Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BWV
Feb 24, 2005

E2M2 posted:

I don't think LeBron really has post moves. He just figured out that refs aren't gonna call a foul on his pushoff when he posts then drives to the basket.

Check out this video full of Lebron's best post moves:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-yh0hf7sBU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

E2M2 posted:

I don't think LeBron really has post moves. He just figured out that refs aren't gonna call a foul on his pushoff when he posts then drives to the basket.

lmfao

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
Goddamn I forgot just how clutch Love was on Curry.

elime anning
Nov 19, 2002

Morbid Hound
I'm still amazed at how little people talked then/today about how it looked like LeBron broke his dang wrist on that play. Yes, the Chaos Dunk That Wasn't is its own craziness. But I still get queasy at the image of James, the savior of Cleveland, unable to shoot a free throw and having to exit game 7 in the final moment before he could achieve the impossible and deliver the title, all due to his first serious injury in his career (and arguably an avoidable one; why not try to run out the clock/force the foul there?). How unthinkably tragic that would've been.

And if he really did break his wrist, would he have tried to shoot the FTs anyway? Would he have shot them lefty? Even if he wasn't injured, you can tell he was off, based on how he clanked the first and barely rattled in the second. Maybe that was just nerves though, who knows.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

well hes also just a mediocre free throw shooter

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

The Warriors/Cavaliers have not played basketball for a combined thirteen days.

Intruder posted:

How the hell are the Mavs one of the times he lost?

LBJ admits he wasn't in the right mindset. Miami had a 45% roster continuity which is awful for a team going for a title. That'd be the lowest ever to win one.

Also, Dirk and Tyson Chandler are both underrated. Dirk has better career shooting numbers than Jordan at this point.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
The Mavs were a 62 win pace team with Dirk in the lineup that year.

Good Work You Get An HIV
Feb 22, 2016

Lebron is a better all around player than Jordan imo

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Got in a long argument with a friend of mine over it in which he became increasingly angry because I guess he has to keep the candle lit. It was interesting to see how Pippen and Rodman and Kukoc and Grant morphed into JAGs as the discussion went on

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

jordans mythical, its just not even possible to have the argument anymore because the facts will get warped to fit the myth no matter what

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

BWV posted:

Check out this video full of Lebron's best post moves:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-yh0hf7sBU

I really love that this video starts with how much curry had sucked that game

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Ghost Dog posted:

jordans mythical, its just not even possible to have the argument anymore because the facts will get warped to fit the myth no matter what

Yeah, but Wilt is a much better Paul Bunyan-esque figure

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

Punkin Spunkin posted:

So I know y'all been clamoring for your boy to bring those David Lee centric highlights videos and the highest concentration of David Lee dunks ever been devised by man
I got you
https://mobile.twitter.com/spurs/status/869512500345053184
Get hype

It's like the best sequel to 300

David Lee is cool and this is good!

Zogo posted:

Also, Dirk and Tyson Chandler are both underrated. Dirk has better career shooting numbers than Jordan at this point.

Yep. Dirk destroyed everything in his path. It was a joy to watch.

Jack's Flow fucked around with this message at 23:49 on May 30, 2017

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

is it even a myth anymore if every single part of its true somehow? wilts so weird

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
This sounds like a bad idea:

https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/status/869613673316143104

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Ghost Dog posted:

is it even a myth anymore if every single part of its true somehow? wilts so weird

Wilt couldn't win without West and Goodrich. Or Chet Walker I guess

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

wilts narrative isnt about him being a winner its about how he was a demigod among boys and its all true. someone found newspapers reporting him playing under an alias as a highschool player in the pros.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Isaiah Thomas maybe ?

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Ghost Dog posted:

wilts narrative isnt about him being a winner its about how he was a demigod among boys and its all true. someone found newspapers reporting him playing under an alias as a highschool player in the pros.

I was straight up joking but yeah the guy certainly had a wacky life story

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

euphronius posted:

Isaiah Thomas maybe ?

Drummond, 12, future first for Thomas and filler?

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Detroit can have all the veterans we have left

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

DeimosRising posted:

Drummond, 12, future first for Thomas and filler?

Seems way too expensive for it. Jeff Teague was just traded for a 12 I think for example.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Teague is just a guy, Thomas is a second round berth in the East and marketable. And I suspect that SVG doesn't really like building around Drummond.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

win what exactly? that roster isn't exactly one piece away from a deep run

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

DeimosRising posted:

Teague is just a guy, Thomas is a second round berth in the East and marketable. And I suspect that SVG doesn't really like building around Drummond.

You have to pay it tho . Major reduction in relative value.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

euphronius posted:

You have to pay it tho . Major reduction in relative value.

Fair but Detroit needs a playoff season, and preferably a series win, to keep interest, draw people to the new stadium, and save SVG's job.

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized

Metapod posted:

win what exactly? that roster isn't exactly one piece away from a deep run

I imagine ownership desperately wants to make the playoffs in their new arena next year.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

They can't waste any more years of Boban's prime .

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

We have 2 former champions, you can have.

or

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
idk does phoenix move bledsoe for the 12th and drummond?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Just 12 would get Bledsoe imho.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Yeah he's not on their timeline and clearly isn't good enough to make a team not suck out loud by himself. The real question is will anyone part with a couple seconds for Reggie, cause if you bench him he's going to be a constant pain in the rear end

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

double post somehow

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
If it's Reggie and the #12 for Rubio I am going to cry

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

euphronius posted:

Just 12 would get Bledsoe imho.

Eh, I think that's underrating him a bit.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Space Camp fuckup posted:

Eh, I think that's underrating him a bit.

It's balancing his skill with the fact that he's always injured and will probably never play a complete season again

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Picks are expensive during the period between the lottery and the actual draft so Bledsoe for 12 might actually be a pretty good deal.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

ready to start a 40-post derail about whether frye is better than dickie simpkins or dahntay jones vs. jud buechler

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Why would Pheonix want Drummond? They're log jammed with bigs as is

Chandler
Len
Bender
Chriss.

Len and Chandler are rebounding bigs in the Drummond mold already. I guess Len could walk and Chandler might have already been thrown away as very expensive benchwarmer, but I suspect they're thinking about Bender and Chriss being the front court of their future. Obviously it could be years before Bender is ready (or he might bust) but it's hard for me to see them wanting to add a big name centre with four years left on their contract when you have a high potential player you're trying to develop behind him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

I'm not sure what kind of Veteran you could get that would teach Drummond how to give a poo poo (and shoot FTs) and make Reggie Jackson not terrible

• Locked thread