Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Empress Brosephine posted:

Does anyone actually use more than one loadout

I got a multiverse event where I had to beat it using only blue gear. So... once so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Other than the premier skins, I guess it would be most useful if you want to have quick access to different sets of equipable abilities. Some of them take up both slots, and if you're playing in a non-competitive mode tournament or something that would theoretically kind of act like MKX's variation system.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yeah, abilities and I guess keep some for looks in game modes where gear doesn't matter.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

I use the loadouts to change shader color, it's kind of a pain maintaining 2 or 3 per character actually. Flash gets 4 because he's got extra poo poo (red, blue, reverse, Jay) Atrocitus gets only 1 because his shaders do like nothing at all

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

You know you can copy and paste loadouts right? Just do that and change the shader back.

Vishass
Feb 1, 2004

Aphrodite posted:

You know you can copy and paste loadouts right? Just do that and change the shader back.

I could be wrong about this, but I am pretty sure copy-paste doesn't change the shader. So you can quickly apply new good gear your premiere and Pink Lanterns xtra loadouts and AI

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I hope the next MK has gear also. I think that's the reason I've put in like 100 hours into this game.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Honestly I want so much of Injustice 2 to become the norm. The gear system, the Pokémon AI battle system, the multiverse system. I hadn't bought a fighting game since MK9, and I have NEVER been this actively invested in replaying one since the salad days of unlocking every character in Tekken 2 through its arcade mode.

NetherRealm hit it out of the park with this, and I want everyone to take a bite.

Beefstew
Oct 30, 2010

I told you that story so I could tell you this one...
Would y'all say this is Netherrealm's best? I think it might be. If not, it's close.

EDIT: Ed Boon retweeted this, so either the DLC "leak" is super fake or Ed Boon is doing some next level trolling.
https://twitter.com/maximilian_/status/869353693656657922

Beefstew fucked around with this message at 22:32 on May 30, 2017

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Only reason I do is for the premier skins. I have three Flash loadouts: Barry, Thawne, and Jay. :)

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Aphrodite posted:

Yeah, abilities and I guess keep some for looks in game modes where gear doesn't matter.

The primary method of playing the game means that gear doesn't matter, so yeah you basically use them for dress up.

Fart City posted:

Nope, and that is one thing I absolutely hope they patch in.

Really? Because I'd much rather they patch in an "open all loot boxes" button.

WarEternal fucked around with this message at 22:46 on May 30, 2017

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I have three loadouts for my catowman: The first is cosmetic for ranked battles, the second focuses on raw stats, and the third has a bunch of multiverse-only bonuses.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

My game didn't give me my epic knife for the Joker event :mad:

Threash
May 18, 2003
First fighting game I've bought in a couple years, and I'm actually having a more fun than I had expected . Even online has been some fun, I was expecting it to be a little harsher while still learning.

Can I get an acceptance into the Xbox One Guild? Gamertag is Threash on there as well, have an app in.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Aphrodite posted:

This is what I do but I have to change the shaders manually every time, for 2-3 slots, for every character in the roster

The inventory system sucks rear end to navigate too

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

WarEternal posted:

Really? Because I'd much rather they patch in an "open all loot boxes" button.

Rather than sit through a twenty match multiverse ladder in real time? Absofruitly.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

Beefstew posted:

Would y'all say this is Netherrealm's best? I think it might be. If not, it's close.

EDIT: Ed Boon retweeted this, so either the DLC "leak" is super fake or Ed Boon is doing some next level trolling.
https://twitter.com/maximilian_/status/869353693656657922

this would be far, FAR from the first time ed boon BSed twitter for laughs

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
I'm gonna guess they did not redesign a character from the ground up with all new shaders and all new gear and all new abilities just because 'backlash over Raiden' or whatever.

Xeremides
Feb 21, 2011

There Diomedes aimed and stabbed, he gouged him down
his glistening flesh and wrenched the spear back out
and the brazen god of war let loose a shriek, roaring,
thundering loud as nine, ten thousand combat soldiers
shriek with Ares' fury when massive armies clash.
My dad is Ed Boon. He said Black Lightning was always going to be the main character, but they wanted to advertise Raiden as they believed he'd have broader appeal, and was easily recognizable as a silhouette. They didn't anticipate how negative the reaction to two MK DLC characters would be.

Also, Thanos is going to be a premier skin for Darkseid.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Raiden actually comes with a Music Meister premier skin.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Beefstew posted:

I'd say this is absolutely leaps and bounds over MKX, so yes. The variant system was a cool idea but boiled down to usually one being better than the other 2. I feel like the steps taken with Multiverse, gear aesthetics/stats, the AI logic customization, the RPG aspects, and general changes to balance like air/roll evasion represent the pinnacle of what NRS has become since MK9 marked their resurrection. It's funny because Injustice 1 is definitely the weakest and worst of the 4 "new" games they've made but this so far has been the best.

Right now I'm halfway done with my draft for the "character details" portion of the OP, along with some other things I want to inject. I'm going to put some links to channels, too--right now I was thinking of the VesperArcade combo tutorials they have, and PigOfTheHut's channel which is rich as gently caress with high level play, great commentary, and tournament matches. He might be the best source for Injustice 2 vids right now, to my knowledge.

If anyone has any other recommendations about what to put in the op besides my bullshit character fuckfest / combo vids and tourney resources / etc, feel free to let me know so I can put in the retooled intro.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
My first suggestion is to put big flashing gifs flanking the guild info

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Is there a Discord?

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
Officially, no
Unofficially, I yell at two dozen friends in my discord about red hood

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

HebrewMagic posted:

Officially, no
Unofficially, I yell at two dozen friends in my discord about red hood

Same but at people on the bus.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

I hate how much better my AI player is than I am. Ugh

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Watching my Diana-bot fight, I think I'm starting to 'get' WW, but geez, most of her basic stuff relies super heavily on split-second cancels to the lasso and the MB shield toss, huh?

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Gaz-L posted:

Watching my Diana-bot fight, I think I'm starting to 'get' WW, but geez, most of her basic stuff relies super heavily on split-second cancels to the lasso and the MB shield toss, huh?

Think of it less split second as a lot of stuff like that you are prebuffering.

For example, other than just raw lasso, main use of lasso would be off b2 trying to catch them at a range with a quick overhead. You can simply input back 2, forward one in sequence. If it hits, great, lasso comes out. If it whiffs, just the b2 happens.

As for mb shield, her hitconfirms are a bit tighter than most people but generally you wanna get if from 11, b11, and d12. Make sure you hit the two buttons in quick succession. If you can visually see it connected you go into mb shield, if not you just let it ride.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I guess those Guild Level 2 bonuses are pretty powerful, because trying to do a tower after the reset was pretty rough.

jaik3n
Sep 18, 2009
Man, fuuuuuucccccckkkkk that upside down screen match on the weekly guild multiverse.

I beat the event, but I doubt I'll do it again. That took me forever.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

jaik3n posted:

Man, fuuuuuucccccckkkkk that upside down screen match on the weekly guild multiverse.

I beat the event, but I doubt I'll do it again. That took me forever.

I had to switch character :(

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I cannot do any of the challenges that involve loving around with the screen, when I try to do those I feel woozy.

I am eating a burrito while the AI plays and am looking at TYM guides trying to decide on a main. Wonder Woman seemed fun but I am hesitant to commit. I'm also looking at Black Canary, Catwoman and Flash because I like the idea of a zippy agile characters. Also maybe Harley. Why is this so difficult

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I don't like how canary plays or that half her moves are parties. Catwoman is life. Harley is cool also. I should probably try more flash. I can't decide on a third.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Also I would play more Poison Ivy if I could get her some pants. Plant Pants

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Goon Squad is still a couple members short of the full 50. Join up for Guild Multiverse fun and I guess have a strong stomach. Time at sea a plus?! Info is in the OP.

Drint Blasters
Jul 1, 2007

Wtf does "plus on block" "negative frames" "50 50" and all that other poo poo mean?

I just do multiverse stuff and have haven't played anyone online as i am trash and will get destroyed.

Do i need to know what this stuff means?

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Drint Blasters posted:

I just do multiverse stuff and have haven't played anyone online as i am trash and will get destroyed.

I don't know what it means but honestly I've had ranked games way easier than multiverse. Don't be too scared to play online.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Drint Blasters posted:

Wtf does "plus on block" "negative frames" "50 50" and all that other poo poo mean?

You don't need to care about it, but if you start caring you won't be trash anymore. just google stuff watch some videos.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Drint Blasters posted:

You can totally just mash and have fun with Multiverse or even have the AI do things for you.

If you want to get deeper into fighting game tactics, the book I linked earlier explains all those concepts, but in tldr form:

When you attack, you have startup frames (you can't block and are committed to the attack), active frames (where you attack will do damage to the opponent if it connects), and recovery frames (where you don't do damage and you can't do anything else).

"Plus on block" = if the opponent blocks, the number of frames they are stunned is higher than your recovery frames, which means you will be able to act again before they can
"Negative frames" = basically the opposite

You can calculate this from the frame data in the move list.

"50/50" = an attack or string of attacks where the opponent has to choose between two options quickly (e.g. block high or block low)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

I take back everything I've said about Deadshot masks because Captain Cold has it way, way worse

• Locked thread