Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Inspector_666 posted:

Why the hell do Reds fans not appreciate him?

Because that drat slacker walks too much instead of playing the game the right way. :bahgawd:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

Wow, MLB actually handled this well?

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Popete posted:

Wow, MLB actually handled this well?

They were cowed by Bryce's uber alpha maleness.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

exploded mummy posted:

They were cowed by Bryce's uber alpha maleness.

He wore too much eyeblack to the hearing so they were left with no choice.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
The Nats get the benefit of playing in a garbage division (just like my favorite team!) and the Giants get the benefit of being just about eliminated from playoff contention by June so who cares

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

The all star game vote is retarded and I hate the Cubs. Thank you.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

I am impressed that Strickland got more games than Harper. Maybe MLB isn't completely incompetent after all

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Im alright with this?

MLB did a good job :psyduck:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Harper should have gotten no more than half of what Strickland did but it's not terrible I guess

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Der Meister posted:

The all star game vote is retarded and I hate the Cubs. Thank you.

Somebody's mad cause their teams fans can barely get Corey Seager ahead of Addison Russell :smug:

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

My only problem is that the 6 game suspension is presumably designed to make him miss 2 starts but since its being given out a day after he pitches probably means he only misses 1. Right? So wouldn't it be better to give him like 8 or 9 just to make sure you cover the rotation?

Senf
Nov 12, 2006

STAC Goat posted:

My only problem is that the 6 game suspension is presumably designed to make him miss 2 starts but since its being given out a day after he pitches probably means he only misses 1. Right? So wouldn't it be better to give him like 8 or 9 just to make sure you cover the rotation?

Strickland is a reliever, so he probably misses 2-3 appearances. But I guess that's pretty similar, so yeah.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

STAC Goat posted:

efb

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

STAC Goat posted:

Hunter Strickland is a lovely bullpen pitcher, not a starter.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Popete posted:

Somebody's mad cause their teams fans can barely get Corey Seager ahead of Addison Russell :smug:
Sorry I couldn't hear you over the echoing sounds of a sweep reverberating from the weekend

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Senf posted:

Strickland is a reliever, so he probably misses 2-3 appearances. But I guess that's pretty similar, so yeah.

I'm an idiot who should have double checked that.

I mean, 6 could be just 2 or 3 appearances so I'm not sure its even. But that's a different equation and I'm still an idiot.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
lol the Giants know a plunker is coming and know they can't justifiably take out Buster

https://twitter.com/PavlovicNBCS/status/869684101321605121

Explosionface
May 30, 2011

We can dance if we want to,
we can leave Marle behind.
'Cause your fiends don't dance,
and if they don't dance,
they'll get a Robo Fist of mine.

bawfuls posted:

I would vote this way if there was an easy way to sort leaderboards by "since last year's ASG" on Fangraphs but alas there is not. At this point in the season "last 1 calendar year" is pretty close I guess? (btw if you do that the answer for NL 1B is still Freeman, Votto, Goldy before Rizzo so lol)

Yeah, I read you. I wasn't necessarily meaning to call you out or suggest Rizzo is the absolute best or anything. Just that the ASG voting is weird and dumb for a lot of reasons at the macro level.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Spoeank posted:

lol the Giants know a plunker is coming and know they can't justifiably take out Buster

Please don't hit Buster, he literally stood there and let Strickland fight Harper all by himself.

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

Spoeank posted:

This is more embarrassing than the HBP

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

bawfuls posted:

Sorry I couldn't hear you over the echoing sounds of a sweep reverberating from the weekend

My reaction this burn:

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Spoeank posted:

imo the Nats should plunk Shark for tackling his own teammate.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Sydin posted:

imo the Nats should plunk Shark for tackling his own teammate.

Wouldn't it be more fitting if the Giants somehow plunked him?

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Who threw this cat at me?
Clapping Larry
Will Mike Trout still be an All Star even if he obviously can't play? Not a single other Angel deserves to be considered.

Simmons as a backup shortstop?
Blake loving Parker as a reliever? They don't even have a token closer they can throw in as an all star.

ego symphonic
Feb 23, 2010

Spoeank posted:

I hope not. I'll be extremely disappointed if this stupid beef continues beyond Strickland. I hope everyone plays a friendly baseball game without incident and the Nats win by 10.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

the harpers loving rule

https://twitter.com/lindseyadler/status/869556298895040512

Explosionface
May 30, 2011

We can dance if we want to,
we can leave Marle behind.
'Cause your fiends don't dance,
and if they don't dance,
they'll get a Robo Fist of mine.

Owns

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

My reaction this burn:

we are immune to these now

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

gently caress Hunter Strickland.

Edit: you drat well better be dude. I'm thankful for the Giants still having The Beast on their roster. That guy rules.

https://mobile.twitter.com/masnKolko/status/869691344461090816

Santheb fucked around with this message at 00:47 on May 31, 2017

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

When did Harper get hitched? He's what, 23?

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Timby posted:

Andre Dawson got ejected from a game against the ... Reds, I think (I was there, all of seven years old at the time), and because he got so pissed at the umpire he hurled like seventeen or eighteen bats onto the field before hitting the showers. :v:

Oh, hey, it was Cowboy Joe who tossed him:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzmSdOIy-lg

baseball fuckin' owns

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

R.D. Mangles posted:

baseball fuckin' owns

My favorite indelible memory of that night is, after Dawson finally went to the locker room, the umpires counting the bats by hand so they'd have an accurate report for the league office.

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
Would Strickland have been suspended if Harper didnt charge?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

No because mlb makes no fuckin sense

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

Nope and he wouldn't have even been ejected.

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
I like to imagine that the punishment is that George Kontos comes in to pitch anyways, all but guaranteeing the run scores.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
Way to go Hunter

https://twitter.com/extrabaggs/status/869738372268400640

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Mikey Mo got more time than Harper or Strick :laffo:

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Cubs score a run! Woooooooh Contreras!

EDIT: Not the GDT!

Popete fucked around with this message at 04:19 on May 31, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

When did Harper get hitched? He's what, 23?

In December. Sounds like it went about how you'd expect. https://www.washingtonian.com/2017/01/12/bryce-harper-lined-his-tuxedo-jacket-with-photos-of-his-bride-on-their-wedding-day/

N: If the Mariners win tomorrow they will be .500 for the month of May.

V: How is that even possible?

• Locked thread