Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MarksMan
Mar 18, 2001
Nap Ghost

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Nope. Memorial Day, I guess.

Beat me before I could stealth edit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
Better Call Saul Season 3 - It's not showtime this week, folks...

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Nope. Memorial Day, I guess.

but justice doesnt take a day off tho

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
Use this time to rewatch old Better Call Saul commercials
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Db-RFNJDO3s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3DY1_zijgA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3F2oO98C6Nw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-nhEHXQcTs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqnHtGgVAUE

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.
Since there's no new episode this week may I suggest Twin Peaks or House of Cards (available tomorrow).

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Tenzarin posted:

There's no new episode and I just found out there's 3 more episodes to go.

You uh, just learn how to count? Not like they're bucking tradition here or something...

Aardark
Aug 5, 2004

by Lowtax

Cnut the Great posted:

Huh, if it happened in prison you'd think they'd be more than "pretty sure."
Yes, you'd think that, if you were under the impression that government agencies are competent.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Help Im Alive posted:

Better Call Saul should be live/daily/completely improvised

Unironically agreed

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

Tenzarin posted:

There's no new episode and I just found out there's 3 more episodes to go.

Speaking of which, we haven't heard anything about whether there will be a season 4 yet if I'm not mistaken :ohdear:

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014
I wonder if Jimmy is inadvertently going to drive Chuck to suicide. The law is the last thing that Chuck has, if he loses his ability to practice because the insurance company drops him he's going to be nothing but a broken old man with no family, no friends and an empty house.

ricro
Dec 22, 2008
Ugh, there's more House of Cards? I've only ever hate-watched that show and I hate that I will hate-watch the new season too

Neon Noodle
Nov 11, 2016

there's nothing wrong here in montana

Cimber posted:

I wonder if Jimmy is inadvertently going to drive Chuck to suicide. The law is the last thing that Chuck has, if he loses his ability to practice because the insurance company drops him he's going to be nothing but a broken old man with no family, no friends and an empty house.
Nah I think Chuck's the kind who can survive on spite alone. He can't die as long as Jimmy lives and practices law.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Cimber posted:

Hamlin is his friend.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Cimber posted:

Given the titles I wouldn't be surprised if his lantern causes a fire.

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Hamlin is his friend.

Na, Hamlin is his partner who keeps him around for his prestige. Once chuck becomes a liability he's going to get dropped.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Cimber posted:

Na, Hamlin is his partner who keeps him around for his prestige. Once chuck becomes a liability he's going to get dropped.

Yeah I talked to Howard and this is what he said

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Die Sexmonster! posted:

You uh, just learn how to count? Not like they're bucking tradition here or something...

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

maskenfreiheit posted:

Given the titles I wouldn't be surprised if his lantern causes a fire.

That lantern has been shown and even mentioned in the show so many times that by now it's basically Chekhov's Thermonuclear Blast.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Man who writes these garbage recaps

that's better

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Agreed.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Help Im Alive posted:

that's better

lol

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Help Im Alive posted:

that's better

:cheers:

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

Help Im Alive posted:

that's better

This makes up for not getting a new episode this week.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Help Im Alive posted:

that's better
:golfclap:

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

Now do GoT

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Watching clips of BB on youtube and it is amazing how much younger Bob Odenkirk looks now. Helps that it looks like he lost a lot of weight between the shows.

ghostwritingduck
Aug 26, 2004

"I hope you like waking up at 6 a.m. and having your favorite things destroyed. P.S. Forgive me because I'm cuter than that $50 wire I just ate."
I haven't been watching since the second episode this season. Have things picked up?

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

ghostwritingduck posted:

I haven't been watching since the second episode this season. Have things picked up?

not really, no

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

ghostwritingduck posted:

May as well just wait out the next few weeks and binge the rest of it. I like to watch this show in 3-4 episode chunks.

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

Rexides posted:

That lantern has been shown and even mentioned in the show so many times that by now it's basically Chekhov's Thermonuclear Blast.

Which means what we all think is going to happen, probably isn't going to happen. They want us to think "Lantern" is going to be a "Box Cutter"-type indicator of what's going to happen in the episode.

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

Apparently episode 8 was shown on a channel in Spain. theres already spoilers and screenshots going around, so uh i guess be careful if ur worried about that type of thing

ghostwritingduck
Aug 26, 2004

"I hope you like waking up at 6 a.m. and having your favorite things destroyed. P.S. Forgive me because I'm cuter than that $50 wire I just ate."

Solice Kirsk posted:

May as well just wait out the next few weeks and binge the rest of it. I like to watch this show in 3-4 episode chunks.

That's my plan at this point. I've been rewatching Breaking Bad in the meantime with my wife who has never seen it. Somehow, Breaking Bad is the funnier show which is pretty ironic given the original pitch of Better Call Saul.

Nude
Nov 16, 2014

I have no idea what I'm doing.

Help Im Alive posted:

that's better

:golfclap: pretty much sums up why I like this thread so much.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Gene falls to the floor of the cinnabon. People rush to help him. He weakly speaks his last few words before dying

"I...i...i aquit"

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

drunken officeparty posted:

Gene falls to the floor of the cinnabon. People rush to help him. He weakly speaks his last few words before dying

"I...i...i aquit"

That's always the one that gets brought up, but the worst "debate" from The Office thread is still whether the salt on the cars was real or not.

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

Maybe 'Lantern' will be a beacon of hope for Chuck as he gets his brain fixed.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
Hot take: I hope Chuck dies.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

mallratcal posted:

Maybe 'Lantern' will be a beacon of hope for Chuck as he gets his brain fixed.

He wasn't in the last episode, so I bet he's made huge strides in his recovery by the time the insurance company looks into him. Sure, there's the transcripts, but they may not read as poorly as they flowed out of him. And he can play the "my brother broke my heart, of course I was upset" card just as much as Jimmy did.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

I hope the show continues on well into the Breaking Bad timeline and we see what else Jimmy and the rest of the characters were up to during this time (if they are alive).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

maskenfreiheit posted:

Hot take: I hope Chuck dies.

Me too, but only if his ghost keeps haunting Jimmy/Saul because Michael McKean is definitely one of the best things about this show.

• Locked thread