Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Schwarzwald posted:

Is that the coin sword from Giant Robo OVA?
Dunno, its called the Sanada Hiken, I thought just a reference to Yukimura (it evolved from a roll of six coins) but maybe more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarsDragon
Apr 27, 2010

"You've all learned something very important here: there are things in this world you just can't change!"
I'm pretty sure coin swords are one of those Chinese fantasy magic things that sometimes show up in wuxia and related genres. I think I remember the production commentary for episode 7 mentioning that Imagawa brought one back from Hong Kong?

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qa4QTZMDzYk
New Gundam Versus trailer detailing the game modes.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
New SRW game announcements when

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Pureauthor posted:

OGS3 with all of Alpha 3's story or bust.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Samurai Sanders posted:

OGS3 with all of Alpha 3's story or bust.

This plus the W originals.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
When Mist finally gets in I want him to be completely unannounced so people post pictures and screenshots and everyone thinks they're the usual fakes.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE

EthanSteele posted:

When Mist finally gets in I want him to be completely unannounced so people post pictures and screenshots and everyone thinks they're the usual fakes.

Well, what else are they going to do, have a half page magazine spread trumpeting "Mist Rex joins the fight!!"?

Inferno-sama
Jun 5, 2015

You touch my burger, and I'll slap you so hard you won't even be able to understand how you fucked up.

Caphi posted:

Well, what else are they going to do, have a half page magazine spread trumpeting "Mist Rex joins the fight!!"?

"What a fun party..." with pictures of Mist getting beaten up by mooks.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Caphi posted:

"MIST REX INSULTS THE FIGHT!"

Davzz
Jul 31, 2008

Pureauthor posted:

You can expect some wacky new series for X-O in the next Livestream, at least.

KoB
May 1, 2009
They usually announce the next title within a month or two it felt like, weird that theres still nothing.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

EthanSteele posted:

I mean, we've kind of run out of aliens to keep out of trailers/press releases already. We kind of need a new one to step up.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
We do have the Database and Cobol in the pipeline, and I assume some more of whatever the Zvork are doing.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

https://twitter.com/BandaiNamcoUS/status/867426226348081153
"Old Hotness+New Hotness" won the vote unsurprisingly.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

That's some beautiful box-art there. Also wow this is getting a physical release?!

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

probably been talked about before but i'd like to take a moment to appreciate how they actually managed to redeem prince of darkness and akito in particular super hard

like this is almost Z1 SEED Destiny levels of redemption

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

Caphi posted:

"We have a new spin on an old favourite called Catharsis Mode! Now you can watch attack animations with different pilots without having to actually play a stage in this updated Exhibition mode! Unfortunately the only punching bag we could find is everyone's favourite dunderhead Mist Rex! Of course everyone spent a long time in the studio so all the characters have lots of line berating him!"

What I actually really want is Michiru's equivalent of Nuke and Mucha.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Policenaut posted:

That's some beautiful box-art there. Also wow this is getting a physical release?!

Yep, preorders have been up on amazon and the other usual physical outlets for a bit.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

EthanSteele posted:

What I actually really want is Michiru's equivalent of Nuke and Mucha.
If they do get around to creating such characters, I only ask that they be as cool as Michiru is. Even if that means they learn like 4 spirit commands at level 99 to offset things.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
Super Bancho Wars Z: Pompadour-hen

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

finished, i can't believe after all that they pulled a ROBOT: WHAT IS LOVE to win but it caught me off guard and owned so much

good game overall and the story ruled too, even if SEED and Zambot were pretty much pointless throughout

at least banjou got to do something

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

AradoBalanga posted:

If they do get around to creating such characters, I only ask that they be as cool as Michiru is. Even if that means they learn like 4 spirit commands at level 99 to offset things.

Eventually they can get their own robots and they can do a combo attack called the 8-7-10 Beat and now Michiru and his crew are Boss/Nuke/Mucha and Banjo/Watta/Kappei. Bancho Haran???????

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Man, I just love the spritework and animation of Alpha/Alpha Gaiden.

Davzz
Jul 31, 2008
Your new "debut through way of X-O" entries are Gasaraki and Sora Kake Girl*

*I do so like it when they pick non-traditional "Sci-Fi instead of Mecha" series.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
Now introducing the Power Rangers (2017) and Pacific Rim to SRW W

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
The Alpha Gaiden animations for the Masoukishin and SRX units are amazing, it's too bad the units themselves are kinda bad.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost
Yamato has opened the possibilities for non mecha series. So I nominate Outlaw Star, because big rear end spaceships with arms are rad.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

im pretty sure tekkaman blade did that way before yamato

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
d-boy might not literally be a robot but tekkaman blade is totally a mecha series

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Endorph posted:

im pretty sure tekkaman blade did that way before yamato

Tekkaman at least has human-shaped robots or robot-like things. (I mean technically Evangelions aren't robots either but you know.) Yamato's just got carriers and spaceships. That said the carriers have always been a big part of SRW so I think it's easier to imagine a carrier-dominated series compared to like Cowboy Bebop (which was in Sunrise Heroes for example)

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Was joking with friends about how clearly it means we could now get Battlestar Galactica in SRW.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

If we go down this road, I'm gonna jump straight to a SRW-like featuring Star Trek, Babylon 5, and fuckin' Space Above and Beyond.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
I still want a Stargate RTS, drat it. With playable Travellers.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

And then SeaQuest was there somehow.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I wonder if V did well enough the next SRW will get an English release too.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

A decent number of Japanese publishers seem to really want to go all in on SEA territories so I wouldn't be surprised.

KoB
May 1, 2009
Most of them have said that their international releases are more important than ever.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

ImpAtom posted:

I wonder if V did well enough the next SRW will get an English release too.

I mean, we said that about Moon Dwellers, and then V came out and a shitload of people bought it. No numbers, but I have anecdotal evidence of a ton of English-speaking fans all bought V (who never imported SRW before) including people who are new to the series. Just look at this thread, for starters.

I'm hopeful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Now we have to start fantasizing about simultaneous PC release in English.

• Locked thread