Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Guess I'm here to break the stereotype, not even one female thief anywhere in sight. Playing dressup in this is still fun though. :D

Mind sharing what the hands/shoulders in this one are?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Avalerion posted:

Guess I'm here to break the stereotype, not even one female thief anywhere in sight. Playing dressup in this is still fun though. :D

I, too, am without a female human Thief.

I play Fashion Wars 2 on hard mode: male sylvari, light armor profession. Sure, cultural armor looks good, but that's really about it.

(I'm pretty sure some combination of charr and either light or medium armor is Very Hard or possibly Extreme mode)

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Charr medium armor has some neat stuff. Light armor though...yea, got nothing.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
The new maps definitely give enough to unlock their own zone-gimmick masteries.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Bieeardo posted:

The new maps definitely give enough to unlock their own zone-gimmick masteries.

Okay cool. For some reason I didn't think they "paid for themselves" but I might have miscounted on some of the later zones.

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

It factors in story MPs as well as achievement and channeling spots on the map. And I've gotten very few gold adventures and have loads of HoT MP left over so you'll be fine

Avalerion posted:

Mind sharing what the hands/shoulders in this one are?

Toxic gloves and shoulders, they cycle through the gem store every so often so you'll definitely see them at some point.

Also at least my other alts aren't using the same colour on half of them, hadn't even realised jeez

And charr light choices are garbage, cultural or otherwise

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

jokes posted:

Dope. So I can take my nightfall character to do the Prophecies campaign?

Yeah, though I think there a few missions you're locked out of, mainly pre-searing ones. For the trophy you really only need to the last 5-6 missions in Prophecies since the game considers you Ascended if you finish on if the other campaigns first.

There should be guides with what heroes to use and their optimal setups for easy mode through the campaigns. When I did it it only took a few hours of Jade Quarry to unlock all the skills you need. Though this was 6-7 years ago so the pvp might be a ghost town now.

Jinh
Sep 12, 2008

Fun Shoe

jokes posted:

So I'm replaying GW1 for the story and some HoM points here and there and did a nightfall character, since I generally quit probably 30% of the way through the story and want heroes. Reddit suggests instead doing Prophecies since it has the most relevant lore to GW1, but I really want heroes.

Here's what I know: If you get a prophecies character to level 10 and get ran to Lion's Arch or whatever you can start the Nightfall and Factions campaigns with those characters. You also unlock heroes. My question is: can I then take those heroes and go do the Prophecies campaign? Is this any different than just taking a Nightfall hero to Lion's Arch after doing all the Istan quests?

You can absolutely complete all the different stories on one character, and once you unlock heroes they're available everywhere on that character.

If i remember right, getting to lions arch from the start of Prophecies takes forever, people used to sell speed runs to there to skip a ton of stuff.

I've seen on reddit that its totally recommended to start in elona for heroes but i think you should still make a character in the other 2 games so that you can see their beginnings, since i think you miss out on it otherwise. If you take a dude from elona to cantha they just sorta give you the short version and you start helping out.

prophecies' opening is very very strong and very relevent to gw2's human and charr culture, and factions was my favorite of all the gw1 stories so i have a million fond memories of it, even if it may as well have never happened in gw2 outside of shiro being a revenant spirit.

Man i kinda wanna go back and replay gw1

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

For the reward books they added in (so many runs of hard mode GWEN missions for faction credit) the campaign books only count the missions after the main hub city and the prescence of other campaign characters, so any of the missions leading to Lion's Arch, Kaineng City or Spamadan don't count. They do count for the mission title though so do them anyway, and having heroes makes them much simpler. Either three geared and endgame-skilled level 20s, or the level 8 default henchmen, you pick.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

The new dog mini looks awesome, the new outfit is just trenchcoat version 745.

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!
Google discordway. GW1 problems solved.

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Erdricks posted:

Will absolutely second this; x/A with Assassin's Promise, "You Move Like A Dwarf!", Ebon Vanguard Assassin Support and whatever that extra ranged damage at under 50% PVE skill was*, three necros running Discordway, two mesmers and two ritualists will trivialise GW1 completely.

*I used elementalist for the extra energy and wards, also drat I'll have to download GW1 on my new machine to check what this other skill was it's really bugging me

e: wait I have installed it, it just spontaneously hid itself and all its icons?

e": Oh, it was "Finish Him!" also Pain Inverter instead of EVAS, and oh boy does that break the game in half over your knee; can highly recommend

Illuyankas fucked around with this message at 21:23 on May 30, 2017

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

Eltoasto posted:

The new dog mini looks awesome, the new outfit is just trenchcoat version 745.

Totally unrealistic and immersion breaking. Unbelievable.

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Since we were talking about light armour for charr and how much their options suck, post your catbull abominations

Maldavos
May 26, 2015
Grimey Drawer
Those are some excellent chats. :love:

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.

Avalerion posted:

Charr medium armor has some neat stuff. Light armor though...yea, got nothing.

I like the light leystone chest on charr. Sleeveless vest seems to work for them.

Humerus
Jul 7, 2009

Rule of acquisition #111:
Treat people in your debt like family...exploit them.

I don't take enough pictures of my salad. But what I've got, I'll share:

Found out the hard way that certain boots clip with these pants! Great job Anet!

Need to work on getting better dyes, or maybe just using the ones I have better.

FlyTB20C
Sep 16, 2004

Illuyankas posted:

Since we were talking about light armour for charr and how much their options suck, post your catbull abominations

Haha I love the names!

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Illuyankas posted:

When I get home from work, you're on :getin:

Sekkira
Apr 11, 2008

I Don't Get It,
I Don't Get It,

Erdricks posted:

Smite monks supporting you going melee is much faster.

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.

Sekkira posted:

Smite monks supporting you going melee is much faster.

Both are horrible options, unless you're doing masteries of a low party member # zone, discordway isn't that great. I mastered the art of heros back in gw1. For starters make a healing rit, a curse/healer necro, a minion master necro and as many loving mesmers as you can get.

xthnru
Apr 6, 2007

FUCK YOU GUYS. I'm out.
Oooh, I wanna vainpost too!

Norns!

Me Oh So Norny

Hiterally Litler Reported N Blocked

Athanasia Achaikou

Charr!

Litterflinger

The Pee Man of SFD

Salads!

Comrade Crapofski

Moldseller

Colpetto di Bonetti

Rakitriya

Human Females!

Hapsburg Princess

Ifyouseekay Some Cunning Stunt Stallin' Josefina

Natalija Finis

Die Cishet Scum Jen Daquir

Xthnru

Pseudoscorpion
Jul 26, 2011

I'm embarrassingly terrible at the Fashion Wars meta :(

Flame Legion wannabe Charr elementalist.

White Human Female Meta Pirate Thief

Bonus Guardian in my comedy "C'mon, try to kill me for that one achievement" nomads WvW armor

Pseudoscorpion fucked around with this message at 02:09 on May 31, 2017

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Are you a pack of imbeciles!?

jokes posted:

Bunch of folks playing Sylvari. Where my humans at?

(Olivia Falkenrath, Anja The Aegis, Pride of Kaga)

(Kaguya Bluearrow, Radha Solomon, Vanquisher Asuka)

(Katherine Chevalier, Shula Neri, Catastrophic Haimei)

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

xthnru posted:

Moldseller

This is good.

Adhesive Gamin
Sep 29, 2010

Meatoberfest is in full swing.

Illuyankas posted:

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

This one of yours has always been one of my favourite looking Charr. Salty seadog old lady charr.

Sekkira
Apr 11, 2008

I Don't Get It,
I Don't Get It,

Sprite141 posted:

Both are horrible options, unless you're doing masteries of a low party member # zone, discordway isn't that great. I mastered the art of heros back in gw1. For starters make a healing rit, a curse/healer necro, a minion master necro and as many loving mesmers as you can get.

You underestimate the power of Balthazars Aura bouncing off you pretty much constantly alongside Zealot's Fire, Strength of Honor and Jesus Beams. You just need to c + space your way through the map and vanquish with relative ease and speed.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

oh hey, character posting?

careful not to cut yourself on my abs

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

oh and here's my norn

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

Got very confused when I read norn as mom

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Night Danger Moose posted:

please do NOT doxx me

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

Night Danger Moose posted:

same

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).

Harrow posted:

Am I going to have to do literally everything that awards mastery points if I want to unlock all the masteries, or are there enough points I haven't accounted for that I can pick and choose? Like do I need to be prepared to try to gold every adventure and do all the HoT story achievements?

Getting enough Maguuma mastery points to max all the mastery tracks before they added the Living Story 3 maps was easy enough, now it is super easy. Each of the LS3 maps added 3-4 easy masteries. Just play the game and you will get most of them.

Tyria masteries is a whole other matter and require you to do almost all of them except the extremely difficult ones.

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

Ineptitude posted:

Getting enough Maguuma mastery points to max all the mastery tracks before they added the Living Story 3 maps was easy enough, now it is super easy. Each of the LS3 maps added 3-4 easy masteries. Just play the game and you will get most of them.

Tyria masteries is a whole other matter and require you to do almost all of them except the extremely difficult ones.

You'll actually wind up about ~20 mastery points short after grabbing all the strongboxes and other low hanging fruit in HoT and the LS3 maps. I've maxed my raids, ancient magics, gliding, and exalted lore, but I'm 4/6 Itzel and 5/6 Nuhoch. Still need 23 mastery points, and that means adventures and sticking my dick in the grinder that is TD.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Alright, fashion dump time. I have a human thief lady too:

I’ll do the Charrpost in a sec but first I want to post a couple of my Norns because I really like their designs and I find it hard to do Norn things that aren’t joke looks:

Charrpost including some light armour dudes who I think look alright:

And finally my other human characters themed after the gods because it’s fun to work towards a goal:

I should really pick GW2 up again given how much time I've wasted playing dressup in it.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).

Erdricks posted:

You'll actually wind up about ~20 mastery points short after grabbing all the strongboxes and other low hanging fruit in HoT and the LS3 maps. I've maxed my raids, ancient magics, gliding, and exalted lore, but I'm 4/6 Itzel and 5/6 Nuhoch. Still need 23 mastery points, and that means adventures and sticking my dick in the grinder that is TD.

Well yeah, the game rains mastery points down on you when you do the meta events in the HoT zones. I have assumed that people will be doing those when saying which masteries are easy or not.

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

Is there any effective way to control the game from a phone ? I tried using Chrome remote desktop from my phone, but the app only sends keystrokes to a textbox so I can't actually move a character or do anything but click.

RIP click to move

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

On the bright side, I think I've gotten all the mastery insights and strongboxes in Tangled Depths thanks to a random HP train I joined the other day.

Guess I should start paying more attention to non-Auric Basin HoT zone metas, though. I find those more fun than achievement hunting and most adventures so that's a better source for at least a few mastery points, once I'm done with the Living World season 3 stuff that I haven't finished yet.

Also I tried the Ember Bay jumping puzzle yesterday and holy poo poo, whoever designed that must be the kind of person who thinks mashing the space bar to jank-climb up mountains in Skyrim is the pinnacle of platforming gameplay because fuuuuuuck that. I think I reached the second checkpoint before deciding one mastery point wasn't worth it.

• Locked thread