Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007
A lot of good salads being posted.

graynull posted:

I had fun coloring out my Sylvari Warrior. Wanted to do something a little different and in theme for the warrior/berserker line so he looks kinda burned and ashy with a smoldering orange underglow effect. Only level 10 so I just got naked since I just have basic bitch gear. Tried going for the hard darkest flat grey first but it looked a little dull. The nightwood skin color added some more dimension and looked a bit more like living wood in the process of burning instead of just a brittle charcoal shell. The glow at night really sells it.

(Bonus glamor shot with pay2win pretty princess garb)

What armor is this?

Edit: Apparently I missed this when it came out. Sentinel Outfit

Night Danger Moose posted:

My salad ranger. Haven't been 80 long enough to play pretty princess yet though.

This is a good+underused outfit. Very nice.

ItBurns fucked around with this message at 01:56 on May 29, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

So I'm tired of having 200 apm on my engineer. What's a good class that is always welcome into a pug fractal or raid?

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Keegers posted:

So I'm tired of having 200 apm on my engineer

Do you mean rpm like a propellor blade and that's the speed at which your arms are flailing when playing engy?

Try a different spec with far less flailing like scrapper

Or do what all the cool kids do and roll a warrior

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

CLAM DOWN posted:

Do you mean rpm like a propellor blade and that's the speed at which your arms are flailing when playing engy?

Try a different spec with far less flailing like scrapper

Thinking about picking up my druid again since they seem to have a good condi ranger build and can be support.

Papal Mainframe
May 3, 2017

CLAM DOWN posted:

Warrior was my first 80, and I don't think I've played him since I unlocked Berserker :(

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Are you a pack of imbeciles!?

Kessel posted:

cover me with your creamy dressing

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Bunch of folks playing Sylvari. Where my humans at?

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

jokes posted:

they all have jobs

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

jokes posted:

My Thief is a white human lady BY PURE COINCIDENCE that every other thief seems to be as well.

It's very upsetting.

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

me irl

joke race haters will never have this hat

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

jokes posted:

Turns out I really like the aviators sunglasses, and also handsome bald men

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

Illuyankas posted:

Turns out I really like the aviators sunglasses, and also handsome bald men

I have a new color for you it's called gold

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

the last thing an unarmed centaur teenager sees

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

When I play this in borderless windowed mode it's muck darker and sharper. For some reason it fatigues my eyes faster as well.
Is this a known issue?

Papal Mainframe
May 3, 2017
I am convinced every light armor bottom is incredibly lovely. I just want pants, Anet, not bizarre skirt things.

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.
Lookit all these salads.

This picture has 1.3k views in my imgur and I have no loving clue why.

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
Always have more female humans.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Human female has a p dope voice actor, and they look cool and good as thiefs. I believe this to be why 97% of all thiefs are human females.

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.

jokes posted:

Human female has a p dope voice actor, and they look cool and good as thiefs. I believe this to be why 97% of all thiefs are human females.

My thief is a human male.

Papal Mainframe
May 3, 2017

jokes posted:

Human female thief owner reporting in.

Jinh
Sep 12, 2008

Fun Shoe

Papal Mainframe posted:

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).

Jinh posted:

Papal Mainframe posted:

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

It seems like every armor model (aside from non-human racial armor) was designed for female humans first so playing a female human is optimal for the fashion endgame

Unrelated edit:

I really wonder how the new expansion's story is going to work.

Heart of Thorns's story only worked (to the degree that it did work) because Living World season 2 set it up. To compare it to the core game's personal story, it's like LW season 2 is all the setup, and HoT is the assault on Orr. Taken on its own, HoT concludes way too quickly and easily for an assault on an Elder Dragon, but with LW season 2's setup, it (kinda) works.

But LW season 3 isn't setting up Kralkatorrik. If we bust into Elona and gently caress up Kralkatorrik over the course of 16 missions, it's going to be even more of a letdown. They're either going to need to cram a lot more story missions into the expansion--which seems less likely--or put off actually finishing off the dragon until the next LW season. (Well, either that or just have a lovely letdown of a story progression, and that's always an option :v:)

Harrow fucked around with this message at 15:16 on May 30, 2017

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

hope we just kill all our teammates like "woah got possessed by balthazar sorry mates" except mysteriously only the two girls and braham die (rox is never around and taimi is actually sort of funny)

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.

where the red fern gropes posted:

hope we just kill all our teammates like "woah got possessed by balthazar sorry mates" except mysteriously only the two girls and braham die (rox is never around and taimi is actually sort of funny)

Then Palawa Joko rezzes them as his minions and becomes your new guild member.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I hope we're forced to ally with Palawa Joko again and he once again gets to go on being a villain after we're done. Just repeat history all over again.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

i want to play as palawa joker so i can kick my own rear end

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

So I bought the exp and used my level 80 boost on a ranger because druid sounds cool. I don't have masteries unlocked though yet do I have to play the expansion to do so?

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

Harrow posted:

Heart of Thorns's story only worked (to the degree that it did work) because Living World season 2 set it up. To compare it to the core game's personal story, it's like LW season 2 is all the setup, and HoT is the assault on Orr. Taken on its own, HoT concludes way too quickly and easily for an assault on an Elder Dragon, but with LW season 2's setup, it (kinda) works.

But LW season 3 isn't setting up Kralkatorrik. If we bust into Elona and gently caress up Kralkatorrik over the course of 16 missions, it's going to be even more of a letdown. They're either going to need to cram a lot more story missions into the expansion--which seems less likely--or put off actually finishing off the dragon until the next LW season. (Well, either that or just have a lovely letdown of a story progression, and that's always an option :v:)

It seems like season 3 was mostly about putting two new dragons on the table and then putting them away again for a while, mostly so that the story of the entire game isn't all six dragons politely waiting in line to be taken out one at a time.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

BadLlama posted:

So I bought the exp and used my level 80 boost on a ranger because druid sounds cool. I don't have masteries unlocked though yet do I have to play the expansion to do so?

You need to complete "Torn from the sky" story instance to unlock a bunch of masteries. I think that's the first step of HoT story.

e. This also applies to Central Tyria masteries, I believe

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

BadLlama posted:

Yeah, you'll need to do things in the Heart of Thorns maps to get mastery points to unlock the masteries, and also gain experience to train them up. And I think you need to do the first couple of Heart of Thorns story chapters, but they're pretty short.

Rand Brittain posted:

It seems like season 3 was mostly about putting two new dragons on the table and then putting them away again for a while, mostly so that the story of the entire game isn't all six dragons politely waiting in line to be taken out one at a time.

That seems to be the case. I just wonder what they're going to do with Kralkatorrik. It'll be pretty underwhelming if we storm into Elona and gently caress up Kralkatorrik in less than 20 missions like we did with Mordremoth, but Mordremoth at least had a lot of build-up in a LW season before we actually went to fight him on his turf. So I'm mostly curious if we're actually going to beat Kralkatorrik yet. Though it'd be pretty amusing if Kralkatorrik was somehow a background threat to Balthazar or something.

Harrow fucked around with this message at 17:40 on May 30, 2017

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Oh I see, it's very annoying as my xp bar is maxed out and anytime I get xp a window will pop up saying something like "You are fully trained time to select a mastery" then I go into the mastery window and both options are just locked. RIP

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Just do the first HoT story mission (Torn from the sky) and your problems are solved.

Later on you'll find that you're lacking in mastery points, not the actual exp (I know I did).

e: As long as we're posting other character pics too, here's my main, a ranger (but a human female still). But unlike many I have found there's not too much good armor, with all the buttcapes and trenchcoats they want us to wear. The strider armor would sell quite a bit more if the "V" shaped bit in the front middle would be made of same kind of fishnet as the back... just sayin' !

TeaJay fucked around with this message at 18:24 on May 30, 2017

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Speaking of mastery points, I didn't get that far in masteries when HoT first released and now I've maxed out a few tracks and I'm running low on points. I know there are a few lockboxes I haven't found in Auric Basin and Dragon's Stand but that's only a handful more points. From then on, it's just achievements and adventures, right?

Am I going to have to do literally everything that awards mastery points if I want to unlock all the masteries, or are there enough points I haven't accounted for that I can pick and choose? Like do I need to be prepared to try to gold every adventure and do all the HoT story achievements?

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

So I'm replaying GW1 for the story and some HoM points here and there and did a nightfall character, since I generally quit probably 30% of the way through the story and want heroes. Reddit suggests instead doing Prophecies since it has the most relevant lore to GW1, but I really want heroes.

Here's what I know: If you get a prophecies character to level 10 and get ran to Lion's Arch or whatever you can start the Nightfall and Factions campaigns with those characters. You also unlock heroes. My question is: can I then take those heroes and go do the Prophecies campaign? Is this any different than just taking a Nightfall hero to Lion's Arch after doing all the Istan quests?

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

jokes posted:

Here's what I know: If you get a prophecies character to level 10 and get ran to Lion's Arch or whatever you can start the Nightfall and Factions campaigns with those characters. You also unlock heroes. My question is: can I then take those heroes and go do the Prophecies campaign? Is this any different than just taking a Nightfall hero to Lion's Arch after doing all the Istan quests?

Heroes aren't restricted to a particular campaign, no.

Harrow posted:

Am I going to have to do literally everything that awards mastery points if I want to unlock all the masteries, or are there enough points I haven't accounted for that I can pick and choose? Like do I need to be prepared to try to gold every adventure and do all the HoT story achievements?

Guides to mastery points are near the end of the OP.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Dope. So I can take my nightfall character to do the Prophecies campaign?

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Harrow posted:

You don't need _every_ mastery point to max HoT masteries. You will need a lot, though. I believe the new maps also have mastery points that give Maguuma mastery (green) for some reason. Probably since they're not part of core (red).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

TeaJay posted:

You don't need _every_ mastery point to max HoT masteries. You will need a lot, though. I believe the new maps also have mastery points that give Maguuma mastery (green) for some reason. Probably since they're not part of core (red).

I'd assume the new maps give Maguuma mastery points because their mastery track is a Maguuma mastery track, but in the end I also don't know that they give enough to cover their own masteries either (maybe they do and I'm missing a few).

• Locked thread