Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

ShowTime posted:

I don't really understand why restarting would be beneficial when I have this much stuff already. I think i'd rather just quit if restarting is my only option, which it doesn't seem to be.

I get that, but by using the knowledge you have, and starting a new game, you'll probably go straight to top 200. When you first join arena (level 28 now?), it puts you in a group of people that all started at the same time as you (within a couple days). By restarting, you get into a new group and can immediately start climbing and working on the heroes that are actually good in this game. For the most part, Jedi are pretty worthless until level 85, at which point you can put together a jedi group that you can climb with, but will still fall between arena payouts. Additionally, by restarting, you can temporarily change the time zone of your account (to something in an ocean, whichever is closer, or mountain time, if you prefer) to reduce the amount of competition you face at payout.
While you already have a bunch of stuff, all that stuff has an opportunity cost of not having other things, like rebels and imperials, the base of any good starting team. Since you don't have those, by the time you do, the goalposts will have moved further. If you're still playing this game in 3 months, those two weeks of "lost" time won't really matter and you'll be farther along. Arena is the primary way to get crystals daily, and you're going to have one hell of a time catching up to the other f2p people on your shard (whereas you won't catch up with people that dropped money for quite a bit longer).
If you don't mind just dinking along where you are, work on your rebels and imperials -- look through the OP, I even wrote a section for priority heroes and where to get them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy

Malgrin posted:

I wrote a pretty good guide in the OP.

Lvl 50 is nothing time-wise. Follow this advice, whether you choose to restart or not. Unlike some threads in games, Mal keeps the OP updated tirelessly.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
That's kind of depressing actually. I guess I didn't realize this game was like that when I started playing. I thought the thread title was a joke but boy does it seem accurate now.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

ShowTime posted:

That's kind of depressing actually. I guess I didn't realize this game was like that when I started playing. I thought the thread title was a joke but boy does it seem accurate now.

I mean, we all actually enjoy the game, but it's also a horrible slog and if you don't know what you're doing, you'll get so far behind.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012
Is there a relatively low gear requirement darkside team that requires no zetas? I am really only looking to clear the darkside hard nodes so its not for arena or anything like that. Haven't really put much into dark side so I am open to anything that is not going to cost me 6 months of gear farming.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

xyigx posted:

Is there a relatively low gear requirement darkside team that requires no zetas? I am really only looking to clear the darkside hard nodes so its not for arena or anything like that. Haven't really put much into dark side so I am open to anything that is not going to cost me 6 months of gear farming.

EP and imps + boba fett, borrow darth vader

Shampy
Apr 27, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Hey guys, I want to join a goon guild. I'm level 81 with 12 7* (droid teams, jawa team + poggle, boba, ackbar)

Hopefully I don't cast to the ALT guild, I play pretty often so no worries about guild contributions. (Does that matter to most guilds? The one I'm in now bitches at people all the for not reaching goals.

267-181-822

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Shampy posted:

Hey guys, I want to join a goon guild. I'm level 81 with 12 7* (droid teams, jawa team + poggle, boba, ackbar)

Hopefully I don't cast to the ALT guild, I play pretty often so no worries about guild contributions. (Does that matter to most guilds? The one I'm in now bitches at people all the for not reaching goals.

267-181-822

I think we all care a lot more about whether or not you produce energy as opposed to whether or not you do guild challenges. More daily energy = more raids = more guild coins. Guild challenges just make for more guild coins.

Something Maulful is full right now, I think there might be space in QGJ

Shampy
Apr 27, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Ya, that's what I meant. That's fine.

How do I get in touch with the other guild? Tried joining the discord chat in the OP and it didnt work out for me.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

Chilichimp posted:

EP and imps + boba fett, borrow darth vader

Thats not to bad I have boba/ep/rg all at gear 9. my next highest imp is tfp and magma, at 8 and 7 the rest are not geared or leveled really so if there is a better choice than magma I can replace him pretty easy. I probably should replace RG but other than shore(not unlocked) I am not sure who to use.

Edit oh yeah if I want to drop a second Zeta on my R1 team suggestions between Cassian/K2S0/Jyn(stun impunity)? Or just save it?

xyigx fucked around with this message at 08:18 on May 31, 2017

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

xyigx posted:

Thats not to bad I have boba/ep/rg all at gear 9. my next highest imp is tfp and magma, at 8 and 7 the rest are not geared or leveled really so if there is a better choice than magma I can replace him pretty easy. I probably should replace RG but other than shore(not unlocked) I am not sure who to use.

Edit oh yeah if I want to drop a second Zeta on my R1 team suggestions between Cassian/K2S0/Jyn(stun impunity)? Or just save it?

Tarkin owns now. Get him up and drop the Magma.

Alternatively, you could run old daka with them for heal/rez to help 3* missions.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Shampy posted:

Ya, that's what I meant. That's fine.

How do I get in touch with the other guild? Tried joining the discord chat in the OP and it didnt work out for me.

Try this

https://discord.gg/3ujtqfZ

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Shampy posted:

267-181-822

QGJ just filled up last night but you are first on the waiting list. I'll check to see if they have any idlers getting close to the 7 day limit

Shampy
Apr 27, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

fishtobaskets posted:

QGJ just filled up last night but you are first on the waiting list. I'll check to see if they have any idlers getting close to the 7 day limit

Thanks man, let me know!

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
How full is the newest alt / waiting guild? Would it be worth putting into the op? Is it fairly active?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Inimicul posted:

How full is the newest alt / waiting guild? Would it be worth putting into the op? Is it fairly active?

It's empty, no one really joined it.

At this point it's probably better to recommend people join a public guild with active players.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

Chilichimp posted:

It's empty, no one really joined it.

At this point it's probably better to recommend people join a public guild with active players.

That's been my experience so far in the guild. Everyone in it is friendly and helpful, but there just aren't enough people to get anything, even the basic tickets i'd normally get from a public guild and just doing daily stuff.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

fishtobaskets posted:

We should pin this or something:

How come I only manage to check the thread on days when people are just trying to restructure guilds and never the days when super useful stuff like this goes up? :/

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE
I was using EP (L), Vader, Kylo, TFP and Shore in arena but for shits the other day I swapped out Shore and TFP for Wiggs to deal with a Nihilus-lead Dooku and permanently jumped 100 into the 200s, lol

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

I pulled Lobot from a free card. What is a dumb gimmick team to use him in for an early GW node? I have a lot of gimmicky characters unlocked thanks to cards and free giveaways at this point and usually don't burn them early enough and they aren't very helpful by the time node 9 rolls around...

tadashi fucked around with this message at 22:01 on May 31, 2017

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

tadashi posted:

I pulled Lobot from a free card. What is a dumb gimmick team to use him in for an early GW node? I have a lot of gimmicky characters unlocked thanks to cards and free giveaways at this point and usually don't burn them early enough and they aren't very helpful by the time node 9 rolls around...

There are 3 characters that specialize in being leaders for droid teams (HK-47, Poggle, Lobot). Lobot is by far the worst.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
Lobot was my first chromium pack grab. Couldn't use him once he's so bad. Only good for cleansing challenges if you have nothing else.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
From a while back

Davethulhu posted:

There are maybe 2 or 3 heroes worse than ugnaught.

Lobot is one of these characters

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
De Soto still active?

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012
So yeah R1 zeta's answer Zeta Jyn (both if you feel like it. Cassian and K2 zetas are rear end and not worth it.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
There's a credit heist today. If you can't see it, restart your game

Cidrick
Jun 10, 2001

Praise the siamese

Malgrin posted:

I have had to do this for the last 4 credit heists at least.

Thing I learned: if you get a notification that scoundrel packs are available in the shop, and there's no event, restart your client. It'll either be a credit heist or training droids.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

Got 5 mil today, which is better than the 3 I got last week. Of course​, I only got one zeta, because you can't have it all~

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

I can only ever get 2.5 million, but I assume that's because I only have Boba standing by the end. My scoundrels, in general, suck, but I have 4 meat shields and a kick rear end Boba that, if I play write and don't get stun locked, can take out the last 2 waves all by himself.

I should really build up STH (7 stars, but not very well geared and only level 70) and actually get Lando sometime. I just don't want to stop farming other poo poo when Boba can win it for me.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Malgrin posted:

Cidrick posted:

I have had to do this for the last 4 credit heists at least.

Thing I learned: if you get a notification that scoundrel packs are available in the shop, and there's no event, restart your client. It'll either be a credit heist or training droids.

I'm 99% certain I missed a credit heist entirely a few weeks ago due to this.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

thrawn527 posted:

I can only ever get 2.5 million, but I assume that's because I only have Boba standing by the end. My scoundrels, in general, suck, but I have 4 meat shields and a kick rear end Boba that, if I play write and don't get stun locked, can take out the last 2 waves all by himself.

I should really build up STH (7 stars, but not very well geared and only level 70) and actually get Lando sometime. I just don't want to stop farming other poo poo when Boba can win it for me.

Stars have nothing to do with your credit heist rewards. If you can clear the max tier, you have the same Chance of rewards with only boba standing as you do with a full squad at full hp.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

CaptainPsyko posted:

Stars have nothing to do with your credit heist rewards. If you can clear the max tier, you have the same Chance of rewards with only boba standing as you do with a full squad at full hp.

Huh, strange. I've only been able to clear the max tier for the past, say, 2 or 3 credit heists, but I've gotten 2.5 mil literally every time, for both runs, so I just assumed. I guess my luck just sucks.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

thrawn527 posted:

Huh, strange. I've only been able to clear the max tier for the past, say, 2 or 3 credit heists, but I've gotten 2.5 mil literally every time, for both runs, so I just assumed. I guess my luck just sucks.

2.5m is by far the most common reward. I don't remember the last time I got something other than that.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

thrawn527 posted:

It's 5million because you can do it twice. 2.5 + 2.5

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Burning_Monk posted:

It's 5million because you can do it twice. 2.5 + 2.5

Ohhhhh. My mistake. I'll back away slowly now.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

You can get 5 mil but yeah I meant I got 2.5 twice, which is better than the 1.5*2 I got last week. I was coming off a 10 mil week so I was bound to stop hitting it big

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Amounts you can get are

1.5 (critical fail) maybe ~10%?

2.5 (normal hit) maybe ~85%?

5 (critical hit) maybe ~5%?

10 (Brutal hit) < 1%?

Can be run twice, most days you'll get 5m total.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Chilichimp posted:

Amounts you can get are

1.5 (critical fail) maybe ~10%?

2.5 (normal hit) maybe ~85%?

5 (critical hit) maybe ~5%?

10 (Brutal hit) < 1%?

Can be run twice, most days you'll get 5m total.

you can get 7.5 in one run too..also somewhere in the <1% range

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
I've gotten 10 mil a grand total of once; most commonly 2.5 but occasionally 5

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Shame you can only get Ashoka (Fulcrum) up to 3 stars today. Like, cool, I've got her, but until they open ways to get more shards she's basically useless.

I know it's common, I was just spoiled by the R2 event recently. Hopefully shards for her start coming up in the fleet store or something like that soon.

Her character design is awesome, though.