Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Marchegiana posted:

Oh. My. God. You guys, I'm at very very high risk of being a foster failure (again) with this litter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifuOmr0PKA8

you folks are just makin all kinds of cuteness happen :kimchi:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marchegiana
Jan 31, 2006

. . . Bitch.
Their mom is Michelle, naturally. :kimchi:

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Master of stealth this one.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
We're live in the kitten room!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-21n011VaU

Chili fucked around with this message at 20:42 on May 24, 2017

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

those are some very sleepy kittens. I'm guessing I missed a lot of zooming around and general kitten hijinks:3:

Serella
Apr 24, 2008

Is that what you're posting?

This thread sure is full of fuckin cats. Let's fix that with some fosternoodles:

I've had Eris and Juno since December, and I think they're actually going home with someone this weekend! :toot: I'll miss them, but it'll be nice for them to be in a forever home, and the woman who is interested in them is not only a former ferret owner, but meets all my snobby standards to boot. I prob won't get any new fosters for a few weeks since I just had surgery, but when I do I could use help renaming because people sure give ferrets some dumbass names and I basically always change them.

Anyway, if people are interested in more catsnake pics, I can share. Also, if anyone has good tips and info to share on boosting awareness, I could use the advice. Our rescue has been declining for some time now, so me and a few others are trying to kick it up into the modern era and get people interested.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
fosternoodles are cool please share

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Serella posted:

This thread sure is full of fuckin cats. Let's fix that with some fosternoodles:

I've had Eris and Juno since December, and I think they're actually going home with someone this weekend! :toot: I'll miss them, but it'll be nice for them to be in a forever home, and the woman who is interested in them is not only a former ferret owner, but meets all my snobby standards to boot. I prob won't get any new fosters for a few weeks since I just had surgery, but when I do I could use help renaming because people sure give ferrets some dumbass names and I basically always change them.

Anyway, if people are interested in more catsnake pics, I can share. Also, if anyone has good tips and info to share on boosting awareness, I could use the advice. Our rescue has been declining for some time now, so me and a few others are trying to kick it up into the modern era and get people interested.
I thought you were just complaining about too many cats and hten you go and post MORE cat-derivative species?

(very interested)

Serella
Apr 24, 2008

Ferrets are total treatsluts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8c98LDSiSGA

Lov 2 dig 4 treats

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opfmBK3_VE0

Also v sneaky

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSzcXv5LtT8

Thank you for looking at my limousine hamsters. :angel: :stoat:

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

Serella posted:

I prob won't get any new fosters for a few weeks since I just had surgery, but when I do I could use help renaming because people sure give ferrets some dumbass names and I basically always change them.

Slidewhistle :colbert:

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Crossposting from the Cat FAQ Megathread:

CommissarMega posted:

So two weeks ago some gallowsbait arsebiscuit chucked a box of kittens* into a drain near where I live (thankfully the drain was dry) and I've been taking care of them for the past while. Thing is, I'm not sure of what I've been doing, and I really need some help:

1: I've been feeding the kittens around 4-5 ml of milk every 3 hours/whenever they wake up from a nap. Is this too much/little?

2: Maybe connected to the above, the kittens seem to have a very strong suckling instinct. I suspect this is because they're very young; I estimate ~3 to 4 weeks old as of the coming Saturday as one of the only opened their eyes last week. Thing is, for one kitten in particular (not the aforementioned one), the instinct is very strong- it definitely puts me in mind of an addict jonesing for their fix. Just yesterday I had to give him a massive good wash because he tried to suckle on his sibling's butt with messy effect :gonk: Any help with regards to this? I don't have access to stuff like Catsifier or the like, sadly.

3: Are there any more developmental milestones I should be looking for?

*literally, as far as I could tell- the box was on its side and the kittens were strewn about :smithicide:

I'll try to have pics soon.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Serella posted:

Ferrets are total treatsluts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8c98LDSiSGA

Lov 2 dig 4 treats

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opfmBK3_VE0

Also v sneaky

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSzcXv5LtT8

Thank you for looking at my limousine hamsters. :angel: :stoat:

Is the one lacking hair and skinny a baby?

Canadian Bakin
Nov 6, 2011

Retaliate first.

CommissarMega posted:

Kittens aren't the smartest with the suckling instinct.

So, I'm not a foster but I follow Rosie the cat on Facebook and Instagram and her people are fostering some kittens right now. They mentioned suckling being an issue and someone passed along a tip to make little vests from old socks for the kittens so they can't get at inappropriate bits. Might work for you?

Also, much thanks to all the foster parents in the thread. It's because of people like you that my husband and I were able to adopt our furballs, so keep up the good work!

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

CommissarMega posted:

I'll try to have pics soon.

Commissar

First of you are rad good and cool.

1:Feed those little guys till they pop, they have growing to do. ( the OP of this thread has tons of good advice and a good mix for fat and happy meowdogs)

2: as far as suckling never had a whole bouncy box of kittens, just the ones and twos. and just kept em busy with the corner of a dishcloth soaked in KMR

3: main developmental milestones is weight at first, keep an eye on it, its should be steadily going up.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

sneakyfrog posted:

Commissar

First of you are rad good and cool.

1:Feed those little guys till they pop, they have growing to do. ( the OP of this thread has tons of good advice and a good mix for fat and happy meowdogs)

2: as far as suckling never had a whole bouncy box of kittens, just the ones and twos. and just kept em busy with the corner of a dishcloth soaked in KMR

3: main developmental milestones is weight at first, keep an eye on it, its should be steadily going up.

^^^ Yup.

Also: live in the kitteh room again! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAt2Qki2jFQ

DONKEY SALAMI
Jun 28, 2008

donkey? donkey?

going to be a long day. thanks for the kitten cam!

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Be the boss I know you are, Mako!

edit: swing and a miss

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

GOD I WANT TO ADOPT THOSE SIAMESE BABIES IMMEDIATELY.

Did you get a new webcam, Chili? The streaming setup is looking really nice!

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Secure. Contain. Protect.
Fallen Rib
Some awfully cute babies in this thread, I'll tell you what.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

my cat is norris posted:

GOD I WANT TO ADOPT THOSE SIAMESE BABIES IMMEDIATELY.

Did you get a new webcam, Chili? The streaming setup is looking really nice!

Haha, no. I used my new cellphone. It was much easier and I didn't need to bother you for 3 hours. Now that you have no obligations to help with my webcam situation, you should probably go back to thunderdome.

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Festival with your real* little sister!
Guppy is precious and I wanna cuddle him. :kimchi:

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
Tube Kitties!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UyFvB9TsUb8

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Chili posted:

Haha, no. I used my new cellphone. It was much easier and I didn't need to bother you for 3 hours. Now that you have no obligations to help with my webcam situation, you should probably go back to thunderdome.

Like that's what's kept me away!! The Thunderdome is a scary place!

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug

my cat is norris posted:

Like that's what's kept me away!! The Thunderdome is a scary place!

It's a magical place. :allears:

Peep this handsome lad from the vet where I take my two rescues. He's a rescue too!

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

please foster fail all these cattes

Marchegiana
Jan 31, 2006

. . . Bitch.
Got another video for you- things haven't been very exciting, as you'll understand when you see the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4W6tIzcTCE

I'm thinking the sleepiness is because Malia and LaVaughn are still pretty snotty from whatever URI they had, while Sasha seems to be mostly over it. The Siamese do actually get up and play, just in very short bursts unlike the hours-long crazyfest that is Sasha. I've started giving them some lysine supplements so hopefully they can shake it off faster.

In unrelated news, my mom found out that I'm fostering Siamese and called me about it last night. They'd already planned on coming to visit in about a month, and she asked me if I will still have the kittens then (highly likely). Knowing my mom she'll probably adopt one or both of the Siamese, which will take the pressure off me so I won't have to foster fail again. My mom's cat Boris just passed away from kidney failure about a month ago so I know she's got a cat-sized hole that needs filling in her home.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

hiddenriverninja posted:

please foster fail all these cattes

If only. Giving em back is important!

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Those fishy kitties are great :3:

and the sleepy kitties as well

and also the long ones

Marchegiana
Jan 31, 2006

. . . Bitch.
Found out that Malia likes the tablet
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYzQC96bgTc

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer
Reading the last 108 posts in this thread is dangerous. Lethal kitten levels :kimchi:

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
We're Live!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukx3Sd_cikQ

Chili fucked around with this message at 23:14 on May 30, 2017

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

This video is unavailable!

Serella
Apr 24, 2008

Radio! posted:

Slidewhistle :colbert:

You always say this! When I get another long, skinny one I'll try to remember it, haha.

Alteisen posted:

Is the one lacking hair and skinny a baby?

Nah, she's actually a bit of an oldie, but the fur loss is because she has adrenal cancer. Most ferrets get it at some point -- it's strongly linked to neutering, especially at a young age like pet store ferrets are -- and fur loss is one of the symptoms. It's not typically a very bad disease for most of them and treatment consists of a hormonal implant that gets replaced once a year. When we took Juno in, she was about that bald already because she had never been treated. We were hopeful that with treatment she would regrow at least some fur, but alas. Still, the adopter didn't mind and liked her a lot anyway!

So that's my first pair of fosters adopted. :toot:

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

my cat is norris posted:

This video is unavailable!

I accidentally cancelled the upload :/

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

By accident you mean "kitten on the keyboard"

:haw:

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.
Had another cuddling session yesterday! I swear, if I were allowed more cats...

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I wanna adopt Batman like RIGHT NOW.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Batman is a stately cat. Felicia (I think it was her) has a nice-looking afghan.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Tiny baby Eve is doing me in. What a delicate little kitty!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.

business hammocks posted:

Batman is a stately cat. Felicia (I think it was her) has a nice-looking afghan.

Batman is majestic but he strikes me as more of a Dracula or something, he looks very much like a vampire cat in person. Whoever takes him home is condemned to a life of brushies though.

Antivehicular posted:

Tiny baby Eve is doing me in. What a delicate little kitty!

Eve was lovely, she did the thing my cats do with stealing a hand to use as a pillow, and she's so small. Sesamie really won me over personally-- the sneezy kitty room once again proved to be the most affectionate, wonderful cats in the world.