Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TremorX
Jan 19, 2001

All Hail Big Hairy Mike

It’s time to stop showing sympathy for Christianity and start calling it out for the atrocities it has committed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

TremorX posted:

It’s time to stop showing sympathy for Christianity and start calling it out for the atrocities it has committed.

You bastard

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

Sloober posted:

Holy.moly that site is atrocious. Conspiracy theory right wing fear mongering. Its from some lady named pamela geller and she listas a fuckton of group of old ladies award like a mom photographer gets.

:laffo: quotables section

Well, they did inspire Anders Brevik.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/dandrezner/status/869756607651090432

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

TremorX posted:

Her smile is completely rehearsed and not the least bit convincing.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

TremorX posted:

https://twitter.com/IvankaTrumpHQ/status/868934910161043457

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

The guy who wrote a book about how we could have totally won Vietnam turns out to be a total poo poo.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

In other words, "life is a zero-sum game and we need to exploit the poo poo out of it."

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

Warrior Monk

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Sloober posted:

Holy.moly that site is atrocious. Conspiracy theory right wing fear mongering. Its from some lady named pamela geller and she listas a fuckton of group of old ladies award like a mom photographer gets.

Pamela Gellar's been beating the anti-muslim horse for decades.

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

There Bias Two posted:

Her smile is completely rehearsed and not the least bit convincing.

That's because that dog is garbage. That's the most second-rate overbred dog I've ever seen. Its name should be Sepsis.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Mister Adequate posted:

Yeah but LBJ had a big ol' swinging dick to slap down on the table.

Trump being a pathetic excuse for a human being doesn't change that both have the same goddamn alpha male id.

TildeATH posted:

You have no idea who LBJ was if you think he was the Trump of the 50s-60s.

LBJ wouldn't have been compromised by Russians. LBJ would have eaten Kislyak, or hosed him, or hosed him and eaten him or eaten him while loving him.

Just because the man talked about his bunghole and bragged about having senators' peckers in his pocket and stole elections and said all sorts of heinous poo poo and looked like a warmed over turd doesn't bring him down to the level of a bumbling idiot stooge who fumbled his way into being a brand.

LBJ stuffed ballot boxes unashamedly. He whipped out his dick and yelled at journalists who questioned him on Vietnam. He chased women without caring they were married and made other heads of state watch him on the toilet. He would not have been dumb enough to get in bed with the loving Russians, but if he had a way to cheat shamelessly to steal the election, he would. If he was pissed off at Italy, he'd give them the finger on camera and not give a poo poo.

Trump is absolutely LBJ if LBJ were completely loving brainless and a modern Republican. Id doesn't affect either of those things.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

TildeATH posted:

That's because that dog is garbage. That's the most second-rate overbred dog I've ever seen. Its name should be Sepsis.
Are you trying to imitate those two horrible pet island posters who insisted all non-purebred animals should be euthanized

Doing a good impression if so

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

Fulchrum posted:

Trump being a pathetic excuse for a human being doesn't change that both have the same goddamn alpha male id.

LBJ stuffed ballot boxes unashamedly. He whipped out his dick and yelled at journalists who questioned him on Vietnam. He chased women without caring they were married and made other heads of state watch him on the toilet. He would not have been dumb enough to get in bed with the loving Russians, but if he had a way to cheat shamelessly to steal the election, he would. If he was pissed off at Italy, he'd give them the finger on camera and not give a poo poo.

Trump is absolutely LBJ if LBJ were completely loving brainless and a modern Republican. Id doesn't affect either of those things.

would you feel comfortable calling Trump "daddy"

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Fulchrum posted:

Can we just agree that LBJ was at least smarter than Trump? Both dickheaded ego monsters for sure, but Trump gives off the impression of someone failing upwards their whole life.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

This seems like a talking point a German in 1939 would say.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
reminder that LBJ would play a prank with his amphibious car, driving down a hill into the lake and telling passengers the brakes had failed

http://www.businessinsider.com/lyndon-johnson-played-terrifying-prank-with-his-amphicar-2014-8

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Ze Pollack posted:

fulchrum is still in the stage of denial where he needs Trump to have been some kind of Business Mastermind for his worldview to continue to function

loving what? Trump is a brainless Russian puppet who rode Putin's hand up his rear end into the white house while the media and leftists happily scarfed down every steaming pile of Russian propaganda and Republican scandal they could get their hands on. When the gently caress did I say otherwise?

Zil posted:

Can we just agree that LBJ was at least smarter than Trump? Both dickheaded ego monsters for sure, but Trump gives off the impression of someone failing upwards their whole life.

What part of "completely loving brainless" is confusing about this?

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I think every time someone calls someone in the Trump admin a sane one reality takes it as a challenge.

TremorX
Jan 19, 2001

All Hail Big Hairy Mike

Pellisworth posted:

reminder that LBJ would play a prank with his amphibious car, driving down a hill into the lake and telling passengers the brakes had failed

http://www.businessinsider.com/lyndon-johnson-played-terrifying-prank-with-his-amphicar-2014-8

OK, cut it out, you're starting to make me like the guy.

Easy Salmon Recipe
Jan 10, 2017

TremorX posted:

OK, cut it out, you're starting to make me like the guy.

In one of his books, James Carville tells an LBJ story about his Senate run. Apparently, he would pull up to a town, deliver his stump speech, then throw his stetson out into the crowd as he drove off to the next town. The guy Carville heard the story from had the job of being drat sure he was the guy to catch that hat so that he could hop in a car, meet up with the rest of the campaign on the road, and give it back to Johnson.

The thing is that Donald thinks that he's an rear end in a top hat, but the kind of rear end in a top hat you have to respect, and kinda like.

LBJ actually was that rear end in a top hat.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Beijing: A labour activist researching working conditions in a Chinese factory that makes shoes for Ivanka Trump's label has been detained by police, according to his wife and a labour advocacy group, while two others have gone missing and are presumed also to have been detained.

The three activists were investigating labour conditions at Huajian shoe factories for China Labour Watch, a New York-based nonprofit organisation that aims to defend workers' rights.

Huajian has previously said it has been making shoes for the US president's daughter for nearly a decade, accounting for one-third of her shoes made in China but only a small proportion of its total output.

But China labour Watch said its investigation in working practices at Huajian factories has apparently been closed down by local police.

The three activists were placed under investigation and told they were not allowed to leave China back in April, said Li Qiang, CLW's founder - something, he said, was relatively common.

But they now all appear to have been detained, he said, something he said was very rare.

"This never happened before in my 17 years' experience, this is the first time," he said. "The only reason we think this case is different is that this is Ivanka Trump's factory."

White House spokeswoman Hope Hicks referred questions to Ivanka Trump's company, which declined to comment.

Huajian did not immediately respond.

Marc Fisher Footwear, which manufactures Ivanka Trump shoes but does not own these facilities, said: "We were unaware of the allegations, this arrest and will look into them immediately."

http://www.theage.com.au/world/activists-investigating-ivanka-trump-brands-in-china-arrested-go-missing-20170531-gwh2je.html

Illuminti
Dec 3, 2005

Praise be to China's Covid-Zero Policy

Fulchrum posted:

"They say everything in life is about sex. I don't think that's true. But [unintellibile]. I think that's true. You have to win at sex. I always win at sex. A lot of things are really about sex. Golf, Steak, Real estate, My daughter, I like those things. It's all about sex. But I can't do politics like I do sex. I mean, I was just overseas, and the leader of Germany, did you know it's a lady? And not a great looking lady like my daughter, a real dog. Definitely couldn't have sex with her."

Genuinely thought I was reading an actual Trump quote until the very last line......still not sure.....

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/869766994899468288

to be deleted soon

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Do either Ivanka or Jared actually have official government positions in the Trump administration?

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

This will be gone in a sec so I'll add the screenshot https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/869766994899468288

ought ten fucked around with this message at 05:11 on May 31, 2017

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug

Zwabu posted:

Do either Ivanka or Jared actually have official government positions in the Trump administration?

yes, they're both Assistants to the President

Easy Salmon Recipe
Jan 10, 2017

Did he finally have a stroke?? :fap:

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Zwabu posted:

Yes, both of them. Jared's a Senior Advisor and Ivanka's an Assistant (those are their actual titles, not just vague descriptions).

TremorX
Jan 19, 2001

All Hail Big Hairy Mike

Please tell me he just had a stroke mid-tweet.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Something to remember is that by now even his supporters mostly think Trump would be better served by getting the gently caress off twitter.

Old bitch will never stop tweeting, though. It's the only place he gets the good feels.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
I like to imagine someone was stopping him and in the struggle he hit send

titanium
Mar 11, 2004

NONE SHALL PASS!

ought ten posted:

This will be gone in a sec so I'll add the screenshot

And this is when he had his phone taken away from him. *efb*

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
#covfefe is trending

what a time to be alive

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

It's late for him, too. Or early. I'm guessing this tweet means Spicey is here to stay, which is nice to think about.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
:orb:

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/869766994899468288

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

I like how the bots also like and fav tweets like this instantly.

Raylen
Aug 1, 2003

You just killed the nice deranged chick from the juice bar that I was gonna score with someday maybe!
Pillbug

How is this not deleted yet? Also lol at all these bots and loyalists actually liking a stupid tweet like this immediately.

e: ^^^ :argh:

TyroneGoldstein
Mar 30, 2005

Sloober posted:

:laffo: quotables section

Ahh Pamela Geller, Nassau County's finest.

She's trash. Ignore her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Didn't his lawyers start begging him not to tweet, too?

• Locked thread