Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010
Accuracy mods on gear (rings, amulet, gloves, helmet) and there are some decent accuracy passives on the tree as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

they pay about as much attention to cultural food as they do to minion skills.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...
Breach and Legacy as core game mechanics.

quote:

We will therefore to add Breach to maps, but not to main levelling content. Breaches will have a 10% chance to occur in maps by default.

We will also add a Sextant mod, available at all tiers, that guarantees at least one Breach will occur.

Breach comes with a number of unique items that fill various roles in builds. We are happy with most of these, though we will be making some adjustments to the Hand of Wisdom and Action, and the Hand of Thought and Motion that leads to it. The added lightning damage of these weapons will no longer be global, and will instead only apply to each specific weapon.

The values of the flat lightning damage will also be increased given their new restriction, to "1-5 lightning damage added to attacks per 10 intelligence with this weapon" on Hand of Thought and Motion, and to "1-10 lightning damage added to attacks per 10 intelligence with this weapon" on Hand of Wisdom and Action.

quote:

While we look forward to using Legacy again at some point in the future, we will not be adding it to the core game at this time.

We feel it provides too much overhead for newer players, and is something we'd like to reserve for special occasions.

Leaguestones will therefore not function in normal leagues and will no longer drop. At the beginning of 3.0.0, Zana will once again provide access to past leagues.

Mince Pieface
Feb 1, 2006

Does this mean everyone will be 1-handing HOWA with a shield now? 2h just gives you the attack speed and %int which is good but maybe not as good as a shield, especially with the es nerfs

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

depends how viable howa is if you can't leech to ES anyways, doesn't work as well with a life build

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS
edit: i can't read good

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

terrified of my bathroom posted:

HOWA is also liable to get a nerf

That's literally what we were talking about, the changes were in the article (and quoted in the post above)

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

Mr. Despair posted:

That's literally what we were talking about, the changes were in the article (and quoted in the post above)

yeah, i didn't notice that line until i started reading the actual forum post

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

It's actually not as bad as I thought, since I totally expected them to just make it local and not change it at all otherwise.

That said, no instant leech = build is dead regardless.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Im trying to get my atlas up and running for shaped strand shenanigans, and im suffering from a lack of map drops, and I would like to know if its something I have done wrong or what.

Currently, I have run all the standard tier 9 maps, but not all the uniques. The only t10 that I have completed is shaped mesa, and the only t11 is shaped strand and the only t12 is estuary, which I think I should go and uncomplete.

Am I missing something? Do I need to go all in and start using sextants, which also arent dropping for me. Should I use chaos on the shaped maps to roll good mods? I have been trying to aim for at least 60% quantity and 30% rarity, but I dont want to blow all my chaos on crafting perfect maps. There arent a huge amount of mods I cant run, with ele reflect being the dodgiest. Its possible, but slow and annoying.

NPR Journalizard fucked around with this message at 04:48 on May 31, 2017

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Are you SSF? If not just trade for maps you need.

Along those lines, buy the cheap unique maps to fill out more bonus objectives and do as many T13+ maps as you can.

Also I don't think it's worth it to try to reroll strands unless you get mods you can't run.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

dyzzy posted:

Are you SSF? If not just trade for maps you need.

Along those lines, buy the cheap unique maps to fill out more bonus objectives and do as many T13+ maps as you can.

Also I don't think it's worth it to try to reroll strands unless you get mods you can't run.

Yeah, I have been, but I wanted to get to a point where I can sustain myself. Shaped strands are expensive, and sometimes trading sucks and you dont get any replies. Have done all the cheap uniques, but will start to work on t13+

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

NPR Journalizard posted:

Im trying to get my atlas up and running for shaped strand shenanigans, and im suffering from a lack of map drops, and I would like to know if its something I have done wrong or what.

Currently, I have run all the standard tier 9 maps, but not all the uniques. The only t10 that I have completed is shaped mesa, and the only t11 is shaped strand and the only t12 is estuary, which I think I should go and uncomplete.

Am I missing something? Do I need to go all in and start using sextants, which also arent dropping for me. Should I use chaos on the shaped maps to roll good mods? I have been trying to aim for at least 60% quantity and 30% rarity, but I dont want to blow all my chaos on crafting perfect maps. There arent a huge amount of mods I cant run, with ele reflect being the dodgiest. Its possible, but slow and annoying.

you are missing all t14+ maps, dont use chaos this league to roll mods, just use the added monster stones (nemesis and bloodlines)

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
What's a good short video to show people that might be interested in the game.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

What's a good short video to show people that might be interested in the game.

I can't find it right now but at some point GGG were doing a pr blast about upcoming content and there was a video with chris on some mainstream gaming news site where he showed off the core features. I thought it was good because it was clearly aimed at normies. Maybe someone can find that.

I think this guy has pretty good guides but its more of a time investment to watch the whole series: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEZtq6FSebE

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.
The X-Box announce video is exactly that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7GGf4-1O-E

Acht
Aug 13, 2012

WORLD'S BEST
E-DAD
Been away for a week and now I'm somewhat "out" of the game until the new expansion it seems.
Should I spend all my currency to just grab reliq keys, with the changes that were announced? (LHC)

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I know this is utterly irrelevant for the endgame but I was leveling a shield-wearing duelist tank for the first time and I ended up dropping an Immortal Flesh which I didn't even know about until then.
I alt-tabbed to type this while Cruel Daresso killed himself from reflect damage incapable of making my health bar move even while I sit on the flying blades. A++ would level with Immortal Flesh again.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Awwwwwwww poo poo y'all, races are coming back and you can get beta keys (but most likely some random MTX) from them.

whypick1 fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Jun 1, 2017

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Acht posted:

Been away for a week and now I'm somewhat "out" of the game until the new expansion it seems.
Should I spend all my currency to just grab reliq keys, with the changes that were announced? (LHC)

now, with the races announced, yeah

LHC gonna be a desert until 3.0

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

Elentor posted:

I know this is utterly irrelevant for the endgame but I was leveling a shield-wearing duelist tank for the first time and I ended up dropping an Immortal Flesh which I didn't even know about until then.
I alt-tabbed to type this while Cruel Daresso killed himself from reflect damage incapable of making my health bar move even while I sit on the flying blades. A++ would level with Immortal Flesh again.

Immortal flesh is super good for lab, as traps deal %damage, which if you're underlevelled, you can regen straight through trap damage

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Phobophilia posted:

Immortal flesh is super good for lab, as traps deal %damage, which if you're underlevelled, you can regen straight through trap damage

Also just killed Merc Izaro on 60 with Cleave and ~3200 HP first try. Fight took ages and had dozens of skeleton tossing stuff at me but I was never at risk at any moment. I usually have to overlevel him not to die horribly.

I didn't know traps did % damage. Do they deal the same % at all difficulties?

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
Was having a pretty hard slog levelling up to do maps, until I finally hit the level to put on the Bringer of Rain, at which point everything dies instantly, explodes, then the explosions kill everything else.

This is nuts.

zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

Did somebody call about a Ravager problem?

whypick1 posted:

Awwwwwwww poo poo y'all, races are coming back and you can get beta keys (but most likely some random MTX) from them.

Headhunter and Monstrous Treasure races? Sweeeeeeet

Highblood
May 20, 2012

Let's talk about tactics.
I really suck at going fast but goddamn I gotta learn and this might be a good way to go about it

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

Elentor posted:

Also just killed Merc Izaro on 60 with Cleave and ~3200 HP first try. Fight took ages and had dozens of skeleton tossing stuff at me but I was never at risk at any moment. I usually have to overlevel him not to die horribly.

I didn't know traps did % damage. Do they deal the same % at all difficulties?

I believe so.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
I may try out this 'racing' thing that everyone is so keen on. Hope I dont get a beta key, I am not really interested in playing the beta.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

funmanguy posted:

I may try out this 'racing' thing that everyone is so keen on. Hope I dont get a beta key, I am not really interested in playing the beta.

Same, on both counts. I'd take a shiny microtransaction though. :v:

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

racing is lots of fun and a good way to learn how to get through the normal game efficiently at the same time!

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

I really wasn't a huge fan of normal races but Descent is fun as hell

YoungSexualNorton
Aug 8, 2004
These are good for the children's brains.
When the labyrinth was in development I was hoping it was going to be like descent. That mode has a ton of potential. It could easily be spun off into its own game.

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
Yeah Descent/Descent Champions are really fun.

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.
If I go blood magic with ngamahu life cyclone raider, what should my 4-links be? I'm thinking:

1. CWDT - IC - Inc Dur - Vaal Cyclone
2. CWDT - Ball Lightning - CoH - Flammability
3. Ancestral Warchief - Faster Attacks - Leap Slam - Fortify ? Does AW+Fort buff the totem or yourself?

Jinnigan fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Jun 2, 2017

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
First race is Headhunter, they really know how to :getin:

And since I'm unemployed I can play a whole bunch of these, aww yes!

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...
Coming next week: New Microtransaction System.

quote:

In the new Microtransaction System, we've completely done away with the old Microtransaction Stash and have replaced with a new one that lets you sort and manage your microtransactions in a much cleaner way. The microtransactions are equipped to their own slots so that you can swap your items around at will without having to reclaim/reapply microtransactions constantly. You can also equip microtransactions from other characters with a click. There's no way to misplace microtransactions any more. Check out the video below for a demo of the system!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqbJgXr_wFg

Also stash tab sale, and Atlas of Worlds supporter packs end next week.

New Microtransaction system is pretty much what I was hoping for. Looks solid.

DemonMage fucked around with this message at 05:37 on Jun 2, 2017

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

The only thing I'd add to that is an "Equip All" button for the theme categories. Other than that, basically everything I could've asked for.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
This is exactly what I always wanted from the MTX system, and will make playing dressup more fun. Racing especially will benefit from this.

nearly killed em!
Aug 5, 2011

can we instead talk about the alternate character portraits? because i want a duelist portrait as sexy as the art on the passive tree.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Also it seems hideout decorations are now global across leagues and they want to make a save/load template for them, which will make my lazy rear end more likely to actually decorate things

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Now if they could just do the same for stash tab configurations...

• Locked thread