Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mister Bup
Dec 26, 2015

Wren610 posted:

Another fun thing to do as The Chad is to hide an escape item when you find it and wait till the vehicle needs just that part to escape then show up with it all heroic.

#chadlyfe

I don't say I've got anything until it's all we need to escape. If they know I have the gas they might expect me to put it on the four-seater when the boat's closer and already has the prop. Plus they're a guaranteed ticket out. Had a game where AJ and Vanessa were at the boat, AJ gassing while Vanessa looked for the prop. I slipped into the house ahead of her and grabbed it, then ran out and gave it to AJ. As Vanessa gets back I'm already starting the boat. Vanessa swings the bat at me as I take off. Sorry, I don't ride with the help.

When I'm not memeing I play Chad as a guerrilla Vanessa, getting Jason's attention with my girlish screams and then running cabin to cabin, keeping him occupied as long as I can before I hit the next one. Same as Vanessa but instead of running forever I grind it out, making him break down each cabin just to chase me to the next one. Chad with hypochondriac. Saying Chad things over the mic to get him mad so he tunnels me.

If I'm alone it really depends on if he's using shift-grab and how lucky he gets with it. If he doesn't or can't shift-grab, or if I've got an Adam, Buggzy, or Chad 2 with me, I can do it basically as long as there's cabins within sprinting distance. I'm anticipating as people get better at the game balance will swing in favor of counselors, only really mitigated by how broken combat is.

Definitely a party game for playing with cool people. Speaking of which, hit me up if there's any SA private servers going. I play a pretty mean Jason without trapping objectives or shift-grabbing. #ChadLyfe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Adam really shines when your team is filled with chads and AJs since none of them are doing anything but taking up Jason's time. This leaves you to repair poo poo or take care of business like setting up trap lines to rack up some defense points.

Snatch Duster fucked around with this message at 08:07 on May 31, 2017

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Explain this game's animations/ragdolls.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Also, beating up Chars is in character for Adam. So if you see a Chad hiding stuff it is ok to knock him a few times with a wrench or pipe.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

A pure joy and delight to see bodies magically jump around in ways that Jason never intended.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Looks like you died hth

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
i for one welcome havoc physics on ragdolls back into vogue

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I dont like being tossed through an open window and dying, it looks so dumb, if its broken sure.

Mister Bup
Dec 26, 2015
Best environmental kills are birdbath and water spigot. Narrow tree is pretty good too just for how ANGERY the counselor looks as you do it.

Unbalanced
Sep 29, 2005
Twice now I've gotten the action prompt bug when I went to hide in that small cabin on stilts across from the main cabin in Packanack. Not sure if it's just my game but maybe be careful about not barricading the doors there.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Mister Bup posted:

Best environmental kills are birdbath and water spigot. Narrow tree is pretty good too just for how ANGERY the counselor looks as you do it.

look @ this cat who has never swirlied a nerd

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
AJ, and Vanessa at the boat. Filling up. "Who has a propeller?"

I, Chad, maybe 30 feet away crouchwalking, have the prop in hand. "It's in the house farthest northwest."

AJ and Vanessa split for the house. I fumble once with the prop when they're gone. Start the boat.

Chad out, bitches.

gileadexile
Jul 20, 2012

Sign me up for the PS4 crew, gonna pick this up Thursday or Friday when I get off of work.

PSN is Gileadexile

Olesh
Aug 4, 2008

Why did the circus close?

A long, chilling list of animal rights violations.

Grey Fox posted:

confirming on PC this has been an international wonderland

There's a lot of russian players because apparently during pre-orders they hosed up the pricing and the game was dirt cheap in the russia

Wren610
Oct 25, 2010

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

AJ, and Vanessa at the boat. Filling up. "Who has a propeller?"

I, Chad, maybe 30 feet away crouchwalking, have the prop in hand. "It's in the house farthest northwest."

AJ and Vanessa split for the house. I fumble once with the prop when they're gone. Start the boat.

Chad out, bitches.

Ha Ha Oh lord and yes luck totally affects drawers play as A.J then play as Chad its very noticeable.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

juggalo baby coffin posted:

the jasons are misnumbered. Jason 8 on the menus is the jason from final friday, aka friday 13th part 9. Jason 7 in the menus is from jason takes manhattan, aka friday 13th part 8

at first i thought they were just numbering them one back, because the original movie had no jason in. But jason 2 is labelled right.

are they just not numbered based on the movies?

edit: i was totally wrong and misremembered how things were labelled in the game. i'm leaving this post here though as evidence for when i'm determined medically to be an idiot.

Jason was in the original.

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

drat, I have my preferences for counselor-only, but finally came up as Jason and decided to play. Things were going okay until I got downed with the shotgun. Once I got back up, I was completely stuck and couldn't do anything :smith:

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Ha! Playing as Deborah I'm peeping on Jason from the bushes as he sets up traps around the boat - he was placing them really, really well and they would have worked had I not seen him. Manage to repair the boat while he's stalking after the rest of the group, and feel quite smug as I jump in and pull away. Stopped briefly to let an AJ sneak on-board...only for Jason to loving launch himself out of the water less than a few feet from safety and drag me down to the depths. Apparently he'd seen me creeping about in the bushes after all and knew exactly what I was up to. :v:

Failin Porte_Potty
Apr 4, 2017

Pounded in the Butt by an Outhouse Pretending to be an Internet Reviewer.
By Chuck Tingle

...! posted:

Jason was in the original.

A Halloween movie without Michael Myers as the killer is like a Friday the 13th movie without Jason as the Killer. And Jason's been the killer since the very beginning!

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
Don't judge, but I was browsing 4chan and came across this great Chad story.

Dude over there was up against a team who called the cops in almost immediately. He finds all 7 players crowded around one of the exits and every one of them is a Chad. The Jason think it'll be easy pickings... Until all the Chad's attack and spend the rest of the match bullying Jason. Knocking him down, stunning him when he gets up.

Just stay down, you poor nerd. :chad:

Lake Jucas
Feb 20, 2011

WHAT OF OUR BARGAIN?
Add me to the PS4 crew. Serfious

quidditch it and quit it
Oct 11, 2012

Add me up to the PS4 crew dudes. Dan de la peche. Playing it most evenings in the U.K. at the minute. And as an added bonus I'm poo poo so there's an easy kill for you.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Ps4 dudes don't forget there is a private community, Goon Campers. I'm checking it for requests daily.

GreatPhoenix
Nov 9, 2004

Woah, you just wrinkled my brain!

Failin Porte_Potty posted:

A Halloween movie without Michael Myers as the killer is like a Friday the 13th movie without Jason as the Killer. And Jason's been the killer since the very beginning!

I can't tell if you're being facetious or not.

Playstation 4
Apr 25, 2014
Unlockable Ben
A surprising number of people never get that joke.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
So, I figured out on reason I love this game so much now - it reminds me of Dungeons and Dragons. :v:

No, seriously. When I play as Jason I'm not looking to outright murder everyone straight away (although if they're particularly lovely in attitude I'll break my own rule and nark them quickly), but I like to toy with and taunt them. Lumber straight forward without running, gently caress up a cabin's exterior and lights even if I can just walk straight through the door and chop someone in half, deliberately go for people who are obviously acting as bait and so on. Just like when I DMed in pen and paper it was less about beating my players and more about entertaining them; I mean yeah, nine times out of ten they are going to be murdered, but I want to do it in a way that's goofy or dumb, not outright competitive.

I'D LIKE TO AXE YOU SOMETHING, as I hack down a door.

NICE NIGHT FOR A STROLL, I'll bellow when sneaking up someone in the woods.

Stupid poo poo like this. So far it's gone down really well, and I play along with other Jasons who pull the same stuff.

Come across a quite a few dickheads (one guy kept calling a thirteen year old human being and retard, even though this teenager was excited as gently caress he was playing a Jason videogame), and I'll back off with the gimmick if it's clear people aren't enjoying it, but there's a weird amount of cross-over between my experience here and in the old DnD groups.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

kid sinister posted:

Interesting. Can you recommend any?

For rebinding a controller? Steam does it innately in Big Picture mode options, or you can use like joy2key

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

game is ultra fun with a full party of people you know especially if you can do private matches and rotate Jason around. I hope they continue to add more maps and poo poo for it. I get why it's not for everyone and I'm sure the Steam reviews are full of poo poo-tier reviews but this embodies the horror movie feel perfectly.

I did however end up losing a perfect match when the last person was hiding in a closet and glitched out, making it impossible for me to open the door to get him. gently caress that. Must be the 2nd time a closet glitch happened.

Longest matches so far were one where I hid in a tent for 7 mins and survived, Jason not knowing where the gently caress I was ( a campground far away from houses) and another match where as Jason it took me forever to find the cabin where someone was in a closet.

gooby pls
May 18, 2012

poptart_fairy posted:

So, I figured out on reason I love this game so much now - it reminds me of Dungeons and Dragons. :v:

This game very much reminds me of some table top games like Last Night on Earth or The Last Friday. When everyone is playing to their character's strengths and working cooperatively this game is just so drat fun and inspired. Hopefully some of the jank gets worked out and more content gets released before it becomes too stale.

5/5 would Chad again.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK

DLC Inc posted:

Longest matches so far were one where I hid in a tent for 7 mins and survived, Jason not knowing where the gently caress I was ( a campground far away from houses) and another match where as Jason it took me forever to find the cabin where someone was in a closet.

I'd ordered some food in and it arrived way earlier than I thought, so I dove into the first tent I saw (as Chad) at the start of the round and ate my grub during the match. Right at the end Jason finds me and pulls me out in my sleeping bag and just as he goes to swing me... <YOU SURVIVED>

That guy must have been FUMING. And if it was any of you, I apologise... But Chad doesn't.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

DLC Inc posted:

game is ultra fun with a full party of people you know especially if you can do private matches and rotate Jason around. I hope they continue to add more maps and poo poo for it. I get why it's not for everyone and I'm sure the Steam reviews are full of poo poo-tier reviews but this embodies the horror movie feel perfectly.

I did however end up losing a perfect match when the last person was hiding in a closet and glitched out, making it impossible for me to open the door to get him. gently caress that. Must be the 2nd time a closet glitch happened.

I've seen the closet glitch three times now, and it's been the same closet each time for me. It's the closet right next to the bathroom door in the living room with a fireplace.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
I finally got to try Jason VIII last night - somehow I like him better than the Savini Jason. He plays similar to Jason VII, but oh my the stalk is fun. I morphed to Blair's Cove to find a Buzzgy and AJ talking strategy as they looked out to the Higgins house. Neither of them saw me as they both made for the water. Buzzgy was drowned very quickly, and suddenly AJ found herself alone and confused on the other side of the river.

She turns around to see me come out of the water like a boss.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!
I like Jason VIII too, but I have trouble breaking windows that open vertically with the axe and machete wielding Jasons. It takes a lot of tries to get the angle right to hit the window. I never feel I can spare the knives to break windows with him either.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

gooby pls posted:

This game very much reminds me of some table top games like Last Night on Earth or The Last Friday. When everyone is playing to their character's strengths and working cooperatively this game is just so drat fun and inspired. Hopefully some of the jank gets worked out and more content gets released before it becomes too stale.

5/5 would Chad again.

Me as Deb and someone else as the chunky nerd broke off from a group of armed jerks, and fled together in the four seater while the rest of them were getting hacked apart.

Nerd supremacy.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
PSA: If you have a high fear, it tanks stamina regen. So keep those flashlights on and aim at a wall or something.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Well, that was weird. Went 7/8 as Jason and was chasing an AJ - she dived into a tent but I wasn't able to get the interact prompt to drag her out and kill her. Showed up on sense and could be heard everything, just not be touched; even the guy playing her was confused.

Weirder still when the timer ran out and he got a "You survived!" message, I still received the trophy for killing everyone and Tommy, along with the bonus experience for doing so. :psyduck:

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

I played for a long time without knowing this, so for anyone else who doesn't: press X to jog. Much faster than walking, a bit slower than sprinting, uses way less stamina.

Shadowlz
Oct 3, 2011

Oh it's gonna happen one way or the other, pal.

Jesus I've played this game so much longer than I normally play games. 41.7 hours past 2 weeks. Would be more but I had to hangout with ~*~MY GIRLFRIEND~*~ all weekend.

I really love the guys that get salty and say I'm a poo poo Jason after I kill 8/8 without trapping the cars or phone. I try to kill every person differently. Like, what the gently caress else can I do chief?

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Shadowlz posted:

Jesus I've played this game so much longer than I normally play games. 41.7 hours past 2 weeks. Would be more but I had to hangout with ~*~MY GIRLFRIEND~*~ all weekend.

I really love the guys that get salty and say I'm a poo poo Jason after I kill 8/8 without trapping the cars or phone. I try to kill every person differently. Like, what the gently caress else can I do chief?

Most people love to suck the fun out of games. If they're not #winning they get salty as gently caress instead of laughing at the cheese 80s horror flick they get to watch for the next 10 minutes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
I had an absolutely disgraceful round as Jason where I only killed 2 people. I was mortified. These fuckers got away in the 4 seater like 5 minutes into the match, then two more got away to the cops in really embarrassing fashion.

The slower Jasons are not easy, it takes skill and finesse to get the job done. You also have to know when to cut bait with a juking counselor that is more trouble than their worth at that moment. And you're way more susceptible to people escaping on foot because if you blow your shift then there's nothing you can do to catch up in time.

I like it, it makes playing Jason actually challenging, but man, when it goes bad you feel like an absolute failure. This was at the very end of the night and I just don't think I was laser focused on murdering those counselors the way a good Jason needs to be.

• Locked thread