Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

Samovar posted:

But Max Von Sydow's character was a good guy...

And Andy Serkis was playing an alien. Add to that the fact that they spent the whole movie trying to find the magical white dude who's gonna solve all their problems for them. But, yeah it hates white men or whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Also gotta love the quotes on "good" and "bad" even though star wars is like the least morally ambiguous universe ever.

Nuclear War
Nov 7, 2012

You're a pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty girl

Rick_Hunter posted:

Afaik he's dropped off the radar here in Spokane. Hopefully he fell off Mt. Spokane and his body is lost in a mudslide somewhere.

Holy poo poo there's more spokane goons. I'm so sorry you have to live here.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Nuclear War posted:

Holy poo poo there's more spokosovo goons. I'm so sorry you have to live here.

Better.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.

grittyreboot posted:

And Andy Serkis was playing an alien. Add to that the fact that they spent the whole movie trying to find the magical white dude who's gonna solve all their problems for them. But, yeah it hates white men or whatever.

The magical white dude was luke skywalker, who appeared at the end of the film.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I like how they use the voice actor/capture actor for an alien to talk about how much Star Wars hates white people. IT'S A loving ALIEN. Going by that logic then Star Wars has always hate white people with the amount of aliens they had in the movies.

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

Volcott posted:

The magical white dude was luke skywalker, who appeared at the end of the film.

I know. My point is the white guy is still the most important character in the narrative, in that all the main characters spend the whole movie trying to find him.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.

grittyreboot posted:

I know. My point is the white guy is still the most important character in the narrative, in that all the main characters spend the whole movie trying to find him.

I completely misread your post. Sorry about that.

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

Brawnfire posted:

The last few months? They realize they've been beating this gamer gate horse for nearly three years now, right?

I'm assuming this is a parody given the "romantic partners" line, but then again there's incels, and they don't seem to have a modicum of shame.

It is 100% plausible to me that this is completely sincere, and that the rejection being referred to is what happens when someone reveals their "interest in gaming" via a ten minute rant about how SJW feminazi libtard cucks are trying to destroying gaming forever.

I mean, it takes a special sort of stupid to think that the part people find objectionable there is the gaming and not the everything else, but, well, I present as evidence everything else ever posted in this thread.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

I.C. posted:

I guess I haven't been keeping up with Chuck Woolery since "Love Connection." In the 80s. Apparently he is like this all the time now. Weird. Also, "Love Connection" is back now with the Bravo guy. I think he's Jewish, too. Wonder how Chuck feels about that.

Man, so many of the game show hosts of my youth turned out to be dumbass right-wing cranks and it's extremely depressing.

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007

Pastry of the Year posted:

Man, so many of the game show hosts of my youth turned out to be dumbass right-wing cranks and it's extremely depressing.

Wanna get more depressed? Look up how many kids' show hosts turned out to be kiddy diddlers.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Foxhound posted:

Wanna get more depressed? Look up how many kids' show hosts turned out to be kiddy diddlers.

Oh, I'm well aware, but that makes a certain sort of horrible sense, since predators like that almost universally contrive ways to be around children in an ingratiating and trustworthy sort of way. But game show hosts? That's a job that seems to me to be one of the closest things to a real-life Santa Claus: you spend time playing games with people who are all extremely and unguardedly enthusiastic about it and you get to give away gifts. I'm just fountain-of-Psyduck baffled at how often that overlaps with the "gently caress you, got mine" philosophy.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

grittyreboot posted:

The previous six movies were about how special and great white boys can be, in an adaptation of a Samurai story which had next to no Japanese people in it. I can't really blame the studio for wanting to balance the scale a bit.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

well why not posted:

The previous six movies were about how special and great white boys can be, in an adaptation of a Samurai story which had next to no Japanese people in it. I can't really blame the studio for wanting to balance the scale a bit.

They still don't have any Japanese people in it though.

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost

Who What Now posted:

They still don't have any Japanese people in it though.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
That was quick (promoted tweet):

https://twitter.com/AurlexTees/status/869872748880773120

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost
the birth, life and death of a meme in less than 8 hours. what a time to be alive

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

It was a stupid meme for easily distracted people

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

pillsburysoldier posted:

It was a stupid meme for easily distracted people

What the gently caress else am I supposed to do at 3AM?

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Volcott posted:

Sleep.

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost

Volcott posted:

some moron's out getting a cofvfefe tattoo right now

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

:stare: Maybe dial back the racism a little there, champ.

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost
calm the farm before you hit the report button - it's a racist character design, I'm mocking George lucas here

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Slugnoid posted:

some moron's out getting a cofvfefe tattoo right now

It's covfefe but your still probably correct

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Did he even do a follow up tweet with the correct spelling and full message? Or just get distracted by the TV and go to bed? It's probably supposed to be "coverage."

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Rumda posted:

It's covfefe but your still probably correct

someone is definitely getting a cofvfefe tattoo

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Henchman of Santa posted:

Did he even do a follow up tweet with the correct spelling and full message? Or just get distracted by the TV and go to bed? It's probably supposed to be "coverage."

Even if it's supposed to be coverage, it's not like he finished his sentence or thought.

He has since removed it and replaced it with:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/869858333477523458
(If it gets removed, it says, "Who can figure out the true meaning of "covfefe" ??? Enjoy!")

Took him until about 6am EST to get around to it, though.

Prism has a new favorite as of 13:52 on May 31, 2017

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Slugnoid posted:

calm the farm before you hit the report button - it's a racist character design, I'm mocking George lucas here

Fair enough, I didn't pick that up from your post and I've been moderating a different site all morning so I jumped to conclusions.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Prism posted:

Even if it's supposed to be coverage, it's not like he finished his sentence or thought.

He has since removed it and replaced it with:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/869858333477523458
(If it gets removed, it says, "Who can figure out the true meaning of "covfefe" ??? Enjoy!")

Took him until about 6am EST to get around to it, though.

I sincerely doubt he personally tweeted this

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

I sincerely doubt he personally tweeted this

Well, okay, he at least had it done.

I'm no good at telling which tweets are his and which are his staff's, but if you told me he did this I'd believe it just because it took so long for him to do. Staffers presumably wouldn't take six or seven hours to get around to fixing his mistakes.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Prism posted:

Well, okay, he at least had it done.

I'm no good at telling which tweets are his and which are his staff's, but if you told me he did this I'd believe it just because it took so long for him to do. Staffers presumably wouldn't take six or seven hours to get around to fixing his mistakes.

Trump would never ever in a million years make a self-deprecating joke

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
https://mobile.twitter.com/B3stinmyworld/status/869640956018122752
Gets even better in the replies
Feminists coming after my punch man movies for babies :qq:

Jables88
Jul 26, 2010
Tortured By Flan

Trump would never ever in a million years make a self-deprecating joke

That was my first thought, it's completely impossible to think of him making any kind of self deprecating joke.

sick of Applebees
Nov 7, 2008

Besesoth posted:

Fair enough, I didn't pick that up from your post and I've been moderating a different site all morning so I jumped to conclusions.

Lol look at this mod of StormFront

Unctuous Cretin
Jun 20, 2007
LUrker

Samovar posted:

But Max Von Sydow's character was a good guy...

Gwendolyn Christie doesn't fit the narrative properly.

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

ToxicFrog posted:

It is 100% plausible to me that this is completely sincere, and that the rejection being referred to is what happens when someone reveals their "interest in gaming" via a ten minute rant about how SJW feminazi libtard cucks are trying to destroying gaming forever.

I mean, it takes a special sort of stupid to think that the part people find objectionable there is the gaming and not the everything else, but, well, I present as evidence everything else ever posted in this thread.

They don't even have to go into full-on rant mode; if the junk I've seen from r/relationships is any indication, a good chunk of gamer guys seem to feel that an ideal partnership is "I play video games literally all the time, she dispenses affection and sex when I feel like it and otherwise is not involved in my life." Which is not most ladies' idea of a great relationship.

But I guess the real problem is girls are all mean.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

"The warmth of life has entered my tomb!"

"Be what I learned to be in the Marine Corps. Be a sociopath."

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

sick of Applebees posted:

Lol look at this mod of StormFront

gently caress, I wish. Being able to ban the whole site for racism, sexism, etc.? :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

I need to stop there's just too loving many of them. I know a lot of good people would get caught up in this but we really need to ban old people & white people from the internet.