Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Lid posted:

Pauline Hanson’s One Nation has resuscitated its threat to refuse to support the Turnbull government’s budget measures unless the ABC’s funding is cut.

Brian Burston, One Nation’s party whip, said it had received “unfair treatment” from the ABC and the party would reject “all bills associated with the budget” unless the broadcaster’s $1bn a year funding was cut by $600m over four years, according to the Australian.

lol

I hope this is called out for what it is, the action of dictators. We don't like what you wrote, so you aren't allowed to write any more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

hooman posted:

I hope this is called out for what it is, the action of dictators. We don't like what you wrote, so you aren't allowed to write any more.

:lol: it will be bloody lefties

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Centrelink, two weeks ago: We fixed that issue, also we noticed you always get paid the same amount, we can set it so that it automatically reports for you.
Me: Oh, okay sure.

Centrelink, today: Your Newstart is cancelled because you didn't report.

Ohhhh my gooooooood :smithicide:

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

kirbysuperstar posted:

Centrelink, two weeks ago: We fixed that issue, also we noticed you always get paid the same amount, we can set it so that it automatically reports for you.
Me: Oh, okay sure.

Centrelink, today: Your Newstart is cancelled because you didn't report.

Ohhhh my gooooooood :smithicide:

First mistake: trusting anything Centrelink ever says.

hyperbowl
Mar 26, 2010
The letters page of the Hearld Sun 10 years ago today:

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

hyperbowl posted:

The letters page of the Hearld Sun 10 years ago today:

https://www.buzzfeed.com/markdistefano/seriously-john-howard-djs-like-a-mad-oval office?utm_term=.si1Wv0dWP#.vtNXKD6XA

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

iajanus posted:

First mistake: trusting anything Centrelink ever says.

I never loving learn.

Maybe if a grudge like giraffe warned me about Centrelink..

kirbysuperstar fucked around with this message at 04:21 on May 31, 2017

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Lid posted:

Pauline Hanson’s One Nation has resuscitated its threat to refuse to support the Turnbull government’s budget measures unless the ABC’s funding is cut.

Brian Burston, One Nation’s party whip, said it had received “unfair treatment” from the ABC and the party would reject “all bills associated with the budget” unless the broadcaster’s $1bn a year funding was cut by $600m over four years, according to the Australian.

lol

They realise this isn't a vote winner in the largely rural areas that think they're onto a winner, right?

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Islamic State has issued a chilling call to its followers to use online classified websites such as Gumtree and eBay to lure unsuspecting people to their deaths.

The latest issue of the extremist group's English language propaganda magazine Rumiyah suggests several ways followers can take as many people as possible hostage and slaughter them.

It suggests posting fake ads for items for sale on Gumtree and eBay to trick people into meeting them at a certain location so they can pay for and collect the items, which IS suggests should be large and/or expensive.

"Online sales by way of buy and sell websites such as Craigslist, Gumtree, eBay, the Loot, and others are an alternative means to luring one's victims," an article titled "Just Terror Tactics" suggests.

"The viewing and collecting of the item should be arranged to be at the location where one seeks to carry out his operation. Upon the target's arrival, one can then proceed to initiate his attack."

Gumtree is urging users of its online classifieds to report anything suspicious.

"The safety of our community is our main priority and we urge anyone who thinks they've come across anything suspicious or concerning to report it to us," a spokesman said in a statement to AAP on Wednesday.

"We encourage all users to visit our Help section for tips on how to have a safe and successful experience and to be vigilant when using any online marketplace."

The article also suggests using online ads for fake jobs or properties for rent as another way to lure people and it details how to subdue and restrain them before killing them.

Australian terrorists including Lindt cafe gunman Man Haron Monis, Victorian police killer Numan Haider and radicalised teen Farhad Khalil Mohammad Jabar, along with a string of others who have committed atrocities in France and Britain and the United States, are all praised in the article for setting "heroic examples".

Supporters of the extremist jihadist group are urged to take as many hostages as possible in busy, enclosed locations such as nightclubs, cinemas and shopping malls, before killing them as quickly as possible rather than holding them for ransom.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

I'm not racist, I'm mates with Bangladesh, the guy who sells me kebabs. No, I don't know his real name.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

I'm not racist, I'm mates with Bangladesh, the guy who sells me kebabs. No, I don't know his real name.

https://twitter.com/hamonryen/status/869762313967943681

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
https://twitter.com/maynereport/status/869017563275042816

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

:suicide:

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

Attempting to claim the title of Australia's Greatest Satirist in a hotly contested field I present the following:

https://twitter.com/NickMcKim/status/869449985464467456

open24hours
Jan 7, 2001

quote:

https://www.theguardian.com/austral...4b0be3ed192148d
Nick Evans of the West Oz asks in the wake of the Comey sacking and allegations of Russian interference in the US and French elections, is there a threat to the Australian elections next year?

Colvin: I think we would be ignorant and naive if we didn’t think that this is a real threat. As I said I’ll be travelling to the US shortly where that is on my agenda to talk to them about. Maybe it’s a question for the next time I come about.

I wonder who the Russians would support?

Frogfingers
Oct 10, 2012

Bogan King posted:

Attempting to claim the title of Australia's Greatest Satirist in a hotly contested field I present the following:

https://twitter.com/NickMcKim/status/869449985464467456

Are people before committee compelled not to respond with "I refuse to dignify that question with an answer" or something of the like, because like a sizeable amount of federal senators are clearly crackpots.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

Frogfingers posted:

Are people before committee compelled not to respond with "I refuse to dignify that question with an answer" or something of the like, because like a sizeable amount of federal senators are clearly crackpots.

That would not appease the nutters in the slightest so even if possible the best strategy would be to avoid doing it anyway.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Sorry I don't spend a lot of time thinking about coocoo bananas crackpot poo poo Madam Senator.

Digiwizzard
Dec 23, 2003

Pork Pro
Mr Speaker are you familiar with the phrase "Jade Helm"??????

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

After significant departmental input and military intelligence reports, this senate select committee can conclude without any further doubt that the owls are not what they seem.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Are you familiar with the phrase "jet fuel can't melt steel beams"?

Madam I am a parliament house cleaner.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://www.facebook.com/commerce/products/1475398852535021/

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

Eddie McGuire did 9/11? It all makes sense now.

-----------------------------------------------

https://twitter.com/TrendsSydney/status/869787199922982916

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
What does the thread think about covfefe?

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Who IS John Galt?

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

What does the thread think about covfefe?

https://twitter.com/AndDube/status/869791891830620160

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.

The new Rumiyah was released like...3 weeks ago. Took them long enough to find something relevant.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

loving hell Mayne you should know better than that.

Then again, ex-Liberal staffer, so maybe not.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

quote:

Slashing ABC funding will not be the most crucial component of ensuring One Nation’s support for the government’s budget, Senator Pauline Hanson confirms.

Senator Hanson explained that, despite the ABC’s bloated budget and regular displays of bias, it would be not be in the nation’s best interests to block government supply in exchange for sweeping cuts to the national broadcaster.

“The people want One Nation to deal with all legislation on is merits, and the government’s budget will be no different,” Senator Hanson said.

However, Senator Hanson explained that if the government wanted to show it was serious about media reform and deficit reduction it would rein in the out-of-control ABC and SBS. Senator Hanson pushed back on allegations that One Nation’s position on ABC cuts was a result of the national broadcaster’s recent attacks on her party.

“People know my party has always been concerned about the ABC’s budget. Senator Burston has been fighting for cuts to the ABC from the moment he raised the issue in his maiden speech.”

Senator Hanson also raised concerns with the budget’s lack of action on the rorting of Medicare, multinational tax evasion, and failure to address shortfalls in the collection of mining royalties.

Backflip faster than Healthy Harold

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Lid posted:

Backflip faster than Healthy Harold

Why is the article using wording like "out-of-control" without attributing it to Hanson in quotations? It reads like that is the journalists opinion.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

Stats show out that poor areas are hit hardest by drug testing drivers. Which is going to get used to prove that poor people use drugs more rather than as evidence that the drug testing of drivers is targeting poor areas and completely ignoring what would get rich areas into the stats.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

JBP posted:

Why is the article using wording like "out-of-control" without attributing it to Hanson in quotations? It reads like that is the journalists opinion.

This is a media release from One Nation

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Lid posted:

This is a media release from One Nation

It's better written than the hun.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Lid posted:

lol

I have a feeling if One Nation doesn't do whatever the government wants they will have an unfortunate accident and not be a party again.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:
Margaret Court is on a roll.

quote:

Far from modifying her denouncement of gay marriage, tennis champion Margaret Court has broadened it, saying that it was causing huge problems in countries where it was legalised, that homosexuality was an ungodly "lust for the flesh" and that LGBT tendencies in young people were "all the devil".

"That's what Hitler did. That's what communism did," Court said, "get in the minds of the children. There's a whole plot in our nation and in the nations of the world to get in the minds of the children."

:yikes:

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I, for one, would be shocked, horrified and aghast if One Nation fell apart again.

Aghast I tell you!

^ I don't like her one bit and she's definitely an unrepentant bigot but at least she's honest about it.

Unlike a lot of the snakes who claim otherwise.

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica

Fanatic posted:

Margaret Court is on a roll.

:yikes:

Yet it's the leftist homo mafia reacting to her that has finally convinced the feckless moderates that maybe we can't have a "polite, reasoned debate" about treating people as equals.

AgentF
May 11, 2009
If you don't want the media to report on how corrupt you are, you should really just stop being corrupt.

Tasmantor
Aug 13, 2007
Horrid abomination

AgentF posted:

If you don't want the media to report on how corrupt you are, you should really just stop being corrupt.

Never been tried, ........ *Nods and furrows brow* might work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Box of Bunnies posted:

Yet it's the leftist homo mafia reacting to her that has finally convinced the feckless moderates that maybe we can't have a "polite, reasoned debate" about treating people as equals.

Look stop infringing on my rights to be a hateful spiteful bigot ok? You drat leftist communist hippy.

*cracks whip as team of groaning work for the dole recipients raise gold embossed litter*

To the IPA for drinks! Quick march!

• Locked thread