Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Synthbuttrange posted:

More like his face teaming up with the guy's fist

that's how team-ups work in nsm, yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

that's how team-ups work in nsm, yes.

Seriously. Let's not forget that Peter spent a RL week each getting the poo poo kicked out of him by Rocket Racoon and Ant-Man.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

jng2058 posted:

Seriously. Let's not forget that Peter spent a RL week each getting the poo poo kicked out of him by Rocket Racoon and Ant-Man.

Or the time Wolverine head-butted him and used his body as a thrown projectile.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

jng2058 posted:

You left out the part where Rocket Raccoon did it with both his arms literally tied behind his back.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
How about all the passive agressive combat with MJ?

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
Or how every time he walks into The Baxter Building, Thing clobbers him on principal?

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

If NSM ever committed suicide the most likely cause would be that he teamed up with himself.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

graham cracker posted:

If NSM ever committed suicide the most likely cause would be that he teamed up with himself.

Newspaper Scarlet Spider.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I would unironically love the newspaper version of the Clone Saga. Imagine Newspaper Kaine yelling at Newspaper Ben Reilly and Spider-man because they spent 8 weeks talking instead of fighting.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Lurdiak posted:

I would unironically love the newspaper version of the Clone Saga. Imagine Newspaper Kaine yelling at Newspaper Ben Reilly and Spider-man because they spent 8 weeks talking instead of fighting.

Imagine how long it would take though? Regular Clone Saga lasted two years, that's like, the rest of our natural lives in NSM time.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

The first two security guards left after MJ told them Moleman was her guest. Why are these two dourly/joyously charging into battle?

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Kwyndig posted:

Imagine how long it would take though? Regular Clone Saga lasted two years, that's like, the rest of our natural lives in NSM time.
And that was spread out over a number of titles.

Doc Hawkins posted:

The first two security guards left after MJ told them Moleman was her guest. Why are these two dourly/joyously charging into battle?
It's Hollywood. If you're ugly and not obviously elderly you're to be beaten on sight.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

mind the walrus posted:

It's Hollywood. If you're ugly and not obviously elderly you're to be beaten on sight.

I've been to Hollywood. My medical bills can confirm.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

gross

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
uh

did we skip a strip somehow? last i remember peter was about to get clocked in the jaw, now he's talking about may and moleman as though they arent sitting right next to him

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
maybe we've entered an exciting new stage in the comic, where we only see what peter remembers! clearly he blacked out when the cop punched him and has only just come to

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
Peter's face in the first panel is the embodiment of hoping for that sweet release of death.

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

I think we have to assume that the cops mistakenly beat the poo poo out of Anna so she had to go lie down

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice

redbackground posted:

Peter's face in the first panel is the embodiment of hoping for that sweet release of death.

It's awkward, having to have coffee with your elderly aunt and her ex.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Wait...one happy cop, one disgruntled cop...they're just like the comedy and tragedy masks traditionally associated with the film industry! :aaa:

ZeroCount
Aug 12, 2013

redbackground posted:

Dude has probably spent his whole life not thinking about Aunt May's lovelife, he's not ready to start now.

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

ZeroCount posted:

Dude has probably spent his whole life not thinking about Aunt May's lovelife, he's not ready to start now.

like seriously

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

Moleman is thinking dirty thoughts in the second panel.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Mover posted:

I think we have to assume that the cops mistakenly beat the poo poo out of Anna so she had to go lie down
"Sorry ma'am we thought you were a hideous Mole Man"

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

jyrque posted:

like seriously

"come to LA with me" she said, "It'll be fun, it'll be a romantic vacation for just the two of us," she said...

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Pete desperately looking at the building across the street

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!
"Well, I GUESS this is better than a raccoon hitting on my wife..."

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Hasn't this exact thing already been a mainline comic?

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
Looked up Tyrannus at the Marvel wiki, and he uh, did not look how I thought he would.

I expected something more...dinosaur-y.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

They can split the difference and make him a T-Rex Roman Conqueror. Or a Roman Conqueror with a T-Rex pet. That sounds more Newspaper Spider-Man's speed.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

"I'm made up of the memories of my parents and my grandparents, all my ancestors. They're in the way I look, in the colour of my hair. And I'm made up of everyone I've ever met who's changed the way I think"
What's up with mole-man's mouth in the first panel? It looks like he has a moustache.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Colorist mistaking teeth for flesh again

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

Synthbuttrange posted:

Colorist mistaking teeth for flesh again

Pretty sure the colorist uses flood fill over a white background. Teeth only get to be teeth-colored if the artist closes the line.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

The emotional rollercoaster of Peter's life for the last week.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Synthbuttrange posted:

Pete desperately looking at the building across the street

I'm trying to make a pun that has the line: 'Aw, us?' in it, but it ain't coming.

Also, at least the guy is living up to his name.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i didn't really know who tyrannus was but that sort of bizarre, convoluted backstory is extremely my poo poo

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

i didn't really know who tyrannus was but that sort of bizarre, convoluted backstory is extremely my poo poo

Even though people associate convoluted backstories with the 90s with the X-men and Clone saga and all that, a lot of early marvel villains have really convoluted backstories simply because the writers didn't expect to bring them back after killing them off so they have to come up with some nonsense reason they survived, and usually they're like "Well I might as well try to make him more interesting this time around" and add some weird new gimmicks. You do that 3-4 times and you end up with a huge mess.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

redbackground posted:

Looked up Tyrannus at the Marvel wiki, and he uh, did not look how I thought he would.

I expected something more...dinosaur-y.

It's also worth noting that while the fictional Romulus tried to conquer USA the real one posed such a little threat to Odoacer that he not only spared his life but actually gave him an annual pension of 6,000 solidi.

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012
is Mole Man even a villain? Newspaper Spider-Man makes it seem like he's a guy who just happens to run an underground kingdom and likes Peter's aunt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

morallyobjected posted:

is Mole Man even a villain? Newspaper Spider-Man makes it seem like he's a guy who just happens to run an underground kingdom and likes Peter's aunt.

He's wavered back and forth between huge prick and antisocial but sympathetic neutral character. It basically depends on how you feel about his army of slave midgets, the moloids.

Some writers are like "They're dumb primal weirdoes and need a leader and he takes care of them" and others are like "Slavery is always wrong, gently caress the mole man."

Lurdiak fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Jun 2, 2017

• Locked thread