Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pilz
Jul 25, 2016
Grimey Drawer

Xaerael posted:

Have you seen the music video for Me!Me!Me!? (Nsfw)

It's a bit like that.

This isn't important but whenever that thing is mentioned I feel the desperate need to point out that the creators are pathetic shits who think they're being deep and biting with their work but really, they're just smokescreening.

That or they're so utterly deluded they actually think what they make is novel, interesting, or cutting as a critique. Or on target.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Enchanted Hat
Aug 18, 2013

Defeated in Diplomacy under suspicious circumstances
Psst, hey, I've got a great strategy for you to improve your normie-XP so you can be less broken and loathsome!

Here it is:

GET OFF REDDIT IMMEDIATELY

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

Enchanted Hat posted:

Psst, hey, I've got a great strategy for you to improve your normie-XP so you can be less broken and loathsome!

Here it is:

GET OFF REDDIT IMMEDIATELY

But my internet points

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

Pilz posted:

This isn't important but whenever that thing is mentioned I feel the desperate need to point out that the creators are pathetic shits who think they're being deep and biting with their work but really, they're just smokescreening.

That or they're so utterly deluded they actually think what they make is novel, interesting, or cutting as a critique. Or on target.

Don't get too angry or you'll turn into a cat.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

phosdex posted:

But my internet points

Fake internet points are worth more than capitalist money, or something. Blah blah bitcoin.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice
Where the gently caress is Seraph. He can spout that bullshit better than anyone else here.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Pilz posted:

I like the half-naked dancing girls.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

5 bug reports in last 24 hours.

Somebody do that thing to see how many people are playing this bag of spanners.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

AP posted:

How many days until CitizenCon

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

trucutru posted:

So can't the incels, like, just fight lvl1 kobold-women to farm exp? Or do they jump straight into the alpha-succubus bonus boss encounter?

So many questions.
In this analogy the lvl1 kobolds are 14 year old girls.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
130 days.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

AP posted:

130 days.

11232000 seconds

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

AP posted:

Glad to see the game being almost bug free

DarkRefreshment
May 5, 2015

Nothing is funnier than a dog in a formal outfit. Look it up on the internets.

Ghostlight posted:

In this analogy the lvl1 kobolds are 14 year old girls.

Woah steady on. 14 is at least like level 3

These guys are a bag of dicks

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

quote:

Greetings Citizens,

We are back from a long weekend and hitting the ground running!

Let’s waste no time and jump straight into what’s going on this week.

• Yesterday, we released our weekly fan-centric show, Citizens of the Stars. This week’s episode highlighted special guests Clifford_aka_Miku, Design Director Todd Papy, and more!
  • Tuesday, the Lore Team will release another installment in one of their many continuing series. The Empire Report brings you important news from across the universe. If you find yourself easily immersed in a good story, fascinated by the design of Star Citizen, or just hungry for more information, these posts are made for you.
  • Wednesday, we will journey to the Kallis System in an all new episode of Loremaker’s Guide to the Galaxy.
  • Thursday brings us Around the Verse, this time checking in with Jake Ross from our Austin, TX studio to see what his team have been working on this month. And if Austin wasn’t enough, we’ll also be visiting Benoit from Turbulent as he guides us through what’s been going on with Spectrum and the website.
  • To wrap up the week, we will be broadcasting LIVE for Happy Hour Friday. Theme is TBD, but you can tune in at https://twitch.tv/starcitizen.

Lastly, the Aegis Eclipse sale will end the morning of June 2nd, so don’t miss your chance to pick up the recently declassified advanced stealth bomber. Tarp not included.

Tyler “AdmiralSloth” Nolin Community Manager

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
I watch every ATV and wait anxiously for star citizen to come out , but today while talking with friends a weird Idea struck my head. If the devs have created a tech which allows to create w whole planet and so on wouldnt the star engine be great for a medieval kind of game ( Like star citizen, where you can play a mercenary, bandit, pirate, traveler, pilgrim, monk, merchant, trader etc. but in a fantasy setting ).

I mean we could have a whole planet with continents , cities, villages, player housing, traveling on horses, fighting with swords and bows. I think it would be AWESOME as hell. And I know star citizen is being created because so many people geek out when they see a starship but it would be just amazing to travel through a enormous living breathing continent with its own economy and quests and activities and monsters to slay and princeses to save.

IMAGINE.

I hope someday after they finished star citizen someone will do something like this. It would blow my mind :D I would love to travel for hours on a horseback just to get somewhere where I havent been before !

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

I watch every ATV and wait anxiously for star citizen to come out , but today while talking with friends a weird Idea struck my head. If the devs have created a tech which allows to create w whole planet and so on wouldnt the star engine be great for a medieval kind of game ( Like star citizen, where you can play a mercenary, bandit, pirate, traveler, pilgrim, monk, merchant, trader etc. but in a fantasy setting ).

I mean we could have a whole planet with continents , cities, villages, player housing, traveling on horses, fighting with swords and bows. I think it would be AWESOME as hell. And I know star citizen is being created because so many people geek out when they see a starship but it would be just amazing to travel through a enormous living breathing continent with its own economy and quests and activities and monsters to slay and princeses to save.

IMAGINE.

I hope someday after they finished star citizen someone will do something like this. It would blow my mind :D I would love to travel for hours on a horseback just to get somewhere where I havent been before !

I expect that a lot of the star-engine capabilities will eventually get licensed out to other companies. I hope Disney might pick up a license for a legit star wars MMO.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
We're already using 3D Decals in blender for other projects. Quite a few of Star Citizen's developments are already starting to be appropriated by other studios and plugins for other programs.

Even if Star Citizen doesn't pan out as a great game, or if they worst case scenario run out of funds, the amount of nifty things they've done can and will be bought up and used for other projects and will benefit gaming as a whole. Their graphical stuff is the biggest thing to be honest, unreal etc already have a lot of the thing they are working on being worked on by other projects that will be implemented to the engine.

3D decals are freaking cool, been playing with the plugin for blender for abit now.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
Seems like it's actually the rest of gaming that's been playing catch up to Star Citizen for seven years

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Derek Smart tweets the most transparent troll.

Let's see what /r/DerekSmart does, surely they won't fall for it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DerekSmart/comments/6ec18q/dks_on_twitter_on_the_changeorg_cancel_far_cry_5/

:cripes:

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

3D decals are freaking cool, been playing with the plugin for blender for abit now.
3d decals were already in Alien Isolation, published in 2014, before the SC guys explained their similar use of it in 2015 at GDC. Don't mistake a technique they merely advertised their use of with one they invented.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Chev posted:

3d decals were already in Alien Isolation, published in 2014, before Star Citizen began development.

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

Daztek posted:

Derek Smart tweets the most transparent troll.

Let's see what /r/DerekSmart does, surely they won't fall for it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DerekSmart/comments/6ec18q/dks_on_twitter_on_the_changeorg_cancel_far_cry_5/

:cripes:

Good job as usual Monsieur le Docteur.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Chev posted:

3d decals were already in Alien Isolation, published in 2014, before the SC guys explained their similar use of it in 2015 at GDC. Don't mistake a technique they merely advertised their use of with one they invented.

mind = blown;

zcrow
May 6, 2014

Ah.. yeah... um... tup tup tup tup tup.. this is something we'll add down the line
questions:

is star citizen out yet?

is ben lesnick still with us?

did derek ever do his big reveal?

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

zcrow posted:

questions:

is star citizen out yet?

is ben lesnick still with us?

did derek ever do his big reveal?

Yes. Best Micromanaged Virtual Produvt ever

No. Ben left SA quite some time ago, sadly.

Yes. I still can't believe he doesn't like pizza...

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Yes. Best Micromanaged Virtual Produvt ever

No. Ben left SA quite some time ago, sadly.

Yes. I still can't believe he doesn't like pizza...

Fake news, he likes pizza but he takes pineapple on it.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."
Fuckin' incels are too young to remember there used to be RPG solo-run players that beat that poo poo, posted step by step how they did it and loved every minute of it in olden days of yore. So even if their broke-brained analogy had any resemblance to the truth, they'd still be completely wrong. No surprise I suppose.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005
Chris Roberts will save pc gaming

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

CrazyLoon posted:

Fuckin' incels are too young to remember there used to be RPG solo-run players that beat that poo poo, posted step by step how they did it and loved every minute of it in olden days of yore. So even if their broke-brained analogy had any resemblance to the truth, they'd still be completely wrong. No surprise I suppose.

The problem is that, these days, you can't cheat anymore. Well, not without getting in a lot of trouble for "refreshing" someone's drink.

That and cheevos. Gamerscore killed my sex life, THANKS MICROSOFT :argh:

Berious
Nov 13, 2005
I wish far cry 5 was out this year I'm bored and fat

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

Berious posted:

Eat more move less aim Ben.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

I expect that a lot of the star-engine capabilities will eventually get licensed out to other companies. I hope Disney might pick up a license for a legit star wars MMO.

Chris got a special licensing deal that not even Amazon could negotiate for 70 million. Crytek knew that the free publicity from Chris would be priceless, so they allowed him to resell their engine for next to nothing.

radd
Jun 16, 2001

Super Spacefortress

Sandweed posted:

Fake news, he likes pizza but he takes pineapple on it.

Then it is not pizza, is it?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Berious posted:

Get Prey but also please work out.

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

Tokamak posted:

Chris got a special licensing deal that not even Amazon could negotiate for 70 million. Crytek knew that the free publicity from Chris would be priceless, so they allowed him to resell their engine for next to nothing.

What does their crytek team does now ? Cause if I followed well, they took cryengine at first, then stimperized it into starengine, then ditched it for lumberyard, but this one is worked on by amazon. Does the crytek team tweaks it and will have problems each time amazon upgrade lumberyad, or are they just out of work ?

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Zzr posted:

What does their crytek team does now ? Cause if I followed well, they took cryengine at first, then stimperized it into starengine, then ditched it for lumberyard, but this one is worked on by amazon. Does the crytek team tweaks it and will have problems each time amazon upgrade lumberyad, or are they just out of work ?
Lumbayard is just cryengine.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

thatguy posted:

I'm the guy who doesn't understand what scopolamine is or how it works.

I'm the guy who does.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Zzr posted:

They have never really gone into detail about the engine change, for obvious reasons. They are likely still using StarEngine and are legally calling it Lumberyard so they can use Amazon's code and license. If there are any Lumberyard features they want to use, they will have to implement them one at a time. You can see this on the current 3.0 schedule where they are spending two months implementing volumetric fog, which is already a feature in Lumberyard. The Ex-Crytek guys will be working on whatever Amazon isn't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Tokamak posted:

They have never really gone into detail about the engine change, for obvious reasons. They are likely still using StarEngine and are legally calling it Lumberyard so they can use Amazon's code and license. If there are any Lumberyard features they want to use, they will have to implement them one at a time. You can see this on the current 3.0 schedule where they are spending two months implementing volumetric fog, which is already a feature in Lumberyard. The Ex-Crytek guys will be working on whatever Amazon isn't.

The only real detail they've provided was Ben Perry's description over on FDev: it was a change from CryEngine 3.8 to the exact same part in the Lumberyard code history. So it wasn't an engine change since nothing actually changed — it's just the license on the exact same code changed, and they got a couple of new libraries that they could start to include.