Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Roki B
Jul 25, 2004

Medical Industrial Complex

Biscuit Hider
Hacks

Lag

Teammates

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Return Of JimmyJars
Jun 24, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Had the game lag out on me as three dudes rounded the stairs a squad game where our house was dead center to the circle the entire time. I died and we got third place.

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!
drat, got screwed by a tree blocking my third person view when I went around a corner to gun down a guy running up. I've bound first person to middle mouse, but haven't gotten used to switching to it yet.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

lol

kol ga7ba

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
I'm definitely learning a lot more about engagements. Played a duo game with my GF who just got the game and it was her first time playing. Not bad for shitter team #1.

Ended up runnin into a duo after I shot one guy when I should have let them walk. Patience!!!

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
tfw the whole squad has snipers

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Loopoo posted:

lol

kol ga7ba

I still haven't figured out what 7s and 3s mean when my Arabic speaking friends post on facebook

Qubee
May 31, 2013

funny Star Wars parody posted:

I still haven't figured out what 7s and 3s mean when my Arabic speaking friends post on facebook

7 is just the ha sound (epiglottal), 3 is ah (again, epiglottal). then you've got 5 which represents kha, 2 is ah but lighter than 3, 9 is sa, 6 is ta.

poo poo gets groovy when you start throwing apostrophes into the mix, like 3' isn't ah anymore, it's gha.

NickBlasta
May 16, 2003

Clearly their proficiency at shooting is supernatural, not practical, in origin.
https://clips.twitch.tv/SavageCreativeLegKevinTurtle

Roki B
Jul 25, 2004

Medical Industrial Complex

Biscuit Hider

hax

CHINA NUMBA WAN

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
Got my first solo chicken dinner last night, and picked up 8 kills along the way. 9 if you count someone I zoned out of the circle. What a rush!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NO5EVsprEKw

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

I play in the UK, is there a way to pick Western Europe over general? Getting a lot of russians screaming in each match and it's authentic, but not so fun.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

well why not posted:

I play in the UK, is there a way to pick Western Europe over general? Getting a lot of russians screaming in each match and it's authentic, but not so fun.

Play on the US servers, they generally run and feel better to play on than the EU ones.

Snapes N Snapes
Sep 6, 2010

Play AS for smooth and easy play tbh.

SpaceBanditos
Aug 29, 2006

Did you hear maracas?
In an ironic twist of events my buddies and I have been playing on EU instead of NA because the EU servers feel better 9/10 games we play. The hit registry feels on point and I can count, on one hand, the number of times I've had some guy I've been shooting at get all spazzy and unhittable. This is basically the inverse of the NA servers where it's more often than not a hot laggy mess of rubberbanding dudes, doors, and cars.

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

:regd10:

Bobbin Threadbear posted:

[Moderate volume, authoritative tone] REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

there needs to be a steam roller vehicle to drive so I re-enact this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIaqZh_gGz4

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
Every server I tried after this reset has been crapping out on me :(

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
I killed somebody with a Dacia last night. Then died because I forgot to take my AK off of full-auto.

Then I died in the next game because we couldn't jump out a window we totally thought we could and whoops there's the blue wall!

Qubee
May 31, 2013

It's such a dumb way to die when you forget to switch your gun from single to auto. Amount of times I've walked into a house forgetting to put my SCAR full auto, and then bumping into an enemy. I'll get one shot off and then wonder why my gun is out of bullets, before realising too late and dying. Feels pretty garbage cause you've only got yourself to blame.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Loopoo posted:

It's such a dumb way to die when you forget to switch your gun from single to auto. Amount of times I've walked into a house forgetting to put my SCAR full auto, and then bumping into an enemy. I'll get one shot off and then wonder why my gun is out of bullets, before realising too late and dying. Feels pretty garbage cause you've only got yourself to blame.

I always forget to go to single-shot before trying to headshot a guy at 100m, so I end up missing high and then oh whoops they know I'm here.

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

wtf

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

Bardeh posted:

Every server I tried after this reset has been crapping out on me :(

Yeah I never had a smooth game. All the clips and streams you guys keep posting, meanwhile it takes a good second or two for doors to open for me. Getting into cars is always a guessing game of "Did I actually press the key to enter?" so I press it again after three seconds and it just hops in and out immediately and some dick bag kills me while I'm struggling because gently caress me.

Watching those twitch clips of Grimmz and I'm wondering how the gently caress is everything so responsive for him.

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

I need something stronger.

VikingSkull posted:

we've had a few new people join my group and we actively mock them until they start using compass headings

"left? your left? my left? relative to what? to you? me? are you an idiot?"

it's the first thing we tell new players and the only thing we rub their noses in if they gently caress it up, because it's the best skill to have. everyone fucks up because it's just natural to say left or right but getting hazed over it once or twice breaks the habit pretty quick

This is pretty stupid. I've had goons rage at my because we're all in a car driving and I say "there's a guy on the left" and they all get into a huffy about not using the compass. If it's not super obvious that left is relative to the direction the car is facing, the squad probably isn't going very far.

Neon Belly fucked around with this message at 15:06 on May 31, 2017

Orv
May 4, 2011

Neon Belly posted:

This is pretty stupid. I've had goons rage at my because we're all in a car driving and I say "there's a guy on the left" and they all get into a huffy about not using the compass. If it's not super obvious that left is relative to the direction the car is facing, the squad probably isn't going very far.

As someone who played DayZ with goons, I can almost 100% assure you VikingSkull was not in any way referring to directions relative to car.

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

If you're in a car it should be port and starboard, obviously

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

Neon Belly posted:

Orv posted:

As someone who played DayZ with goons, I can almost 100% assure you VikingSkull was not in any way referring to directions relative to car.

yes it's this, when in a car or dropping from the plane, left and right are valid instructions

if I'm the stair goblin a floor below you, I can't see you and you can't see me and you tell me "left! right!" there's a 50/50 chance I come up the stairs and kill you myself

e- I will say that we've had firefights and the core group of players I roll with are comfy with each other, if we know where the group or an individual is we will use left and right and have some confidence they will know what we mean, but we all have a few hundred hours in game and know most of the landmarks and likely hiding places are, so "the left tree" or what have you gains more relevance

it's just that new players don't often know when that stuff is situationally appropriate

VikingSkull fucked around with this message at 16:26 on May 31, 2017

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED
Holy poo poo there's a guy over there! By the tree! Damnit I'm dead

Qubee
May 31, 2013

It really bugs me when people don't use compass bearings, it makes it really hard to pinpoint who they're aiming at, especially when the person is concealed really well. I always use bearings + description: "He's at 315, behind the tree on the hill, he's peeking left". My mate who regularly gets about 12 kills a game (he's insanely good) always says "There's a guy there!" and I spend 30 seconds trying to find the guy before he eventually gets downed by my teammate. He's been in 1v2 situations with me close by and unable to help cause I don't know where the enemies are, yet he still somehow manages to come out on top. My other group I play with all use bearings and descriptions and we all end up firing on the same poor fucker and it's so satisfying showering them in a hail of bullets.

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
HES RIGHT THERE, HES RIGHT THERE JESUS CHRIST HES RIGHT THERE HOLY poo poo GOD drat

titanium
Mar 11, 2004

NONE SHALL PASS!
I really love the goofy starts to this game at times. This game ended up being my 3rd solo win in 2 days :feelsgoodman:.

https://clips.twitch.tv/TrustworthyEnthusiasticOysterHeyGuys

Side note, sorry to whoever was stuck playing with my drunk friend last night in the goonsquad discord. I was the one telling him to shut the gently caress up.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

I have a buddy that calls headings, but nothing else. Then I am left asking, Near? Far? Hill? Tree? Rock? Building?

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

VikingSkull posted:

yes it's this, when in a car or dropping from the plane, left and right are valid instructions

if I'm the stair goblin a floor below you, I can't see you and you can't see me and you tell me "left! right!" there's a 50/50 chance I come up the stairs and kill you myself

e- I will say that we've had firefights and the core group of players I roll with are comfy with each other, if we know where the group or an individual is we will use left and right and have some confidence they will know what we mean, but we all have a few hundred hours in game and know most of the landmarks and likely hiding places are, so "the left tree" or what have you gains more relevance

it's just that new players don't often know when that stuff is situationally appropriate

Makes sense and is reasonable.

Last night I queued with 3 and got a pubbie who sounded like a ten-year-old. We decided on our other comms to let him call the shots and it was pretty awesome.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

the guy fired a shot right before this clip starts so he knew from the audio there was someone there. still insane to spot him that quickly/accurately though.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.
honest question

does anyone in this thread ever go to Zharki? I have over 500 games played and I've been there twice

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

I went to Stalber for the first time last night. Never again.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Stalber is pro tier if you're in a solo, but only if the circle drops in the north, and only if a rifle of some sort and an optic drops there which is a dubious bet

if you get those two things it's an insta top 10 IMO

e- Zharki, on the other hand, never has a circle drop near it and even though some gear spawns there you never have the time to get there and back to the circle, plus it's too close to the container docks to not get killed by some spec ops equipped idiot on the way out

VikingSkull fucked around with this message at 18:03 on May 31, 2017

Snapes N Snapes
Sep 6, 2010

VikingSkull posted:

honest question

does anyone in this thread ever go to Zharki? I have over 500 games played and I've been there twice

Zharki owns bones my man.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Zharki is for people too scared to drop at Georgopol.

Badfinger
Dec 16, 2004

Timeouts?!

We'll take care of that.
Zharki is cool but North Georgopol has all the benefits with barely any additional risk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

Badfinger posted:

Zharki is cool but North Georgopol has all the benefits with barely any additional risk.

right on. north googleopolis has so many giant buildings it would be very hard for you to end up in a lovely situation dropping there. Everyone always goes for the warehouses.

• Locked thread