Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

madjack
Dec 31, 2013
The court having Annie's father invite her over for dinner would be a very simple way to make sure she's not in the picture on a given evening for whatever reason.

Hmm....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Or they're just making use of their omniscient surveillance.

madjack
Dec 31, 2013

Demiurge4 posted:

Or they're just making use of their omniscient surveillance.

I mean yeah but even if what Kat is up to is the hot topic of the month, the court has other things to do than sit there and wait for a time to catch Kat alone for a meeting/whatever, especially given Annie seems to be over at her workshop a lot.

Removing Annie from the equation at x time on x date via dinner "request" would be a much cleaner way to go about it, especially if they think our fire wielding friend with temper issues is likely to get upset at whatever offer/terms/action etc. is being undertaken.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Or they just knew Annie had a dinner appointment with her dad. I don't see any reason to break into conspiracy theory over court manipulation to isolate Kat and Annie.

At any rate they aren't there for the arrow.

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.
I dunno, I'd expect the fifteen something year old living with their father to take their dinner with said parent. Seems a lot simpler that the Court just waited for Kat to be alone instead of engeenering a multi steps plan to have Annie occupied.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
they track them via their food

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

I remember briefly seeing this woman in a previous chapter. Does anyone remember what her specific role is?

Cavelcade
Dec 9, 2015

I'm actually a boy!

There Bias Two posted:

I remember briefly seeing this woman in a previous chapter. Does anyone remember what her specific role is?

Psst.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Those two have been friends for ages.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

DO not fall in love with robots

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Bilirubin posted:

Look Surma made a lot of mistakes but that wasn't one of them :mad:

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Bilirubin posted:

It was kind of negligent of the Angel of the Robots to have not told Shadow such a simple rule.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Iceclaw posted:

I dunno, I'd expect the fifteen something year old living with their father to take their dinner with said parent. Seems a lot simpler that the Court just waited for Kat to be alone instead of engeenering a multi steps plan to have Annie occupied.

Annie doesn't live with her dad, she has her own dorm somewhere.

Also, if the Court were trying to engineer Kat being alone, they'd have to find a way to occupy Paz too right? You know, her actual girlfriend.

lllllllllllllllllll
Feb 28, 2010

Now the scene's lighting is perfect!
So that lenghty dialogue is finally over.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!

There Bias Two posted:

Her name is Juliette, it appears, and the precursor to that scene was here: http://gunnerkrigg.com/?p=1613 . We've seen the robot in Robot's group before, too, so it's likely spying on them specifically as opposed to opportunistically.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I got to meet Tom today and he is insanely cool well that's all bye

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose

Regy Rusty posted:

I got to meet Tom today and he is insanely cool well that's all bye

I mean he totally seems that way on the internet but c'mon, there has to be more of a story here. Details!

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

Mimesweeper posted:

I mean he totally seems that way on the internet but c'mon, there has to be more of a story here. Details!

https://twitter.com/gunnerkrigg/status/869179809443848192

Probably relevant

Regarding yesterday's strip: Thats a cruel spot to end the chapter at. I bet we won't even get to see the exchange between Kat/These Two but just skip to a random point in the future

:negative:

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Mimesweeper posted:

I bet they had a fling in the sand.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Mimesweeper posted:

As Conot said he held a fan meetup in NYC last night. There were a ton of people there but I did manage to snag a brief one on one conversation with him and tell him how much I love his work, which was nice. He spent a long time fielding questions about the comic and talking to people about their favorite characters. My question was about the process of designing Angel Kat. One thing he pointed out that I'd never noticed before was that the chaos coming off from her at all sides incorporates distorted images of various tools associated with Kat.

All in all it was a fun enlightening evening and it's great to hear Tom speak so passionately about his comic.

Here's a couple photos he retweeted of the gathering. Featuring two lovely shots of the back of my head (I'm in the blue shirt standing then sitting towards the right of the pictures):
https://mobile.twitter.com/spittinglizards/status/869385889805475847

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose
Dang, that sounds awesome.

I'm so happy for him and his success, it's great how the internet can provide a way for an artist to make a living following his dream.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
it's coyotes all the way down tbh

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

its us.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Coyote reminds us that he is Tom Siddell, and all of the other characters are just fragments of his storytelling.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Is the goose in pain or is it laughing

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Tenebrais posted:

Coyote reminds us that he is Tom Siddell, and all of the other characters are just fragments of his storytelling.

Gunnerkrigg Court actually being Homestuck was the one twist I never saw coming.

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!

Scholtz posted:

What's the difference

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Scholtz posted:

It looks like its eyeball may be popping out, so I think Coyote ate her.

Also, this is the most unsettling panel in the comic so far. We haven't seen Coyote look so bloodthirsty before.

Calling it now, Red is actually Coyote.

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

I shall make everyone look like me! Then when they trick each other, they will say "oh that Coyote, he is the smartest one, he can even trick the great Coyote."

Grimey Drawer

Venuz Patrol posted:

it's coyotes all the way down tbh

Quite.

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

There Bias Two posted:

It looks like its eyeball may be popping out, so I think Coyote ate her.

"But how can Coyote eat her if she is Coyote? :unsmigghh: " - Coyote

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
its kind of like eating your own boogers

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Hremsfeld posted:

"But how can Coyote eat her if she is Coyote? :unsmigghh: " - Coyote

Maybe she wasn't until he ate her.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

There Bias Two posted:

Maybe she wasn't until he ate her.

Woah

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Everyone forgets they're a part of nature until nature starts fighting back.

Haven't ANY of you watched Birdemic?

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler
Oh. Of course Goosewife is actually Coyote too. I should have known that he would be in love with himself.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

goose coyote ejects from the cockpit coyote and slams into the canopy coyote, killing him making him remember he's really just coyote

Top Gun Coyote wasn't a sad movie after all.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

I'm not down with having to gander at Coyote's goose murder

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

The end of The Usual Coyotes

"Oh my god he was Coyote Sozay all along! ...then again so was I"

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Oh HELL yes!