Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011
gently caress yeah, time to accelerate the oncoming climate disaster! :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

FourLeaf posted:

gently caress yeah, time to accelerate the oncoming climate disaster! :toot:
i'll do you one better

sanctions :unsmigghh:

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

Ramos posted:

Trump veto'ing is kind of a moot point, if there's a democratic congress, he's getting impeached as fast as possible and even if another Republican lines up and doesn't get impeached as well for all sorts of shared Russian connections, they'll probably stick with the Paris Agreement.

Sooo where are those extra fifteen Democrats in the Senate coming from

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

i'll do you one better

sanctions :unsmigghh:

We deserve it tbh

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Toaster Beef posted:

Sooo where are those extra fifteen Democrats in the Senate coming from

I'd trust an investigation by a Democratic Senate and House a lot more.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Alter Ego posted:

What he means is

In 2018, you can't loving get a Democratic House. You likely can't even get a Democratic Senate. What then

By the time we get both of those things, Trump's going to be a decaying corpse. While we SHOULD put his future body up on charges and harangue him like Pope Formosus, I dunno if Democrats have it in them to do it.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

Alter Ego posted:

Same, but the Senate's just not in play in 2018. The Democrats will be extraordinarily lucky if they get even a basic majority, and you need a two-thirds majority (67 votes) in the Senate to actually Do the drat Thing and toss a president.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

botany posted:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/869858333477523458

yeah okay now I have to tell Trump to take his poo poo to GBS as well I guess

Created a meme and killed it in 6 hours.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Apoplexy posted:

What he means is

In 2018, you can't loving get a Democratic House. You likely can't even get a Democratic Senate. What then

By the time we get both of those things, Trump's going to be a decaying corpse. While we SHOULD put his future body up on charges and harangue him like Pope Formosus, I dunno if Democrats have it in them to do it.

Why bother following politics if you're that fatalistic about it?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

The house should flip just based on historical averages.

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene

Ramos posted:

We really need to knock those 2018 elections out of the park.
lol it looks like the fate of humanity rests on dems not loving up a major election by putting up a bunch of careerist centrist pols totally devoid of charisma. i wonder how this will turn out :thunk:

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011

Sinteres posted:

It's good to learn as much as possible about the thing that's going to kill you.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Sinteres posted:

Seriously. Either there's something to be done or you're just staring at the oncoming train.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Apoplexy posted:

What he means is

I think a Democratic House is a reasonable goal. Why don't you?

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

cargo cult posted:

lol it looks like the fate of humanity rests on dems not loving up a major election by putting up a bunch of careerist centrist pols totally devoid of charisma. i wonder how this will turn out :thunk:

It might have "worked" for them with Trump, but choosing extreme candidates in primaries cost Republicans a lot of winnable elections over the years. The idea that centrism is why Democrats lose is dumb.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Hey guys who do you think Trump's pick to head medicaid blames for the problems with the ACA?

Here's a hint!

quote:

Verma was a health care consultant who helped design a controversial Medicaid plan in Indiana for then-governor Mike Pence. Now she is at the center of the nation's health care debate, overseeing a $1 trillion federal budget and health care programs for more than 100 million Americans. They include Medicaid, the target of more than $600 billion over 10 years in cuts in Trump's budget proposal released last week.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2017/05/30/medicaid-chief-seema-verma-blames-obamacare-collapse-founders-medicare/102313242/

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Data Graham posted:

Excoriate doesn't sound like a Trump word.

There are this many too much letters for Trump word: *holds up a hot pocket*

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Sinteres posted:

It might have "worked" for them with Trump, but choosing extreme candidates in primaries cost Republicans a lot of winnable elections over the years. The idea that centrism is why Democrats lose is dumb.
otoh "centrism" shouldn't mean "capitulation"

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011

Sinteres posted:

What "extreme" candidates have they chosen?

I get the feeling you considered 2008 Candidate Obama "extreme"

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

Alter Ego posted:

A Democratic House doesn't undo anything Trump has done, and will do before the 2018 election.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/869903459511918592

he's gonna tweet it out, one word per day, unless it has really big words, then it might take two days.

the summary's "noooooooooo".

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

FourLeaf posted:

What "extreme" candidates have they chosen?

I get the feeling you considered 2008 Candidate Obama "extreme"

You should probably reread what I said.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

TyrantWD posted:

A Democratic House doesn't undo anything Trump has done, and will do before the 2018 election.

Who said anything about the time between now and November 2018? I know there's nothing we can do about that. It stops him from doing further damage between 2018 and 2020. You take your victories where you can get them.

And quite frankly, the panic that Jon Ossoff's victory would cause Republicans in June would be enough to frighten them off some of their more pernicious legislative priorities.

Fritz Coldcockin fucked around with this message at 14:20 on May 31, 2017

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

double nine posted:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/869903459511918592

he's gonna tweet it out, one word per day, unless it has really big words, then it might take two days.

He does know that every media outlet has already reported what his decision was? I thought he used to understand entertainment.

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

Filthy Hans posted:

fay-fay is clearly the right pronunciation for the second and third syllable and the accent is on the second syllable, but is cov- pronounced as in cov-en or cov-ert?

Those are both pronounced the same thank you very much.

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011

Sinteres posted:

You should probably reread what I said.

Oops, you're absolutely right, I can't read this morning :downs:

peengers
Jun 6, 2003

toot toot
Pants down for covfefe

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Mustached Demon posted:

Who didn't see this coming?

Woooo!!!! Coal power gently caress yeah!

Don't forget God drat steam!

Raylen
Aug 1, 2003

You just killed the nice deranged chick from the juice bar that I was gonna score with someday maybe!
Pillbug

FizFashizzle posted:

Hey guys who do you think Trump's pick to head medicaid blames for the problems with the ACA?

Here's a hint!

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2017/05/30/medicaid-chief-seema-verma-blames-obamacare-collapse-founders-medicare/102313242/

Verma is straight up disgusting and is definitely one of those FYGM conservatives that does not care at all for the suffering of other people

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

TyrantWD posted:

He does know that every media outlet has already reported what his decision was? I thought he used to understand entertainment.

That was before his brain was literally rotting in his skull from old age, when he was merely a horrible person.

RandomBlue posted:

Don't forget God drat steam!

Why would we forget steam? Every power generation system that burns something is a tea-kettle? Coal, oil, gas, nuclear? All use the heat generated to push steam through turbines. Even solar power is sometimes steam (reflecting the sun's heat onto boilers instead of photovoltaic panels).

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Alter Ego posted:

I thought there were literally not enough Republican seats up, let alone ones that can even theoretically flip with a big Democratic wave-swing-turnout. If I'm wrong, so be it, I'd be glad for that to be the case.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."

Apoplexy posted:

I thought there were literally not enough Republican seats up, let alone ones that can even theoretically flip with a big Democratic wave-swing-turnout. If I'm wrong, so be it, I'd be glad for that to be the case.

All house seats are up.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Any Republican president would've pulled out of Paris.

nerox
May 20, 2001
"Covfefe" needs to be the name of Trump's "Deep Throat"

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

Apoplexy posted:

Thats the Senate, all house seats are up every (edit: other) year

Piell fucked around with this message at 17:08 on May 31, 2017

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

mcmagic posted:

Any Republican president would've pulled out of Paris.

Well yeah, all other methods of birth control are ungodly

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

FourLeaf posted:

It's good to learn as much as possible about the thing that's going to kill you.

Why ruin the surprise :shrug:

rkajdi
Sep 11, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

VitalSigns posted:

Well yeah, all other methods of birth control are ungodly

Funnily enough, wasn't withdraw the method that specifically got Onan smote?

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」

dex_sda posted:

FK... in the covfefe

I want you to know I appreciate this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Glazier posted:

Look everyone, the New Republic figured out what Dems need to do to win in 2018, just double double down on conservative centrism!

https://newrepublic.com/article/142372/elitism-liberalisms-biggest-problem

:barf::barf::barf:

quote:

First of all, middle Americans go to church. Not temple. Church. 

Haha what the gently caress :godwin:

• Locked thread