Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

WHOOPS posted:

Yes, he talked about how bad Kniles Davis is a few weeks ago!

Well, he's a Steeler now, so this is meaningless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

That suuuuuckkkks.

This was the best ESPN commercial ever.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Chip's building the dream team

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Chromatic posted:

Justin Houston is going to bounce back big. :allears:

I need to find a Texans fan who does this

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
My favorite John Clayton moment was when he was dropping hot burns all over Sean Salisbury.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

My favorite John Clayton moment was when he was dropping hot burns all over Sean Salisbury.
Every segment of theirs was the classic dweeb vs jock battle

Nov 6, 2002

Salisbury: You never played in the NFL, John!
Clayton: Neither did you.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Dude, you're getting the money regardless, you don't gotta fake one:

https://twitter.com/MaryKayCabot/status/869957438191149061

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

https://twitter.com/ArmandoSalguero/status/869958904339324928

Something to keep an eye on. Wonder how many of the rookies will earn the Dolphin.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

fsif posted:

Something to keep an eye on. Wonder how many of the rookies will earn the Dolphin.

I AM A MIAMI DOLPHIN
I AM A WARRIOR AND A
MEMBER OF AN
UNBEATABLE TEAM

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

fsif posted:

This is loving dumb.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

https://twitter.com/ClaytonESPN/status/869962349108576256

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

No Butt Stuff posted:

This is loving dumb.

Goddamn this is the most high school poo poo ever.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Ice Fist posted:

Goddamn this is the most high school poo poo ever.

The Texans do the same poo poo lol

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Buckeye!

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

I think he's still staying on his Seattle area radio show.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Hey, AFC champion coordinator Adam Gase knows a thing or two about earning it

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

fsif posted:

PRINT
THE
LOGOS
(except for the rookies)
(you fuckers gotta earn that poo poo)

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
We did that in high school football, I was a skinny little lad so I did not get the decal and it hurt

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Bad Moon posted:

I think he's still staying on his Seattle area radio show.

He said he is.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

No Butt Stuff posted:

This is loving dumb.

All it accomplishes is cheapening the NFL experience for those that barely made it. They can't even save a picture of the experience. Cue a line of veterans giving their Dolphins to Gase for this year's Rudy.

Nov 6, 2002

The best way to make someone feel like they're part of a team is to exclude them from part of it. Obviously.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Bwahahahaha this is the best.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
University of Tennessee does something like this - except instead of earning a "T", it's a stripe on the helmet and it's done with the new class of recruits. It's also decided by the players, not the coaches. They have a vote and whoever progressed the most that week or made an awesome catch or whatever in practice gets a stripe. The next week someone else does, the next week, etc. I'm pretty sure eventually everyone gets one unless you're injured or you just suck in which case...welp.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

My biggest objection to it is that it's so obviously theatrical. If Byron Maxwell and Xavier Howard go down, they're not going to send out Cordrea Tankersley in a plain white helmet because he half-assed the OTAs.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Listen you can have the practice squad trophy or the logo

Not both

Unless Ryan says it's ok

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Wrong thread earlier

This belongs here

Honestly this is the stupidest thing I've seen a team do since buffalos front office tried making their players learn team building and character by hiring an absolutely abysmal retread from New York lol

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Look given that our team leadership was Mario Williams it was an upgrade

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Amy Pole Her posted:

Wrong thread earlier

This belongs here

Honestly this is the stupidest thing I've seen a team do since buffalos front office tried making their players learn team building and character by hiring an absolutely abysmal retread from New York lol

:agreed:

If you're overshooting Belichick's level of petty rear end in a top hat you REALLY need to calm the gently caress down.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
gently caress U ESPN

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Rude

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/05/31/t-j-lang-calls-ndamukong-suh-a-psychopath-in-a-good-way/

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.

Amy Pole Her posted:

That was a great copy paste Nystral but source your quotes or else someone might think you actually thought that

But I do??? Ok, maybe I exaggerated for effect, but I firmly believe that the post-Rice WR logjam for HOF is actively working against TO and Moss.

Rice went in 2010.

2011 basically had no WRs

2012 had no WRs

2013 had Carter

2014 had Reed

2015 had Brown

2016 had Harrison

2017 had no WRs

Looking at the 2017 finalists TO is competing against Bruce, Holt, Ward.

2016 finalists were basically TO and Harrison who had waited 3 years.

The level of competition and the bar to get in has been raised over the last two decades.

Does TO belong in the HOF? Maybe. But I'd put Moss in before TO 10 days out of 10. I honestly thought Moss had retired the same year as TO not a few years later though.

EDIT: and I don't think Ward or Holt belong in at all, and Bruce is the same kind of edge case as TO where I'm 50/50 or 51/49 on them

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
TO is 2nd all time in career receiving yards, 3rd all time in career receiving TDs. Why do you keep comparing him to Holt/Bruce/Tim Brown/Carter?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

The logjam that includes such players as Randy Moss and no one else will never allow TO to go into That Hall

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

His push-ups were in unconventional places at inopportune times. He can get hosed.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

This Buffalo News writer admitted that he didn't vote for TO: http://buffalonews.com/2017/02/10/vic-carucci-thinking-behind-not-voting-for-terrell-owens-into-the-pro-football-hall-of-fame/

It takes him 18 paragraphs to get his reason: “He was a horrible teammate.”

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I mean, if you ever argue that a player is a good teammate, then yeah, the opposite, being such a tremendous dickhead that every team he was on threw him away despite him being loving awesome is saying something.

One of the SI podcasts talked about Peter King's experiences with it. Where, since they're all old as gently caress sportswriters, they rely on dudes verbally jacking off each candidate to get to the main list of guys they vote on, and they can't find ex-teammates, coaches or anyone who wants to go to tug off for TO.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

fsif posted:

My biggest objection to it is that it's so obviously theatrical. If Byron Maxwell and Xavier Howard go down, they're not going to send out Cordrea Tankersley in a plain white helmet because he half-assed the OTAs.

I wonder if they can even do it in a preseason game

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Amy Pole Her posted:

Wrong thread earlier

This belongs here

I dont think anything tops burying the drat football

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nov 6, 2002

Kalli posted:

I mean, if you ever argue that a player is a good teammate, then yeah, the opposite, being such a tremendous dickhead that every team he was on threw him away despite him being loving awesome is saying something.

One of the SI podcasts talked about Peter King's experiences with it. Where, since they're all old as gently caress sportswriters, they rely on dudes verbally jacking off each candidate to get to the main list of guys they vote on, and they can't find ex-teammates, coaches or anyone who wants to go to tug off for TO.

If they can't figure out with their own eyes that TO was an incredible player they shouldn't be in the deciding role.

• Locked thread