Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Happy Blue Cow
Oct 23, 2008

I have moooore respect for
Mr. Carpainter then others. Even if I become someone's steak dinner, I'll still respect him.

ImpAtom posted:

I can't watch videos at work so can someone clarify:

I see Esuna is cross-class and earlier-than-Leeches, is there any indication if what replaced Leeches or does Scholar get both and Leeches just doesn't take up a cross-class slot?

Leeches is gone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Soothing Vapors posted:

The goal seems to have been to reduce the overall number of skills. Nothing specific seems to have replaced Leeches, it's just gone. So are Sustain, Virus, and Miasma II.

That's really weird though in that Leeches is a job quest reward skill, are they just going to stick Scholar with a nothing level gain?

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

ImpAtom posted:

I can't watch videos at work so can someone clarify:

I see Esuna is cross-class and earlier-than-Leeches, is there any indication if what replaced Leeches or does Scholar get both and Leeches just doesn't take up a cross-class slot?

Yep, Leeches is just gone. In its place at level 40 is... Enhanced Mind II.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Omnicrom posted:

Yep, Leeches is just gone. In its place at level 40 is... Enhanced Mind II.

*jerking off motion*

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Gizmo Chicken posted:

In other news, Bane got nerfed into the ground. rip SCH AoE DPS.
holy poo poo I didn't notice that on my first look

that's brutal

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Holyshoot posted:

paladin aoe

And the trait that lets you cast off your holy nuke after debuffing the mob to take more damage.

I am hyped for the PLD changes, I like that they're leaning more in to the holy part of the Paladin aesthetic.

Failboattootoot posted:

I hoped I was wrong but the paladin AE not generating additional enmity is just the rudest middle-finger.

It doesn't really seem needed, tbh. You can hang on to any group with a couple flashes and using Circle of Scorn whenever it's up. Now PLD can spam AoE inbetween those instead of just picking at one of the mobs and feeling like a chump.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Ouhei posted:

I am hyped for the PLD changes, I like that they're leaning more in to the holy part of the Paladin aesthetic.

It doesn't really seem needed, tbh. You can hang on to any group with a couple flashes and using Circle of Scorn whenever it's up. Now PLD can spam AoE inbetween those instead of just picking at one of the mobs and feeling like a chump.

Makes you wonder why they couldn't have just added that aoe in a 3.X patch? I guess that's the difference between this game and wow.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Gizmo Chicken posted:

In other news, Bane got nerfed into the ground. rip SCH AoE DPS.

Whelp, guess its time to become one of them honest healers I once mocked so much.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

holy gently caress those new blm skills. I was looking at the pot nerf on some of the abilities, but maaaaaaaan thunder IV with all the free procs and foul holy gently caress im playing BLM.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.
Went through and looked at the nin tooltips and it's a bunch of minor changes. Lot of small potency increases all over to make up for the loss of b4b and IR.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

wait does BLM get a free flare with the enhanced umbral heart trait?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Ryanbomber posted:

Bane is now -20% potency to each extra target, capped at -80%.

With Bane horribly nerfed and Blizz2 gone, SCH seems PLD level of terrible at AoE now. That kind of sucks.

This blows and depresses me greatly.

Choyi
Aug 18, 2012
Woah... so they really hosed over SCH completely? Healer's in general seem to have been dumped on hard by looking at all this stuff and comparing it how much cool new poo poo dps and tanks gets. And we knew healer dps was to be nerfed but this seem a bit excessive.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

AOE in general seems to be nerfed hard in Stormblood. Almost all the skills I've seen have had that scaling potency reduction for additional targets, probably to discourage pulling more than two packs or so.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Choyi posted:

Woah... so they really hosed over SCH completely? Healer's in general seem to have been dumped on hard by looking at all this stuff and comparing it how much cool new poo poo dps and tanks gets. And we knew healer dps was to be nerfed but this seem a bit excessive.

Scholar got some nifty new healing tools, but yeah SCH DPS just got drop-kicked.

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Holyshoot posted:

Makes you wonder why they couldn't have just added that aoe in a 3.X patch? I guess that's the difference between this game and wow.

It seems like they wanted to make it part of larger sweeping changes, eliminating some other buttons helps to make room for a new one for controller players (like meeeeee)

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

that looks like a free flare to me.

BLM changes look amazing.

Foul being a 650 Pot AOE is like wuuut.

Ryanbomber
Sep 27, 2004

Asimo posted:

AOE in general seems to be nerfed hard in Stormblood. Almost all the skills I've seen have had that scaling potency reduction for additional targets, probably to discourage pulling more than two packs or so.

It's been like that through Heavensward. Most spells lose 10% and are capped at -50%. Bane used to be full damage for 4 targets and -50% beyond that. Both of those are pretty reasonable.

Making Baned Bio into an 8 potency dot isn't.

Freaksaus
Jun 13, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Really not a fan of almost all of these role skills coming from WHM. It feels as if I'm going to have to take most of these just to have the same amount of tools you have right now.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

queeb posted:

that looks like a free flare to me.

BLM changes look amazing.

Foul being a 650 Pot AOE is like wuuut.

I look forward to seeing a BLM cast four flares in a row at instant speed and then Foul. And then die horrible because they pulled all the aggro forever.

Also they actually slightly buffed Flare's AOE power for huge packs.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Failboattootoot posted:

Went through and looked at the nin tooltips and it's a bunch of minor changes. Lot of small potency increases all over to make up for the loss of b4b and IR.

rip in loving pieces dancing edge though

the new big damage attack using the gauge you also need for your making GBS threads-out-jutsus skill is a little ehhhhh

Blockhouse fucked around with this message at 16:08 on May 31, 2017

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Omnicrom posted:

I look forward to seeing a BLM cast four flares in a row at instant speed and then Foul. And then die horrible because they pulled all the aggro forever.

Also they actually slightly buffed Flare's AOE power for huge packs.

plus thunder IV being an AOE 50 potency dot is awesome.

I wonder if the 3% chance proc off thunder IV applies full thunder damage to every target hit?

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Ryanbomber posted:

Making Baned Bio into an 8 potency dot isn't.
Oh yeah that one's basically a castration. :downs:

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

queeb posted:

I wonder if the 3% chance proc off thunder IV applies full thunder damage to every target hit?

You still have trick attack, Anyone know if it's still 10% or brought to 5 in line with others?

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Blockhouse posted:

the new big damage attack using the gauge you also need for your making GBS threads-out-jutsus skill is a little ehhhhh

Judging by the cooldowns on the moves and the speed at which the Ninja Magic gauge was built up it looks like you'll basically be able to trade Super Jutsu and Super Attack on Cooldown.

queeb posted:

They specifically said Thundercloud can proc off of the AoE thunders, and that Thundercloud works on the AoE thunders, so if you Thundercloud a Thunder IV it should blast everything in range for max damage.

Hey that's where all the AOE went, Black Mage stole it.

Choyi
Aug 18, 2012

Omnicrom posted:

Scholar got some nifty new healing tools, but yeah SCH DPS just got drop-kicked.

Unless they significantly up the incoming damage in fights I don't really see a point in more healing tools, currently the healing required in this game is so low that more healing cooldowns feel redundant and dull, and if they take away too much of the dps fun healers can do in between the occasional heal, they may get real boring to play.

All I know is you wan't to keep the healers happy in a trinity MMO, they are the games lifeblood after all.

My personal hope is with DPS nerf, that the devs have increased the healing needed closer to how older WoW content was, in where you need to carefully spend nearly every GCD keeping the party alive, to at least add some fun and challenge to the role.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Omnicrom posted:

Judging by the cooldowns on the moves and the speed at which the Ninja Magic gauge was built up it looks like you'll basically be able to trade Super Jutsu and Super Attack on Cooldown.

They specifically said Thundercloud can proc off of the AoE thunders, and that Thundercloud works on the AoE thunders, so if you Thundercloud a Thunder IV it should blast everything in range for max damage.

Hey that's where all the AOE went, Black Mage stole it.

i found my main for stormblood

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Blockhouse posted:

The slashing debuff got rolled into shadowfang which replaces DE as the 3rd hit of that combo so it's no great loss really. That said, nins combo system effectively becoming 1-2-3, 1-2-4, 1-2-5 is pretty unexciting. The big attack is kinda neat? It's like an even better sneak attack you don't have to give up TA for. Crazy leylines jutsu fiesta is the clear winner though since it doubles all the ninjutsu's potencies.

Nin abilities that didn't survive the transition to stormblood (though a couple live on in their own way): Mutilate, Kiss of the Wasp and Viper (now just passive damage increase traits), Goad (now a role skill), Dancing Edge, Sneak Attack.

Stormgale posted:

You still have trick attack, Anyone know if it's still 10% or brought to 5 in line with others?

Still 10%. Not really sure how nin's going to pan out damage-wise but shadewalker and TA are still probably good enough utility to get them raid slots.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

That's probably the answer to the questions. They're probably making it so you actually have to heal things in content now instead of just killing real hard and maybe chucking out a Tetra/Essential/Lustrate sometimes.

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Josuke Higashikata posted:

That's probably the answer to the questions. They're probably making it so you actually have to heal things in content now instead of just killing real hard and maybe chucking out a Tetra/Essential/Lustrate sometimes.

laughinghyur.gifv

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Failboattootoot posted:

Still 10%. Not really sure how nin's going to pan out damage-wise but shadewalker and TA are still probably good enough utility to get them raid slots.

Gonna be interesting, currently considering DRK(PLD)/WAR/SAM/DRG(MNK)/BRD(MCH)/RDM/AST/SCH for our raid team, not sure if sam can outpace a nin in that slot though with trick attack

Choyi
Aug 18, 2012
Also why the hell is poo poo like Protect and Esuna not baseline spells for all healers? There is never a reason to slot them out, so its not an interesting choice or anything to have them as role abilities.

And the times you'll end up with a pubbie healer who didn't take Esuna and you then die of an otherwise dispellable debuff is going to fun as gently caress

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Choyi posted:

Also why the hell is poo poo like Protect and Esuna not baseline spells for all healers? There is never a reason to slot them out, so its not an interesting choice or anything to have them as role abilities.

And the times you'll end up with a pubbie healer who didn't take Esuna and you then die of an otherwise dispellable debuff is going to fun as gently caress

To be fair a lot of the Role actions are basically "Must haves"

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Choyi posted:

There are a lot of times Esuna is not necessary. A bigger question is if there's something more worthwhile to replace Esuna in that slot.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Velthice posted:

laughinghyur.gifv

webbums only!!!!

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I don't even play scholar and I'm pretty upset at the Bane nerf. What the gently caress are they doing?

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't

Fister Roboto posted:

I don't even play scholar and I'm pretty upset at the Bane nerf. What the gently caress are they doing?

They did say repeatedly during the live letter not to get upset at the exact numbers on tooltips because this is a devbuild.

Choyi
Aug 18, 2012

Stormgale posted:

To be fair a lot of the Role actions are basically "Must haves"

Yes, to be fair the whole Role action system is overall kind of poo poo, there is just too few interesting choices to be made and for some roles there is no choice but just straight up 5 "Must haves" example: Prot, Esuna, Swift, Lucid e4e for healers(with just one of the healers being able to drop Prot in a 8man static).

Like the Cross class system was poo poo too, but this honestly isn't any better.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Choyi posted:

Yes, to be fair the whole Role action system is overall kind of poo poo, there is just too few interesting choices to be made and for some roles there is no choice but just straight up 5 "Must haves" example: Prot, Esuna, Swift, Lucid e4e for healers(with just one of the healers being able to drop Prot in a 8man static).

Like the Cross class system was poo poo too, but this honestly isn't any better.

Don't have to level other classes to get it seems a big plus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Sade posted:

They did say repeatedly during the live letter not to get upset at the exact numbers on tooltips because this is a devbuild.

I'm going to be extremely upset if those numbers go unchanged.

• Locked thread