Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

Barudak posted:

It used to be youd join a monastic tradition of minamalism and isolation and everyone would be jealous of your commitment to prayers in silence.

nowadays you join the meme monastery and DM "kek" to the poor person youre e-stalking

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004
That wife knew what was up, and that's probably the most blatant example of "See honey, I wrote Reddit and said I didn't want to gently caress her" I've seen yet.

Rat Patrol
Feb 15, 2008

kill kill kill kill
kill me now

Clark Nova posted:

I kinda feel sorry for Heidi but dear god, what the hell was she thinking with the miscarriage smalltalk?

Best case scenario: extremely stupid, trying and failing utterly to bond

worst case scenario: extremely cruel and actually interested in the husband, trying to hurt her on purpose

But if she was as bad an employee as this post lets on, the wife's call was probably just the last straw.

I Was The Fury
Oct 19, 2012

Always stop to smell the flowers, just in case they're weeds

My girlfriend (22) decided to rate me (22) in comparison to everyone else in the bar, said I was forth.

quote:

Went out a few nights ago, she got drunk but not super drunk. She then decided to rate me in comparison to everyone else in the bar, I thought she was joking but she wasn't. She eventually tells me that I'm forth, I'm fine with my looks and am a confident person but for her to do this really upset me, doesn't matter if I'm first or last, the idea of doing it is messed up.

Not sure if also relevant but she slapped me later on that night after I apparently stared at another girl, she then took the pissed out of my sister who I get on really well with.

Any advice, she's a really insecure person and does this a lot, this is the first time I've seen her drunk also so it's making me worry a bit, we've been going out for 9 months now and are currently in a ldr.

Thanks.

TLDR girlfriend decided to rate me in comparison to the rest of the bar. Really upset about it. Need advice

Edit - thats for all the advice, reading through it now really means some thing. Sorry if my grammar/language is a bit messy, using my tablet to type.

You don't say...

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!
I'm just waiting for the "girlfriend[17F] ruined my [40M] MtG night by taking forever to have her miscarriage in the bathroom. Somehow I'm the bad guy here." on reddit.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Tender Bender posted:

My[37M] wife[28F], dated 5yrs and married 8mo. slept with her boss.

This one isn't really worth reading but the opening line is killer (they don't have an open relationship)

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

I Was The Fury posted:

My girlfriend (22) decided to rate me (22) in comparison to everyone else in the bar, said I was forth.

You don't say...

I like that he's more upset about the ranking than he is about her hitting him.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

Martha Stewart Undying posted:

sometimes i wonder if the modern world enables people to have mental illnesses like this and that they were killed/had bigger issues to worry about in the pre-modern world

They became hermits or monks or were shut away in little hidden rooms (if you had the wealth) and never mentioned again, except to the trusted servant that fed them. Either that, or jail, an asylum, exile, trial for heresy...Lots of fun ways to go.

There were still plenty of weirdos with extreme anxiety or whatever that were accepted by their communities for some reason, because Goons are eternal.

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

A lot of weirdos got real far too, like Rasputin, Jesus, Vlad the impaler or Hitler

of course they were eventually slain but still

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Fartbox posted:

A lot of weirdos got real far too, like Rasputin, Jesus, Vlad the impaler or Hitler

of course they were eventually slain but still

I'm pretty sure all three of those guys could deal with the sound of a knock on the door without panicking for hours

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

I Was The Fury posted:

I don't really know why this dude is okay with his girlfriend getting super drunk and slapping him in his face and then yelling at his sister. Maybe he's just that desperate.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

that one's also great for Reddit's shut-in protips

quote:

i basically don't answer my door at all if i am not expecting someone
unless i ordered food and am waiting for delivery, or someone texted me they are coming over, the door stays closed

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

I don't really know why this dude is okay with his girlfriend getting super drunk and slapping him in his face and then yelling at his sister. Maybe he's just that desperate.

22 is the new 15, apparently

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

La Brea Carpet posted:

Content:

My wife [38F] got my coworker [26F] because she thinks she likes me [39M]

Hey wife of boss, how's it going with the whole dead baby thing *teehee*

positive, bubbly person who reminds my wife that her baby died the first time they meet (your baby died)

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Panfilo posted:

I'm just waiting for the "girlfriend[17F] ruined my [40M] MtG night by taking forever to have her miscarriage in the bathroom. Somehow I'm the bad guy here." on reddit.

I've seen a guy poo poo his pants and finish his game before

We threw the chair out

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

Finally, the mean drunk fetish has hit mainstream.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Where can I meet these men who I can treat like hecka poopoo

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

Pick posted:

Go find the thread about magic the gathering in whatever games subforum and break all their hearts, as revenge for the last dozen pages of this thread

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Pick posted:

the midwest :wink:

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Pick posted:

If you're lucky that might be his fetish

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Panfilo posted:

"wife ruined my WoW raiding by going into labor and goon group kicked me out because I was trying to stay in the party while in the hospital waiting room" is pretty close I think

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
All I can think of right now is that one Dave secretary story

SO I'M ON THE BUS FOR SOME GODDAMNED REASON AND I AM LISTENING CAREFULLY TO THE CONVERSATION IN FRONT OF ME, HELD BETWEEN THIS BLOWSY SULKY GIRL WHO IS CLEARLY DOMINATING THE SITUATION AND HER 'BOYFRIEND', A SCRAWNY LOOKING MESS NEAR TEARS. THE FOLLOWING IS ALMOST VERBATIM.

SCRAWNY MESS: WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU'VE CHEATED ON ME?!

BLOWSY GIRL: I CHEATED ON YOU.

SCRAWNY MESS: (SNIFFLING MISERABLY) BUT.. BUT.. YOU CHEATED ON ME?

BLOWSY GIRL: (ALMOST INDIGNANTLY) YES.

SCRAWNY MESS: (TEARS FORMING) FOR HOW LONG?

BLOWSY GIRL: (WITH A HINT OF SATISFACTION) ABOUT A YEAR.

SCRAWNY MESS: (TEARS WELLING UP) OHHHHH NOOOO.

SCRAWNY MESS PAUSES TO REFLECT. THE BOY IS A VERITABLE DISTILLERY AT THIS POINT AND YOU CAN JUST TELL SOME SORT OF ULTIMATUM IS COMING. HE MASTERS HIS EMOTIONS AND BECOMES VERY STILL. I AM EXPECTING HIM TO GET ALL KUNG FU ON THIS GIRL. INSTEAD HE TURNS TO HER, WIPES THE TEARS FROM HIS EYES AND SAYS "STRIKE ONE, NANCY... STRIKE ONE."

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Kelp Me! posted:

"wife ruined my WoW raiding by going into labor and goon group kicked me out because I was trying to stay in the party while in the hospital waiting room" is pretty close I think

The real story is slightly less insane. She went into labor, it was going to be a while until she actually popped out a baby, so he brought his laptop. He tries to raid from the hospital while he waited and the raid leader slash wow forum mod yelled at him and refused to take him

The idea of "well poo poo I'm gonna be here a couple hours may as well bring my computer so I can play a game or something" isn't completely insane, this is like the least embarrassing wojtek story

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
oh my god

Brainworm
Mar 23, 2007

...one of these--
As he hath spices of them all, not all,
For I dare so far free him--made him fear'd...
Nap Ghost

Pick posted:

positive, bubbly person who reminds my wife that her baby died the first time they meet (your baby died)

I've seen wannabe next things try to drive the wedge by prodding the current partner into embarrassing overreactions. It's a riff raff move, but might be why the wife thought this girl was interested in her husband.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Brainworm posted:

I've seen wannabe next things try to drive the wedge by prodding the current partner into embarrassing overreactions. It's a riff raff move, but might be why the wife thought this girl was interested in her husband.

That's a total riff raff move and tbh the girl sounds like she was going for it, you got to shut that poo poo down because men are super bad at telling when a girl's made a beeline for their weeline.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

The real story is slightly less insane. She went into labor, it was going to be a while until she actually popped out a baby, so he brought his laptop. He tries to raid from the hospital while he waited and the raid leader slash wow forum mod yelled at him and refused to take him

The idea of "well poo poo I'm gonna be here a couple hours may as well bring my computer so I can play a game or something" isn't completely insane, this is like the least embarrassing wojtek story

he purchased to immediately neglect (while bonding) 2 golden retriever litter mates and then gave them away. guy is a POS who had enough hours/mounts into WoW for a career.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Submarine Sandpaper posted:

he purchased to immediately neglect (while bonding) 2 golden retriever litter mates and then gave them away. guy is a POS who had enough hours/mounts into WoW for a career.

Like I said, it was the least awful wojtek story by far

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Submarine Sandpaper posted:

He was posting about how he was spending 4+ hours a day grinding for a pet in WoW at literally the same time he was posting about crying over giving up his dogs because he didn't have enough time in his day to take care of them.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all
It's hard to tell when a girl wants your dilz when your brain tells you every girl wants your dilz. That's why I thank my Creator for a life of depression and self-loathing. No false positives. Well, a lot less.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Pick posted:

oh my god

What? Just because she's bored doesn't mean I have to be.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

fruit on the bottom posted:

What? Just because she's bored doesn't mean I have to be.

nah the strike one thing

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Pick posted:

nah the strike one thing

it took me so much googling to find it because apparently that dude had everyone pull his stories, i ahd to dig up this ancient penny arcade thread from my youth which is where i saw them the first time

Pvt.Scott posted:

It's hard to tell when a girl wants your dilz when your brain tells you every girl wants your dilz. That's why I thank my Creator for a life of depression and self-loathing. No false positives. Well, a lot less.

ive literally had a girl say she wants my dilz and been like

nahhhhhhh

you're just fuckin with me

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Yes, that is an accurate paraphrasing of exactly what I said, thank you for jumping in to defend another broken nerd's complete inability to prioritize a significant other over playing a game

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Ah yes, the old "damnit how will I entertain myself while my wife undergoes multiple hours of the single most painful experience in her life" argument, that wasn't brought up in the original thread and immediately shot down by a giant chorus of "get in the room and be there for her you loving gigantic manchild"

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
If one player is still way better with the funsie intro decks you can buy, why doesn't the better player take out all their best cards, like the dragons or whatever, to keep it competitive?

Brainworm
Mar 23, 2007

...one of these--
As he hath spices of them all, not all,
For I dare so far free him--made him fear'd...
Nap Ghost

Pick posted:

That's a total riff raff move and tbh the girl sounds like she was going for it, you got to shut that poo poo down because men are super bad at telling when a girl's made a beeline for their weeline.

Counterpoint: we often notice but sometimes play dumb. (Attention is nice.)

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

some people get an epic mount to swan around with and wow your friends, some get a baby, I don't get the big flap just make your choice and stick with it

Brainworm posted:

Counterpoint: we often notice but sometimes play dumb. (Attention is nice.)

When I was in my early 20s I would literally throw away hot girls' phone numbers because I didn't work out what exactly to do with them

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

some people get an epic mount to swan around with and wow your friends, some get a baby, I don't get the big flap just make your choice and stick with it

Don't call your wife the big flap in polite company.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Pick posted:

Don't call your wife the big flap in polite company.

Ey meat flaps! :v:

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Pick posted:

If one player is still way better with the funsie intro decks you can buy, why doesn't the better player take out all their best cards, like the dragons or whatever, to keep it competitive?

:scoff: you want me to intentionally play a bad deck, just so my crybaby girlfriend will actually enjoy herself and not feel intimidated and belittled every time I make her play against me?

Next you'll tell me I should give constructive advice instead of getting immediately frustrated and irate when she makes a rookie mistake!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

When I was in my early 20s I would literally throw away hot girls' phone numbers because I didn't work out what exactly to do with them

you text them and they never respond, hth