Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
In other news, they just made a VR star trek, so expect to see a lot more of those headsets on greybeards with ailments.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Phanatic posted:

Jesus, is that site written by an ESL student?

It's Vancouver; so yeah, probably.

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3aEsiWrTJUA

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Wow, he's never playing again.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 48 hours!)

Lithuanian in under 18 championships vs UK. Guess he was mad at the official

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

More like oldpainl-

Wait.

poo poo.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
A German guy is a bit of a WW2 buff and he builds up a lovely collection of vintage grenades he found at flea markets and stores them in a box in his house. Guess what happens next!
http://www.ksta.de/region/rhein-sieg-bonn/hennef/waffenarsenal-in-hennef--nicht-auszudenken--was-haette-passieren-koennen---26993598
The article is in German but the pictures pretty much tell the story. :v:

No one died, his parents who also lived in the house were the ones who called the authorities, about 70 people were evacuated while the authorities assessed the situation, dude is now being investigated for weapons violations.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Samovar posted:

More like oldpainl-

Wait.

poo poo.
Someone already made that joke a few pages back

I'm a bit salty because I just came up with it myself the other day and have been looking for an opportunity to make it

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Nordick posted:

I'm a bit salty because I just came up with it myself the other day and have been looking for an opportunity to make it

More like nodick!!!1

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

A German guy is a bit of a WW2 buff and he builds up a lovely collection of vintage grenades he found at flea markets and stores them in a box in his house. Guess what happens next!
http://www.ksta.de/region/rhein-sieg-bonn/hennef/waffenarsenal-in-hennef--nicht-auszudenken--was-haette-passieren-koennen---26993598
The article is in German but the pictures pretty much tell the story. :v:

No one died, his parents who also lived in the house were the ones who called the authorities, about 70 people were evacuated while the authorities assessed the situation, dude is now being investigated for weapons violations.

After reading your first sentence I clicked the link and the pictures confirmed everything I imagined.

johnnyratbastard
Nov 9, 2012
https://i.imgur.com/57oG9Hq.gifv

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

http://i.imgur.com/o3JbXG6.gifv

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009

this was a roller coaster

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Trippin balls

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost

ultrabindu posted:

this was a roller coaster

reminds me of an old favourite, drunken Irishman walking up a hill;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuI23zCudKY

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Slugnoid posted:

I'm on mobile, but if this is what I'm thinking of, he really loves that newspaper

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost
a reporter goes to interview a notorious criminal, winds up taking part in a surprise game of Russian roulette;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Er3J1YHCMw

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Nordick posted:

more like oldburnless

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

The fact that he's wearing thongs (flip flops) to a public event makes me think this might be in Australia but the fact that he can't keep them on his feet makes me think he's No True Australian. Aussies wear their thongs so often that their toes automatically grip them and hold them to their feet no matter how hosed up they get, pretty much the same way that birds' feet clamp closed onto the stick they're roosting on when they're asleep.

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

Slugnoid posted:

Irishmen & a sofa https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tex-M3rjDWk

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Kudos on the one guy for saving the little chick. Of course, bad for the baby chick who was welcomed into the world on a frying surface feet deep in the remains of one of its kind.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

Kudos on the one guy for saving the little chick. Of course, bad for the baby chick who was welcomed into the world on a frying surface feet deep in the remains of one of its kind.

Their reactions makes me think this isn't at all unusual. Which is a little disturbing in its own right.

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009

Slugnoid posted:

a reporter goes to interview a notorious criminal, winds up taking part in a surprise game of Russian roulette;

:allbuttons:

jesus christ
goddamn Chopper Read

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

Their reactions makes me think this isn't at all unusual. Which is a little disturbing in its own right.

It was probably a joke.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Solice Kirsk posted:

It was probably a yolk.

FTFY

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
But it actually wasn't, that's the whole point :confused:

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Solice Kirsk posted:

It was probably a joke.

On who by who? Nobody seems to be having fun in that clip, just 3 dudes going about their business.

King of Foolians
Mar 16, 2006
Long live the King!

Is this the reason Trump wants to increase military spending?

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

SpacePig posted:

On who by who? Nobody seems to be having fun in that clip, just 3 dudes going about their business.

Chickens do not come out of the egg all fluffy and poo poo, they are gross and covered in yolk.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

WoodrowSkillson posted:

Chickens do not come out of the egg all fluffy and poo poo, they are gross and covered in yolk.

Right, I didn't even think of that. So the video itself is a joke, not that a joke is being played on someone in the video. I get it. I'm dumb.

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009
well that chicken probably got a little singed, since the other egg started to cook immediately

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.

Unfertilized eggs aren't the "remains" of chickens, they're chicken food.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.
Do you people honestly not know how chicken eggs actually work? That's basic school science poo poo.

Slugnoid posted:

Chopper was really a nut bag for sure. Obviously not loaded but just a fuckwit thing to do.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I just know that eventually they make it to KFC, where they belong.

Out of the egg and into the frying wok.

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

Sagebrush posted:

Unfertilized eggs aren't the "remains" of chickens, they're chicken food.
An egg contains exactly 1 chicken minus a sperm cell, and virtually nothing else. Eating an egg is the same as eating an unhatched chicken except nothing is assembled yet. So...assuming the chick both realized it was a chicken and looked into his embryology, he may very well have been disturbed.

As far as he could tell, these giant monsters may have been molecularly breaking them down fresh from the egg, separating them into some artsy circular design, and cooking them while the next one in line (himself) watched in horror.

SLOSifl has a new favorite as of 17:46 on May 31, 2017

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

SLOSifl posted:

An egg contains exactly 1 chicken minus a sperm cell, and virtually nothing else. Eating an egg is the same as eating an unhatched chicken except nothing is assembled yet. So...assuming the chick both realized it was a chicken and looked into his embryology, he may very well have been disturbed.

Given that the only livestock animal dumber than a horse is a chicken, I think he probably came out of that emotionally intact.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.

SLOSifl posted:

An unfertilized egg contains a chicken in the sense that a bag of dog food contains a dog. It's a bunch of disorganized proteins and fats that by themselves could never turn into a chicken, and a single cell.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Phanatic posted:

Given that the only livestock animal dumber than a horse is a chicken, I think he probably came out of that emotionally intact.

After reading the last page it wouldn't surprise me if a chicken knew more about biology than a goon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Sagebrush posted:

An unfertilized egg contains a chicken in the sense that a bag of dog food contains a dog. It's a bunch of disorganized proteins and fats that by themselves could never turn into a chicken, and a single cell.

More specifically, it *is* a single cell until it is fertilized. That's what an egg is. It's an egg cell, just like in people, and the shell is just a thick and rigid cell membrane. An unfertilized chicken egg is no more a chicken than an unfertilized human egg is a baby.

Decrepus posted:

After reading the last page it wouldn't surprise me if a chicken knew more about biology than a goon.

Yeah. Good point.