Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

also lmao

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

:3:

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

https://twitter.com/dril/status/473265809079693312

missing my sadboytar a little bit

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

:allears:
So good.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

:yeah:

Kopijeger
Feb 14, 2010
Looks like this KaxxCo suddenly became topical:

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Kopijeger posted:

Looks like this KaxxCo suddenly became topical:

Looks like it became tropical

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

Garrison posted:

Kathy Griffin lost her head and went too far. Maybe it was due to the waning popularity the liberal comedienne had been enduring. It may have helped summon the idea for her attention-getting beheading stunt. She got that attention, but her ‘joke’ was spectacularly unfunny.

It has become too commonplace on the left to threaten violence against those with whom they disagree when they should be offering debate. This is especially typical of the ‘Antifa’ mentality. They hurl bike locks first and ask no questions later. If the left continues to promote and encouraging violence, they may get it. We all know the nation is more divided than ever. Despite her apology, Kathy Griffin helped widen that divide.

—Ben Garrison

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Tibalt posted:

Waddya know, I worked 5 years as a shift manager at a (more upscale) fast food joint! When I think about the guest who had trouble with the concept of loyalty cards and chip-insert credit cards... We had a promotion where you'd get a free meal on your loyalty card if you used our mobile app. Have you tried to explain the concept of "apps" to someone over 45, especially if they only use their cell phone as a, well, phone? But yeah, sure, ordering kiosks are the way of the future and you won't need a single actual cashier. Just ask Wal-Mart how the self-checking roll out is going for them!

The ordering kiosks are happening anyway even if we keep minimum wage at $7.25 too.

Crabtree posted:

I mean speaking from experience, Janitor/Bagger/Insert lovely job here SHOULDN'T be inflicted on the young or helpless. These are jobs that are already being replaced in Kroger/etc and are only still around because the technology isn't perfect, old people demand the ability to order around and get uppity at a human cashier or temporary uniformed servant for the sheer power of it and/or the workload isn't helped by automation because there's a loving wave of customers constantly crashing in treating the local super market like a sky-mall. The future is already here and it isn't as effective nor benevolent as we hoped.

But lovely political cartoonist doesn't believe the people ACTUALLY WORKING HARD sweating and doing manual, demeaning labor should get that extra money because then they'd have to see a mechanical slave instead of one of flesh and blood at McDees!

I went to the National Restaurant Association (I HATE having to type the whole thing out, every time) big convention last week, and I had an interesting conversation with a vendor that makes kiosks and menu boards.

He said that in-store self-service kiosks were super hot 2-3 years ago, but that they have largely been a failure; usage rates are far below projections. Why? Well, you can group customers into two basic groups: those who want human interaction, and those who don't. So why haven't the latter been using the kiosks? Because they would much rather order before they get to the store, using a store-specific app. Therefore the mad rush to get custom ordering apps out, as kiosks languish.

The only ordering app that I regularly use is the Starbucks app, they did a great job with that.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Garrison posted:

They hurl bike locks first and ask no questions later.

Good one.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

I get bothered any time people mention something wrong with the National Prayer Breakfast which isn't "it is organized by a literal cult."

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

lol at Garrison – loving GARRISON – complaining about a (has-been) celeb being mean.

Neo-Nazis hurling slurs and threats to people on Twitter? MBMBMBMBMBMUT M'FREESPEECH

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

quote:

Zyklon Ben Kenobi Garrison:

Kathy Griffin lost her head and went too far. Maybe it was due to the waning popularity the liberal comedienne had been enduring.
It may have helped summon the idea for her attention-getting beheading stunt. She got that attention, but her ‘joke’ was spectacularly unfunny.
"So anyway, check out my hilariously graphic illustration of Kathy Griffin losing her head and be sure to leave me more than 3 friggin' comments on my blog posts. Kthnx"

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Love the "comedienne" bit. Le Pen didn't win the elections, so French words are an insult again.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

A lot of longform Nib comics hold this middle ground I dislike immensely. They don't have anything to say to people who are familiar with the subject, and they're far too long (and most importantly, lacking in actual point) as an introduction for people who haven't go a clue.

Christianity and Capitalism have long been intertwined in America? No loving poo poo. How about you try telling me something I don't know or (better yet) drawing some sort of actionable conclusion?

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Surely this will ruin Kathy Griffin's career!

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

I was so gung-ho to see Griffin's latest film, but boy howdy now I don't think I will.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Who is she and what'd she (allegedly) do?

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
A comedian, released a press photo w/ her holding up trump's bloody, decapitated head.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Political Correctness Run Amuck!

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

Regalingualius posted:

She offended some snowflakes.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Unless I'm gravely mistaken, this is trending really well with the young.

Xenoveritas
May 9, 2010
Dinosaur Gum

Regalingualius posted:

She did a photoshoot where she held up a decapitated and bloody head of Trump. Just Google it if you want to see it, it's not hard to find.

She got exactly what she wanted out of it, too: people are talking about her again.

Edit: Oh, and the Secret Service is now investigation her, so she accomplished that, too.

Xenoveritas fucked around with this message at 17:23 on May 31, 2017

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Mr. Squishy posted:

A comedian, released a press photo w/ her holding up trump's bloody, decapitated head.

To be fair, it's not Trump's real head.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

So much for the tolerant left.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Potato Salad posted:

Unless I'm gravely mistaken, this is trending really well with the young.

No, everything the left does is a huge failure and everything Trump does is a huge success.

Obama could cure death and Garrison would draw him slipping on a banana peel marked "stupid death cure".

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

She went too far! :qq:

Now let me tell you how we're too politically correct these days and SJW snowflakes keep getting offended.

Skippy Granola
Sep 3, 2011

It's not what it looks like.
It's got everyone talking about the guillotine and I think that's A-OK

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Anyone in the media reporting on that lame "story" and not juxtaposing it with the endless bloody effigies of Obama or Hillary is being intentionally dishonest.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

"Kathy Griffin went too far!"

But bragging about grabbing women by the pussy and making fun of a handicapped journalist? You're just a liberal snowflake!

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

Horrible Lurkbeast posted:

So much for the tolerant left.
literally
https://twitter.com/GrrrGraphics/status/869653436635074560

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

"The warmth of life has entered my tomb!"
Aww. Did the mean lady hurt your feelings, Garrison?

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
Don't doxx me.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

it doesnt even look like a real head

Xenoveritas
May 9, 2010
Dinosaur Gum
Yeah, when I first saw the picture, I thought it was a melting Jello cast of someone's head with a Trump wig slapped on top.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Remember how much the right wing noise machine complained when someone in the Game of Thrones prop dept said one of the fake heads they had laying around was of George W even though you could never tell because it had a wig and never faced the camera? They sure need a safe space.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

There are many things I hate about Trump, but I will never forgive him for forcing me to support Kathy Griffin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Xenoveritas posted:

Yeah, when I first saw the picture, I thought it was a melting Jello cast of someone's head with a Trump wig slapped on top.
but enough about Trump

• Locked thread