Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Breidr
Jan 9, 2016

Scent of Worf posted:

Wow this game looks like a really bad moba.

I liked Heroes of the Storm, therefore I should like this game, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

Breidr posted:

Read this whole thread. Can't tell if game is good or bad.

All I know is that I can pay $100 for a yak and a horse.

Don't forget if you die you lose that $100 yak and horse :)

Breidr
Jan 9, 2016

Keegers posted:

That's the only thing really off putting about this game. That lovely "hardcore full loot" system. No care bears allowed.

It's really the only thing keeping me on the fence. Get gear so you can pvp. Lose at pvp. Grind pve so you can pvp. It seems rather backwards.

I would have been fine with a partial loot system, but full seems a bit excessive. I realize I can stay in yellow zones, but what about the rest of the game?

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Breidr posted:

That's the only thing really off putting about this game. That lovely "hardcore full loot" system. No care bears allowed.

It's really the only thing keeping me on the fence. Get gear so you can pvp. Lose at pvp. Grind pve so you can pvp. It seems rather backwards.

I would have been fine with a partial loot system, but full seems a bit excessive. I realize I can stay in yellow zones, but what about the rest of the game?

They have hosed with the game so much I don't even know where they stand on the loot system but It seems like more of the game has restricted loot then full loot these days.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
remove yellow zones they're a joke anyway. make the yellows a red zone

the only thing black has is its no notification of groups of 10 or more people on the minimap (as is)
red zones no longer tell you how many hostiles exist in the zone

only let gallop work on roads, and if you change directions on the road you lose gallop for 5 seconds.
damage to mounted people bleeds through to their hp again
introduce lots of long duration moderate effect slows into the game (poison arrow is a 15% slow over 12 seconds)
if you're in combat you're locked from running into another zone

T1-T4 is available in blue zones, T5-7.1 are available in the red.
T7.2+ are available in the black zones

Breidr
Jan 9, 2016

So, since this game is B2P and quite a few of you own it already, so you think there will be a good guild at launch?

Suxpool
Nov 20, 2002
I want something good to die for...to make it beautiful to live

Keegers posted:

Is there a good weapon for dismounting?

for solo the only weapon i know of is warbow but you have to grind it to like 70 to unlock speed shot

if you have 2 people though you can basically run down anything if you can get an autoattack on it with double bladed staff + hunter shoes, and hold it long enough for your buddy with claws to catch up and lock it down

Breidr posted:

So, since this game is B2P and quite a few of you own it already, so you think there will be a good guild at launch?

there will be a goon guild at launch that none of us expect to last past a few weeks because goons are dickheads

that said if you plan on playing and want an in to a good guild there are various goons who can hook you up

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Keegers posted:

But you get to keep the placeholder for the custom house that will only be seen by you on your private island, that has to be built up just like everything else. :dance:

Suxpool
Nov 20, 2002
idk why you nerds talk about losing your 100$ yak and horse if you die like it's a bad thing

why the gently caress did this game ever interest you if not for full loot pvp

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

Suxpool posted:

idk why you nerds talk about losing your 100$ yak and horse if you die like it's a bad thing

why the gently caress did this game ever interest you if not for full loot pvp

Aren't the horse and yak t3? If so they are worth like 5ksilver in a couple days after launch, even less as time goes on.

Suxpool
Nov 20, 2002

Keegers posted:

Aren't the horse and yak t3? If so they are worth like 5ksilver in a couple days after launch, even less as time goes on.

yeah basically

gonna kill so many founder horses on day 1

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
its good

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
its bad but im going to be honest im probably going to play on release for a bit, ill probs just see what kind of guild I can find and just harvest for them or something

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe
I just wish I could change my login so I can sell my legendary founder account. :(

Suxpool
Nov 20, 2002
just play its a fun game

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

Fog Tripper posted:

I just wish I could change my login so I can sell my legendary founder account. :(

ill buy it from you for 3 dollars paypal

Suxpool
Nov 20, 2002
http://staging.albiononline.com/

june 7 patch notes for this fun game

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe
Free mount for completing the tutorial, lol.

forge
Feb 26, 2006
Some seriously decent changes in there.. Looks like all my bitching didn't go for nothing.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

same but my bitching instead

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
Is the game good yet?

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Kylra posted:

Is the game good yet?

they effectively removed the infamy system, so yes, close enough

forge
Feb 26, 2006

Kylra posted:

Is the game good yet?

no

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Kylra posted:

Is the game good yet?

lol

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

after firing up the ole analysis machine, ive found that the game is good

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

Blazing Zero posted:

after firing up the ole analysis machine, ive found that the game is good

:thunk:

Breidr
Jan 9, 2016

Only annoying bit I can see is pretty much locking T8 resources behind big guilds. I don't know how bad that is either, so yeah.

Having not actually played the game I can't tell what's good and bad, but I guess if we get enough goons it will be okay. That's my impression. Big guilds dominate pvp games, who knew?

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

so youre gonna gm the goon guild? thanks for volunteering

Breidr
Jan 9, 2016

Blazing Zero posted:

so youre gonna gm the goon guild? thanks for volunteering

I'm sure the position comes with a nice salary and benefits?

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Suxpool posted:

just play its a fun game

wow rude

dont tell me to "just play"

now otoh if u said

"please play, its a fun game."

but i wont because your constant demands and this and that :negative:

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k
This game is really, really, really, really something.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

2DCAT posted:

This game is really, really, really, really something.

bad?

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

whoa hold yer horses buddy

give it a chance, its only alpha of the beta of the delta version

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
*polishes turd*

Albion Online is good now imo

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k

No... What's the word I'm looking for? This game is very, very, very, very covfefe.

Suxpool
Nov 20, 2002
i fear the biggest challenge to enjoying this game is going to be (emotionally) dealing w/ the other goons playing it

Turd Herder
May 21, 2008

BALLCOCK BALLCOCK BALLCOCK BALLCOCK

Suxpool posted:

i fear the biggest challenge to enjoying this game is going to be (emotionally) dealing w/ the other goons playing it

And washing old PoopSocks

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Suxpool posted:

agreed, game good. goons BAD

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

if you look deep inside, youll find the albion was there all along

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Blazing Zero posted:

if you look deep inside, youll find the albion was there all along

No, the Tree of Life was. And it is horrifying.

• Locked thread