Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Was playing Rising Storm 2 and I managed to shoot down a Huey with an RPG. It was an incredibly satisfying moment and I'm upset I didn't record it and KFFF didn't see it happen.

I also got to watch a helicopter lose its tail and autorotate around the map while the pilot screamed over the voice chat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
2nd kill ever i shot the pilot of a huey as he was touching down. chopper lost control and ended up on its side, but the doorgunner had an angle on me and split my wig

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Nostalgia4Murder posted:

I keep almost buying the Crash Bandicoot remaster. I'm afraid that adult me won't like it nearly as much as kid me.

If you're worried, wait for them to go on sale, because they eventually will.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
FOR some reason discord just wants to do this blue square and i cant open the actual chat part???

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

CHICKEN SHOES posted:

FOR some reason discord just wants to do this blue square and i cant open the actual chat part???

What

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
I DONT KNOW

here is wordy rapping hood

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Vl1m5FYlAo

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Amazon has Dirt 4 for 46 bucks shipped for prime members

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I'm way late to the hype train because $60 for a video game just seems too much for me, but Fallout 4 and MGSV are $20 each now so I bought both so I have something to kill boredom over the summer.

I got Fallout 4 a few days ago and maybe I didn't play it long enough but it was kind of boring and just looks like last gen graphics at some points.

Then I got MGSV yesterday and goddamn, compared to this I wasn't wrong about Fallout 4 at all. This has been a blast from the get go. That little intro mission was loving sweeeeeeeet.

Oh and Fallout 4 sucks because it made me not like a dog and THAT is just unacceptable.

E: there were a few times when I said "stupid loving dog!" to the tv and Monty thought i was talking to him so I had to dismiss the dog to the city because I can't control my outbursts :(

boop the snoot fucked around with this message at 19:11 on May 31, 2017

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003
Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

DD is the better of the two but Dogmeat can open containers that you can't and can find poo poo so if you're early game or take the perks for him he's very useful. Bethesda being bethesda you have to talk to him to call him a good boy to get him to do stuff instead of the easy to use context menu TPP has. The detective and newspaper girl have a lot to say when you travel, but goddamn did they make the dweller sound like a dweeb. Except in the silver shroud questline, if you get that far do that one completely in character, totally worth it.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

DD never walked through a bunch of trip mines blowing my rear end up, and he has a :krad: stealth suit

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Fallout 4 was the first game I ever figured out VPN poo poo to unlock early. I was full on kid at Christmas excited as it started unpacking, then an hour-ish later into the game the honeymoon phase was already over :(

New Vegas remains the best modern Fallout, Todd Howard is a lying poo poo runt and it bums me the gently caress out to know that Bethesda deliberately hosed with Obsidian during New Vegas' development to ensure they put out a bad product and make it easier to keep the rights forever :mad:

Also yes DD is the best video game dog. I should reinstall MGSV and use one of those cheat mods cause lmao gently caress the grind to unlock the B/A/S level gear.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

I love Fallout 4. Your opinions are making me sad.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Fallout 4 isn't a bad game by any stretch. It just feels like it was made for last gen platforms and is at times boring to me. My play style doesn't help I'm sure (I gravitate to sneaking and being stealthy and poo poo). I also hate fast travel. I enjoy running around open world games. But the terrain in Fallout 4 just isn't interesting enough (because it looks like it was made for last gen) to warrant trekking through it from one objective to another.

But like I said maybe I didn't play long enough. New Vegas was the same way for the first several hours as well, but then got pretty drat good.

Oh and it's also buggy as poo poo.

I also tried PS Now. $19/mo for like 400 games. Unfortunately, the games stream and my 25mbps internet apparently isn't enough to stop controller lag (but I've read that all connection speeds have the same issue to some degree). I cancelled it before the trial was up. It has a lot of potential it just needs some fixing.

boop the snoot fucked around with this message at 20:43 on May 31, 2017

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

I love Fallout 4. Your opinions are making me sad.

Sorry guy, I got too mad at video games :shobon:

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different
FO4 was a sort of a mixed bag for me. I deffo got my money's worth out of the base game + season pass, but after New Vegas the writing was just so... bland. Some of the locations were loving awesome, though. The first time I went through the Glowing Sea was a terrifying and oppressive slog, and I still love the atmosphere of that place. That said, I guess it shouldn't be too surprising that the world of FO4 is the main attraction, and not the story since it is a Bethesda game.

EDIT: Also:

Missionary Positron fucked around with this message at 21:41 on May 31, 2017

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Yeah the Glowing Sea was cool, as was that weird floating dock thing full of raiders. Beyond that though, I'm really scratching my brain trying to remember interesting areas :(

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different

Capn Beeb posted:

Yeah the Glowing Sea was cool, as was that weird floating dock thing full of raiders. Beyond that though, I'm really scratching my brain trying to remember interesting areas :(

The USS Constitution filled with insane robots who were desperate to GO KILL COMMIES on the high seas, but were stuck on the roof of a cruddy bank was fantastic. Probably my favorite quest in the game, with one of the best quest endings in any Fallout game ever.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

Missionary Positron posted:

The USS Constitution filled with insane robots who were desperate to GO KILL COMMIES on the high seas, but were stuck on the roof of a cruddy bank was fantastic. Probably my favorite quest in the game, with one of the best quest endings in any Fallout game ever.

This is an actual fact and I love that I found it just by randomly stumbling upon it after hearing robots icing some raiders nearby.

Also I enjoyed building my own settlements.

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003
Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

I loved it and got my monies worth out of it, especially the violence and dismemberment. You can tell they had some crossover with the DOOM team. But the writing is still very Bethesda which means sidequests are better written and acted than the main story.

I really hated the way the PC sounded most of the time and I liked male Shepard. Those moments when you're just wandering and find and clear a raider or mutant base are great though. I'd kill for an unholy lovechild between TPP and FO4 with NV's writing. Also kinda liked building up settlements a bit, especially equipping up my settlers to the point where I'd just show up for a raid and watch assholes die to my recruits and turrets. Only occasionally losing recruits to rocket turrets and that one bastard that keeps finding out where I hid the fatman and ammo.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Missionary Positron posted:

Oh yeah that was a good one, plus the special weapon you got afterwards was pretty silly :haw:

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
The RPG in Rising Storm 2 is easily the best I've ever encountered in any game. The sheer number of accidental backblast teamkills I've pulled off is incredible and ever increasing.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
People LOVE to stand behind anyone with an RPG. And then don't forgive the tk. It's cool when I get a double then single tk from backblast and have to wait almost a minute to respawn.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
a good soldier yells "back blast area clear" :)

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
he was shouting that last night, but only over discord

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Commander asks squad leaders over voice to mark areas for fire support
Squad leader marks area for fire support and tells commander over voice
Commander requests fire support and tells team over voice what fire support is coming and where it's going to hit, at the same time the map updates to let the team know where it's going to hit
Idiot teammates not paying attention run into zone about to be flattened by artillery/beat down by Spooky/blazed by napalm and ignore several people calling them out on voice
Fire support comes in and teamkills idiots that don't listen
Idiots that don't listen try to vote kick the commander

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

CHICKEN SHOES posted:

a good soldier yells "back blast area clear" :)

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

he was shouting that last night, but only over discord

I felt like a nerd and decided against it because gently caress pubbies

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
commander lenny from of mice and men getting all confused after the team was pissed at him for calling arty in on friendly positions last night was pretty funny

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

commander lenny from of mice and men getting all confused after the team was pissed at him for calling arty in on friendly positions last night was pretty funny

Duhhhh I'm calling artillery guys? Where's the artillery guys?

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

God drat calling in the hand of god to smite the enemy is fun and good.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

ded posted:

God drat calling in the hand of god to smite the enemy is fun and good.

Hop in the discord and play with KFFF and me https://discord.gg/wTgaVxm

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
so this happened

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnUdWCWWGTw

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Holy poo poo, that rules

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
He also had this happen to him

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSmpqqie_Fw

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

tweet that at mattis

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Capn Beeb posted:

FO4 had a lot of really interesting areas but a lot of them either didn't have quests, had lovely quests, or were otherwise underutilized. I remember coming across this old nursing home full of skeletons that still had robots trying to take care of them. Interesting idea but beyond that it was just a lovely area to loot. Also whoever created the minutemen faction and their storyline should be fired. There should have been way more quests for children of atom, atom cats etc.

Its actually a really cool world with interesting places just not enough ways to interact with them beyond looting them and killing the people in them. I feel like Bethesda always kinda has this problem though. I remember in skyrim there was this hosed up town called Hackdirt that had a lovecraft feel to it and I just remember for how cool an idea it was and the effort put into the setting and background of the town, the actual quest was incredibly boring in comparison.

PookBear fucked around with this message at 09:16 on Jun 1, 2017

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Jesus the Minuteman poo poo sucked so hard. Settlements were garbage since raids SPAWN IN THE MIDDLE OF YOUR loving BASE so those elaborate defenses you designed? Worthless!

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

yeah everything about the minutemen was boring as poo poo. The civilians were annoying, the companion dude is annoying. No wonder they all died. Its a g od drat boyscout, mopey mother fuckers that just cry, and an old crackhead

nullscan
May 28, 2004

TO BE A BOSS YOU MUST HAVE HONOR! HONOR AND A PENIS!

Actually replaying it now modded to hell and back. I've always went with the railroad, maybe this time I'll try the brotherhood.

There's a crazy mod called Frost that sets you up just after the war and there's more life to the random areas, but it's really frikkin hard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

Atom Cats owned bones and I would've been happy to use them as my primary faction