Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Dexo posted:

On the other hand Bulma queen of the Sayains

How many does he kill for attempting to jump on Bulma before they give up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
Bulma, the scientist. Get lost Bardock

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Maybe Bulma uses the time machine to become that scientist??

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Bulma uses time travel to become Bardock?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
That would make DragonBall so much weirder

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
That is possible with how time ravel works in DB yeah

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
Bulma uses the time machine to go to the past and tell Beerus to tell Frieza to destroy planet Vegeta, forever cementing her position as Queen of All Saiyans

lezard_valeth fucked around with this message at 05:51 on May 31, 2017

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Ok. Ok get thi- no sit down listen get this.

Yamcha tags along as an illegal 11th.
He somehow survives.
He gets a wish on the Super Dragon Balls.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Puar transforms into Freeza.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
Oolong would've been really useful for confusing people and setting up eliminations. Free the pig 2017.

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

CharlestheHammer posted:

That is possible with how time ravel works in DB yeah

Wouldnt someone on Planet Vegeta need to have time traveled to create that rift that sucked Bardock through it??

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Kild posted:

Puar transforms into Freeza.

Freiza backstabs Yamcha and takes the wish

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

RBX posted:

More people watched DB during the Frieza Saga than Cell by a mile. Those repeats were a meme before we knew what memes were.

counterpoint: imma firin mah lazor

Lupus Rufus
Aug 11, 2008

Prepare for trouble!

And make it a double!

Cease to Hope posted:

counterpoint: imma firin mah lazor

countercounterpoint: gently caress that meme it belongs in the meme grave

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Hot take: DBZAbridged Cell is the best Cell and he's still not as good as DBZAbridged Freeza.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Pureauthor posted:

Hot take: DBZAbridged Cell is the best Cell and he's still not as good as DBZAbridged Freeza.

I'm not willing to call that until we see how he deals with Gohan.

Freeza was at his best when having to deal with Goku and all of his utter bullshit.

If Cell just gets pissy then yeah, Freeza will remain superior villain.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Lupus Rufus posted:

countercounterpoint: gently caress that meme it belongs in the meme grave

i mean i agree, i'm just pointing out the kind of impact cell saga had when it was a bit more contemporary

Lupus Rufus
Aug 11, 2008

Prepare for trouble!

And make it a double!

Cease to Hope posted:

i mean i agree, i'm just pointing out the kind of impact cell saga had when it was a bit more contemporary

wasnt that meme created waaaay after the cell games had aired tho?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Pureauthor posted:

Honestly Perfect Cell is boring. He was at his best as Imperfect Cell.

:yikes:

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

the only reason I'd want cell back is because perfect cell's va is great in the english dub

this is also why I'm still cool with frieza sticking around, incidentally

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Perfect Cell's one personality trait is 'implacable smugness' and he loses any momentum in the plot once he reaches his final form and stands in a field for a week, I've never really been a fan and I suspect more than a little of his current appreciation is due to his DBZA version and Xenoverse appearances where (as I understand?) he's a much more fun and goofy character. Imperfect Cell the revolting genocide rapist lizard monster is the best thing Toriyama did with the character and I'd love to see a world where the suits let him be the arc villain instead.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

Cell is my personal favourite in terms of Z villains, largely because of the voice actor, but it's Norio Wakamoto instead. Seriously thought Imperfect Cell would be silent until he just started talking to Piccolo and it took me aback, it was a beautiful moment.

But no-one in their right minds would object to the point that Freeza is a vastly more important villain character that ties to main cast in a much more fundamental way. Cell was a one-off, and honestly, I think we should be spared every old villain being brought back in an attempt to maintain relevance. Just because a character was cool doesn't mean that bringing them back is going to work out well.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Couldn't they use the Dragon Balls to wish Frieza good? I mean it made a dog king, surely it can make some rear end in a top hat be incapable of betraying Son Goku.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

TFRazorsaw posted:

Bulma uses time travel to become Bardock?

Bulma uses time travel to marry Bardock and gives birth to Goku.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Freakazoid_ posted:

Bulma uses time travel to marry Bardock and gives birth to Goku.
When did Kotaro Uchikoshi start writing Dragon Ball?

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Nessus posted:

Couldn't they use the Dragon Balls to wish Frieza good? I mean it made a dog king, surely it can make some rear end in a top hat be incapable of betraying Son Goku.

Frieza is too high level to be messed with by the Dragonballs. He would make his saving throw easily.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

YF-23 posted:

But no-one in their right minds would object to the point that Freeza is a vastly more important villain character that ties to main cast in a much more fundamental way. Cell was a one-off, and honestly, I think we should be spared every old villain being brought back in an attempt to maintain relevance. Just because a character was cool doesn't mean that bringing them back is going to work out well.

I agree, but we're in a weird situation where 3 out of the four main DBZ villains are part of the hero cast, if not at the same time since Freeza replaced Buu. Cell is the only one that gets excluded, and I can only guess is because Japan dislikes him.

Freeza being brought back is dumb anyways and I'm sad we didn't get more cool Buu shenanigans.

Nessus posted:

The Dragon Balls can't grant wishes beyond the power of their creators. Freeza is literally, 100% evil, with no good in him. It's far beyond what someone like Dende could change.

AtheistMantis
Oct 5, 2014

Blaze Dragon posted:

I agree, but we're in a weird situation where 3 out of the four main DBZ villains are part of the hero cast, if not at the same time since Freeza replaced Buu. Cell is the only one that gets excluded, and I can only guess is because Japan dislikes him.

Freeza being brought back is dumb anyways and I'm sad we didn't get more cool Buu shenanigans.

The Dragon Balls can't grant wishes beyond the power of their creators. Freeza is literally, 100% evil, with no good in him. It's far beyond what someone like Dende could change.

What if Yamcha wished on the dragon balls to have the body of Freeza?

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012

AtheistMantis posted:

What if Yamcha wished on the dragon balls to have the body of Freeza?

Obviously he should wish for Zenkai, then he'll catch up in no time

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Rutibex posted:

Frieza is too high level to be messed with by the Dragonballs. He would make his saving throw easily.

Dragonballs are only limited wish
So yeah

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Dragonballs are only limited wish
So yeah

Not the super dragon balls.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Blaze Dragon posted:

I agree, but we're in a weird situation where 3 out of the four main DBZ villains are part of the hero cast

The "heroes" cast that consists of original Dragonball villains :v:

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Rutibex posted:

The "heroes" cast that consists of original Dragonball villains :v:

Well yeah, it's Dragon Ball. If you're a good guy, it's almost definitive you were a bad guy at some point (Piccolo, Tenshinhan, Vegeta, 17, 18), or are currently a bad guy (Goku, Freeza).

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I assume that 17 and 18 basically fill the Cell niche since they are part of him but without the rear end in a top hat.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Blaze Dragon posted:

or are currently a bad guy (Goku

:allears: I'm so glad that the Tournament of Power has allowed us to have this conversation in the foreground.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Blaze Dragon posted:

Well yeah, it's Dragon Ball. If you're a good guy, it's almost definitive you were a bad guy at some point (Piccolo, Tenshinhan, Vegeta, 17, 18), or are currently a bad guy (Goku, Freeza).

Hell, technically almost every friend Goku has now originally tried to kill him at one point (including Bulma).

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

So does this mean that Krillin is Goku's best friend because he never tried to kill him, or is he a bad friend for never trying to kill Goku?

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Peewi posted:

So does this mean that Krillin is Goku's best friend because he never tried to kill him, or is he a bad friend for never trying to kill Goku?

He threw a rock at his head that one time

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Krillin was a dick as a kid when he first met Goku

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Kelp Plankton posted:

Krillin was a dick as a kid when he first met Goku

True, so who does that leave who hasn't tried to kill and/or generally been a dick to him then? Just Roshi, Trunks, Gohan and Goten (and I guess Mr. Satan and Videl too)? Hating Goku at first just seems to be kind of a rite of passage for most of the characters in this series.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 19:28 on May 31, 2017

• Locked thread