Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Total Party Kill
Aug 25, 2005

Sesq posted:

Does Franken actually have a new book coming out?

Yes, but he's not running for president. ;)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

sean10mm posted:

Your having a nervous breakdown because we haven't assassinated Trump yet was the height of comedy for sure.

that was (a) not the point I was trying to make, (b) happened because I was angry rather than attempting to be funny and (c) I'm glad you follow my posting career so closely "sean10mm"

Senf
Nov 12, 2006

PerniciousKnid posted:

Is this nonsense to anyone else?

Ted Cruz or his tweet?

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

https://twitter.com/frankthorp/status/869980346472726528

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

botany posted:

that was (a) not the point I was trying to make, (b) happened because I was angry rather than attempting to be funny and (c) I'm glad you follow my posting career so closely "sean10mm"

I don't know whats worse. Bad posters in this thread, or posters like Botany who only posts about posters he doesn't like and how badly they post.

Surely the worst thing of all though is this very post.

I guess the take away is shut the gently caress up botany, you don't get to tell us what we can and can't talk about in the Trump thread. If people choose to make dumb jokes about trump, cool, if people choose to talk seriously about trump, cool. So shut the gently caress up or talk about trump.

Covfefe.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

You know, if you told me that Ted Cruz still does Austin Powers impressions on the regular, I wouldn't even bat an eye.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

Knifegrab posted:

I don't know whats worse. Bad posters in this thread, or posters like Botany who only posts about posters he doesn't like and how badly they post.

Surely the worst thing of all though is this very post.

I guess the take away is shut the gently caress up botany, you don't get to tell us what we can and can't talk about in the Trump thread. If people choose to make dumb jokes about trump, cool, if people choose to talk seriously about trump, cool. So shut the gently caress up or talk about trump.

Covfefe.

i don't know man, better make a joke about the orb too to really capture the zeitgeist here, watch the lols roll in

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum
Shut up about your book series that's never getting finished and start stabbing nazis.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
What is covfefe

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Jaxyon posted:

posters calling a PoC "homes" because they got yelled at for obsessing about fantasy references ITT

I called him that because it's a word I use while talking conversationally, and for no other reason. If either of you were offended by my using it, I apologize.

Also, I didn't get yelled at by a rational person calling for order, the thread got yelled at by someone because the thread isn't being serious enough for them. This thread, and it's predecessor, have always been as humorous as they were informative.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

Boris Galerkin posted:

What is covfefe

indeed

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

I wish I could tear him apart!

BRISTOL PALINS BABY posted:

Yes, but he's not running for president. ;)

Oh good. Speaking of books and Franken not running for President, I really enjoyed Why Not Me? back in the day. It's a fictionalized story of him running and inexplicably winning the 2000 Presidential race, mostly focused on the primary against Gore. I should go back and how it compares/contrasts to the 2016 race.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

Sesq posted:

Does Franken actually have a new book coming out?

quote:

Since coming to the Senate, Al Franken has taken great pains to be seen as a serious lawmaker and not the goofy “Saturday Night Live”-writing comedian he once was.

But old habits die hard. In his new book, “Giant of the Senate,” Franken reveals that he hasn’t left his comedy-crafting days behind. In one passage, he relays a story about his fellow Minnesota Democrat, Sen. Amy Klobuchar, preparing a funny monologue to perform at the Gridiron club’s annual white-tie dinner.

The club, made up of elite Beltway media types, invites politicos from both sides of the aisle to deliver joke-filled remarks, and Klobuchar decided to run one of her punchlines by its target, Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Tex.). Cruz, a onetime presidential aspirant who is famously disliked by his colleagues. In fact, Franken devotes an entire chapter of his book to his distaste for the man he calls a “toxic coworker … the Dwight Schrute of the U.S. Senate.”

According to Franken, here’s how Klobuchar described the bit to Cruz (bear in mind that this was in 2013, when the infamous Carnival “poop cruise” was all over cable news): “When most people think of a difficult cruise, they think of Carnival. But we Democrats in the Senate think of Ted.” Cruz suggested she replace “difficult” with the softer “challenging” before finally allowing that she should “go ahead and tell your joke.”

Franken was irritated — both by what he called Cruz’s “patronizing” attitude toward his colleague, and by the pulled punch of a joke. So he suggested to Cruz his own rewrite: “When most people think of a cruise that’s full of poo poo, they think of Carnival. But we think of Ted.”

“And there went Ted’s smile,” Franken writes. “For once, he had no words.”

Calef
Aug 21, 2007

Boris Galerkin posted:

What is covfefe

The inflection point after which things only got worse.

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum

Boris Galerkin posted:

What is covfefe

It's not anything. It's a typo, a stroke, or brain degeneration that Trump made in a tweet, deleted hours later, then made another tweet pretending it meant anything. Hate-filled idiots and self-interested vultures have, as always, rushed to his defense. It's meaningless, and anyone claiming otherwise has outed themselves as caring more about loyalty to a senile traitor than they care about other human beings.

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

Calef posted:

The inflection point after which things only got worse.

There seem to be a lot of those lately :smith:

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Was gonna post this.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Boris Galerkin posted:

What is covfefe

A question that future scholars will no doubt ask themselves when they find it carved into the trunk of a tree after America has mysteriously vanished off of the face of the earth.

titanium
Mar 11, 2004

NONE SHALL PASS!

Lote posted:

William Henry Harrison

I just wanted to make an Airforce One joke bruv.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

This makes me want to vote for him a lot more

LaserShark
Oct 17, 2007

It's over, idiot. You're gonna die here and now, and the last words out of your mouth will have been 'poop train.'

Fart City posted:

A question that future scholars will no doubt ask themselves when they find it carved into the trunk of a tree after America has mysteriously vanished off of the face of the earth.

Covfefe is love. Covfefe is bliss. Covfefe is ruination and withering of the soul.

Covfefe is all.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/ABC/status/869769678708658176

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Boris Galerkin posted:

What is covfefe

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Covfefe is already as annoying as the Harambe meme got, despite being less than 24 hours old.

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

titanium posted:

I just wanted to make an Airforce One joke bruv.

I just wanted to make a William Henry Harrison joke. The curse of Tippecanoe needs to endure.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Fart City posted:

This is just the best deep dive.

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

LaserShark posted:

Covfefe is love. Covfefe is bliss. Covfefe is ruination and withering of the soul.

Covfefe is all.

https://twitter.com/OfficialRCCola/status/869905135505473536

RC Cola.

Mide
Jun 2, 2009
Out of all the bad/hilarious jokes made in this thread, how is a comparison with Game of Thrones the one thing that drives someone over the edge?

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

Mide posted:

Out of all the bad/hilarious jokes made in this thread, how is a comparison with Game of Thrones the one thing that drives someone over the edge?

Every one of us is one event away from that

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Mide posted:

Liberals have been comparing politics to fantasy bullshit for years and it's infuriating. Consider yourself lucky if you missed the Dumbledore's army garbage after the election.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
Spicer's off-camera press gaggle is starting soon

Piell fucked around with this message at 19:39 on May 31, 2017

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

Sinteres posted:

Liberals have been comparing politics to fantasy bullshit for years and it's infuriating.

https://twitter.com/kbecker66becker/status/869912482097135616

https://twitter.com/OfficialRCCola/status/869917328431042560

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

lo

l

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

I didn't know RC cola still existed. Thats some amazing shade.

Ceiling fan
Dec 26, 2003

I really like ceilings.
Dead Man’s Band

Sesq posted:

Oh good. Speaking of books and Franken not running for President, I really enjoyed Why Not Me? back in the day. It's a fictionalized story of him running and inexplicably winning the 2000 Presidential race, mostly focused on the primary against Gore. I should go back and how it compares/contrasts to the 2016 race.

Ctrl+h "Al Franken" and "Donald Trump" and you are pretty much there. That book got Poe's lawed hard.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

Sinteres posted:

Liberals have been comparing politics to fantasy bullshit for years and it's infuriating. Consider yourself lucky if you missed the Dumbledore's army garbage after the election.

Liberals or Internet nerds?

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Holy poo poo

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Worst timeline

Kekekela
Oct 28, 2004

Fluffdaddy posted:

Or it's just stupid to compare real life to loving pop fantasy books like a 12 year old child

Thanks for stopping by to bitch about things, Something Awful forums poster Fluffdaddy, we'll try to keep it 24/7 serious for you from here on in... like big boys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

ok when you're getting dunked on by RC COLA that's pretty bad

• Locked thread