Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
That's not the real RC Cola twitter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Holy gently caress.

Well done.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

That's not the real RC Cola twitter.

Uh but it says it's official right in the name.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

I didn't know RC cola still existed. Thats some amazing shade.

https://twitter.com/OfficialRCCola/status/868848314342670336

It's not real

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes
Here's Huckabee's hot take on the covfefe scandal.

https://twitter.com/GovMikeHuckabee/status/869855434319974400

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
anyone have a working link to the Spicer gaggle, the one last page just died and quick googling isn't helping

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Sinteres posted:

Liberals have been comparing politics to fantasy bullshit for years and it's infuriating. Consider yourself lucky if you missed the Dumbledore's army garbage after the election.

oh man, i had multiple people posting "GRYFFINDORS, NOW IS THE TIME TO BE BRAVE! HUFFLEPUFFS, NOW IS THE whatever whatever"

it was so cringey

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

Sinteres posted:

Uh but it says it's official right in the name.

If you know a better way to show you're official i'd like to hear it as well

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

theflyingorc posted:

oh man, i had multiple people posting "GRYFFINDORS, NOW IS THE TIME TO BE BRAVE! HUFFLEPUFFS, NOW IS THE whatever whatever"

it was so cringey

Millenials, right? :)

Michael Scott
Jan 3, 2010

by zen death robot
Any Spicer briefing today?

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

Michael Scott posted:

Any Spicer briefing today?

apparently an audio-only press gaggle but I don't have a link to a live stream

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

Avirosb posted:

Here's Huckabee's hot take on the covfefe scandal.

https://twitter.com/GovMikeHuckabee/status/869855434319974400

This isn't meme death, this is meme murder.

Pellisworth posted:

apparently an audio-only press gaggle but I don't have a link to a live stream

Is there any way to interpret these gaggles as anything but a face-saving measure for Spicer on those days he's feeling particularly flustered?

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

Pellisworth posted:

anyone have a working link to the Spicer gaggle, the one last page just died and quick googling isn't helping
PBS link, was having technical difficulties
Golden State Times, plays music while you wait

The PBS stream says it starts in 12 minutes but don't take that for certain.

PoopShipDestroyer
Jan 13, 2006

I think he's ready for a chair

Office Pig posted:

He drowned it, or maybe hung it from a tree? Reports vary but he definitely killed it.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Office Pig posted:

Is there any way to interpret these gaggles as anything but a face-saving measure for Spicer on those days he's feeling particularly flustered?

The GOP really knows how to beat off a horse.

Wait, that's not right.... how does that go... oh well, looks right. :shrug:

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

Piell posted:

PBS link, was having technical difficulties
Golden State Times, plays music while you wait

The PBS stream says it starts in 12 minutes but don't take that for certain.

awesome, thanks!

Office Pig posted:

I suspect part of it is that if there's no video, Donnie won't see it and get mad at Spicer over his responses.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

RiggenBlaque posted:

He drowned it, or maybe hung it from a tree? Reports vary but he definitely killed it.

Between Trump, Cruz, and Huckabee, it's final days were basically what happened to Vigo the Scourge of Carpathia.

http://imgur.com/HrLCUEu

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Office Pig posted:

Let the man have his Hawaiian shirt & shorts day, he's earned it!

Kekekela
Oct 28, 2004
oh god lmao "the president and a small group of people know exactly what it meant"

spicey doubling down on #covfefe

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Robot Hobo posted:

Reports of Trump being "too articulate" feel exactly the same as the stories of Kim Kong Il playing his first game of golf and coming in 38 under par. They're bullshit on such a grand level that no sane person could ever believe it, but said completely straight-faced as if we are expected to... And somehow, some people will believe it because their minds have been broken

That never happened.

It was some Australian newspaper that made that up, taking some posted score card that was scored relative to par and counting it like it was absolute scores. The actual claimed score was like, good amateur level. Totally reasonable.

North korea is a huge propoganda state, but any time you hear any of the weird supernatural claims it's almost always just jokes and rumors and urban legends. None of that stuff was ever real or real propoganda, just western inventions of "these guys will believe ANYTHING about north korea!"

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

https://twitter.com/mviser/status/869990063513362432

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Hoping the Spicer gaggle is a continuation of yesterday's press gathering. That poo poo was tight.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Kekekela posted:

oh god lmao "the president and a small group of people know exactly what it meant"

God, what are the chances that someone in the Trump chain is already researching a trademark for covfefe? Like, haha, nooooooo waaaay.

But, you know, maybe.

(Probably)

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Kekekela posted:

Sweet Jesus just say he fell asleep while tweeting. Everyone falls asleep every loving day, they'll understand. Or got interrupted and set it down but accidentally hit the Tweet button. They'll have a giggle, but they'll move on. Trying to cover it up as being intentional when it wasn't even a complete thought is beyond retarded, even for this exceptionally retarded administration.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Spicy got asked straight up "Should people be concerned that the President put out an incoherent tweet in the middle of the night that stayed up for hours with seemingly no one in the White House noticing it?"

And Sean's response was an utterly amazing "..........no."

:allears:

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe

Sinteres posted:

Liberals have been comparing politics to fantasy bullshit for years and it's infuriating. Consider yourself lucky if you missed the Dumbledore's army garbage after the election.

https://twitter.com/cushbomb/status/830520490947117056

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Kekekela posted:

Needs more Cyrillic.

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

ReidRansom posted:

Sweet Jesus just say he fell asleep while tweeting. Everyone falls asleep every loving day, they'll understand. Or got interrupted and set it down but accidentally hit the Tweet button. They'll have a giggle, but they'll move on. Trying to cover it up as being intentional when it wasn't even a complete thought is beyond retarded, even for this exceptionally retarded administration.

To admit is to admit fallibility and despite appearances they try to limit that, because someone thinks we're all idiots.

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth

Fart City posted:

God, what are the chances that someone in the Trump chain is already researching a trademark for covfefe? Like, haha, nooooooo waaaay.

But, you know, maybe.

(Probably)

I am looking forward to trying the new premium Trump Covfefe Latte.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Unless.... maybe the thing they all knew it meant was that we was having one of his "moments"....

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Second straight day Spicer abruptly called the briefing short after only a few questions. Apparently they dont realize they're just giving the press pool more reason to be hostile and aggressive.

Meanwhile he manages to give a cryptic, weird non answer to the question that SHOULD have gotten "it was a dumb typo, get over it".

PoopShipDestroyer
Jan 13, 2006

I think he's ready for a chair

STAC Goat posted:

Second straight day Spicer abruptly called the briefing short after only a few questions. Apparently they dont realize they're just giving the press pool more reason to be hostile and aggressive.

Did the gaggle already happen? I didn't see the feed ever go live

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

The audio sounds equivocating:

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/869990796438773760

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

RiggenBlaque posted:

Did the gaggle already happen? I didn't see the feed ever go live

It was audio only and seemed to last only 10 minutes or so.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

STAC Goat posted:

Apparently they dont realize they're just giving the press pool more reason to be hostile and aggressive.

Or they do realize because it gives them reason to mistreat the press and they figure that plays with the base, per Gianforte

Bhaal
Jul 13, 2001
I ain't going down alone
Dr. Infant, MD

Kekekela posted:

Good lord the amount of insecurity they have is mesmerizing.

Why not just make a statement like: "The president obviously meant 'coverage' and had more to write but, as we've all experienced, he had a little fumble with the phone after being interrupted because of (afghanistan news, or really any excuse they care to make up that's more important than loving shitposting on twitter) and was occupied by that for a while before he could find time to go back and realize the erroneous tweet was actually sent out"

How hard is that?

LaserShark
Oct 17, 2007

It's over, idiot. You're gonna die here and now, and the last words out of your mouth will have been 'poop train.'

Why does this administration keep going out of its way to make things look as bad as they possibly can? Trump's a showman, you'd think he'd know what 'optics' are.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

loving what

Just make a joke and say you've appointed the Word paperclip to oversee the department of typos and smile it off or something.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
Obamacare birth control mandate is dead.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2017/05/31/trump-administration-reversing-obamacares-birth-control-mandate/102346078/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

They've gone all in on authoritarianism and you can't ever be wrong or people start to question why you should have unlimited power.

While this is bullshit, it's another thing any Republican trash president would have done.

• Locked thread