Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jrbg
May 20, 2014

This has to be horrible to watch if you're a Tory

e: 1340 sees the Battle of Sluys where almost the entire French fleet was destroyed by the English, therefore Europe needs us more than we need them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Praseodymi
Aug 26, 2010

Snipee posted:

Omg I came into this debate for Corbyn, and I am falling in love with this Welsh lady. She needs more airtime.

You should've been here in 2015.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

jabby posted:

Corbyn not making much hay about May not showing up but every other party hammering her on it.

Might be a good idea, really. You know how much the press likes to frame Corbyn as a misogynist. Better to let other people do the dirty work.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Leanne Wood is UKMT election time waifu.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
The U turn queen.

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea
Oh great, the UKIP dickhead gets to wrap-up first.

I guess I wouldn't be happy wherever he would be in the order.

CptAwesome
Nov 2, 2005

It seems somewhat disingenuous to read off a prepared statement about what you've heard after it was wrote.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Well this is certainly a way to describe the evening:

https://twitter.com/caitlinmoran/status/870005285024186368

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Loved the 'how dare you' from Farron. Need more of that. This is a situation that completely beggars belief and it needs to be shouted about.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

TheRat posted:

Well this is certainly a way to describe the evening:

https://twitter.com/caitlinmoran/status/870005285024186368

https://twitter.com/caitlinmoran/status/870006120915587073

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
I must be about the only person who's not been impressed by Leanne Wood at all, even if the Welsh accent is hot as gently caress

Kernel Monsoon
Jul 18, 2006
Ooh bake off

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Lib dem bot is good again?

Entropy238
Oct 21, 2010

Fallen Rib
I don't like Tim farron but that was a sick burn

CptAwesome
Nov 2, 2005

Big Banter Farron with another cracker

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
I know we dont trust jesus farron (even his son who posts here) but that was good.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
Tim Farron in sick burn shocker

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
What did he say?

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded
Lol like gently caress it was random to give tories the last word

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Didn't realise bake off was on.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Farronmania

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:
It was funny and all but it's only going to make the coalition even more awkward.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

This feels like desperation from the Sun, and I think it reflects worse on May than anyone else.

https://twitter.com/matt_dathan/status/870005670661304320

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea

CJ posted:

What did he say?

"Amber Rudd's up next - Theresa May doesn't think you're worth her time, Bakeoff's on BBC 2, make yourself a brew and switch channels so you don't have to listen to the Tories" - paraphrasing.

Tortuga
Aug 27, 2011

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

mfcrocker posted:

I must be about the only person who's not been impressed by Leanne Wood at all, even if the Welsh accent is hot as gently caress

I kind of thought she looked a bit surprised whenever she was asked a question.

Lucas bossed things though.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

I'm not going on TV to debate

But my dad died

gently caress your dad I said I'm not going on.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

CJ posted:

What did he say?

Amber Rudd is up next, she's not the Prime Minister, the Prime Minister can't be bothered to be here. *random blathering* Bake off is on next, change the channel. Make yourself a brew. The Prime minister can't be bothered to give you her time, don't give her yours'.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Party Boat posted:

This feels like desperation from the Sun, and I think it reflects worse on May than anyone else.

It really does. Not only was she too cowardly to show up herself she was cruel enough to send a grieving daughter in her stead.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Party Boat posted:

Yeah, she was so terrified of a debate that she forced a grieving underling to go do it for her.

What a coward May is.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Party Boat posted:

[url]https://twitter.com/matt_dathan/status/870005670661304320[/url

"May too scared to appear on TV so pushed grieving daughter in front of the camera instead".

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

cannot legally be sold as vodka

Party Boat posted:

May wouldn't even let one of her employees take time off to grieve. This is why we need a Labour government.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

This is not bake off as I understood it? Very posh people cooking posh poo poo with angus deayton. Well I never, what is farron getting at?

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Tortuga posted:

Lucas bossed things though.

She'd have been a significant force in politics and possible leader of the country if she hadn't decided to spend time supporting homeopathy and opposing the best way to decarbonise the economy

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
I thought Amber Rudd actually did decently well there. The ganging up on her was counter-productive. It let her play the serious grown-up delivering what the people want on Brexit, immigration and foreign policy in the face of all the shouty lefties. They are going to absolutely hammer the Coalition of Chaos poo poo now.

Corbyn killed it on domestic stuff though. And I think the only thing that really matters in this debate is that May didn’t turn up.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

NotJustANumber99 posted:

I know we dont trust jesus farron (even his son who posts here) but that was good.

Farron's a nob, trust me.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Bahahah had to pause and I'm just catching up, Leanne Wood smashing Nuttall on wanting a 'free divorce' is goddamn amazing.

Tortuga
Aug 27, 2011

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
This isn't loving bake off

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

NotJustANumber99 posted:

This is not bake off as I understood it? Very posh people cooking posh poo poo with angus deayton. Well I never, what is farron getting at?

It's very enjoyable actually. The patisserie chefs aren't posh.

Kernel Monsoon
Jul 18, 2006

NotJustANumber99 posted:

More false lib dem promises! It's snooty bake off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

• Locked thread