Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting

Pissflaps posted:

It's very enjoyable actually. The patisserie chefs aren't posh.

No you're right they aren't. I feel bad straight away. It seems good, actual people who have worked up to this rather than bought a farmhouse and got a bit into it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Tortuga posted:

This isn't loving bake off

Why would you trust a word a Lib Dem leader says?

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

peanut- posted:

I thought Amber Rudd actually did decently well there. The ganging up on her was counter-productive. It let her play the serious grown-up delivering what the people want on Brexit, immigration and foreign policy in the face of all the shouty lefties. They are going to absolutely hammer the Coalition of Chaos poo poo now.

Corbyn killed it on domestic stuff though. And I think the only thing that really matters in this debate is that May didn’t turn up.

They were going to hammer this poo poo anyway, anything the tories have said that hasn't been a soundbite has been a well deserved disaster for them.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

Overall thoughts, small parties did the best. Lucas and Wood absolutely bossed it. Labour had a few hiccups, especially corbyn almost falling off a ledge when asked if the police cuts not happening would've stopped Manchester. Overall, jam man did well though, and the tories came off looking like asses, and since nobody gaffed seriously may not showing is still the biggest issue.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Friendly reminder that James Schneider has done an absolutely incredible job with Corbyn's campaign after he took over

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Mr President, the physical reality of Prime Minister Corbyn is beyond your range of apprehension. If you'll just put on these PINKOVISION glasses...

NotJustANumber99 posted:

No you're right they aren't. I feel bad straight away. It seems good, actual people who have worked up to this rather than bought a farmhouse and got a bit into it.

Deport the French/Welsh patissiers and let the Are Boys team win :britain:

Jrbg
May 20, 2014

My basic takehome from the debate was that it was worse for the Conservatives than it was good for Labour. Corbyn wasn't stellar, just competent. May however looks worse than ever

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
https://twitter.com/politicshome/status/869927375462699008

Verizian
Dec 18, 2004
The spiky one.
What's the odds on a Tory majority but May losing her seat? That might be the funniest outcome of this dark timeline.

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

Me and the boys poppin' down to the shops
The main thing is Corbyn won points just for being there. Theresa May pushed a grieving daughter in front of the camera so she could hide. Corbyn didn't gently caress up notably, so that's all he needed to look more strong and stable than the woman who makes orphaned children fill her podium because she's a coward.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Verizian posted:

What's the odds on a Tory majority but May losing her seat? That might be the funniest outcome of this dark timeline.

seems likely if she loses seats on an election she called

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

This is massive if true. EU got jam man's back?

Overminty
Mar 16, 2010

You may wonder what I am doing while reading your posts..

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Oooh liking the phrase "spiv economy".

Isn't that what The Mayfair Set covered?

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Verizian posted:

She has a 54% majority, you've got no hope

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

I feel like all the people bickering with each other kind of plays in to the Coalition of Chaos line - The Tories looked pretty bad, but I can see people holding their nose and voting for them to avoid another coalition.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Venuz Patrol posted:

seems likely if she loses seats on an election she called

She's got a majority of 29,000 in Maidenhead. Even if she gets forced out as leader she's still going to be an MP.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe

Verizian posted:

As in her constitency? Absolutely none, she has something like the 3rd largest majority in the country and Maidenhead is full of cunts.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

mfcrocker posted:

She has a 54% majority, you've got no hope

Holy moly, almost 30k.

hookerbot 5000
Dec 21, 2009
May looks terrible. Amber Rudd actually did okay considering - she spoke like a human being (albeit a Tory).

I thought Caroline Lucas and Angus Roberston were the most impressive. Corbyn was fine but the Brexit stuff was awkward, there's no way to get round that if he doesn't want to alienate one or the other half of the voters though.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Lmao, the guy who said 'bollocks' to May has a piece in The Guardian:

I called Theresa May’s NHS lies ‘bollocks’ on live TV. Now I’m voting Labour

quote:

I was undecided but the prime minister’s refusal to give a straight answer at the leaders’ hustings infuriated me. Corbyn has convinced me he deserves a chance

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

cannot legally be sold as vodka

Verizian posted:

If this happens I might die of laughter on election night.

Captain No-mates
Apr 3, 2010

We're still going to lose, boys. Don't forget.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Captain No-mates posted:

Dunno, our boys' recipe looks well researched, interesting and potentially very tasty.

Prince John
Jun 20, 2006

Oh, poppycock! Female bandits?

Regarde Aduck posted:

What is wrong with an united Ireland?

Nothing theoretically, but I can see how it could be a problem for someone looking to lead the UK. There's no public support in the UK for chopping off one of the four countries in the UK. Keeping your countries' territorial integrity is one of the most fundamental duties of a leader.

Edit: Oops, sorry, pages late.

Prince John fucked around with this message at 21:26 on May 31, 2017

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I don't want a United Ireland. Thanks.

Mu.
Sep 15, 2003

The thing about Forevereal Modding Mu is that he loves editing files and wants others to download his permanent mods. Fully editing, rich text, altering files and loving it. Download his mods and enjoy it.
I'll be interested to see what effect this has on popular opinion, if anything, because I don't think it did anything positive for Corbyn. May skipping the debate is certainly embarrassing, but I'd be surprised if it negatively affected anybody's voting intention.

Pleasantly surprised, mind.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

It was definitely more bad for tories than good for labour imo, but we might all be a bit biased.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Are there any meaningful statistics on the effect of televised debates by 'X Y z A b(not b) C' a week out from a surprise election? I think we are on thin ice here, prediction wise.

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

Me and the boys poppin' down to the shops

Mu. posted:

I'll be interested to see what effect this has on popular opinion, if anything, because I don't think it did anything positive for Corbyn. May skipping the debate is certainly embarrassing, but I'd be surprised if it negatively affected anybody's voting intention.

Pleasantly surprised, mind.

Her entire deal is being stronger than corbyn, and, in particular, stronger than corbyn because she's going to march into brussels and be a "bloody difficult woman". The big takeaway is that she actually prefers to run and hide when faced with someone who might be mean to her, pushing grieving daughters in the firing line instead if need be.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Captain No-mates posted:

When this election was called the Tories were going to walk away with a historic majority. If they only come away with small gains it'll be a massive embarrassment. If they lose seats it'll be an enormous victory for Labour and a vindication of Corbyn as leader.

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

The top 1% of ducks have control of 99.9% of the bread.

Miftan posted:

It was definitely more bad for tories than good for labour imo, but we might all be a bit biased.

I think if Corbyn bombed, it would make it look like a good idea for May but him holding up means the big questions remains

Of course I'm sure most headlines tomorrow will be Coalition of Chaos or Money Tree or Yellow Money to Buy Trains.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Verizian posted:

Her majority was nearly 30k in 2015, there's utterly no way she loses her seat.

Mugsbaloney
Jul 11, 2012

We prefer your extinction to the loss of our job

How does monopoly work

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Corbs did alright and May looks terrible, so in that sense I suspect that his gamble paid off.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

Mugsbaloney posted:

How does monopoly work

You ask the banker for momney and he gives it to you, and then you give it to muslamic scroungers to live in mansions, obviously!

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

Party Boat posted:

She's got a majority of 29,000 in Maidenhead. Even if she gets forced out as leader she's still going to be an MP.

Maidenhead has an extraordinarily lovely town centre for a commuter town in the south east. All those Tory voters clearly aren't spending their dosh there.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Mugsbaloney posted:

How does monopoly work

The money is different colours according to value but you can use any of it to buy the gasworks, stations, etc as long as you meet the value. And, having bought them, straight away you start loving people through owning it, whereas before everyone could land there and be fine.

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

The top 1% of ducks have control of 99.9% of the bread.

Oberleutnant posted:

You ask the banker for momney and he gives it to you, and then you give it to muslamic scroungers to live in mansions, obviously!

Bankers trickling down money... isn't this Tory policy?

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Raeg posted:

I think if Corbyn bombed, it would make it look like a good idea for May but him holding up means the big questions remains

Of course I'm sure most headlines tomorrow will be Coalition of Chaos or Money Tree or Yellow Money to Buy Trains.

Every newspaper always declares a debate a win for their preferred candidate, even if Rudd had utterly crashed and burned the Telegraph and the Mail would have spun it as a resounding victory for common sense against the forces of communism and terrorist sympathisers. They can't, however, spin "Theresa May didn't turn up" in any way but a laughably transparent one - even the Telegraph took a shot at her for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

peanut- posted:

As in her constitency? Absolutely none, she has something like the 3rd largest majority in the country and Maidenhead is full of cunts.

glad to see this is still true despite having left the area 6 years ago

• Locked thread