Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china
Hellriegel has been nerfed at least twice, so imagine what it was like at launch. Before, it was even more accurate at mid to long range and had less recoil. In Ops you could create your own flanks with it and free your team from the meat grinder choke points.

I haven't played in a long time, but coupled with smoke you can really dictate terms with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

That Medic DLC gun is supremely great. Feels good to counter-snipe the hundred trillion snipers Empire's Edge, Fao and Sinai. I like the reload animation too. It's just fun to see all these weird weapons they were developing before we started getting more modern semi-autos and machine guns.

Edit: Verdun really doesn't like the German forces, does it? French get 3 points within spitting distance and direct route while the Germans get railroaded all the way to C and if they lose anything they can get pushed back to their spawn with no real recourse.

Jimbot fucked around with this message at 20:29 on May 28, 2017

Auxiliary Treats
Jun 26, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CK5HCROW5-E

Flame trooper is a pretty good anti-vehicle kit in a pinch.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
Your squad mates name rules there hahaa

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit
May update is live y'all

https://www.battlefield.com/news/update-notes/may-update

Still no hellreigel nerf :v:

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

Sign my 'Bring Goldberg Back' Petition
Hooray for fixes to operations. I hate joining empty servers.

mellowjournalism
Jul 31, 2004

helllooo

Auxiliary Treats posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CK5HCROW5-E

Flame trooper is a pretty good anti-vehicle kit in a pinch.

i think you missed a spot, gonna have to baste him again

e: took a quick peek at the notes, woahh:

• Rear view while flying
  • Lots of attack plane buffs including tank hunter gun
  • Dogfighter lost quick repair (YES) and gets speed boost instead (AWESOME) and loving FLAME ROUNDS :lol:
  • Changed how max range for AA is applied. Max range now varies depending on the pitch of the gun. Shells can travel a maximum horizontal distance of 300m, and a maximum vertical distance of 450m. This applies to both the stationary AA and the AA truck. Previously AA shells timed out at the same max distance from the gun regardless of direction, resulting in a roughly spherical volume covered by the gun. This means horizontal range was as large as the max height the shells could reach, and that at very high altitudes the AA could cover very little area, even if its range was technically large. The new AA shells will have slightly less horizontal range than before at low altitudes, but they will retain that range all the way to the flight ceiling. This will make AA much more effective against high altitude aircraft without making it able to reach distant, low flying ones as well.

Also being able to repair stationaries is cool, finally get to use 3rd person view when rear gunning a landwhale

this update is kind of a sleeper, drat

mellowjournalism fucked around with this message at 00:10 on May 31, 2017

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit

I later got the plane and just continuously laid waste to them the rest of the match.

OH poo poo THE AIRSHIP IS FALLING ON ME RUN FOR COVER
http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/epilot5280/video/31831903

e.pilot fucked around with this message at 01:04 on May 31, 2017

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.
THIRD PERSON VIEW FOR TANK GUNNERS IS LITERALLY ALL I EVER WANTED. God drat, people might actually not just use the sponsons as a forward spawn point now.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Parkingtigers posted:

THIRD PERSON VIEW FOR TANK GUNNERS IS LITERALLY ALL I EVER WANTED. God drat, people might actually not just use the sponsons as a forward spawn point now.

it's not for gunners, it's for the driver using the rear facing gun on some landships

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

it's not for gunners, it's for the driver using the rear facing gun on some landships

...why do you hate me? Why you want to hurt me so?

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

Beastie posted:

Hellriegel is for fratty gently caress boys.

I've had it unlocked for weeks and have maybe 5 kills because I don't want to be associated with people who play with the most op weapon.

It's been 5 patches and they still haven't touched the hellriegel. But they've definitely nerfed grenades, something that has always been under-powered in BF games.

I guess that's what we get when they take their cues from Reddit shitlords.

They actually made the hellriegel better. It was originally 60/60 and you'd run out of ammo really quickly with it. It's now 60/120. It's ludicrous and I use it all the loving time.

Hamburlgar
Dec 31, 2007

WANTED
Just wait until you unlock the Hellriegel Defensive. 120/120 plus a bipod :kiss:

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit

Hamburlgar posted:

Just wait until you unlock the Hellriegel Defensive. 120/120 plus a bipod :kiss:

Holy poo poo :stare:

Been working on unlocking that, the chauchat has been fun but I'm pushing 15 service stars on it, it's time to move on to something else.

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
the chaucat is p good but holy moly the sjogren inertial :discourse:

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Robot Randy posted:

the chaucat is p good but holy moly the sjogren inertial :discourse:

What's the secret with the sjogren it feels like it doesn't do enough damage per shot to make it worthwhile

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
double tap. its got a real tight spread and fires 13 pellets so you can one shot out to surprising ranges, but i always double tap to be sure

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Robot Randy posted:

double tap. its got a real tight spread and fires 13 pellets so you can one shot out to surprising ranges, but i always double tap to be sure

Yeah I'm used to the clunky A10 so rapid fire doesn't click with my brain + shotty, still love my ~*Le Mort Hommes*~ skin for it so want to figure it out.

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
is anyone getting a problem on the bone where all the images in the ui dont appear? it seems to persist between games

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit
yeah it's been happening to me since the update, doesn't seem to affect gameplay at least

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

The update really hosed things up for me. A whole lot of UI items are missing, I've been unable to join friends, and have had a few other errors that I could only fix by dashboarding.

:dice:

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
If you press start while in operations after switching sides, there's no way to unpause because the pause button makes you quit. I think the DICE smiley is way overused (conceptually I think it's amazing this game even exists) but this is a pretty silly mistake.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

A couple of times I recorded a clip on Xbox and it had the pause screen come up, which is normal. What isn't normal is that the UI had no indication of what tile I was on and it was lagging and it actually had me quit the game unintentionally.

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
they rolled out a ui update and it seems to have fixed things for me

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
Petition for Dice to release a timetable of when to play DLC operations. I haven't found a non-empty server in weeks.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Bf1 is dying y'all

Ardent Communist
Oct 17, 2010

ALLAH! MU'AMMAR! LIBYA WA BAS!
Huh? I just found an 64 person operations game instantly last night. I'm on PS4 and east, which is kind of the best possible situation, but I didn't even pick any operations, I specifically picked anvil of fire. Occasionally I've had to wait a few minutes, but I don't mind, since I still remember playing bf1942 on my lovely computer with 5 minute or longer loading screens, I can adjust my loadouts, and once you get the requisite players, it tends to fill up pretty quick as other players join.
I can't say I play much 32 player operations, since I've I wanted that I'd just play rush. Operations is the best for the tremendous clusterfuck that can occur. I mean, you don't think there were times when small groups of people are all crouched in a trench desperately holding on (whilst holding a point) as grenades and mortars utterly plaster the area? They used to give one guy like 20 grenades when they were trench-raiding. It can be a bit annoying, but it's hardly not realistic. Hardcore operations would be even better since then people would have worry about killing their own guys.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

Robot Randy posted:

they rolled out a ui update and it seems to have fixed things for me

good night sweet prince

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM

TBeats posted:

Bf1 is dying y'all

There are currently 141,000 people playing BF1 right now on a Saturday afternoon soooooo yeah I don't think so guy

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

There are currently 141,000 people playing BF1 right now on a Saturday afternoon soooooo yeah I don't think so guy

Sarcasm is dying y'all

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
I was playing a round of Operations at St Quentin Scar yesterday morning. I got something like 30,000 points after all the ribbons and stuff.

We won, so there was a x2.5 multiplier.
I used an XP bonus, so x2 from that
it was a double XP weekend, so x2 from that

I had over a half million points, and levelled up once and made it more than halfway to the next level.

I did nothing something - with Operations now loading into a new round, don't pause during that game. There's a glitch where instead of going to the pause menu, it loads the previous round's end of round screen, and the only way out is either waiting for the round to finish or quitting to the main menu. It sucks.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

If you are getting the bug where you load into a new round and everything is black except the flags and such, the easy fix is to bring up options, video, then change weapon dof from on-->off. Then bring up deployment screen. It will fix it. Then switch back the dof setting. This works super quick.

I'd love to play with some goons. I'm two headshots away from the ribeye. Xbox tag MeatBishop invite me and I'll play!

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."
Good work Dice you fully killed the fighter. The attack plane already had better guns in front and back and now it's just as manuverable and as fast.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Blind Rasputin posted:

If you are getting the bug where you load into a new round and everything is black except the flags and such, the easy fix is to bring up options, video, then change weapon dof from on-->off. Then bring up deployment screen. It will fix it. Then switch back the dof setting. This works super quick.

I'd love to play with some goons. I'm two headshots away from the ribeye. Xbox tag MeatBishop invite me and I'll play!

This trick does not work 100% of the time. I tried it three times before I had to quit the game. Other weeks it's worked every time.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
Man having a squad full of goons rolling people is ridiculous, great games yesterday even if Jaidroxide showed up LATE

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit
Finally unlocked the hellreigel optical and holy poo poo :stare:

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

I love the ribeye. It absolutely rocks.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."
10A Slug where have you been all my life?

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

Sign my 'Bring Goldberg Back' Petition

sunday at work posted:

10A Slug where have you been all my life?
First time I tried it I hated it. Then I decided to try it again and it just clicked. 1 shotting fools from medium range is so drat satisfying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Jedi Knight Luigi posted:

Petition for Dice to release a timetable of when to play DLC operations. I haven't found a non-empty server in weeks.

I have no problem finding Verdun but the Soissons one is always empty it seems.