Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

*a blurry black and white photo of a blue squadron T-65 in clamshell package with cards for General Moustache as the PS8 ace with the caption "I want to believe"*

The buff is out there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.
MULDER: (voiceover) I have lived with a fragile faith built on the ether of vague memories from an experience that I can neither prove nor explain. My T65s were good once, but they were taken from my meta, taken from the top tables by design choices I came to believe would one day be corrected...

This belief sustained me, fueling a quest for a title card that was as elusive as the top table itself. To believe as passionately as I did was not without sacrifice, but I always accepted the risks... to my ships, my MOV, my reputation...to fun itself....

ZachAttack
Mar 17, 2009

Malevolent Hatform
Nap Ghost

General Battuta posted:

MULDER: (voiceover) I have lived with a fragile faith built on the ether of vague memories from an experience that I can neither prove nor explain. My T65s were good once, but they were taken from my meta, taken from the top tables by design choices I came to believe would one day be corrected...

This belief sustained me, fueling a quest for a title card that was as elusive as the top table itself. To believe as passionately as I did was not without sacrifice, but I always accepted the risks... to my ships, my MOV, my reputation...to fun itself....

You should be a writer.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT
I have this urge to try and make relatively good or fun T70 lists. Not sure how this would be but I'd fly Jess and Ello together with Snap being a flanker. He goal is to utilize the T-Rolls to make a crazy killyramid with Jess hopefully getting in some hurt with the plasma torpedoes.

Trip T70s (100)

Ello Asty (35) - T-70 X-Wing
Swarm Tactics (2), R2 Astromech (1), Vectored Thrusters (2)

"Snap" Wexley (34) - T-70 X-Wing
Push The Limit (3), R2 Astromech (1), Vectored Thrusters (2)

Jess Pava (31) - T-70 X-Wing
Plasma Torpedoes (3), BB-8 (2), Primed Thrusters (1), Guidance Chips (0)

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

*a blurry black and white photo of a blue squadron T-65 in clamshell package with cards for General Moustache as the PS8 ace with the caption "I want to believe"*

Believe casually.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Ringo Star Get posted:

I have this urge to try and make relatively good or fun T70 lists. Not sure how this would be but I'd fly Jess and Ello together with Snap being a flanker. He goal is to utilize the T-Rolls to make a crazy killyramid with Jess hopefully getting in some hurt with the plasma torpedoes.

Trip T70s (100)

If you're using ello, stop, you should be using Nien instead.

Swarm Tactics for PS7 probably isn't worth it.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Ringo Star Get posted:

Trip T70s (100)

I've had really good luck with Red Squad Vets carrying a either a standard R2/Targeting Astromech and Predator, then whatever squadron leader you're happy with. 2 Red Squad Vets set up with Targeting Astros and Predator leaves 38 points to spare,

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Ringo Star Get posted:

Trip T70s (100)

Poe/Nien/Jess can be built out pretty nicely as a triple T-70 list.
Poe Dameron (31)
Veteran Instincts (1)
R5-P9 (3)
Pattern Analyzer (2)
Autothrusters (2)

Nien Nunb (29)
Snap Shot (2)
R3-A2 (2)
Pattern Analyzer (2)
Integrated Astromech (0)

Jess Pava (25)
R2 Astromech (1)
Integrated Astromech (0)

Total: 100

View in Yet Another Squad Builder

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Ringo Star Get posted:

Trip T70s (100)

At the very least, cut the Torps and the Thrusters for Pattern Analyzers, probably on Jess and Snap.

I actually like Snap with Pattern and Targeting Astromech for the dreamy three action T-Roll turns.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

Thanks for the input! A buddy and I are playing a few games together this Friday and I'm looking to test some.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

I actually like the idea of Vectored Thrusters on Snap. I'd go with this build:

"Snap" Wexley (28)
Veteran Instincts (1)
Targeting Astromech (2)
Pattern Analyzer (2)
Vectored Thrusters (2)
Black One (1)

Total: 36

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Some Numbers posted:

I actually like the idea of Vectored Thrusters on Snap. I'd go with this build:

"Snap" Wexley (28)
Veteran Instincts (1)
Targeting Astromech (2)
Pattern Analyzer (2)
Vectored Thrusters (2)
Black One (1)

Total: 36

Use BB8! It'll trigger Black One also. And you'll have your mod slot free again for autothrusters or something.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

ConfusedUs posted:

Use BB8! It'll trigger Black One also. And you'll have your mod slot free again for autothrusters or something.

Targeting Astro and PA let you T-Roll, get a free TL, use Snap's free Boost and then take your actual Action, which in this case is a Focus OR a Barrel Roll.

That owns pretty hard.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

It should be fairly obvious they have no intention of fixing the x-wing now or at any point.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

banned from Starbucks posted:

It should be fairly obvious they have no intention of fixing the x-wing now or at any point.

I mean you could have said this about the Starviper last week and everyone would have nodded in sage agreement. So never say never.

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

No they obviously do, they're just waiting for the most marketable time to do it again (I'm sure they saw Rebel Transport as a T65 product and Integrated Astro as another bump). But what's strange is that Rogue One was the time to do it. I'd still bet on a Heroes of Scarif X/Y box to come. S-foil double card and a lot of squadron titles. Same for Y. Both have their title slots open and FFG is title crazy lately.

Poor E-wings though :(

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

General Battuta posted:

No they obviously do, they're just waiting for the most marketable time to do it again (I'm sure they saw Rebel Transport as a T65 product and Integrated Astro as another bump). But what's strange is that Rogue One was the time to do it. I'd still bet on a Heroes of Scarif X/Y box to come. S-foil double card and a lot of squadron titles. Same for Y. Both have their title slots open and FFG is title crazy lately.

Poor E-wings though :(

Nah, the problem with releasing a set timed alongside Rogue One is that they don't have any more idea of what's in the movie than we do and they're developing the release on a compressed schedule, and you end up with stuff like Poe only having PS8 and the U-Wing being a mish-mash of shelved ideas lumped together. It's not for nothing that Heroes of the Rebellion came out nearly a year after Episode VII did and was an incredibly strong expansion, after all.

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

I hope Rogue One Red 5 gets a pilot card with reverse Lone Wolf.

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

I don't mean he's better in a group, I mean he rerolls hits/evades if he wanders off.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

It might actually be an interesting ~design space~ to make his pilot text pure drawback but do something like give him an unusually high pilot skill and maybe EPT slot for Rookie Pilot points.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Didn't the designers say in an interview that Integrated Astromech wasn't the T-65 fix, but that they were going to see how it landed and address it again if needed?
There's got to be more coming, design cycles just take forever on these things. I wouldn't be surprised if we see a surprise release to tie in with The Last Jedi

General Battuta posted:

I don't mean he's better in a group, I mean he rerolls hits/evades if he wanders off.

This is a good idea, like Vader crew on a TIE Phantom.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

It might actually be an interesting ~design space~ to make his pilot text pure drawback but do something like give him an unusually high pilot skill and maybe EPT slot for Rookie Pilot points.

This would be a fun pilot ability:

When attacking or defending, you must change one blank to [hit] or [evade] for each friendly ship at range 1. Then, for each enemy ship at range 1, you must cancel one [hit] or [evade] result.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

Honestly it's going to take some astromech pack to help the T-65s. Generic but properly costed units that give barrel rolls, boosts, or certain green maneuvers.

Nah I bet there will be a T-85 X-Wing in TLJ and then there will be a condition card that requires a squad list to have a T-65, T-70, and T-85 with a ship in arc of all 3 for a super move.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Ringo Star Get posted:

Honestly it's going to take some astromech pack to help the T-65s. Generic but properly costed units that give barrel rolls, boosts, or certain green maneuvers.

Nah I bet there will be a T-85 X-Wing in TLJ and then there will be a condition card that requires a squad list to have a T-65, T-70, and T-85 with a ship in arc of all 3 for a super move.

Would Plot Armor be an EPT, title, or modification?

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Nah, the problem with releasing a set timed alongside Rogue One is that they don't have any more idea of what's in the movie than we do and they're developing the release on a compressed schedule

Thats assuming theyre just bumbling around for years without even thinking of a t65 fix to toss into a future movie tie in set. I mean its not like pattern analyzer has anything to do with TFA. Other than names of pilots and maybe general ideas of stats theres no reason alex or frank need to sit and watch the movies to come up with some card.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Who doesn't have enough Y-Wings already? I would rather the T65/Y-Wing buffpack include another E-Wing model and contain things like a point reduction buff for it or something.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Thats assuming theyre just bumbling around for years without even thinking of a t65 fix to toss into a future movie tie in set. I mean its not like pattern analyzer has anything to do with TFA. Other than names of pilots and maybe general ideas of stats theres no reason alex or frank need to sit and watch the movies to come up with some card.

They're probably "encouraged" to focus on getting new ships out to tie-in with the new movies before putting out fixes for old ships.

flightless greeb
Jan 28, 2016

Yeah but then we get wave 11 which is all weird nonsense. It does seem totally believable that a rogue one pack with actual named pilots from the movie will be coming out around Christmas this year or something though.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

flightless greeb posted:

Yeah but then we get wave 11 which is all weird nonsense. It does seem totally believable that a rogue one pack with actual named pilots from the movie will be coming out around Christmas this year or something though.

The Last Jedi isn't out until december

lazerus06
May 19, 2004
I finally drank the Miranda kool-aid and gave her a try. Had a poo poo ton of fun. I wanted to use her with something tanky as gently caress that could also hit hard. I love the Ghost but once it starts getting 2, 3 or 4 crits on it, it becomes a flaming dumpster fire. I thought I would try Chewie and he was a beast.

I won the two matches I played last night at my local game store with this list:

Miranda Doni (48)
-Advanced Slam
-Thermal Detonators
-Cluster Mines
-Sabine Wren
-Extra Munitions
-Twin Laser Turret

Chewbacca (52)
-Smuggling Compartment
-Hull Upgrade
-Sloop Title
-Rage
-Inspiring Recruit
-Kanan
-Black Market Slicer Tools

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Any Aussie goons headed to the Aus Open at ThreeD6 this weekend?

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:
Ever since the Season 3 finale and Season 4 trailer for Rebels, I hope we get a Kallus Rebel crew card. Complete with sexy new hairstyle.

Hell, on that note, I hope Hera gets a proper X-wing pilot card.

Hera Syndulla (23)
Once per round, when a friendly ship reveals a red maneuver at range 1-3, you may assign it a Focus token.

Total: 23

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

lazerus06 posted:

I finally drank the Miranda kool-aid and gave her a try. Had a poo poo ton of fun. I wanted to use her with something tanky as gently caress that could also hit hard. I love the Ghost but once it starts getting 2, 3 or 4 crits on it, it becomes a flaming dumpster fire. I thought I would try Chewie and he was a beast.

I won the two matches I played last night at my local game store with this list:

Miranda Doni (48)
-Advanced Slam
-Thermal Detonators
-Cluster Mines
-Sabine Wren
-Extra Munitions
-Twin Laser Turret

Chewbacca (52)
-Smuggling Compartment
-Hull Upgrade
-Sloop Title
-Rage
-Inspiring Recruit
-Kanan
-Black Market Slicer Tools

Lone Wolf/Rey Dash is also a great buddy for Miranda. Play it right, and you can split your ships so that you're still triggering Lone Wolf, but you're both firing on the same target at range 3. That's the sweet spot.
If they go for Dash, Dash sprints away. If they go for Miranda, Miranda poops out a bunch of bombs and then regens.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

canyoneer posted:

Lone Wolf/Rey Dash is also a great buddy for Miranda. Play it right, and you can split your ships so that you're still triggering Lone Wolf, but you're both firing on the same target at range 3. That's the sweet spot.
If they go for Dash, Dash sprints away. If they go for Miranda, Miranda poops out a bunch of bombs and then regens.

Bomber Miranda + Lone Wolf Dash is a buddy of mine's favorite list.

It's real good.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

What's this garbage format I hear of; no restrictions at all. Any ship, any upgrade, including titles, probably any pilot I don't know. It sounds super dumb and unplayable. Surely there aren't places running that?

Baron Fuzzlewhack
Sep 22, 2010

ALIVE ENOUGH TO DIE

Admiral Joeslop posted:

What's this garbage format I hear of; no restrictions at all. Any ship, any upgrade, including titles, probably any pilot I don't know. It sounds super dumb and unplayable. Surely there aren't places running that?

It's called Star Trek Attack Wing™

VikingPenguin
Nov 6, 2005

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Sounds like pulse ray shield Omega Leader o'clock! Biggs and three generic TIE phantoms! Chewbacca with Rebel captive and Latts Razzi!

My goal with any alternate format is to demonstrate why it is terrible.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

They should just forgo manuever templates or dice and just zoom around the room holding their ships while making laser noises at each other at that point.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

TIEs with Starviper Title, x7 Title, and Chaardan Refit would cost, uh, 5 points each.

Call that 8 points to bump them up to Black Squadrons with crack shot. So let's do 11 of those with Howlrunner with the same setup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
I'm assuming they probably still use the base list building rules otherwise just put all the upgrades onto Dash, PS infinity.

If you're at UKGE this weekend, look me up I'll be wearing this ludicrous getup this year:

And not actually running Fenn at all >.<

• Locked thread