Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

attackmole posted:

Remember, google Fournier too.

My mom is computer challenged and had me help her look up pictures for various health issues related to her Wound, Ostomy & Continence studies so she could include them in her papers. Fournier no longer phases me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

morestuff posted:

He's been pushing for two years for a while

Tae posted:

Assuming a crazy world in where the 2 year rule goes through, doesn't that potentially make the first draft for that era really bad?

You should actually listen to it because he's talking about bringing the age requirement back down.

Ghost Dog posted:

this link involves colin cowherd talking and there was no warning. it just started happening

I almost tagged it but I wanted everyone to feel the same pain I did when I saw it.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

morestuff posted:

He's been pushing for two years for a while

In that clip he's talking about expanding the G League and not making top prospects go to college at all. He said he used to like the 2 year idea but now with Ben Simmons and Markelle Fultz being top recruits and not making the tournament that there was no reason for them to have a half year of college.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
What's a bigger incentive, 1 million starting for G-League or the G-League counting as NBA years, so you get a bigger potential max when you're a restricted agent?

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Tae posted:

What's a bigger incentive, 1 million starting for G-League or the G-League counting as NBA years, so you get a bigger potential max when you're a restricted agent?

I would say NBA years. As a player you want your contracts as fast as possible so you can make more and more money. So if you're in the G league at 17 you can potentially be making a rookie max at 21.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Space Camp fuckup posted:

lol what? He's not Jerry Colangelo.

Markieff Morris got arrested for shooting someone with a bb gun and that didn't stop the Suns from drafting him

PJ Tucker got a DUI and they signed him to a new contract like 3 weeks later

It didn't stop them from drafting Markieff, but his legal issues made them feel it was fine to screw him.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

IcePhoenix posted:

You should actually listen to it because he's talking about bringing the age requirement back down.

Strawberry Panda posted:

In that clip he's talking about expanding the G League and not making top prospects go to college at all. He said he used to like the 2 year idea but now with Ben Simmons and Markelle Fultz being top recruits and not making the tournament that there was no reason for them to have a half year of college.

My bad, sitting at work. What would change, then? Players can already go straight to the D-League at 18 if they want

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

morestuff posted:

My bad, sitting at work. What would change, then? Players can already go straight to the D-League at 18 if they want

Cowherd brings up the G-League idea (he actually suggests making it more like Europe and allowing players to sign with a G-League team at 16) but Silver sort of glosses over it, I don't think players would be required to go there if they entered the draft out of High School.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

morestuff posted:

In this hypothetical the D-League would either be expanded with better pay, or Teams could draft these 18 year olds and thus those kids would have incentive to go because they'd be getting paid their rookie scale deal a year earlier, which means they are younger when it comes time to get max deals, which means they in theory could get more high value deals.

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Rick posted:

It didn't stop them from drafting Markieff, but his legal issues made them feel it was fine to screw him.

He, his brother, and 3 other people beat a dude until he was unconscious. It's not like he had unpaid parking tickets.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

morestuff posted:

You can go to the G-League, but you can't get drafted. Since (right now) there would be a perception problem for a player going there instead of a national spotlight, getting your 50k year or whatever would probably hurt your draft stock.

If you could get drafted out of HS, go to the G-League for a year, you know you still have that guaranteed money, even if they still stop you from playing on that contract until your 19 or whatever.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
That'd be ideal, especially if they let players join teams after the trade deadline. A baseball-style 0-or-2 rule would probably be good for everybody.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Tae posted:

Assuming a crazy world in where the 2 year rule goes through, doesn't that potentially make the first draft for that era really bad?

Well, here is when it happened before:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2006_NBA_draft

That was a pretty bad draft, though in 2005 the only HS prospect of note was Andrew Bynum and he was kinda late. Noah really should have came out that year and stayed in school because he didn't really need money.

The 2007 draft was pretty strong at the top, and I guess Oden and Durant likely would have come out of HS in 06 too. So yeah, it definitely hurts the draft, but how much is probably up to chance.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

He, his brother, and 3 other people beat a dude until he was unconscious. It's not like he had unpaid parking tickets.

And then tried to make an inconspicuous getaway in a pure Rolls Royce Phantom.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
It was a really horrible draft, and everyone was super sad for Toronto not being to draft Oden. KD wasn't really on the radar as top pick back then, he probably would have ended up a mid-lottery pick.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

The Truth
https://twitter.com/JordanHeckFF/status/869642425173778433

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

The hottest take: Kevin Love's Outlet Passes Could Beat the Warriors???

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!
Does Paul Pierce not remember that they had a super team?

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

E2M2 posted:

Maybe but he also didn't choke in every 4th quarter after having a 3-1 lead on a team, lose, and join said super team.

Good Work You Get An HIV
Feb 22, 2016

Spacebump posted:

Maybe but he also didn't choke in every 4th quarter after having a 3-1 lead on a team, lose, and join said super team.

This is a valid point

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/Phil_Lewis_/status/870024782577848321

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

The Glumslinger posted:

It was a really horrible draft, and everyone was super sad for Toronto not being to draft Oden. KD wasn't really on the radar as top pick back then, he probably would have ended up a mid-lottery pick.

KD was absolutely hyped before he even played his first college game and would have gone 2nd no questions asked. Your average fan only knew greg oden because of the SI pieces and national games, but it was pretty clear KD was going 2.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Time posted:

KD was absolutely hyped before he even played his first college game and would have gone 2nd no questions asked. Your average fan only knew greg oden because of the SI pieces and national games, but it was pretty clear KD was going 2.

KD was hyped enough out of high school that I was disappointed he went to Texas and thought he might be a future all star before he ever played a college game. Nothing like LeBron hype but it still existed to people that vaguely pay attention to potential future NBA players online.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Spacebump posted:

its impossible to overstate how bitchmade kevin durant is

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

E2M2 posted:

Yes but in that analogy Pierce actually did stand up to the bullies until he made friends with KG and Allen and fought back.

KD and his friends got beat up, then joined the bullies to beat up on his friends

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Westbrook is the friend that KD used to have until he started hanging out with the cool kids and completely ditched and forgot about.

KD is Regina George and Westbrook is Janis Ian. Klay is whoever Amanda Seyfried played

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

draymonds the only bully the rest of the warriors are just this kid:

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

The Glumslinger posted:

Speaking of Wilt, the Wilt Archive posted about 20 minutes of footage from the 1964 finals

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USUgRNDkupA

He looks real good

lol at 1:45 I like 1964's Joey Crawford

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Except witnesses say that he wasn't there. At worst he held a door to stop people from interfering and even that was never established.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

Lockback posted:

I saw this and was cheered up that vandals would be so succinct and straight-forward and not crude. Then looked it up and saw it was actually a very different insult starting with N.

IMO we need to start a SAS polite vandalism campaign. DeMar DeRozan wakes up with a giant removable sticker on his door saying "YOUR WIN SHARES SUGGEST YOU ARE ENTIRELY OVERRATED SIR"

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Ghost Dog posted:

draymonds the only bully the rest of the warriors are just this kid:

lmfao

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Spacebump posted:

Russ was the one who dribbled it off his foot in the last minute of game 7. He's the one who got bitchmade, imo.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

drat. You don't see Lebron at a loss for words much.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Panzeh posted:

Russ was the one who dribbled it off his foot in the last minute of game 7. He's the one who got bitchmade, imo.

check their field goal %s in the 4th quarters. Russ shot better. The collapse is more on KD than him. Also, if messing up in the last minute of a game 7 makes someone "bitchmade" what does that make last year's Warriors?

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Westbrook dribbled off his foot because he was busy being the only one on the team trying to actually win the game. KD was just standing in the corner thinking of a way he could ask his neighbors to move their RV that has been parked in front of his house for 3 months without them getting mad at him.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

you are asking for a shakespeare esque expansion of the english language to make about a thousand more synonyms of shook

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

WhyteRyce posted:

Westbrook dribbled off his foot because he was busy being the only one on the team trying to actually win the game. KD was just standing in the corner thinking of a way he could ask his neighbors to move their RV that has been parked in front of his house for 3 months without them getting mad at him.

He was already thinking about what he was gonna write in his Player's Tribune article.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

WhyteRyce posted:

This might explain why he was effectively guarded by Jason Kidd or Mario Chalmers in playoff situations. They're relatively short compared to him and shorter people remind him of these troublesome neighbors.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

KD is going to choke in the Finals. I can feel it in my bones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Strawberry Panda posted:

KD is going to choke in the Finals. I can feel it in my bones.

Last time he was in the finals, he averaged 30 a game on 55% FG and 40% from 3

So I'm gonna disagree

• Locked thread