Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pivo
Aug 20, 2004

MA-Horus posted:

Yeah I got the $40/mo on public mobile, but any of the major carriers, jesus. My gf pays $120/month on rogers for talk/text/2.5gb. It's crazy.

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cell-phone-services/city-of-toronto/koodo-48-m-6gb-unlimited-plan-by-jamie/1171485909?null

Tons of people like this that will gladly trick the incumbents on your behalf. Your gf would break even in 2 months.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

http://mobilesyrup.com/2017/05/24/android-pay-canada-may-31-mobile-payments/

Finally

Squatch Ambassador
Nov 12, 2008

What? Never seen a shaved Squatch before?
Now to wait and see how long it takes Paypal integration for Android Pay to come to Canada. I don't expect the credit union I bank with to directly support Pay anytime soon, if ever.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

It seems like it will support Visa Canada at launch which is perfect for me, I can't wait. The TD mobile payment app is a pile of hot buggy garbage.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord
Why not just use the cards themselves?

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Risky Bisquick posted:

Why not just use the cards themselves?

Because if I can use my phone, I don't have to bring my wallet with me when I go to places like the gym. It would be very convenient. The same as all payment apps are. That really isn't a valid question in 2017.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord
What if your phone dies?

also what gym still scans bar codes?

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Phones have all-day batteries now, it won't die if you keep it charged up before you go. And bar codes for gyms are usually attached to keys which we have to carry everywhere still assuming you live somewhere with a lock or have to drive to/from a gym. Why are you trolling? It's not difficult to imagine why people want mobile payment apps in 2017.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord
Not trolling, just trying to understand the use case for the wallet apps and whatever.

fyi my gym has a proxy pass with a barcode, but there is no barcode reader so

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug

CLAM DOWN posted:

It seems like it will support Visa Canada at launch which is perfect for me, I can't wait. The TD mobile payment app is a pile of hot buggy garbage.

The entire TD app is a pile of hot buggy garbage along with the infrastructure that supports it.

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005
The TD app still doesn't loving support tap to pay on the S7 with Nougat on their debit cards. I suspect my S8 won't ever work on it.

I wish these assholes would succumb to better options and just support Samsung and Android Pay

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
TD delenda est

If I didn't need Visa debit, I'd have left them a decade ago.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

I'm pretty happy with TD overall and they have really helpful customer service when I've had to contact them, but holy hell their app/mobile payment is brutal.

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005

Mister Facetious posted:

TD delenda est

If I didn't need Visa debit, I'd have left them a decade ago.

I'll jump from TD to the first bank that both supports Samsung pay on debit and isn't CIBC because TD certainly isn't going to be it

Their customer service is great as clam said but their technology is dinosaur era and my only interactions with their customer service are when I lose my debit card. That wouldn't be a problem if I didn't need the drat card to make payments

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Android Pay rolling out and apparently no support for TD Visa. I'm so loving annoyed at this, their own app is pure poo poo and doesn't work, so what the gently caress am I supposed to use?

I want to call them and bitch about this or something because I'm sick of paying fees/being a customer and getting this garbage in return.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord
Get an iPhone :ssh:

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

CLAM DOWN posted:

I want to call them and bitch about this or something because I'm sick of paying fees/being a customer and getting this garbage in return.

Canadatelecom.txt

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

JoelJoel posted:

Canadatelecom.txt

Privatized hydro.txt

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord

Mister Facetious posted:

Privatized hydro.txt

canadianbanks.txt

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Man, our country's corporate policies suck...

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord

Mister Facetious posted:

Man, our country's corporate policies suck...

Citizen, it is your civic duty and get an iphone 7 for 0 down and only $120 a month with 2gb of data from robellus

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
*Uses ApplePay to pay $80/month BELLMTS cell phone bill*

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug

CLAM DOWN posted:

Android Pay rolling out and apparently no support for TD Visa. I'm so loving annoyed at this, their own app is pure poo poo and doesn't work, so what the gently caress am I supposed to use?

The priority of the Android mobile team was to spend 5 months cramming in a way to push ads to your phone rather than making the financial part of their banking app work properly.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Hah yeah, loving banks are as bad as telecoms

I've never switched banks before and literally have no idea how or who I'd switch to. It'll be a huge pain swapping over all my bills and direct deposit, ugh. Why can't loving TD just get their loving act in gear and loving let me use Android Pay god loving dammit I'm real mad about this actually irl *shits self*

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord

Ensign Expendable posted:

The priority of the Android mobile team was to spend 5 months cramming in a way to push ads to your phone rather than making the financial part of their banking app work properly.

What if the banking app posted ads while you paid for things, this is the Google way :monocle:

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

CLAM DOWN posted:

*shits self*

Canadatelecom.txt

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum

CLAM DOWN posted:

Hah yeah, loving banks are as bad as telecoms

I've never switched banks before and literally have no idea how or who I'd switch to.

It's super easy to switch banks and PC Financial (which is also CIBC) has no fees and you get grocery points.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Scudworth posted:

It's super easy to switch banks and PC Financial (which is also CIBC) has no fees and you get grocery points.

And no Visa debit. :downsowned:

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum

Mister Facetious posted:

And no Visa debit. :downsowned:

I dunno, dude seems to want Android pay real bad, and you can have multiple bank accounts...

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Scudworth posted:

I dunno, dude seems to want Android pay real bad, and you can have multiple bank accounts...

I want mobile payments. TD Mobile Pay is poo poo garbage and doesn't work 50% of the time, so yes I want Android Pay.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Have you paused to consider perhaps the problem is the Android phone and not everyone else in the world conspiring against you?

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

BGrifter posted:

Have you paused to consider perhaps the problem is the Android phone and not everyone else in the world conspiring against you?

Lmao what, I don't think the world is conspiring against me. I fully understand that Apply Pay is supported by far more entities and has been rolled out in a far better way. I also hate iOS and iPhones and will not use one for my personal phone.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

CLAM DOWN posted:

Lmao what, I don't think the world is conspiring against me. I fully understand that Apply Pay is supported by far more entities and has been rolled out in a far better way. I also hate iOS and iPhones and will not use one for my personal phone.

My bank isn't doing it either. I was disappointed that Tangerine isn't on the list of banks supporting it, but I guess you have to be a pretty major ba--

Newspaper Article posted:

Android Pay will work with Visa and MasterCard credit cards from [...] Canadian Tire Financial Services

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord

CLAM DOWN posted:

I also hate things that work, drat this iPhone with its grid and pages full of icons I cannot customize.

Comedy option carry an iPad with you to use for mobile payments you are so desperate for.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

I have an iPhone actually, from work, and sorry but it's loving trash.

Evis
Feb 28, 2007
Flying Spaghetti Monster

CLAM DOWN posted:

I have an iPhone actually, from work, and sorry but it's loving trash.

Both platforms have their weak points but if privacy or security mean anything to you I'm not sure how you can use anything but an iPhone or maybe a Pixel.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Evis posted:

Both platforms have their weak points but if privacy or security mean anything to you I'm not sure how you can use anything but an iPhone or maybe a Pixel.

I use both of those shhh

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005
I too am looking at switching. I would prefer Samsung Pay but was holding out in case TD supported Android Pay upon launch.

Is CIBC half decent? They seem to be willing to support Android Pay for both debit and credit and they are the only ones whose Visa works on Samsung Pay right now. I barely talk to my bank ever except to get replacement debit cards when I lose them and send an interac e transfer once or twice a month.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
I had to deal with a hosed up interac transfer a few months ago and the CIBC people were far more helpful than TD. Idk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005
I switched my checking, savings and credit card accounts today for mobile payments today because I'm a loving nerd. Good bye TD hello CIBC!