Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

If you thought Bush was bad just wait until Trump has to deal with a serious catastrophe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

pumpinglemma posted:

Trump is all of those things, though, while also bringing new and hitherto unexplored depths of awful to the table. (And I don't remember people calling Bush a traitor.)
Oh, they did.

A big part of our current problem is we've overheated our rhetoric so much that criticisms of Trump sound exactly like criticisms of past presidents. We have no words to explain how he's different.

Lassitude
Oct 21, 2003

Pellisworth posted:

Wasn't Michael Cohen the lawyer who was traveling to Europe and supposedly met with Russians?

Yes. He is also a target of the probe.

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/05/30/congressional-russia-probe-now-includes-trump-lawyer-michael-cohen.html

The guy is a colossal piece of poo poo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nps8o-godjE

When Trump raped one of his ex-wives he also defended Trump by saying under the law a husband forcing himself on his wife is not classified as rape.

Lassitude fucked around with this message at 22:58 on May 31, 2017

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Flip Yr Wig posted:

I happily choose to believe that Barron actually thought that was his dad's head and shouted "mommy mommy" after seeing it on his TV screen.
His nanny's name is "Mommy"? Mother's day must be confusing.

Xae posted:

Part of me wonders if we're going to watch "The Left" OD and rage and hatred for 4-8 years like The Right did with Obama.
gently caress you. I'm losing my healthcare and human rights, the motherfuck "right" actually gained those under Obama so don't you loving DARE compare the situations because some anonymous internet rear end in a top hat made a joke that no one will ever see at the expense of the poo poo spawn of a poo poo spawn of a poo poo spawn because THIS one might be the magical one that breaks the endless cycle of insulated privilege to be an actual person instead of a slimy potato/money golem like the rest of his poo poo family. Also the weird as poo poo "guys he MIGHT be retarded so we can't make fun of him!!!!1" thread that's cropped up. gently caress him, gently caress his father, gently caress his family.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Ekster posted:

If you thought Bush was bad just wait until Trump has to deal with a serious catastrophe.
With a serious local catastrophe. He has proven that he's quite unable/unwilling to read the mood wrt international catastrophes/tragedies. Hell, has he said/tweeted anything on the Portland Stabbing victims?

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Lot of people bringing up Barron Trump in a dumb way lately, I don't think anyone ever cared about whether Obama's kids saw large mobs of angry people lynch and burn effigies of their dad.

A thought occurs to me with all the talk about Barron, when was the last time he has even visited his kid? must be 3 or 4 months by now.

BardoTheConsumer
Apr 6, 2017

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Wark Say posted:

Wait, are we letting the whole "russian intervention/hacking" thing slip away already?

It's subtle but it's different. The Russians affected voters, bush literally stole... was it florida? I feel like it involved Jeb!

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

BardoTheConsumer posted:

It's subtle but it's different. The Russians affected voters, bush literally stole... was it florida? I feel like it involved Jeb!
Ah, yeah! I remember that. Yes, it was Florida.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Ekster posted:

The thing is, on one hand yes he'll be disastrous.

On the other I doubt he'll be able to so adeptly use a catastrophe as Bush's administration did. The skill with which the GOP used 9/11 to advance their political aims was loving horrible.

Arturo Ui
Apr 14, 2005

Forums Bosch Expert

Wark Say posted:

With a serious local catastrophe. He has proven that he's quite unable/unwilling to read the mood wrt international catastrophes/tragedies. Hell, has he said/tweeted anything on the Portland Stabbing victims?

There was a statement on the @POTUS account that was obviously not written by him. Nothing on @RealDonaldTrump, or heaven forbid, an actual live statement.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Ekster posted:

Can someone go ahead and get Kanye to record "Donald Trump does not care about people." Will most likely come in handy down the road.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

jeb purged legit voters, they threw out legit ballots, the supreme court wrongly ended recounts.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Groovelord Neato posted:

jeb purged legit voters, they threw out legit ballots, the supreme court wrongly ended recounts.

Lol if you think there weren't voter purges in 2016.

carticket
Jun 28, 2005

white and gold.

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Lot of people bringing up Barron Trump in a dumb way lately, I don't think anyone ever cared about whether Obama's kids saw large mobs of angry people lynch and burn effigies of their dad.

A thought occurs to me with all the talk about Barron, when was the last time he has even visited his kid? must be 3 or 4 months by now.

At the longest, since Easter.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Night10194 posted:

The thing is, on one hand yes he'll be disastrous.

On the other I doubt he'll be able to so adeptly use a catastrophe as Bush's administration did. The skill with which the GOP used 9/11 to advance their political aims was loving horrible.

There are other kinds of catastrophes. Trump will have a Katrina. He will handle it worse than Bush.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Once every couple weeks or so I see a Trump regret that is so hilarious and infuriating that it has to be shared. You stupid motherfucker, you rely heavily on Medicaid and you voted for the GOP?

https://twitter.com/Freeyourmindkid/status/867017727206141952

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

lol i'm disabled and can't work don't cut my medicaid but cut welfare for those other people that also can't work or don't make enough.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Rigel posted:

Once every couple weeks or so I see a Trump regret that is so hilarious and infuriating that it has to be shared. You stupid motherfucker, you rely heavily on Medicaid and you voted for the GOP?

gently caress that rear end in a top hat he's still crying that they aren't cutting welfare instead.

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum
Thread rules have been updated again, because apparently some people can't leave literal children out of this.

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Ekster posted:

According to Trump, on 9/11 he was in his apartment watching people jump off the Towers 4 miles away, in New Jersey watching thousands of Muslims celebrate, and at Ground Zero helping to clear rubble so I assume during a serious catastrophe he'll simply spread his arms and transcend the bonds of time and space again.

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug

A lovely Reporter posted:

Thread rules have been updated again, because apparently some people can't leave literal children out of this.

this is 2017 theres no fucken rules, dude

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Wasn't there a Trump story about 7-Eleven or something like that? I'm beginning to think that the dementia started earlier than expected.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

Rigel posted:

I lust for Chuck death.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
With what's happening at the EPA I think it's more likely we will have a serious environmental catastrophe

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Duke Igthorn posted:

According to Trump, on 9/11 he was in his apartment watching people jump off the Towers 4 miles away, in New Jersey watching thousands of Muslims celebrate, and at Ground Zero helping to clear rubble so I assume during a serious catastrophe he'll simply spread his arms and transcend the bonds of time and space again.

Also calling in to a recorded news show to talk about how happy he was that his is the tallest building now!

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could cut medicaid and kill all the woodchucks?

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Hollismason posted:

With what's happening at the EPA I think it's more likely we will have a serious environmental catastrophe

What do you mean "will have"? There are a multitude of environmental catastrophes occuring on any given day.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Hollismason posted:

I've never worked with a less effective organization than the EPA

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

Rigel posted:

This is a great example of why you should never feel sorry for these idiots. I promise he'd be totally fine with losing his healthcare as long as plenty of brown people have it worse than he does.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Rigel posted:

If you ask someone: Which party is more likely to try to cut Medicaid and similar programs the answer will always be the GOP. For someone who worked all his life he sure doesn't seem like he was alive during the tenure of any Republicans.

I mean it doesn't even matter if you think cutting it is a good or bad thing, just check the voting records. Just look at the party line, or hell just ask people around you with better memory than you.
This isn't even stupidity, this is willfully erasing reality from your mind and replacing it with fantasy.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

There Bias Two posted:

What do you mean "will have"? There are a multitude of environmental catastrophes occuring on any given day.

I'm thinking like huge hurricane. Katrina levels huge. Big hurricane. The best.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Blitz7x posted:

Now you get why Nixon created it in the first place.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Blitz7x posted:

Are you loving stupid? EPA regulations made our air not like China.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

Mustached Demon posted:

I'm thinking like huge hurricane. Katrina levels huge. Big hurricane. The best.

Donald Trump will send humanitarian assistance and twitter well-givings to Russia after the first hurricane it has seen in over a century.

North Dakota will see zero in relief funds.

Edit: Meant North Carolina but at this rate who knows.

ded redd fucked around with this message at 23:22 on May 31, 2017

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

evilmiera posted:

If you ask someone: Which party is more likely to try to cut Medicaid and similar programs the answer will always be the GOP. For someone who worked all his life he sure doesn't seem like he was alive during the tenure of any Republicans.

I mean it doesn't even matter if you think cutting it is a good or bad thing, just check the voting records. Just look at the party line, or hell just ask people around you with better memory than you.
This isn't even stupidity, this is willfully erasing reality from your mind and replacing it with fantasy.

:qq: they were supposed to leave good honest white folk's benefit programs alone :qq:

Like it's clear the GOP feels like they have enough of a stranglehold on their idiot base that they can really go to town on non-rich white people now too.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
it's cool in trumps american to pick on *rich* people of color now too

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/19505341/racist-graffiti-was-reportedly-sprayed-front-gate-lebron-james-home-los-angeles

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Office Pig posted:

Donald Trump will send humanitarian assistance and twitter well-givings to Russia after the first hurricane it has seen in over a century.

Actually it'd be poetic if one hit DC and turned it into a literal swamp.

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

Office Pig posted:

Marlargo will get hit by a hurricane but all the relief aid will go into fixing and upgrading his golf course.

Snuffman fucked around with this message at 23:24 on May 31, 2017

Unzip and Attack
Mar 3, 2008

USPOL May

Blitz7x posted:

GIS 1970s LA skyline vs. today's.

There are stories of entire water systems across the country being rehabilitated due to the EPA's efforts. Don't buy the bullshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Mustached Demon posted:

Actually it'd be poetic if one hit DC and turned it into a literal swamp.

dc, like almost all cities, is filled with correct-thinking people who loathe republicans

• Locked thread