Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

NotJustANumber99 posted:

David Davis on amber rudd's performance tonight:

I think she did incredibly well, she was... sober.....

I'd certainly have to drink before I stepped on that stage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

this will fail also though because she doesn't have any policies to talk about and the ukip well is pretty much run dry for her brexit talk.

they must really be in panic mode.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Maybe all the Tories were too busy thinking about Brexit to show up.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

bwahahahahahahah

fake news

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

NotJustANumber99 posted:

David Davis on amber rudd's performance tonight:

I think she did incredibly well, she was... sober.....

Hey now that's good for a tory on telly.

[osborneincommons.gif]

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Edit: mispost

Pissflaps fucked around with this message at 22:55 on May 31, 2017

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
i was out for a work leaving do how was the debate?

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

waffle posted:

YouGov, Prime Purveyor of "Hope" (these data didn't go into their seat projections)
https://twitter.com/SamCoatesTimes/status/870025022760513536
Hard to believe that less than a year ago I would have confidently predicted that Davey Cameron's bungling of the Brexit referendum would cement him as the most inept Conservative leader for many, many years.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

:getin:
https://twitter.com/AbiWilks/status/870034847473053697

Lord_Adonis
Mar 2, 2015

by Smythe

Tesseraction posted:

Single market access, which Labour is pushing for, gives you this, though? Leaving the EU but staying in the single market gives you freedom of movement.

This is true, I believe that Labour will negotiate a superior deal than the Cons are capable of negotiating. However, how likely are the EU to agree to this? If Labour decide to join the EFTA, then will Norway, Switzerland and Iceland necessarily let us join? I agree that if Labour are able to negotiate successfully in accordance with their 'red lines', then it would result in the best deal possible with the EU.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Vitamin P posted:

Nuttall got a massive round of applause for pointing out the islamic elephant in the room. I disagree with him about it entirely but the current liberal rhetoric on islamic extremists obviously isn't doing the job.

Okay I get ukip are bad and you don't want to agree with him ITT but what was entirely wrong about his points that most radicalisation happens in prisons (partly as a result of cuts) and is funded by Sunni extremists we fall over to sell arms to?

Snipee
Mar 27, 2010

TACD posted:

Hard to believe that less than a year ago I would have confidently predicted that Davey Cameron's bungling of the Brexit referendum would cement him as the most inept Conservative leader for many, many years.

The show is not over yet.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Gum posted:

He says crossing his fingers

I want labour to win.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Jose posted:

i was out for a work leaving do how was the debate?

Here's a short summary:

https://twitter.com/HouseofCards/status/869991064098160640

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Lord_Adonis posted:

This is true, I believe that Labour will negotiate a superior deal than the Cons are capable of negotiating. However, how likely are the EU to agree to this? If Labour decide to join the EFTA, then will Norway, Switzerland and Iceland necessarily let us join? I agree that if Labour are able to negotiate successfully in accordance with their 'red lines', then it would result in the best deal possible with the EU.

No clue but, I mean, can you think of anyone else in politics that you think would be better suited to negotiation in general than Corbyn at the moment? When the rest of them are all unhinged lunatics?

Lord of the Llamas
Jul 9, 2002

EULER'VE TO SEE IT VENN SOMEONE CALLS IT THE WRONG THING AND PROVOKES MY WRATH

Pissflaps posted:

There's not a single contradiction in any of those posts.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

https://twitter.com/Channel4News/status/870020852963614720

"Why does she go around saying things that are just not true?"

TheRat fucked around with this message at 23:01 on May 31, 2017

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?
One of Monopoly rip offs made in 90s Russia had an interesting twist: players *lost* 200 rubles for passing Go (to represent inflation, budget cuts and other unpleasantness). In addition to helping with immersion, this rule really sped the games up.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Lord_Adonis posted:

The EU wants this whole farce over and done with one way or another, preferably with a minimum of fuss. I'm pretty sure that they'd be happy with a Switzerland-style bilateral deal if the EFTA option doesn't work out.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

Okay I get ukip are bad and you don't want to agree with him ITT but what was entirely wrong about his points that most radicalisation happens in prisons (partly as a result of cuts) and is funded by Sunni extremists we fall over to sell arms to?

The bit where we don't talk about white Nazis getting 'radicalised', only the Muslims.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

I urge you to stop posting about me.

Tigey
Apr 6, 2015

TheRat posted:

His face looks more and more like that of a drunk grandad every day

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Wrong and unflappable

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

he looks suicidal lol david just quit you'll live longer

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

This 'Corbyn' character seems rather popular:

https://twitter.com/MissEllieMae/status/870036882595491840

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

TheRat posted:

This 'Corbyn' character seems rather popular:

https://twitter.com/MissEllieMae/status/870036882595491840

Amazing what acting like an actual human being does for you.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
I'm quite fond of this Jeremy Corbyn chap. I hope he does well at the voting.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
Why have the Tories had such a horrible campaign? I know Labour got a new team in but it's not like the Conservative party have no idea how to do what they need to do in a general election.

deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008

TheRat posted:

Low energy, sad!

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Hoops posted:

Why have the Tories had such a horrible campaign? I know Labour got a new team in but it's not like the Conservative party have no idea how to do what they need to do in a general election.

TMay is the british Hillary Clinton.

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

Cerebral Bore posted:

The EU wants this whole farce over and done with one way or another, preferably with a minimum of fuss. I'm pretty sure that they'd be happy with a Switzerland-style bilateral deal if the EFTA option doesn't work out.

The EU lost patience with Switzerland in like 2012 over the complexity of the bilateral arrangement has been engaged in an argument with them over free movement for the last few years - I don't think they have an appetite for an a la carte 100 treaty relationship with the uk

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Hoops posted:

labour have been expecting this since May became leader so were prepared while may just announced it unexpectedly for the tories. That and they assumed she was really popular because she'd never been challenged in public outside of PMQ's that most people don't watch then she had a meltdown

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Hoops posted:

Turns out an ouroboros of sticking the knife in each other is a poor position from which to announce a snap election.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Hoops posted:

Arrogance. They thought they would crush it without trying.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Hoops posted:

Why? Cameron was uniquely good at his job in the same way Blair was, but the thread's been saying since May got in that she's a loving idiot who will get ripped to shreds if she actually tries to run a campaign. She isn't good at governing, she isn't good at people, she looks like the wicked witch of the southeast, she's got nothing going for her.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
I thought Brexit was wank and not happening,
Trump was ridiculous and not happening,
Corbyn was unfortunately wrong and a mistake... but... maybe third times a charm and its one for the good guys!

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
The problem with the chants and the crowds is that it's being done by people who actively paying attention and getting involved.

Elections are decided by old people who's deeply held politics are based off of half remembered headlines from articles they never read and who's interaction with the outside world is sneering at the Indian lad selling them their milk.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Snipee posted:

The show is not over yet.
For sure, but it's already clear that Theresa May and/or her Team have completely cocked up their own snap election to an astonishing degree.

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

Hoops posted:

they thought they were going against the labour of old who wouldn't offer an alternative and could just keep it low key and sleepwalk through it by talking about brexit alone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Ayyyyyy

https://twitter.com/HackneyAbbott/status/870013211168452608

• Locked thread