Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Look Professor, a destruct switch!

Well the estimated arrival for mine has shifted back to Tuesday, so I'm gonna have to wait a few more days for my pile of plastic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes

Peas and Rice posted:

Oh christ, what did I do?

Yeah, I just looked at my order... I thought I was making good progress in getting my current bones painted... one step forward 3005 back.

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.

Bucnasti posted:

Yeah, I just looked at my order... I thought I was making good progress in getting my current bones painted... one step forward 3005 back.

I know I thought at one point "hey it would be cool to have all this graveyard stuff to paint!" and now I'm like "what in the holy hell was I thinking." I finished painting my last bones in 2015.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
Wrong thread again

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

He damned me for a eunuch,
and my mother for a whore.

Fun Shoe

Peas and Rice posted:

I know I thought at one point "hey it would be cool to have all this graveyard stuff to paint!" and now I'm like "what in the holy hell was I thinking." I finished painting my last bones in 2015.

I'm kinda feeling the same way, though that's mostly because I can't quite figure out how to put the roof onto the mausoleum so that it's removable. (Also I've already managed to lose the tiny hinge piece for the front door somewhere on a patterned carpet :doh:)

Really looking forward to doing the Graveyard Golem, though. I like how he looks like he's built from leftover bits of Tim Burton scenery.

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?

Dr. Gargunza posted:

I'm kinda feeling the same way, though that's mostly because I can't quite figure out how to put the roof onto the mausoleum so that it's removable.

I've been debating on how to do that too ever since I saw the update featuring it. Is there nothing for the roof to kind of 'catch' on to let it rest? If not, I suspect you could do something with plasticard to create little notches somewhere. Maybe with rare earth magnets while you're at it, if you're whacko enough.

Since I'm in wave 3 I won't be getting my mausoleum until at the very least next week (and probably closer to the week of June 5th), but I'm determined to make the roof detachable.

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

Fun Shoe

Slimnoid posted:

I've been debating on how to do that too ever since I saw the update featuring it. Is there nothing for the roof to kind of 'catch' on to let it rest? If not, I suspect you could do something with plasticard to create little notches somewhere. Maybe with rare earth magnets while you're at it, if you're whacko enough.

There are shelves at the tops of the longer walls that should hold the roof; it's just that the roof itself is a bit overlong. It's designed to fit into slots on the short walls, which I find bewildering; there's decent detail on the interior walls, why would you not want that to be more visible? Come on, Reaper.
It'll just take some cutting to make the roof slip into place from the top and sit on the shelves, but I'm not in the mood to tackle that right now; gotta find the hinge cover first (or jury-rig one out of greenstuff and a coffee stirrer).

Anyone know if there are assembly instructions for the Sledgehammer BFG? Most of it is pretty straightforward, but there are all these little extraneous greeblies that just don't seem to fit anywhere and aren't visible in the photos.

Falstaff
Apr 27, 2008

I have a kind of alacrity in sinking.

According to the tracking info, my Bones reached a depot in my province yesterday... So I should be getting them any day now! :woop:

Yep, any day now... :f5:

E: And it arrived! Now to not paint anything! :D

E2: Good lord this is a lot of plastic. What was I thinking?

Falstaff fucked around with this message at 22:30 on May 29, 2017

Imazul
Sep 3, 2006

This was actually a lot more bearable than most of you made it out to be.
Yeah that Ma'aldrakar is huge and will probably take me a year to paint.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

You know how earlier I said I didn't care about being in wave 8 because after all this time a couple weeks couldn't matter?

I lied.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Woo! Got my postage confirmation!!

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Captain Invictus posted:

Woo! Got my postage confirmation!!

That poor delivery dude.

How many pounds is your order? 50+?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Probably like 60 or 70. The last one was 110 or so.

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Secure. Contain. Protect.
Fallen Rib
If it's one box, it's under 70. 70 and above, they split it in two. Cheaper that way.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Sweet, I got mine in a repurposed ma'al drakar box, which could only contain two per. Bigger than expected!

e: Oh sweet, I got my ma'al drakar in a retail box, baller:

Haven't opened any of the boxed sets like the core set, just the loosies, but there it is.

Bad Munki fucked around with this message at 17:52 on May 30, 2017

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Ashcans posted:

You know how earlier I said I didn't care about being in wave 8 because after all this time a couple weeks couldn't matter?

I lied.

I think I'm Wave 5? Are all the waves the same size? I can't remember from the campaign.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

Oh poo poo, they're already shipping wave 3! I'm in wave 3! SO MANY TINY PLASTIC MANS COMING TO MY MAILBOX.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

food court bailiff posted:

I think I'm Wave 5? Are all the waves the same size? I can't remember from the campaign.

Yes, more or less, most waves are 2000 people, although to get into wave 1 or 2 you had to pledge for a core set; subsequent waves had 1500 cores and 500 additional people picking up whatever. Wave 7 is 763 people and Wave 8 is 656, so they are less than a regular wave combined. Basically we'd expect a steady pace through Wave 6 and then they'll finish up the rest faster.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

I was wave 1 and I didn't get a core set.

Shubby is insane, I might actually have to paint this crazy thing.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

That is both huge and really rad, you should definitely paint it.

I was going by the stuff on the kickstarter page for the wave stuff, the only wave 1 option shown is for core pledges. I have no idea if that can get muddled or changed or what following the end of the kickstarter though, so maybe its all wrong. :iiam: Did you pledge at the $100 level and then just pick a bunch of other stuff in the pledge manager?

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Yeah, I just used the credit for what I wanted from the core set and add ons, there wasn't enough in the core set that I liked to justify getting another giant core set that's going to never be used.

What are the little squares in the Graveyard Fences set used for? I see they plug the pillars, but one side has copywrite info and the other side has a strange protusion that doesn't look right either.

Falstaff
Apr 27, 2008

MasterSlowPoke posted:

What are the little squares in the Graveyard Fences set used for? I see they plug the pillars, but one side has copywrite info and the other side has a strange protusion that doesn't look right either.

I'm a little confused about that, myself.

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Secure. Contain. Protect.
Fallen Rib
Additional data point: The system considers it a separate order each time you went back and re-locked your pledge after adding stuff. It's all shipped out in one package (barring something over 70 lbs), and the place in line is based on the first lock-in date, but it matters for the number of orders in the tracker, and likely for how long it takes to pull the orders.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Oh, in that case, you're all welcome for knocking out four orders at once, but also sorry for making my order take four times as long. v:downs:v

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

I was in wave 5 and got mine last week.

The next KS will be june or july based on what they said?

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I am fairly certain that the little squares with the weird tab are just so that they can meet the requirements of manufacturing. The pillars are designed in such a way that there is no place to put the made-in-china unless they made the pillar solid which obviously they didn't want to do. So the workaround was to have the little made in China label be a separate piece that is intended to be attached. Clearly there is no reason that you should attach this I believe it is just a cover their rear end when it comes to the whole country of origin thing that they have to put on there.

MasterSlowPoke posted:

Yeah, I just used the credit for what I wanted from the core set and add ons, there wasn't enough in the core set that I liked to justify getting another giant core set that's going to never be used.

Indolent Bastard fucked around with this message at 11:39 on May 31, 2017

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Spiderdrake posted:

I was in wave 5 and got mine last week.

The next KS will be june or july based on what they said?

Uh, what? They're still shipping out Wave 3 right now.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

food court bailiff posted:

Uh, what? They're still shipping out Wave 3 right now.

He's in Canadistan.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Indolent Bastard posted:

I am fairly certain that the little squares with the weird tab are just so that they can meet the requirements of manufacturing. The pillars are designed in such a way that there is no place to put the made-in-china unless they made the pillar solid which obviously they didn't want to do. So the workaround was to have the little made in China label be a separate piece that is intended to be attached. Clearly there is no reason that you should attach this I believe it is just a cover their rear end when it comes to the whole country of origin thing that they have to put on there.

The plugs go in the top, though:

So either there's text or a weird sprue piece to clean up. No big deal, just weird.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

I'm thinking about filling mine with lead shot to give them some ballast and heft, but I haven't gotten to check yet if there's enough space to really put anything worthwhile in there.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

MasterSlowPoke posted:

The plugs go in the top, though:

So either there's text or a weird sprue piece to clean up. No big deal, just weird.

I'll be damned. You're right.

As you say though, no big deal.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

Got my shipping notification. IT"S HAPPENING.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Got my 11 pound package, will open tonight! Delight mixes with remorse. Why did I buy this stuff, again? Oh yeah, because it's cool and fun. But also a giant waste of money. But toys! Toys I'll mostly never ever use.

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?

It's happening.

Falstaff
Apr 27, 2008

Got my bones assembled, washed, and sorted! Ready for painting!

(...yeah, I'm basically never going to finish all these.)

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

I'm still mad at Reaper :colbert:

Crosspostin' Nathavarr

NTRabbit posted:

:smaug: OATH COMPLETE! :smaug:

Worth noting that the base was painted in the previous oath season as part of the Dragon's Don't Share tower set.

The white spots on the wings are polymer varnish that hasn't dried, the white spots on the base are clumsy fingers!

Claiming a flying start and double monster may-hem with my pair of dragons because There's more than one!

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

Falstaff posted:

Got my bones assembled, washed, and sorted! Ready for painting!

(...yeah, I'm basically never going to finish all these.)

I've gone from hype to nauseous.

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

Fun Shoe

Cat Face Joe posted:

I've gone from hype to nauseous.

I've found it helps if you separate and bag your minis by type. Like, all the orcs in one bag, elves in another, Asian-style beings in a third, all the spacemans, the lizardmans, why do i have so many lizardmans....

...Okay, maybe "helps" isn't the right word here. But it's great for, um, keeping perspective! :suicide:

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Dr. Gargunza posted:

I've found it helps if you separate and bag your minis by type. Like, all the orcs in one bag, elves in another, Asian-style beings in a third, all the spacemans, the lizardmans, why do i have so many lizardmans....

...Okay, maybe "helps" isn't the right word here. But it's great for, um, keeping perspective! :suicide:

I decided a year ago to put together models suitable for Frostgrave, so I got all my Bones I and II models and went through and separated out every figure that could be a fighter and every figure that could be a wizard.

I have enough figures for like... twenty simultaneous games of Frostgrave. Not counting any of my non-Bones figures, and not counting what I'll be adding from Bones III.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

Dr. Gargunza posted:

the issue is more that we just moved and there's no place to put all this. It'll be in its box for a long time.

• Locked thread