Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities

Jaxyon posted:

- berniebro-ing

Do you really think this had that much of an impact at all?

e: petrified doge tax

God is love, ladies and gents.:neckbeard:

Majorian fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Jun 1, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Jaxyon posted:

"she's supports a foreign policy that causes the death of innocents" are totally valid but rarely brought up

this is the number one thing brought up lmao

talking valid poo poo on clinton doesn't mean she's worse than trump, he's objectively worse. but someone isn't free from criticism because he's more awful by comparison.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

Bat-boy looking old.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Groovelord Neato posted:

sessions getting lynched would turn into autoerotic asphyxiation right quick.

Or poo poo himself whatever.

Prison shanking is also acceptable.

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

I thought my ideas were so clear. I wanted to make an honest post. No lies whatsoever.

Jaxyon posted:

Hillary is a corrupt politician

Stop while you're ahead.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Wark Say posted:

Man, screw those people.

Are we still pretending that Tiffany doesn't count?

I assure you it isn't a new concept to her.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

At first I thought the Russian guy was picking his nose.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

brother looks like baron harkonen.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006
Noah didn't retire and he didn't complain about climate change.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities

Trump permanently hobbled and Sessions out of office is the best-case scenario imo. It looks like that may well happen!

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Sure, lets also raise taxes on the rich if God wants them lower he will lower them himself.

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

Jaxyon posted:

- anger at her for losing to trump
You say this like it's unjustifiable. Any remotely qualified candidate would have beaten Trump in a landslide. She failed to beat him at all, and now the entire world gets to pay the price. Meanwhile, she refuses to admit any blame and is currently trying to use #TheResistance to resurrect her political career. Obviously she's not as bad as the actual Republicans, but every single person who could have stopped this plane crash and didn't deserves our utter contempt.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Majorian posted:

Do you really think this had that much of an impact at all?
Almost all the young people I saw interviewed after the convention who were Bernie supporters said they'd stick with him or vote Stein, and considering how we all thought Hillary had the election won, they probably voted that way.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

pumpinglemma posted:

You say this like it's unjustifiable. Any remotely qualified candidate would have beaten Trump in a landslide. She failed to beat him at all, and now the entire world gets to pay the price. Meanwhile, she refuses to admit any blame and is currently trying to use #TheResistance to resurrect her political career. Obviously she's not as bad as the actual Republicans, but every single person who could have stopped this plane crash and didn't deserves our utter contempt.

In what world is an accomplished senator and secretary of state not "remotely qualified"

Senju Kannon
Apr 9, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Josh Lyman posted:

Almost all the young people I saw interviewed after the convention who were Bernie supporters said they'd stick with him or vote Stein, and considering how we all thought Hillary had the election won, they probably voted that way.

pretty sure most bernie voters voted hillary, myself included. but the plural of anecdote isn't data

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

Low Desert Punk posted:

In what world is an accomplished senator and secretary of state not "remotely qualified"
I meant qualified as a candidate, not qualified to hold office. She would have made an excellent cabinet member.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Apoplexy posted:

Which one is Eric again? The bad Star Trek Changeling or the exotic animal murderer. Or is that the same one and Junior is housing other awful traits?

Eric is the one who looks like a wealthy version of Butthead from Beavis & Butthead.

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

Majorian posted:

Trump permanently hobbled and Sessions out of office is the best-case scenario imo. It looks like that may well happen!

lmbo if you think they're gonna can Sessions and his replacement won't be insane.
I for one welcome either 4 years of Sessions, or our new AG Joe Arpaio

Coca Koala
Nov 28, 2005

ongoing nowhere
College Slice

This is incredible, do you have the full citation or the article it's from? I googled Mettler 2010 and didn't get anything meaningful.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Majorian posted:

This. Trump maybe tossed. But I think sessions, Flynn, kush and maybe bannon and pence are hosed. Trump will probably end up like Johnson, hobbled and broken and ruined but not finished.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Willo567 posted:

This makes me worried about 2020 more than anything

There seem to be a lot of democrats who believe that nothing matters. If this attitude continues, Trump will win, as republicans sure as hell are motivated

Then again, I worry way too loving much

Don't forget that this was probably them trying to get back at the left for talk-bombing all the GOP's local townhalls the last couple months.

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.

Majorian posted:

It'll be harder to get Sessions because the FBI said it was okay to leave off meetings with dignitaries in his capacity as Senator when he filled out his security clearance. Obviously they were campaign meetings but that probably gives him enough wiggle room on any charges.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Willo567 posted:

This makes me worried about 2020 more than anything

There seem to be a lot of democrats who believe that nothing matters. If this attitude continues, Trump will win, as republicans sure as hell are motivated

Then again, I worry way too loving much

Trump's strong support is gradually eroding among Republicans.

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Trump's strong support is gradually eroding among Republicans.

They'll just switch to pushing harder for the issues that Trump represents. They're not going to suddenly love immigrants even if they admit their MAGALord is an empty suit.

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

Josh Lyman posted:

Pretty much everyone who has looked into it has said it's a very small number of Bernie supporters who voted for anyone other than Hillary (as opposed to staying home).

Of that set that did, it's my belief that very few actually supported Bernie because of his policies or his rhetoric. Bernie quickly became the NeverHillary candidate and that was a sizable chunk of his support (~20% of the party indicated they'd refuse to vote for Hillary before the Dem field was known, iirc). That's mostly based on those unfavorables and my intuition.

For Sanders voters in West Virginia, for instance: 44% said they'd go for Trump in a Trump/Clinton matchup, 31% said they'd not vote for either, and 23% said they'd go for Clinton. CBS didn't do a followup, so we don't know how those changed...but we do know that the WV Democratic Party is substantially further right than most states.

I'd be willing to bet that the overwhelming majority of those who went Bernie because of his policies turned out for Clinton in November, but I also believe that was around half of his support.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

trump has been president for less than 150 days and the story is about 20 people at a single townhall in california

if you are worried about that, i'm surprised you haven't had a stroke about literally everything else in the news

e:

Josh Lyman posted:

"my friends say x" is a bad way to measure the support for anything except "what should we do for dinner tonight"

QuoProQuid fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Jun 1, 2017

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Josh Lyman posted:

If only we had some kind of data about this

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

The Oath Breaker's about to hit warphead nine Kaptain!

Hey, that's my rep! I sent this dumb motherfucker an email and I'll try my best to call his office as a follow up.

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

How does this thread feel about Ken Jennings?

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

When you aren't thinking logically, and are just thinking based on team identification . . .you aren't thinking logically, and you think everything is going to happen based on team identification. And you don't realize that just 'cause you think someone's on your team, that doesn't mean they actually are.

This poo poo all evolves to help is deal with small pack / tribe social dynamics. It's instinctual, not reasoned.

True, and I know we all have our blind spots, but in that particular case, that was one hell of a blind spot!

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Cup of Hemlock posted:

An awesome dude

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

Cup of Hemlock posted:

He's a v funny dude. Top twitter pick.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

BlackIronHeart posted:

Hey, that's my rep! I sent this dumb motherfucker an email and I'll try my best to call his office as a follow up.

Ask him his stance on Jesus' time in the wilderness and the conversation he had with Satan while there. Something about not testing God or something like that. Plus the many mentions of humans being shepherds of the earth spread through the bible.

WorldsStongestNerd
Apr 28, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Low Desert Punk posted:

This is a bad argument. Rex Tilerson is a secretary of state and he's not qualified for anything. Paul Ryan is a senator and he's not qualified. Same for Sessions, or Rumsfeld, and plenty of others. There are a lot of people who are senators or who have served in high government posts who are absolute evil idiots. I make no judgement of Hillary in this post, but serving as a senator or a Secretary does not in itself imply a person is competent. You have Tim Walberg as an example just a few posts up.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Zil posted:

Ask him his stance on Jesus' time in the wilderness and the conversation he had with Satan while there. Something about not testing God or something like that. Plus the many mentions of humans being shepherds of the earth spread through the bible.

He had some really awesome stone bread and then ruled the world, right? That's how that went.

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug

Jaxyon posted:

"she's supports a foreign policy that causes the death of innocents" are totally valid but rarely brought up

every US foreign policy causes the death of innocents

i dont mean this in an edgelord way, just in a 'there are no perfect choices' way

MustelaFuro
May 6, 2007

Evolution: Reproduction of the fit enough.
In what page of this thread are the practical repercussions of Trump leaving the Paris Agreement discussed? I'd like to learn more about that.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Paul Ryan is a congressman.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Bishounen Bonanza posted:

This is a bad argument. Rex Tilerson is a secretary of state and he's not qualified for anything. Paul Ryan is a senator and he's not qualified. Same for Sessions, or Rumsfeld, and plenty of others. There are a lot of people who are senators or who have served in high government posts who are absolute evil idiots. I make no judgement of Hillary in this post, but serving as a senator or a Secretary does not in itself imply a person is competent. You have Tim Walberg as an example just a few posts up.

and thus why millennials can't get jobs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Bishounen Bonanza posted:

Didnt Clinton have a pretty good track record as a senator, especially in regards to womens rights and access to education?

• Locked thread