Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

theblastizard
Nov 5, 2009
Tlapnec has either reformed it's religion or it's doomed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Cure for cancer discovered!
Court physicians hate him!

theblastizard posted:

Tlapnec has either reformed it's religion or it's doomed.

They're High American, so they'll definitely be able to repel us unless we fully commit to that war. High American units are incredibly powerful, too.

Snipee
Mar 27, 2010

Captain Oblivious posted:

On the other hand, gently caress Morocco get out of our islands.

They've not been the best ally in the past anyway honestly.

I'm genuinely curious where we're going next in the New World. Where does the lion share of our attention go? North America or South?

I am very much in favor of a war with Morocco for those islands after we retake what is rightfully ours in Iberia. gently caress them for being such traitors.

theblastizard
Nov 5, 2009

Hashim posted:

They're High American, so they'll definitely be able to repel us unless we fully commit to that war. High American units are incredibly powerful, too.

I didn't realize they were High American. That would explain why they aren't Doomed

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

Break bread wit the enemy

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
Proposing a Joint Ulema/Loyalist vote!

Our lands need to be converted! Convert any provinces we can in Iberia!

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Got a couple policies going:

TildeATH posted:

Proposing Olé -- Conquer Iberia first and foremost and then take back historically Muslim lands like Corsica

TildeATH, Erwin the German, Dick Trauma, Snipee.

paragon1 posted:

I want to propose that we build a bunch of Regimental Camps and Barracks for the New Taifas' second policy, but I'm not sure where to suggest they be built/where they've already been built.

paragon1.
(paragon, I'll build them wherever they'll give us the greatest return, should this policy pass.)

Ralepozozaxe posted:

I, Ralepozozaxe, The Dalai Ullama, Propose the Brothers in Arm(enian)s Act. We should improve relations with the Armenians, get a royal marriage with them, ally them, and help them, whether with troops or moolah in any wars against the Crusaders of Egypt. For too long have the crusaders plagued the holy land, and now the Armenians are proving strong enough to kick them out. With our help, we cant rid the Levant and Egypt of these pests.

Ralepozozaxe.

GunnerJ posted:

Proposing the New World Diplomacy Act: Form the best possible beneficial diplomatic relationship* with one of the mainland native empires west of our island colonies. We'll need their help to deal with the rest of the native empires and then I guess the Ulema can go try to convert them, why not.

GunnerJ.

Talas posted:

Proposing the Northern Colonization Effort: Our islands are a good stepping stone to change the colonization focus to the greater lands in the north. The south of the continent is too sparsely inhabited for Islam to really take root... and for people to buy our stuff. And all that with the added bonus of eventually blocking the Celts or any other European power.
Some virgin lands or florid shores await us!

Talas.

---

Proposed coalitions:

Ulema and Jizrunid Loyalists

Affi posted:

Affi (Ulema).

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Concurring with the Ulema/Loyalist coalition to show that the Sultan is favored by Allah by converting all the provinces we can in Iberia to Islam.

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

I should probably add that it isn't going to be possible to convert all the provinces to Islam, because unless the Ulema are in power our missionary strength is pretty lovely. I'll still be able to convert one or maybe two provinces if the coalition policy passes, but definitely not all.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

Hashim posted:

I should probably add that it isn't going to be possible to convert all the provinces to Islam, because unless the Ulema are in power our missionary strength is pretty lovely. I'll still be able to convert one or maybe two provinces if the coalition policy passes, but definitely not all.

That's fine, making a start is better than nothing and will help to put a damper on those who would rebel against our glorious Sultan, thus leaving him free to demonstrate the blessings of his Jizrunid lineage.

Chatrapati
Nov 6, 2012

Affi posted:

I, Chatrapati of the Ulema, agree with the venerable Affi.

How can the Sultan be respected by those who would sooner revolt than recognise his faith?

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?
I'm inclined to go with TildeATH's proposal, but first I'm curious, how is France? Can we encourage rebellion there? If we could get Occitan separatists up that'd be great.

everydayfalls
Aug 23, 2016

quote:

paragon1 posted:
I want to propose that we build a bunch of Regimental Camps and Barracks for the New Taifas' second policy, but I'm not sure where to suggest they be built/where they've already been built.

A man after my own heart! All true able bodied men should serve.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

paragon1 posted:

I want to propose that we build a bunch of Regimental Camps and Barracks for the New Taifas' second policy, but I'm not sure where to suggest they be built/where they've already been built. Thoughts?

Also is there a limit to how many things can be built in a province?

Voting with this. Manpower is something that we've always struggled with, and keeping a deep pool to stop clown cars ramming into is us of utmost importance.

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

catlord posted:

I'm inclined to go with TildeATH's proposal, but first I'm curious, how is France? Can we encourage rebellion there? If we could get Occitan separatists up that'd be great.

Probably not. If they lose a war badly and their unrest spikes, then there's a chance, but they're not going to be losing wars anytime soon.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

paragon1 posted:

I want to propose that we build a bunch of Regimental Camps and Barracks for the New Taifas' second policy, but I'm not sure where to suggest they be built/where they've already been built. Thoughts?

I second this.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

TildeATH posted:

Proposing Olé -- Conquer Iberia first and foremost and then take back historically Muslim lands like Corsica

Supporting this

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

I, Hakam al-Soup of the Loyalists, propose that we build at least one, and more as money allows, Weapons Manufactories. Both our beloved Sultan and the ruling faction seem inclined for war, and we should support our burgeoning industries to support them.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Proposing Business Before Pleasure -- Conquer Iberia first and foremost and then take whatever steps are necessary ( military buildup, alliances, etc) to crush the Almorhavids and take as much territory from them as possible to punish them for their numerous betrayals.

Control of Iberia should be followed by control of the strait.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

Hashim posted:

Probably not. If they lose a war badly and their unrest spikes, then there's a chance, but they're not going to be losing wars anytime soon.

Ok, well then, I'm going to throw my support to this:

TildeATH posted:

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Affi posted:

I, Qaptin al-Blivious of the Loyalist, support this motion.

Tolerance is fine, but we could still stand to tip the demographics a bit in our favor where we can...

Duey
Sep 5, 2004

Hi
Nap Ghost

Affi posted:

I support this.

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

Talas posted:

Proposing the Northern Colonization Effort: Our islands are a good stepping stone to change the colonization focus to the greater lands in the north. The south of the continent is too sparsely inhabited for Islam to really take root... and for people to buy our stuff. And all that with the added bonus of eventually blocking the Celts or any other European power.

Some virgin lands or florid shores await us!

I oppose this course of action. The way the trade winds flow makes it much easier for trade to come into the Seville trade node.

Instead I propose the Southern Colonization Effort. We must colonize the southern continent and divert the trade back to Al-Andalus.

is the trade map, as you can see the only good part of North America is west of the Mississippi. Florida and the Thirteen Colonies are garbage for us and instead deliver trade to the bastards in France and the Celtic Isles.

edit: used an old trade map, what I said is still true though

MatchaZed fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Jun 1, 2017

Zakrelo
Dec 19, 2015

Affi posted:

Support

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
drat, we merchants lose power once and we're already splitting into factions over three different contradictory colonization proposals.

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

GunnerJ posted:

drat, we merchants lose power once and we're already splitting into factions over three different contradictory colonization proposals.

The first one doesn't even direct colonization. Also, it's all about the cash from trade, the land is secondary. There is no money for us in the north.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

WilliamAnderson posted:

The first one doesn't even direct colonization.

....yet.

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Friends are what make testing worth it.

Rodyle posted:

Proposing Business Before Pleasure -- Conquer Iberia first and foremost and then take whatever steps are necessary ( military buildup, alliances, etc) to crush the Almorhavids and take as much territory from them as possible to punish them for their numerous betrayals.

Gonna go ahead and support this, but i hope if we take land from Morocco we take evenly from their homeland and from the new world.

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Rodyle posted:

Agreed

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

WilliamAnderson posted:

The first one doesn't even direct colonization. Also, it's all about the cash from trade, the land is secondary. There is no money for us in the north.

William is simply factually correct in this. I'd forgotten the precise trade node map, but it is true that getting anything out of North America would be monumentally more effort than Central America/Carribean/South America.

We really have no incentive to gently caress with it.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Frankly we don't need anything but the Caribbean and the Western Med.

But we need every scrap of both.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

I just want us to start dicking around in Mesoamerican politics, all right?

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

Captain Oblivious posted:

William is simply factually correct in this. I'd forgotten the precise trade node map, but it is true that getting anything out of North America would be monumentally more effort than Central America/Carribean/South America.

We really have no incentive to gently caress with it.

I'm no Merchant, or soothsayer, but an Andalusi successor nation on North America is worth more than any amount of ducats we squeeze out of the Caribbean.

Mountaineer
Aug 29, 2008

Imagine a rod breaking on a robot face - forever

Affi posted:

I support this! If the Jizrunids worship Allah, it is only right that their subjects should do the same.

Grizzwold
Jan 27, 2012

Posters off the pork bow!

Rodyle posted:

Supported

Nine of Eight
Apr 28, 2011

LICK IT OFF, AND PUT IT BACK IN
Dinosaur Gum

Affi posted:

Supporting this noble endeavour

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Why are my fellow members of the New Taifas ranting about the Almoravids when Palermo is right over there!?

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice

TildeATH posted:

Putting my vote behind this.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Soup du Jour posted:

I'm no Merchant, or soothsayer, but an Andalusi successor nation on North America is worth more than any amount of ducats we squeeze out of the Caribbean.

Why not produce a successor nation in South America and make way more money in the process?

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

paragon1 posted:

I support this policy!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

paragon1 posted:

Why are my fellow members of the New Taifas ranting about the Almoravids when Palermo is right over there!?

why would we want an indefensible exclave in Italy when we could remove the dagger from our back?

If you're worried about Palermo so much you could always suggest vassalizing it. Without Sardinia, Corsica, and the Balears, any direct Italian possessions become difficult to defend anyway.