Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Bloodplay it again posted:

If you were born after 1979 but before 2000, you're a millennial.

What's 78?

I'm asking ... for a friend :ohdear:

Stux posted:

you know its not an exclusive right

Yeah but I'm not putting any more money into my PS4. There's other Switch things I want down the road, Sonic just gave me a good excuse.

Cool, thanks. One BoTW coming up.

some kinda jackal fucked around with this message at 23:12 on May 31, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004
I'm super excited about bringing my Switch to a rooftop party this weekend.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
I'm surprised there hasn't been a "my Switch got me laid" story ITT yet

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Anybody got any particular advice about a WiiU that has started having connection problems with the gamepad? I've tried re-syncing it, but it's not working.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Fix posted:

Anybody got any particular advice about a WiiU that has started having connection problems with the gamepad? I've tried re-syncing it, but it's not working.

Check for interference of other wireless devices including other game consoles. I recall the Xbone is particularly ornery when the Wii U is next to it.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmPJT5RirlY

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

It maybe another port, but that's a cool game to be honest.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

It looks like a match four phone haha with far too much voice acting and story

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Looks mediocre

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I thought that was that Double Fine game from a few years ago until I saw it was a freaking match-3 game lol

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004
It doesn't even have anime or boobs or anime boobs. :sad:

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Gonna need a Super Puzzle Fighter 2 Turbo port for that.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Sakurazuka posted:

I thought that was that Double Fine game from a few years ago until I saw it was a freaking match-3 game lol

I would much rather have that double fine game, games for Windows live included, than w/e the hell that is

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Martytoof posted:

They should have pair this with Ultra SF2 and then it would have been worth the $40.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Martytoof posted:

I would buy this in an instant

Squashing Machine
Jul 5, 2005

I mean boning, the wild mambo, the hunka chunka
Looking forward to paying $39.99 for Steampunk Puzzle Quest

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

bef posted:

I would much rather have that double fine game, games for Windows live included, than w/e the hell that is

Yeah for real, Iron Brigade was actually really good.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

XCOM for Switch when???

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
When they finish printing the $79.99 UPC stickers for it.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

LethalGeek posted:

I would buy this in an instant

I remember this being an amazing game so I would too. Probably one of the few tetris/match games I can stand.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

SeANMcBAY posted:

They should have pair this with Ultra SF2 and then it would have been worth the $40.

I would have preordered that game.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Should be a no-brainer for Capcom which means we've got no chance of ever seeing it.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

XCOM for Switch when???

XCOM would own.

Like the perfect system for it

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
Maybe I'm dumb, but is there a reason that it's a huge pain in the rear end to buy extra joycons for the system? Hoping to have folks over for some sweet sweet Mario Kart action but right now only 2 people can play at a time.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Alucard posted:

Maybe I'm dumb, but is there a reason that it's a huge pain in the rear end to buy extra joycons for the system? Hoping to have folks over for some sweet sweet Mario Kart action but right now only 2 people can play at a time.

Other than being expensive? Not really. My local GameStop has a number of them in store. Can't imagine they're that hard to get.

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider

Evil Fluffy posted:

This is the weirdest hill to die on, even in this post-covfefe world.
It ain't weird, it's knowing why preorders existed in the first place, which only Guy Goodbody seems to get. Digital preorders probably wouldn't have existed if physical preorders hadn't gotten accepted by the consumers first, and those got accepted because the consumer got something out of them other than having to wait for the download to finish. Before gaming stores got super into reselling used games, their razor thin margins meant that they were only ordering what they assumed that they were guaranteed to sell. At some point, it got so bad that if you hadn't preordered your copy, you'd probably have to wait for a shipment or two and not get your game for weeks. It was a gamble because you couldn't necessarily know if the game was going to be any good. When publishers had gotten serious about selling games digitally, supply limitations had all but vanished. There's no longer any point dealing with the risk of buying a game before making sure that you'll actually like it. Not preordering your physical copy meant that you'd know where the game stands on quality at the expense of risking getting your copy weeks later. The expense of not preordering digitally seems to only be that you'll have to spend half an hour downloading before you get to play. Big deal.

We aren't talking about the mid- 1970's here, this was still the situation halfway thru last generation.

The only possible argument I can see for digital preorders is that the risk is becoming moot since publishing platforms have gotten a lot better about refunds lately. But still, this is a new development and only Steam seems to be actually good about it so far.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Other than being expensive? Not really. My local GameStop has a number of them in store. Can't imagine they're that hard to get.

My local Best Buy, Target, and Gamestop have neither the Grey nor Red/Blue joycon combos. I figured that $80 for 2 joycons is comparable to $40 per 8bitdo pro controller. Then I can have one set nested in the console and one loaded into the grip controls, and 4 person play with them split out.

nah thanks
Jun 18, 2004

Take me out.

MarcusSA posted:

So I am traveling to Europe on Friday and I want to take my switch for the flight but I really don't want to have to put it in my checked luggage on the way back. What are the odds that they are going to change it in the next week so I have to check it?

:confused:

:same:

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Gimbal lock posted:

The only possible argument I can see for digital preorders

Preloading. You download the game in advance and it doesn't even matter if the network is a bit lovely. You can play the game immediately at midnight, if you want.

I mean check this thread. People were freaking out about their physical BOTW deliveries being delayed for days.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I've beaten Zelda: Breath of the Wild. :woop:

8/10

Might play it again, just to hear how bad the english dubbing is.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

BoI fans - Greed Mode seed

V0EM 79Q3

- Quad Shot in treasure room
- Epicac in Shop
- Blow up the 2 shop keepers with a bomb. The one on the left will have a Steam Sale and the one on the right will drop a 5c coin

Didn't stop me from dying on the first loving floor with Keeper because Quad Shot put my fire rate up to 61 :argh:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I very very very rarely rage at games.
Keeper in BoI makes me want to throw my Switch through the loving wall.

2 hits and you're dead.
You can replenish health via coins.
Can't increase life points whatsoever. No Soul Hearts, Black Hearts, Health increases, etc

I think I'm up to attempt 50 at Greed Mode

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Mister Facetious posted:

I've beaten Zelda: Breath of the Wild. :woop:

8/10

Might play it again, just to hear how bad the english dubbing is.

There's like seven minutes of voiced dialogue in the entire game

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

There's like seven minutes of voiced dialogue in the entire game

And I listened to all of it in Japanese, first.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Please don't throw your Nintendo Switch.

Alucard posted:

My local Best Buy, Target, and Gamestop have neither the Grey nor Red/Blue joycon combos. I figured that $80 for 2 joycons is comparable to $40 per 8bitdo pro controller. Then I can have one set nested in the console and one loaded into the grip controls, and 4 person play with them split out.
Maybe try online? It seems some places have shortages on Switches and accessories, but others don't. About a week before MK8 came out, I was able to just go into Argos and get a set of Neon joycons. But I live in Europe and aside from initial hype shortages, I think it's been pretty easy to get Switch stuff here.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

irlZaphod posted:

Please don't throw your Nintendo Switch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8QCFNAgPDo

It'll survive

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I've just jumped about 10 pages forward because I am confused about some people's posting.

No one here is the authority on which games are good and which games are bad. Somebody liking a game you do not does not mean they are broken or have Stockholm syndrome, it just means they like different games. Similarly if you love a game that other people do not, then they are also not wrong. These kind of petty arguments are precisely the reason why this thread has a reputation of being bad.

Can we please curtail that sort of thing and if we are going to take things/posters down then try to be funny or discuss thoughtfully.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Wow, spoilers, rear end in a top hat :rolleyes:.

Seriously though, can't believe it survived that with just a Joycon getting trashed.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Seriously though, can't believe it survived that with just a Joycon getting trashed.

It's Nintendo. All their poo poo is ridiculously hard to destroy. My old DS literally broke into pieces thanks to my abuse, and it still worked. Perfectly fine, even.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Libluini posted:

It's Nintendo. All their poo poo is ridiculously hard to destroy. My old DS literally broke into pieces thanks to my abuse, and it still worked. Perfectly fine, even.

My favourite is Gulf War Gameboy

Soldier took his Gameboy to war. Barracks got blown up and massive fire damage.
Stil works!

Takes a lickin'
Keeps on tickin

Nintendo make rock solid hardware. You can never ever fault them for that.

• Locked thread