Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.
Actually the best character now is Claudia where he punches with his left while turning his head away from the opponent and holding his forehead with his right hand posing like some kind of jojo character. Plus his moves are called Starburst

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Is the bear a joke character or actually good?

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
Bear is extremely good what the gently caress kind of question is that.

Also I can't wait to punch-throw someone with Bryan Fury while laughing maniacally.

e: gently caress yes this IS the best one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7sERPTThIY

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

fadam posted:

You think fighting a bear is a joke?

Also they finally let me marry my wife, Nina Williams, in game.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
We need a return of Yoshimitsu's music from Tekken Tag.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-k2m76TgHo

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

fadam posted:

yes

Flinger
Oct 16, 2012

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

Also they finally let me marry my wife, Nina Williams, in game.

Are you ready to take on the commitment of being a good stepfather to her son, young Steve

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy

fadam posted:

Essentially a joke character, but one who has picked up enough tools over the years to be a totally viable way to wipe scrubs.

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.
Look at this beautiful man
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqUVChMpTJk&t=238s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqUVChMpTJk&t=306s

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Is there any preorder bonus that won't be obtainable later?

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

He fights like an rear end in a top hat.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Flinger posted:

Are you ready to take on the commitment of being a good stepfather to her son, young Steve

Gonna throw his chav-rear end into a god drat volcano

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

I saw a patch added Bo3 to online play. Is that for ranked or only for the tournament mode?

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

Evil Canadian posted:

I saw a patch added Bo3 to online play. Is that for ranked or only for the tournament mode?

Ranked - it's like sf5 where you opt into a rematch

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

This is the only review of how the port is that I've found. As long as you have a good pc it should run fine:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1p3NTwdzB4

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

Jmcrofts posted:

Ranked - it's like sf5 where you opt into a rematch

Decent, so far that missing from i2 is my only complaint about the game. One of the few things SF5 did that was really smart.

I am really on the edge of picking up t7 only thing is being the aforementioned injustice. I love me my NRS games and I just need more time in a day to play both. I haven't played a tekken since 5 but i'm sure Paul still has deathfist so that's all I ever needed.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Bought video game.

About to play.

Will play 30 minutes then conclude it's too much work.

Like every fighting game.

whip
Apr 9, 2007

by Lowtax

fadam posted:

If you kill someone with fatal wind you've beat the game

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqC8pQzun44

It's really interesting reading the opinions of people who absolutely avoid fighting games for learning the mechanics and playing against other human opponents. Just one of the first comment trees alone is pining for the days of Tekken 4. Baffling in this day and age.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
1,2,3, TTT

then 7

I guess 6 was ok? i never played it.

4 was the worst.

this isn't an order i'm just saying what games were good

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Truth be told, Tekken 4 IS the best game of the franchise. More realistic than Tag 2 and 6 imo

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
4 is definitely the worst but I don't remember a single thing about 6, it just sort of existed.

I never played TTT2 because all my consoles got stolen. :saddowns:

e: the best thing about 4 was flirting with uneven terrain and breakable environmental objects both of which they abandoned immediately

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Agreed 100%. Plenty of these characters were set up for great story potential in their debut titles (I'm looking at you, Asuka!) but all Harada has done since is reduce them into one-note, cringe-worthy jokes. I've always been a die-hard Tekken fan, but Christ... as of now, the series doesn't even hold a candle to NetherRealm's quality output.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I'VE BEEN SAYING, I can't believe Bandai Namco who made blood vengeance, a good CGI animated movie could not do something good, i really hope there's a patch that sorts this out. Look at Injustice 2, superb gameplay graphics, i mean Koei Tecmo does it best, why can't Bandai follow in the footsteps. Now game developers make the game play graphics look very similar to the cinematic scenes. Bandai needs to progress, i'm honestly dissappointed

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
when did I enter the injustice 2 thread

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy
When boxcar found out people on YouTube are idiots and started c/ping comments.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

boxcarhobo posted:

Agreed 100%. Plenty of these characters were set up for great story potential in their debut titles (I'm looking at you, Asuka!) but all Harada has done since is reduce them into one-note, cringe-worthy jokes. I've always been a die-hard Tekken fan, but Christ... as of now, the series doesn't even hold a candle to NetherRealm's quality output.

boxcarhobo posted:

THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I'VE BEEN SAYING, I can't believe Bandai Namco who made blood vengeance, a good CGI animated movie could not do something good, i really hope there's a patch that sorts this out. Look at Injustice 2, superb gameplay graphics, i mean Koei Tecmo does it best, why can't Bandai follow in the footsteps. Now game developers make the game play graphics look very similar to the cinematic scenes. Bandai needs to progress, i'm honestly dissappointed

What is going on with these posts?

^^^^
Oh

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

fadam posted:

Is there any preorder bonus that won't be obtainable later?

Eliza is a preorder bonus, and if it's anything like TTT2, she'll remain exclusive to preorders for like a couple months and then be released as a free download after that.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

Eliza is a preorder bonus, and if it's anything like TTT2, she'll remain exclusive to preorders for like a couple months and then be released as a free download after that.

Preorder bonus is a bit of a misnomer. She's just in all of the first print copies of the game isnt she?

I just bought the game, no preorder and the code came right in the box. As long as it says "Day 1 edition" on the box you're good.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqC8pQzun44

It's really interesting reading the opinions of people who absolutely avoid fighting games for learning the mechanics and playing against other human opponents. Just one of the first comment trees alone is pining for the days of Tekken 4. Baffling in this day and age.

Why would this be baffling, its still the biggest complaint about sf5.

Only about 5% of people who buy any fighting game give a poo poo about getting good, the other 95% want to see pretty endings and fight the cpu. Although considering how long the game has been in the oven I am a bit surprised that the character endings are like that tbh.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
So is all the music in T7 dubstep or are there also good, down to earth songs like this one
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xv2p3dNC32c

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
harada loves two things: anime babes and lovely dubstep/D&B music

luckily you can just replace the soundtrack with good music from previous games (unless you play on PC, then you get to wait for someone to bother making a mod & hope denuvo doesn't gently caress that up)

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Your Computer posted:

So is all the music in T7 dubstep or are there also good, down to earth songs like this one
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xv2p3dNC32c

Whoa this bangs. I should have played Tekken earlier.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

darealkooky posted:

luckily you can just replace the soundtrack with good music from previous games (unless you play on PC, then you get to wait for someone to bother making a mod & hope denuvo doesn't gently caress that up)

Can you assign tracks from the jukebox to stages and everything or is it just a sound test?

Also, some of the dubstep is pretty solid.

Goodpart
Jan 9, 2004

quarter circle forward punch
rip
Lee is way too hard to play now. I think I may just go play Law. I hear that Shaheen's a pretty good beginner's pick; C/D?

Also gently caress the last boss in story mode. :gonk:

Ho Chi Minh Holiday Inn
Jul 11, 2006

You may not know it yet, but I'm your worst nightmare.

Goodpart posted:

Lee is way too hard to play now. I think I may just go play Law. I hear that Shaheen's a pretty good beginner's pick; C/D?

Also gently caress the last boss in story mode. :gonk:

yes here is a beginners guide to shaheen

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1qetu_3q4EYzuEmx28_OZ8Q83RWK82JGqjzr117UumrA/edit

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I have a feeling this guy doesn't like Shaheen much.

Ho Chi Minh Holiday Inn
Jul 11, 2006

You may not know it yet, but I'm your worst nightmare.
(here's the real one)

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1k3sA2LcbMmvqpkE1FF08sJ2jsM8aImesWXJc7J8bxhw/edit

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I have a feeling this guy doesn't like Shaheen much.

Shaheen was already one of the characters I looked forward to trying, but now I'm definitely playing him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

darealkooky posted:

why not just turn music off and use a music player? do people actually play pc games with music on?