Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Some people value peak, and CP3's peak is better than Stockton, who's basically there on insane, productive longevity.

CP3 being the 2nd best PG in NBA history is a fight I'm willing to fight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
That list would be better if you switched where KG and Dirk are.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Do people actually think Reggie Miller is a top 40 player?

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
KG is better than Kobe

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

thats like the only thing he got right

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

TildeATH posted:

You might understand basketball but you don't understand the tech industry.

You might understand the tech industry but you don't understand my analogies are always supposed to be bad.

I mean, I just compared KD to Mean Girls, I ain't going for accuracy here

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

WhyteRyce posted:

You might understand the tech industry but you don't understand my analogies are always supposed to be bad.

I mean, I just compared KD to Mean Girls, I ain't going for accuracy here

I said might.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

nice av

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

That list is terrible

ScooterMcTiny
Apr 7, 2004

Tae posted:

I do.

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
There are definitely 40 players better than reggie but he is in the top 40 of inspiring hatred from opponents and thats something to be valued

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

I've been in a few unflattering arguments with fellow Pacers fans about PG being better than Reggie, as much as I enjoyed watching Reggie play.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Your avatar is the best argument for him being on the list.

If Reggie is off, who is on?

Switch Kobe and David Robinson. I don't care if its only post merger stats, KAJ should be higher.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Lockback posted:

If Reggie is off, who is on?

I think Pau Gasol but I might be biased.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Tae posted:

I think Pau Gasol but I might be biased.

Yeah, I think that's probably a good call. Or MVP Derrick Rose.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
So I'm just assuming all Golden State fans are asleep in bed peaceful dreams and us Cavs fans are going to bed with nightmares and very sweaty clammy sleep

I'm so loving nervous

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/25_male_NYC/status/870023771574480896

BetterLekNextTime
Jul 22, 2008

It's all a matter of perspective...
Grimey Drawer

verbal enema posted:

So I'm just assuming all Golden State fans are asleep in bed peaceful dreams and us Cavs fans are going to bed with nightmares and very sweaty clammy sleep

I'm so loving nervous

I'm a dubs fan and I'm pretty nervous. I don't think the dubs will come in flat but you never know. And I hate that everyone is making the Cavs such huge dogs– as if the Cavs need any extra motivation.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

BetterLekNextTime posted:

I'm a dubs fan and I'm pretty nervous. I don't think the dubs will come in flat but you never know. And I hate that everyone is making the Cavs such huge dogs– as if the Cavs need any extra motivation.

here's to an awesome finals :cheers:

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I hope the Warriors brutally and insanely lose.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Ranking is always going to be arbitrary and waft gently your baked in biases. If you rank purely based on one stat or one catchall stat, you're sure to miss plenty.

In my opiniorn, Reginald is a top 50 player, I don't care where you put him in the 50, because he played the game like no one else in his time, and was very good

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Day 15 of no NBA basketball.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFBHNV935Zw

Maybe they can play an exhibition beforehand to warmup.

Tae posted:

Assuming a crazy world in where the 2 year rule goes through, doesn't that potentially make the first draft for that era really bad?

Four year degrees would really create a gap in talent.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Tae posted:

He's one of the best scorers in NBA/ABA history. Guys with 22,000+ points and 50%+ from 2P range and 33.3%+ from 3P range:

-LeBron James
-Reggie Miller

:laffo:

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Which Golden State or Cleveland Cavaliers player would you most enjoy having a beer with. The caveat is that their entire entourage has to be there too, so with Lebron you get 100 handlers and security guards.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
C'mon Earl all day everyday

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

Dejan Bimble posted:

Which Golden State or Cleveland Cavaliers player would you most enjoy having a beer with. The caveat is that their entire entourage has to be there too, so with Lebron you get 100 handlers and security guards.

earl

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

Zogo posted:

Day 15 of no NBA basketball.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFBHNV935Zw

Maybe they can play an exhibition beforehand to warmup.

big tune zogo

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:
People that think Hakeem is better than Robinson confuse me.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Dejan Bimble posted:

I'd rather smoke with Klay.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Redgrendel2001 posted:

The gooniest answer.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Dejan Bimble posted:

Which of them plays videogames

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Dejan Bimble posted:

Klay, because he would pull out a joint before we finished our first beer

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Eltoasto posted:

I've been in a few unflattering arguments with fellow Pacers fans about PG being better than Reggie, as much as I enjoyed watching Reggie play.

This must be the only argument that regular posters in this thread lose to casual homer fans because PG isn't better than Reggie in single season, career, any statistical category except just general rebounding.

George's game will also be fortunate to age anywhere near as well as Reggie's did. Reggie's postseason legacy is legendary as well and George is probably going to leave the Pacers high and dry soon so even that isn't really comparable.

I'm actually not sure what the argument for PG is in this hypothetical head to head.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

No basketball today so I watched the new xXx movie.

I wished there was basketball today.

ScooterMcTiny
Apr 7, 2004

Libertine posted:

This must be the only argument that regular posters in this thread lose to casual homer fans because PG isn't better than Reggie in single season, career, any statistical category except just general rebounding.

George's game will also be fortunate to age anywhere near as well as Reggie's did. Reggie's postseason legacy is legendary as well and George is probably going to leave the Pacers high and dry soon so even that isn't really comparable.

I'm actually not sure what the argument for PG is in this hypothetical head to head.

PG is fine, is obviously the best Pacer in a while but ultimately will be remembered by Pacers fans the same way Danny Granger is if he bolts for LA.

Reggie is always #1 in my heart, and #2 in NBA-related choke references right behind Latrell Sprewell.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

NBA derail #4, Islay Fog from Sierra Nevada is the drat smokiest peatiest beer in the world I highly recommend it. It's basically a drat bottle of Lagavulin. Talk about your favorite smokey beers.

WhyteRyce fucked around with this message at 07:29 on Jun 1, 2017

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/skellingtun/status/869952143666675712

Redgrendel2001 posted:

The Glumslinger posted:

Klay, because he would pull out a joint before we finished our first beer

Klay doesn't believe in recreational marijuana use, because he's a loving cornball piece of poo poo.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
gently caress Klay I'm high right now go Cavs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Wow that list has Jason Kidd crazy high.

• Locked thread