Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tom bob-ombadil
Jan 1, 2012
It's after his Confidant hits Rank 4. It unlocks a Mementos Request for one of the part-time jobs - I think it's the Beef Bowl one?

None of my saves are far enough back to fix this.

EDIT: It's "Part-time Job, Full-time Hell" at the Convenience Store.

tom bob-ombadil fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Jun 1, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

dragon_pamcake posted:

EDIT: It's "Part-time Job, Full-time Hell" at the Convenience Store.

Perfect description of my life rn.

I would like Mishima more if we had a separate person to handle Mementos like the Velvet room attendants in P3. He gets better in his SL final stages but until then it's back to back Phan-site and inviting you out to creep on strangers.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

ChaosArgate posted:

Just check all of his texts to be on the safe side. :(

But then he's gonna see that I read it, and I really wanna keep up that plausible deniability.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.
What is my final chance to fuse some of these Persona before beating the game? Are there safe rooms in Qliphoth?

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

DalaranJ posted:

What is my final chance to fuse some of these Persona before beating the game? Are there safe rooms in Qliphoth?

I'm pretty sure there's a Velvet Room door at the start.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Yes. you can go back to the square to heal/fuse right up until you initiate the last fight.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Kite Pride Worldwide posted:

I'm pretty sure there's a Velvet Room door at the start.

There is. I just don't want to be forced to to walk back to it.

Well I have 5 smoke bombs left I probably shouldn't worry about it.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Waffleman_ posted:

But then he's gonna see that I read it, and I really wanna keep up that plausible deniability.

Look man, this is why you set your read receipts to off. :colbert:

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

DalaranJ posted:

Keep going, there's a spot where you can teleport back but they make you go a really long way to get there

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Digirat posted:

Keep going, there's a spot where you can teleport back but they make you go a really long way to get there

Specifically, it's after you beat the fourth boss and everyone gathers up

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
I'm doing Iwai's link at like, level 3 and the one dude just asked him "What would your teenage son think if he found out his father is a former Yakuza?"

My immediate thought was "he'd probably think his dad was REALLY FUCKEN COOL"

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Capsaicin posted:

I'm doing Iwai's link at like, level 3 and the one dude just asked him "What would your teenage son think if he found out his father is a former Yakuza?"

My immediate thought was "he'd probably think his dad was REALLY FUCKEN COOL"

I know, I would :v:

Another regret how SL are stat-gated hard on your 1st PT and I couldn't max Iwai ASAP before the game ended.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~
Iwai is probably the most useless Confidant I the game though. Gun Customization is pointless because the best guns in the game can't be customized and your money is better spent on armor and consumables cause guns are only good for hitting gun weakness. I don't think bullet hail even takes your party's gun damage into account

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~
Oops quote is not edit

Ever Disappointing
May 4, 2004

I would argue Ohya is absolutely the least useful, in that it never mattered for a single thing and I actually customized guns, like, twice.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

Tir McDohl posted:

I would argue Ohya is absolutely the least useful, in that it never mattered for a single thing and I actually customized guns, like, twice.

I dunno, it was kinda nice running through later palaces and ignoring some enemies just because the bar would only go up like 5% if I got spotted. But yes they are both terrible it's just debatable who is more terrible.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Tir McDohl posted:

Yeah, I would agree with Ohya being the least useful as well. Sure she's a great character so her confidant link is worth doing for the story alone but unless you're pants-on-head retarded with palace exploration her buffs are useless.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

MC can add another notch to his belt with Ohya so that's a point against Iwai

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Yeah okay but Iwai is a Cool Dad and Ohya is a Boring Drunk.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
*buys a cat sweater*

"You better not use it to pull a prank"

Automatonic Water
Jul 8, 2012

dig thru the ditches
and burn thru the witches
and slam in the back of my.........
.........DRAGULA

Yams Fan
You could use a cat sweater to pull a prank vs. a cat

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

These cats are beneath us. They're weak to water, but don't use prank.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

SpazmasterX posted:

Iwai is probably the most useless Confidant I the game though. Gun Customization is pointless because the best guns in the game can't be customized and your money is better spent on armor and consumables cause guns are only good for hitting gun weakness. I don't think bullet hail even takes your party's gun damage into account

Iwai is cool and we go on dates together.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes

Alder posted:

Iwai is cool and we go on dates together.

Despite how awkward they are, they're also really good because they continue to show that Iwai is a Good Dad.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

BearDrivingTruck posted:

Despite how awkward they are, they're also really good because they continue to show that Iwai is a Good Dad.

It is great watching him try his best to be the dad he never had.

ADTerminal
Jun 1, 2011
Does anyone know how you use the DLC personas, and DLC outfits? I've bought a few and now I feel like I've been robbed because I can't find them anywhere :negative:

I've seen others just say they show up in the compendium etc but they don't seem to be there

winvirus
Jan 23, 2009

You only delay the inevitable. All of this island will soon belong to me.

palace 7 spoiler questions

What happens if you let deadline hit AFTER Akechi dies?

What happens if you form a bond after 11/20? just no sae flash forward?

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
Palace 7:

The Wage War+Reflect Physical damage thing that Shadow Shido has going is immensely frustrating. Joker is my speediest character, gets raged, and immediately commits suicide by Golden Naked People Composite Lion.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

ADTerminal posted:

Does anyone know how you use the DLC personas, and DLC outfits? I've bought a few and now I feel like I've been robbed because I can't find them anywhere :negative:

I've seen others just say they show up in the compendium etc but they don't seem to be there

Check the cardboard box in your bedroom to access your DLC. Dunno if that's required for DLC personas, but I wouldn't be surprised.

winvirus posted:

palace 7 spoiler questions

What happens if you let deadline hit AFTER Akechi dies?

What happens if you form a bond after 11/20? just no sae flash forward?

1. You just get the normal Palace 7 failure scene. It's a little weird, to say the least.

2. You won't get a Sae scene for the s link, no.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Clawtopsy posted:

Palace 7:

The Wage War+Reflect Physical damage thing that Shadow Shido has going is immensely frustrating. Joker is my speediest character, gets raged, and immediately commits suicide by Golden Naked People Composite Lion.

I used Rangda to counter it. You can also use Rangda to make the boss of Palace 4 kill itself easily.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Sojiro's coffee advice helped me win Trivia Murder Party against my family. Question was "What country exports the most coffee?"

Brazil, baby :getin:

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Is there an endgame memento for the Fool card?

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

DalaranJ posted:

Is there an endgame memento for the Fool card?

No because then you would have full persona slots and max arcana burst.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

SpazmasterX posted:

No because then you would have full persona slots and max arcana burst.

Yeah. I'm just a bit confused because I got Strength which is going to be insanely powerful, and I also got Judgement which presumably does nothing.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I remember that I had used a Repel or Null Phys card on my Seth on my last playthrough but it doesn't seem to have been saved in the compendium for NG+. Was this card the reward for a request or did I just get lucky last time?

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler

ChaosArgate posted:

Check the cardboard box in your bedroom to access your DLC. Dunno if that's required for DLC personas, but I wouldn't be surprised.

Also you might have to actually reboot the PS4 if you bought the DLC while the game was running in order for it to show up in the box. I had to do that with the Messiah DLC, though that might have just been some random error. Simply quitting the game and restarting it wasn't enough.

Ibblebibble posted:

I remember that I had used a Repel or Null Phys card on my Seth on my last playthrough but it doesn't seem to have been saved in the compendium for NG+. Was this card the reward for a request or did I just get lucky last time?

You get null phys from one of the Mementos requests, I think it's the Cheater one that you start to get the Tower Confidant started.

AG3 fucked around with this message at 08:24 on Jun 2, 2017

many johnnys
May 17, 2015

Len posted:

MC can add another notch to his belt with Ohya so that's a point against Iwai

Also beelzebub > attis (I think, I never finished iwai)

tom bob-ombadil
Jan 1, 2012
Also beelzebub makes a sick looking axe.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

DalaranJ posted:

Yeah. I'm just a bit confused because I got Strength which is going to be insanely powerful, and I also got Judgement which presumably does nothing.

Nah its not. Pricing on fusion scales by level so making something 80 levels above you costs like 700,000 yen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

https://twitter.com/rizuNM/status/870310889894707200

Happy Birthday, Akechi-kun~~~