Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Gyshall posted:

Read the readme that comes with the overhaul.

Also thanks to the Mesh Improvements heads up.
Whoops, thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

https://streamable.com/s/nw356/qmlixj

i finally made a mod for the ultimate realism in eating sharp gems / glass

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

what kind of idiot eats a diamond, anyway

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

on a related note I found out morrowind animations are locked to 15 frames per second

openmw will save us all

what, I why? Wasn't 30fps a standard in the glorydays of 2002?

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
Ah found some scrap metal in this barrel, time to chow down

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

double nine posted:

managing an animation at 30 fps is double the work, the animation system is weird and they'd have to set each bone at each frame

"but why wouldn't they make it 30 fps and double each frame"
because bethesda

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

double nine posted:

Don't confuse rendering FPS and the various game logic FPS. So animations at 15 FPS means a mesh's configuration can only be updated 15 times per second, but the scene may still be rendered at 60 FPS regardless.

You could even imagine having interpolation which would make it seem like the animations are smoother than they actually are.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender

https://streamable.com/s/nw356/qmlixj

i finally made a mod for the ultimate realism in eating sharp gems / glass

gently caress you, Nazi. You'll never stop my Ebony eating habit!

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

That's not a habit, it's a super-power. :flashfact:

Stuporstar
May 5, 2008

Where do fists come from?
In Quest Tweaks and Alternatives, you can eat every ingredient you're sent to fetch in front of the quest giver, which will usually make you fail the quest, but who cares it's mostly the Imperial Cult. And yes, it includes eating scrap metal in front of Radd Hard-Heart to show him what a baddass you are. And then he tells you to stop loving around and get him some more goddamned scrap metal.

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

i accidentally clicked on the front page forum and saw there's a morrowind article up.

quote:

1. Meet Jiub, a more relatable character than anyone in Oblivion, Skyrim, or Fallout 4.

He says like three lines of dialog and I would die for him in real life without hesitation.
accurate

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Stexils posted:

i accidentally clicked on the front page forum and saw there's a morrowind article up.

accurate

I disagree with point 5. I've actually rebound and swapped those keys to be like Morrowind when I play Fallout 3, New Vegas, Skyrim, and Fallout 4. It's me, i'm broken.

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

chaosapiant posted:

I disagree with point 5. I've actually rebound and swapped those keys to be like Morrowind when I play Fallout 3, New Vegas, Skyrim, and Fallout 4. It's me, i'm broken.
You're definitely broken.

#6 bothers me unreasonably much because being overencumbered doesn't just lower your movement speed in Morrowind, it keeps you from moving at all. Check your facts, CTS!

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Being overencumbered doesn't reduce your teleportation speed, so you can still cast mark, then an intervention spell, drop your loot on the ground (nobody will dare steal it because Morrowind AI cannot do that anyway it's in a holy place) and finally recall to resume your dungeoneering.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)

chaosapiant posted:

I, too, do this. Also with ESO.

I justify it by saying 'mah muscle memory', but I think I know that it's because Morrowind and Oblivion established the standard and I'm not breaking it.

Captain Scandinaiva
Mar 29, 2010

chaosapiant posted:

That's not broken, that's sick.

Stuporstar posted:

In Quest Tweaks and Alternatives, you can eat every ingredient you're sent to fetch in front of the quest giver, which will usually make you fail the quest, but who cares it's mostly the Imperial Cult. And yes, it includes eating scrap metal in front of Radd Hard-Heart to show him what a baddass you are. And then he tells you to stop loving around and get him some more goddamned scrap metal.

You, on the other hand, are a hero.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

http://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/44961/
I did it
Why didn't anyone make this yet lol

Entropy238
Oct 21, 2010

Fallen Rib

Looks cool. Also gives a legitimate reason for the "resist corprus" spell effect to exist. Maybe add some potions/scrolls in v 1.1?

I think there was a mod a while ago that'd give you blight diseases if you went out in Blight Storms for too long but I can't remember if whoever said they were making it ever got round to finishing it.

I don't think diseases in Morrowind should be as "curable" as they are. After a disease is cured you should slowly return back to full health over a long time (like 2-3 weeks).

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

If anything there should be more diseases.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I have a disease.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I have a disease.

take this dwemer artifact and 1000 gold, I know of someone who might be able to help

Death Zebra
May 14, 2014

I stopped getting diseases and blights cured and just had my stats restored at temples. Still didn't solve my problems with getting stats lowered by bonewalkers(?) etc. but I don't know how prevalent that is in vanilla anyway.

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

Death Zebra posted:

I stopped getting diseases and blights cured and just had my stats restored at temples. Still didn't solve my problems with getting stats lowered by bonewalkers(?) etc. but I don't know how prevalent that is in vanilla anyway.

theyre the second most annoying enemy

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

take this dwemer artifact and 1000 gold, I know of someone who might be able to help

Thats how I got into this mess in th3 first place

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Thats how I got into this mess in th3 first place

*record scratch* You may be wondering how I got into this mess. It all started with a fetcher that goes by the name of Jiub...

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
I remember there being issues with Steam and various must-haves (MCP?) back in the day; is this still the case or can I do all the mods with the steam version now?

raminasi
Jan 25, 2005

a last drink with no ice

Death Zebra posted:

It's super annoying until you realize that stonepower petals cure it.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Mr. Crow posted:

I remember there being issues with Steam and various must-haves (MCP?) back in the day; is this still the case or can I do all the mods with the steam version now?

works fine.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
MGE-XE still doesn't play well with the Steam Overlay though, I believe, so make sure you disable it.

Convoolio
Oct 31, 2005

Good day.

Reminder that shift-click picks up all items and ctrl-click picks up one, and that Morrowind is the best game ever made.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

http://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/44989/

well

this is it

my magnum opus

time to retire

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

dammit, im going to lose another 150 hours of my life arent i

Captain Scandinaiva
Mar 29, 2010

Whoa. About how many locations are we talking?

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Captain Scandinaiva posted:

Whoa. About how many locations are we talking?

49, one for each item I randomized so you don't get boned and just not have daedric boots in your game lol

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

Throw it in the op so I can remember to install it tia

Mountaineer
Aug 29, 2008

Imagine a rod breaking on a robot face - forever
Make it 50 and randomize the location of the Amulet of Shadows so I can stop bee-lining for it every time.

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?
This,

Mountaineer posted:

Make it 50 and randomize the location of the Amulet of Shadows so I can stop bee-lining for it every time.
but also

49, one for each item I randomized so you don't get boned and just not have daedric boots in your game lol

Make it, like, 100 total spots, so there isn't always a guaranteed item in a familiar spot. Maybe guarantee items in the chests in Tel Fyr. (Maybe not. They could just, like, all have dwemer goblets. That'd be cool.)

Musical_Daredevil
Dec 23, 2008

Need some backup NOW!

Mr. Crow posted:

Throw it in the op so I can remember to install it tia

Done!

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

the next version (eta some day) will add a lot more items as well as some things that aren't godtier artifacts

honestly it was really hard to find 49 places that were interesting, the regular game stacks loot together like mad lol

feel free to peek at the code, it is a massive chain of elseifs that at one point was so long that morrowind ran out of opcodes and I couldn't figure out why it wasn't working correctly

e: no seriously if you or anyone else can think of 30 new locations to put items I will be very surprised lol

I did my best to not just throw them anywhere at random, i wanted to give people an honest chance at finding them while my oracle script was pretty simple. I originally had the oracle list out the item AND the location it was in but I think that ruins the surprise so I just made it list the cell name an item was in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?
You could always take the Gold Edition approach to item placement.