Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

AnElegantPeacock posted:

Every time I get my perfect loadout I die immediately. Every time I have an Uzi a revolver and level one everything I place in the top 10.

I did have a good game with VSS, but I was forced to move by the blue wall and no healing items and ran infront of someone.

At least I can think of the game in the last game that tried to run me over, flipped the car and I shot him before he could get out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

3 full apartments in north Gorgopol or whatever the NW town is, and this is what I come out with: https://i.imgur.com/kxeBpN2.jpg

The level 3 vest I found in the shack where I took the picture.

My early game loot has been pretty atrocious lately. :smith:

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

CitizenKain posted:

I drop in the Georgopol shipping yard, run around frantically as people make running punches for a bit until someone finds a AKM. I find a M416, look around for a bit and hit those houses up just south of them. First house, 4x scope and a K98. 2nd house, another 4x scope, more ammo, armor.

Things are looking up. I'm running for that hill just north of them, I hear a car and hit the deck, he runs me over.

I had a hilarious start to a game yesterday in the shipping yard. I found the overunder shotgun and killed a dude with it, picked up his scar, met up with my teammate. He had a VSS & a shotgun so I ask him to swap me the SCAR for the VSS. He drops the vss, I drop the scar & ammo, I pick up the VSS he doesn't drop the ammo, my shotgun disappears (???) and then another guy with a SCAR comes running up. I dip and hide behind a crate while my teammate gets lit up. This guy comes looking for me but I hide by a crate then run behind him and to the other warehouse. He follows. I do the same trick again and run back to my teammate's body and grab the 9mm. He runs after and I VSS the poo poo out of him. Then another person who came running up after all the gunfire, VSS the poo poo out of that guy too. End up with level 3 everything & guns and go to make my way out when I get headshot by a guy named Headsh0t4lyfe with a kar.

Was worth it for the beginning.

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

AnElegantPeacock posted:

Every time I get my perfect loadout I die immediately. Every time I have an Uzi a revolver and level one everything I place in the top 10.

This is usually how my gameplay goes too. Ooh a scar, 8x, armor and ammo? Sniped out of the middle of nowhere. Pan and a pistol, 30 minutes of running around looking for something else only to make it to the top 10, then get sniped.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
the only way to be immune to snipers (at least in terms of one hit kills) is to constantly be moving

like even if you're sitting behind cover, just constantly fidget back and forth erratically, and it's basically impossible to land a headshot

obviously doesn't apply if you're trying to hide in a bush or something but it's a thing very good players do that i try to remember

Maluco Marinero
Jan 18, 2001

Damn that's a
fine elephant.

Zo posted:

the only way to be immune to snipers (at least in terms of one hit kills) is to constantly be moving

like even if you're sitting behind cover, just constantly fidget back and forth erratically, and it's basically impossible to land a headshot

obviously doesn't apply if you're trying to hide in a bush or something but it's a thing very good players do that i try to remember

Yeah, that nets them the all important opportunity of reply, which good players then capitalise on with good tactical and mechanical reflexes to get the upper hand.

The funny thing about being gear poor is you're more likely to sneak your way to the top 10 because you won't be fixing for a fight like you would if you picked up a scoped SCAR/Kar. The good players (I'm not one) can take that gear and then smash their way to the Top 10. The bad ones pick a fight and then die.

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

it is Extremely Cool to get your first chicken dinner less than four hours before all stats are reset :coal:

Princeps32
Nov 9, 2012
I bought and am enjoying this game. Getting to #5 was intense on my last round of the night.

Are scopes super rare or something? I usually find decent guns if I don't get shanked early but dealing with the end game is pretty tough without one

Also don't jump out of vehicles gta style you will die!!

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Princeps32 posted:

I bought and am enjoying this game. Getting to #5 was intense on my last round of the night.

Are scopes super rare or something? I usually find decent guns if I don't get shanked early but dealing with the end game is pretty tough without one

They are medium rare. The best way to find a scope if you don't have one is to murder someone.

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.

Princeps32 posted:

This is a right of passage. Welcome brother.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
I had a great moment where I pinned a guy down behind a small shack right next to the blue wall, and then 10 seconds before the wall started moving I jumped in my car and drove off. Dooming him to the wall.

I love playing the psychological game, getting a suppressor and a rifle and just stalking someone to keep them on their toes

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
https://gfycat.com/ThirstyGranularGoshawk.webm

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
Ending on a high note :coal:

Also just had a fun squad chicken dinner where we survived to the very end after clearing out Yasnaya as a team and getting geared up, then took a great position on the final 3 circles and just mowed down everyone. We had 1 silenced rifle, a vss, and a silenced vector and were just plinking everyone until it was 4 v 3 and the 3 were not in the same squad. Ended up 3v1 with the last guy sniping behind a tree.

Ended with 9 kills and the VSS accounted for 8 of them in the final 3 circles, was just brutal silent death with an extended quick draw mag. Went through 130 rounds by the end of it.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Princeps32 posted:

Psst sometimes you don't even need to jump out of vehicles and they will kill you

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

The legends were true, AS is the promised land.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

This is a video documenting how good the UMP is and my struggles with the circle. I actually didn't have an extended mag in either game, but man does it work well at up to 100m.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/148659759

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

VulgarandStupid posted:

This is a video documenting how good the UMP is and my struggles with the circle. I actually didn't have an extended mag in either game, but man does it work well at up to 100m.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/148659759

why did you stay so long the second clip, why?? WHY????

Coolwhoami
Sep 13, 2007

Internet Explorer posted:

"hey guys there's a level 1 backpack here. anyone need a backpack."
"hey guys keep your eyes out for stocks, i need a stock."
"hey guys i got a smoke grenade so i'll throw it next time we need it."
"hey guys..." *dies to a dude who would have really been easy to hear in solo*

:ssj: all the loving time. It drives me insane, especially since most of the time the reason they feel the need to call it out is because we're spread across four buildings, and promptly get killed because we can't cover each other at all either.

This is why I play solos

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010
Novo 95% of all games is my new go to. That spot has all the loot. Sometimes you gotta fight, sometimes you don't, always come out of there decked (remember the small wooden towers, they seem to have the sickest of loots). Only thing you might miss is a few non-scope attachments but you can get them in the town houses before you leave.

Btw the new m4 with an angled grip is my new favourite close to mid range run. If you guys are still picking up the vertical over the angled try a game with the angled, I think it owns.

Earlier in the thread some guys were having some issues wanting to change some keybindings but the game not letting you. You can do that in the game files themselves which are found in your game golder under %AppData/local/temp/. The file you are looking for is the GameUserSettings in the engine folder I believe, where you can just edit the code. Just find the clump of code containing all the keybindings and edit it to the keys you want. Fairly straight forward albeit a little confusing since they didn't use line breaks, but the syntax is there. I have my zero'ing on scroll up and down without the game swapping my guns.

Hulebr00670065006e fucked around with this message at 09:17 on Jun 1, 2017

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

If you want to play the I-didn't-know-this-was-a-hippo-bar game with me, that's fine.

Coolwhoami posted:

:ssj: all the loving time. It drives me insane, especially since most of the time the reason they feel the need to call it out is because we're spread across four buildings, and promptly get killed because we can't cover each other at all either.

This is why I play solos

If I could have one feature request for this game it would be the ability to carry loving helmets and vests and poo poo so that you could just take them to your loving teammates.

dmnz
Feb 14, 2012

BNNRROWNWNWOWOWOWO

Spanish Matlock posted:

If I could have one feature request for this game it would be the ability to carry loving helmets and vests and poo poo so that you could just take them to your loving teammates.

people would just pick em all up and drop em in a ditch or the sea

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

If you want to play the I-didn't-know-this-was-a-hippo-bar game with me, that's fine.

dmnz posted:

Also fine? If I find two level 3 backpacks in solo I'd like the ability to chuck one in a bush so any scavvers following me can't get it

TacMan
Aug 8, 2002

Vert used Hyperbeam,
It's super effective!

:steam: El Mole :steam:
drat it. final circle was ~20m in the middle of a goddamn cornfield, had gotten a couple people thanks to a tricked out UMP9 with a suppressor. Down to just me and another guy who I've been hearing killing guys with it. I think I see him, move up to shoot the poo poo out of him...it was a corpse. he was like 7m to the left. I died, oh well second place isn't the worst thing.

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

Spanish Matlock posted:

Also fine? If I find two level 3 backpacks in solo I'd like the ability to chuck one in a bush so any scavvers following me can't get it

One on the back, one of the stomach for double the capacity.

Hulebr00670065006e fucked around with this message at 09:45 on Jun 1, 2017

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte
Angled foregrip owns.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Spanish Matlock posted:

dmnz posted:

The reason you can't do this is because if you had enough meds and enough level 3 helmets, you could live forever if you hill peaked.

Basically, the system limits the amount of fighting you can do once you have enough meds. Which is why helmets/armor even have durability to begin with.

Talkc
Aug 2, 2010

Mizuki! Mizuki! Mizuki!
***DEVASTATINGLY HANDSOME***
Played with a full squad for the first time, and dumb bullshit ensued IMMEDIATELY.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4Wo3MKI-Jo

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

I've really fucked it. Have I fucked it?

EU, so won't watch live, but checked out a VoD. Is that constant weird bassy booming your keyboard strokes transferring to your desk or something? Quite distracting. But otherwise, seemed cool. :)

Good soup! posted:

I must have pressed alt+z at some point

Far too easy to hit that - I changed that binding a looong time ago.

ALFbrot posted:

it is Extremely Cool to get your first chicken dinner less than four hours before all stats are reset :coal:

I'm not sure to which extent the stats are reset. maybe just the leaderboard?

I actually got my first chicken dinner the other day, but it's not showing on https://pubg.me (it does show my win in solos though) -- luckily I recorded the final few minutes (including the shitshow which was 90 seconds of me and my opponent crawling towards each other).

Jestery posted:

10 seconds before the wall started moving I jumped in my car and drove off. Dooming him to the wall.

I was desperately searching for a vehicle just outside Severny as the circle is closing in with a hell of a long way to go, when a guy rolls in for a last minute building loot, leaving his UAZ for me to GTA. As I peel off in these moments, I like to do my best Snake from the Simpsons impression over local VoIP. As he forlornly plinks away at me ineffectively.

Spanish Matlock posted:

Technically, you could just drop everything you have, go and hide the one bag, then come back for the other and all your stuff. But I'm also fine with not being able to carry multiple level 3 gear. It's hard enough when someone tanks all your shots.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

LampkinsMateSteve posted:

I'm not sure to which extent the stats are reset. maybe just the leaderboard?

https://www.pubg.me

They're just sequestered into separate seasons now. So the leaderboards are reset, and your personal stats (wins, KDR etc) are still viewable from Season one but you start fresh for this new season.

Badfinger
Dec 16, 2004

Timeouts?!

We'll take care of that.

Spanish Matlock posted:

This is the one feature request they have explicitly said won't happen. It's far too easy to imagine how you abuse this.

It's probably also a shitload more coding than they ever want to do, because right now you swap items back and forth without dumping literally everything on the ground and it sounds like a nightmare to rewrite the whole thing.

https://i.imgur.com/fV8K8ef.png

This is Break's settings for people who were asking. 20% win rate across all game types, so it's not like you have to play in 386 mode to win. He has the standard way overpowered for every game streamer PC so obviously if you can't run ultra don't run ultra.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

CitizenKain posted:

I drop in the Georgopol shipping yard, run around frantically as people make running punches for a bit until someone finds a AKM. I find a M416, look around for a bit and hit those houses up just south of them. First house, 4x scope and a K98. 2nd house, another 4x scope, more ammo, armor.

Things are looking up. I'm running for that hill just north of them, I hear a car and hit the deck, he runs me over.

Pro-tip: the moment you hear a vehicle scan your surroundings for the nearest tree or other obstacle a vehicle can't penetrate. Get close enough to it that you'll be able to hide behind it should the driver decide to Mad Max you. You'll be surprised how often drivers will still try to run you over despite a tree being *right next* to you, letting you get an easy kill.

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

I need something stronger.

Rex-Goliath posted:

Pro-tip: the moment you hear a vehicle scan your surroundings for the nearest tree or other obstacle a vehicle can't penetrate. Get close enough to it that you'll be able to hide behind it should the driver decide to Mad Max you. You'll be surprised how often drivers will still try to run you over despite a tree being *right next* to you, letting you get an easy kill.

It's me. I'm that driver.

Badfinger
Dec 16, 2004

Timeouts?!

We'll take care of that.
The UMP: it's good, folks.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I should have used mine instead of the automatic shotgun. :(

Down to 3 people including me and I rush the guy hiding behind a rock but he pops up a bit early and takes forever to kill me. And I am positive in that time if I used my UMP in auto he would have been dead as the spread was too much.

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

I've really fucked it. Have I fucked it?

Bardeh posted:

https://www.pubg.me

They're just sequestered into separate seasons now. So the leaderboards are reset, and your personal stats (wins, KDR etc) are still viewable from Season one but you start fresh for this new season.

Thanks. Yeah I see now ingame that my stats are wiped clean.

Patch report: feels like I get overall slightly better FPS. But every plane jump, as the plane is flying along, I seem to get a screen freeze for several seconds, then a lag warning screen or something. Then it is fine. Except I missed the chance for an early jump once.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

DiggityDoink posted:

This is usually how my gameplay goes too. Ooh a scar, 8x, armor and ammo? Sniped out of the middle of nowhere. Pan and a pistol, 30 minutes of running around looking for something else only to make it to the top 10, then get sniped.

I played a game on the Asian server last night just to see what it was like

cue 30 minutes of me with an Uzi, killing a dude in a poo poo shack I was cowering in while only 7 or so people were alive, using his 416 to kill the 4th place guy and then getting 2nd

game continues to own

Hulebr00670065006e posted:

Btw the new m4 with an angled grip is my new favourite close to mid range run. If you guys are still picking up the vertical over the angled try a game with the angled, I think it owns.

vertical for rifles, angled for UMP is how I roll

VikingSkull fucked around with this message at 15:01 on Jun 1, 2017

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

Rex-Goliath posted:

Yea, I was just a little too far to make it, I thought that since I was in a small depression on the ground that he didn't see me to begin with.

Badfinger
Dec 16, 2004

Timeouts?!

We'll take care of that.
Does anyone know if they're doing an elo reset along with the leaderboard reset?

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

I need something stronger.

Elo resets are almost always a bad idea, so I hope not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED
Oh man I hope so. I would love to get a few games with the best and the worst of pubg. Or just the worst

• Locked thread