Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

I think I'm going to spend an hour of leave to drop by the LEGO store when it opens tomorrow. I need my fix.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

ivantod posted:

Aaaaand it's backordered.

That's good, means they are still making them and can make as many as currently ordered + some more.

So not a limited run at all.

ivantod
Mar 27, 2010

Mahalo, fuckers.

uXs posted:

That's good, means they are still making them and can make as many as currently ordered + some more.

So not a limited run at all.

Oh yeah, I have no doubt of that, I was just surprised because with the snowspeeder it took a couple of days to get to the backordered status whereas here it seems it was only a few hours--and I would have thought that snowspeeder would have been a lot more popular, but I guess I was wrong.

Either way, it seems that most (all?) of the 1. June sets are already available to purchase at least in European Lego online shops, so...

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

Groetgaffel smacked the living shit out of himself doing 297 points of damage.
I ordered the Saturn V, along with a few other things I wanted. Not before it went on backorder though, sadly.

Says it'll ship June 7, which isn't too bad.
The speed at which it sold out makes me wonder, how much overlap is there between Lego fans and Kerbal Space Program fans?
KSP is already part digital rocket-lego, and it has certainly played its part in making space and rockets 'cool' again.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

The popular ideas sets always sell out instantly on day 1. The rocket just has that perfect balance of "epic build, rad theme, decent price" that encourages people to buy it.

There might be some mystique about NASA themed ideas sets too, as the last one was severely under produced.

But if lego is smart there will be a second run over the next month or two and you'll be able to pick up your own rocket with no stress.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
In other Ideas news, they announced all the details of the Old Fishing Store. September 1st, $150usd, 2049 pieces.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Hell yesssss

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Hey guys, guess who was #3 in Australia (or at least #3 in one of the two lego stores in Aus) to buy this?
:smug:
The box is pretty heavy.

I'm going to have a fun morning.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
Got my Saturn V in the post, and that fishing village is exactly my jam.

Still bitter that I missed the Shuttle Expedition & Rover sets, might have to bricklink the shuttle at least.
e: oh gently caress, not at those prices...

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

Lizard Combatant posted:

Still bitter that I missed the Shuttle Expedition & Rover sets, might have to bricklink the shuttle at least.

Don't forget there were two of those shuttles: Shuttle Adventure is a little cheaper on BL.

The differences:

quote:

The fuel tank has been reinforced with supports to strengthen the assembly
The landing gear is strengthened to function better across many different floor types
The Cargo doors can now be more rigorously opened and closed
The entire build has been reworked to limit opportunities for misplacing elements
Astronauts now have wigs in addition to their helmets (1 male, 1 female). Face prints are also different.
The new set now has 1,230 elements
New Satellite can be securely positioned on the new mechanical arm

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Pyroclastic posted:

Don't forget there were two of those shuttles: Shuttle Adventure is a little cheaper on BL.

The differences:

huh... i did not know that

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Lizard Combatant posted:

The Rover is relatively cheap to BL. None of the pieces are expensive.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Iirc there's a particular piece or three that only come in that set and like one other that can be very expensive.

Tanith
Jul 17, 2005

Alpha, Beta, Gamma cores
Use them, lose them, salvage more
Kick off the next AI war
In the Persean Sector
I'm sad that none of 2017's Creator sets satisfy my lust for planes. Airshow Aces and Island Adventures do not scratch my itch. :(

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Man, this is taking awhile (which is great!) and it is slowly getting bigger.

This is only stage 1, about to open the fifth (of 12) bag to finish off stage 1 by the looks of it. Has taken 3 hours but I'm watching netflix and have made a fire in that time as well (first day of winter and all) I'm very glad I ook today off to buy and build this.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Lego site getting hammered.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Up on US store

https://shop.lego.com/en-US/LEGO-NASA-Apollo-Saturn-V-21309

dangittj
Jan 25, 2006

The Force is strong with this one
This rocket is destroying Lego's webstore....

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
This is bad. I've never noticed how bad the store was. It doesn't even give any indication of screen loading. Weird.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
What's in store availability look like in the US?

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

I've successfully added it to my bag repeatedly (sometimes as many as 7 at a time when it catches up with me), but any time I try to enter a zip code, it doesn't recognize it, and you can't proceed to checkout without a valid zip.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I got logged in. Got to the first page after you click checkout. Then nothing. Now I am logged out and it's not in my cart and I can't even bring up the page. When I try to login it does nothing. Awesome. :)

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Waltzing Along posted:

I got logged in. Got to the first page after you click checkout. Then nothing. Now I am logged out and it's not in my cart and I can't even bring up the page. When I try to login it does nothing. Awesome. :)

Same, I'm going to try to head to the lego store before work when they open to grab a few, hopefully they have them.

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

Plinkey posted:

What's in store availability look like in the US?

Drunkill said in IRC that his Aussie store had like 30 stacked behind the counter. I'd guess that's a bare minimum for even the most podunk US Lego store. And since Barnes and Noble were getting them days ago...it's probably not going to be a severely limited item like Curiosity.

Pyroclastic fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Jun 1, 2017

dangittj
Jan 25, 2006

The Force is strong with this one

Waltzing Along posted:

Im on the address confirmation page... clicking Next appears to do nothing, not getting any kind of loading indicator at all. They should really be used to this by now.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Pyroclastic posted:

Drunkkill said in IRC that his Aussie store had like 30 stacked behind the counter. I'd guess that's a bare minimum for even the most podunk US Lego store. And since Barnes and Noble were getting them days ago...it's probably not going to be a severely limited item like Curiosity.

I'm right outside of DC so a really populated place, I guess I'll see how many lego nerds are pulling up at 10 am tomorrow.

B&N might be closer and less crowded though.

e: The B&N is right next to the Lego Store, so I guess I'm driving to the same place.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Finally got to the address page again...and it removed my VIP points. LOL.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

I think I was maybe able to order one from the lego site despite living in a place where with some effort I could find a place to go buy one myself tomorrow. :effort:

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

drat, got all the way through the Paypal page and signing in on the final order confirmation page before it threw an error at me and wouldn't submit.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

I managed to get through. :toot:

Factor Mystic
Mar 20, 2006

Baby's First Post-Apocalyptic Fiction

El Burbo posted:

I managed to get through. :toot:

Same. Either people gave up or they turned on some more servers

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

I also got through and got a paypal confirmation.

Still, if they have any left in stock in Bellevue or Tukwila tomorrow after work, I'll head out there and get a second.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Finally got an order through. Huzzah.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Paypal worked, the lego site CC system is being destroyed apparently.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

Pyroclastic posted:

Drunkill said in IRC that his Aussie store had like 30 stacked behind the counter. I'd guess that's a bare minimum for even the most podunk US Lego store. And since Barnes and Noble were getting them days ago...it's probably not going to be a severely limited item like Curiosity.

Yup, at least 30-40 behind the counter as the doors opened at the lego shop here in Melbourne. I was the third customer. There are only two lego stores in Australia and they're both discovery centres, not proper lego owned stores, which I presume will have hundreds in stock.
I guess the store here will have heaps too but they could run out today still even if they had a hundred. I mean by the time I left the store 2 minutes after I bought mine 7 had already been sold at 9:33am.

Anyway, it owns. My fingers are a bit sore so I'm taking a lunch break. It has taken about 4 hours to put together stage 1 (while watching netflix so probably half speed) and I did make one fuckup which I had to pull the thing apart to rotate a piece right near the base.

It owns though.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus
Ordered easily about 30min ago. Pages loaded slow but luckily didn't have any errors. Now for the wait...

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

This is more on me than you guys, but holy poo poo I am already sick of hearing about this rocket.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

veni veni veni posted:

This is more on me than you guys, but holy poo poo I am already sick of hearing about this rocket.

Are you my ex?

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Plinkey posted:

Are you my ex?

I doubt it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Got one, random chance on wandering wifi, around 2155. Was trying the whole hour.