Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.
Melee dps hot take time! All of this is based on the current game environment and I don't really expect it to hold into stormblood because if it does then they really hosed up the balance.

Winner: Dragoon! Still have battle litany, get even more utility in their weird tether skill. Botd is easier to manage than before and all their skills look real cool. Piercing debuff is still relevant since I can't see a group not wanting a mch or brd around.

An effort was made tier: Nin. Nin looks fine. Not sure if the loss of b4b and IR will really be made up by the increased potencies but they probably do. The new skills are all good, albeit boring additions. Trick Attack and Shadewalker are still really powerful utility and I don't think losing Goad exclusivity is a particularly powerful hit to how in demand they are. Also their AE is GREAT. Gonna be real surprised if they aren't consistently the best melee AE dps.

There can be only one tier: Both Sam and Monk are in the same lovely spot of not bringing any particularly valuable utility. Brotherhood for monk looks good and might give it the edge assuming mnk and sam dps are roughly equal. Sam slahing debuff is slightly relevant I guess but based on what I've seen of the tanks the bring a warrior and then a paladin or dark knight paradigm isn't going anywhere. Regardless, in the battle between low utility high dps melee classes, the highest dps will win and the other is going to be launch mch tier of desirable. Not that winning the title of highest dps will matter if people still prefer to focus on group utility instead.

Encounter design may be changing drastically in Stormblood. There are hints of it all over the place (well, hints there's change coming or that they have no idea what they are doing and the last 3 years of reasonably well balanced jobs were a huge fluke). Also the current meta is highly tilted towards speed clears since there's been nothing to progress towards in months, so needing to work on progression again could cause radical shifts in what the community deems desireable. But as the game currently stands, this is how I see it for melee dps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Here's my even hotter take: I'm gonna play whatever I think is coolest, and if my party loses on some buffs then they can deal with it!!!!

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

My focus is UNPARALLELED!

Poops Mcgoots posted:

Here's my even hotter take: I'm gonna play whatever I think is coolest, and if my party loses on some buffs then they can deal with it!!!!

:yeah:

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Failboattootoot posted:

There can be only one tier: Both Sam and Monk are in the same lovely spot of not bringing any particularly valuable utility. Brotherhood for monk looks good and might give it the edge assuming mnk and sam dps are roughly equal. Sam slahing debuff is slightly relevant I guess but based on what I've seen of the tanks the bring a warrior and then a paladin or dark knight paradigm isn't going anywhere. Regardless, in the battle between low utility high dps melee classes, the highest dps will win and the other is going to be launch mch tier of desirable. Not that winning the title of highest dps will matter if people still prefer to focus on group utility instead.

We have to see the final potency for jobs because right now if SAM and MNK keep their listed potency it won't even be close. SAM will blow MNK out of the water. At a glance, SAM will be using a 720 potency move roughly every 9 (or 12, if they refreshed Higanbana which is 240 upfront and 700 over 60 seconds) GCDs. While attacking only slightly slower than MNK, and with 150/280/400 (or 150/34) potency combos. MNK would need a lot of extra Forbidden Chakra uses to compete.

I don't believe that SAM potency is finalized and I'd be surprised if their skills' potency(and CD, in the case of stuff like Kaiten) don't drop significantly across the board, but if they don't MNK's going to be left in the dust and left hoping that Brotherhood giving an extra 1% (if that) raidwide DPS can make up for not being able to regularly use moves that make Fell Cleave at its peak look like a joke.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Did any one capture pet ability tool tips? I saw the change for embrace which probably nets to nothing but surely Eos's abilities at least must have changed with all the healer cooldown changes? And what do Garuda's abilities look like now with out contagion?

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

hobbesmaster posted:

Did any one capture pet ability tool tips? I saw the change for embrace which probably nets to nothing but surely Eos's abilities at least must have changed with all the healer cooldown changes? And what do Garuda's abilities look like now with out contagion?

I think the replacement for Contagion is a 10% magic vuln, don't know duration or cooldown.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

vOv posted:

I think the replacement for Contagion is a 10% magic vuln, don't know duration or cooldown.

:staredog:

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

vOv posted:

15s duration in the Famitsu tooltips.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Evil Fluffy posted:

We have to see the final potency for jobs because right now if SAM and MNK keep their listed potency it won't even be close. SAM will blow MNK out of the water. At a glance, SAM will be using a 720 potency move roughly every 9 (or 12, if they refreshed Higanbana which is 240 upfront and 700 over 60 seconds) GCDs. While attacking only slightly slower than MNK, and with 150/280/400 (or 150/34) potency combos. MNK would need a lot of extra Forbidden Chakra uses to compete.

I don't believe that SAM potency is finalized and I'd be surprised if their skills' potency(and CD, in the case of stuff like Kaiten) don't drop significantly across the board, but if they don't MNK's going to be left in the dust and left hoping that Brotherhood giving an extra 1% (if that) raidwide DPS can make up for not being able to regularly use moves that make Fell Cleave at its peak look like a joke.

I might be naively optimistic but I imagine that in their internal testing the dps of the 2 jobs is fairly close, or else the nerfed monk potency doesn't make any sense.

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

I love that the JP tooltip for Devotion supposedly says that it's a persistent 5% magic damage buff to whoever is closest to it in 30 yards. Hey BLM, want to go stand in this fire over here? What's dps worth to you?

TheShadowAvatar
Nov 25, 2004

Ain't Nothing But A Family Thing

Thread title owns.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
I hope the samurai numbers are wrong, so I don't feel the overwhelming need to play it

slev
Apr 6, 2009

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Very Important event going on in Idyllshire right now on Excalibur

jalapeno_dude
Apr 10, 2015

[quote=http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/00f10efa9f916aab2e1bc9f7f1d2d2f103c99519
]As Stormblood approaches, Zenos yae Galvus, Legatus of the XIIth Legion and crown prince of the Garlean Empire has set his sights on… refreshing beverages. [/quote]

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.

A Spider Covets posted:

Very Important event going on in Idyllshire right now on Excalibur

Turkey Fry Festival?

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

lmfao

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
all of the new zones look incredible

and it looks like we'll be going over to Othard pretty early in the expansion, that underwater dungeon is level 63.

I'm beyond excited now. I will be part of the obnoxious sea of Samurai.

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

I want it

Klades
Sep 8, 2011

I am constantly wavering between being elated that SAM is super good and being confused and dismayed by how poo poo things turned out for WHM (and dungeon-faring SCH).

I just want to ask them if anyone there actually plays WHM, and whether or not they're garbage.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

I'm holding off on judgments until I see how stuff plays out. Stormblood content may suit the new numbers or whatever.

Except for astrologian, which I have already judged to be cool and good forever.

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

Klades posted:

I am constantly wavering between being elated that SAM is super good and being confused and dismayed by how poo poo things turned out for WHM (and dungeon-faring SCH).

I just want to ask them if anyone there actually plays WHM, and whether or not they're garbage.

I think Dungeon-SCH will be just fine.

We can't bane to the moon but there's still some stuff going on:
6 mobs
HW Bane:: 100 + 100 + 100 + 50 + 50 + 50 = 450% potency of dots
SB Bane: 100 + 80 + 60 + 40 + 20 + 20 = 320% potency of dots

You lose the Bio 1 and Miasma 2 potency, but your fairy is stronger, rouse/excogitation is up every pull, broil hits harder, and you generally just have more GCDs to cast Broil III. it's going to be a nerf, but considering SCH could top AOE in dungeons in many cases, it seems reasonable to me.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Just a reminder that between Samurai having over 1000 direct crit hit Weaponskills and Red Mage looks fun as gently caress, the inventory expansion is almost here... finally.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Welp, there is a carls jr literally 3 minute walk from my house. Guess I'll be grabbing one of these.

E: Maybe I'll grab that artery clogging baby back rib burger.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Just a reminder that between Samurai having over 1000 direct crit hit Weaponskills and Red Mage looks fun as gently caress, the inventory expansion is almost here... finally.

So what are the details on inventory expansions?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

How big is a 40oz in size. Sounds huge

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop
Hopefully that Famitsu article is correct, and Riddle of Fire truly is 30%, which stacks on the baseline Fists of Fire 5%, all you monk haters can go stick a finger in a pie is what I say!

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

Two of these in a single cup:

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

8-Bit Scholar posted:

So what are the details on inventory expansions?

IIRC the main inventory gets another page and the Armory chest gets another line or two per section.

So overall 40 slots both for inventory and Armory total.

Arthil
Feb 17, 2012

A Beard of Constant Sorrow
Big thing to keep in mind for the tooltip stuff is it could all change a lot between now and the 16th. Or have already changed quite a bit as most of the information we're getting was from a while ago. Now tooltip inconsistencies where the English translation says it -reduces- damage, but the original Japanese tooltip says it -increases- damage does seem obviously correct for the latter but numbers might be subject to change.

Inventory: I think it's one and a half(idunno) new slots for the inventory and 10 new spots per equipment slot for the armory chest.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Close to 1.2L.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

EponymousMrYar posted:

IIRC the main inventory gets another page and the Armory chest gets another line or two per section.

So overall 40 slots both for inventory and Armory total.

It's actually another 40 for the main inventory alone, I don't know how large the armory expansion is.

Virulence
Jun 14, 2012

vOv posted:

It's actually another 40 for the main inventory alone, I don't know how large the armory expansion is.

When they showed it off two liveletters ago it looked like +10 slots per armory chest category.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Meiteron posted:

POTD told me to gently caress off

Yeah, this and how absolutely boring it is for most of it keeps me from going all the way. I didn't even get up to level 100. I got to 90 and just erased it to level SMN or something.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Oh, it's not so big then. Thanks everyone.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

vOv posted:

Yeah, I meant 40 for inventory and then another 40 for the armory chest, which is actually way lowballing what they showed :v:

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Doesn't seem to be any near me. :negative:

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Evil Fluffy posted:

Doesn't seem to be any near me. :negative:

On the east coast they're called Hardee's.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
forty new inventory slots one to hold each ounce of delicious Coca Cola in the new Carls Jr collector cups

• Locked thread