Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

Now, a question: for a late-game Dread Fighter Gray, should I hand him a Brave Sword or have him stick with Lightning? Foudroyant is pretty great, but enemy Res is getting quite high.

A forged Brave Sword is way better lategame, especially when you need Dread Fighters to run up and murder an Arcanist with Death.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I wonder if it's worth it to shove the speed spring down Boey's throat

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is

Tired Moritz posted:

shove literally the entire thing into him or don't use him at all, tbh

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Tired Moritz posted:

In a regular run, definitely. Having a third nuker doesn't hurt. And yeah Boey really needs the early game speed bump.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

Now, a question: for a late-game Dread Fighter Gray, should I hand him a Brave Sword or have him stick with Lightning? Foudroyant is pretty great, but enemy Res is getting quite high.

There's going to be a million enemy mages later on.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Endorph posted:

uh, you just click out the units you don't want and click in the units you want. like a unit select screen.
From the Order screen, do you mean? I didn't realise you could, I ended up re-ordering to do it.

It's just strange to me that when you enter a normal Skirmish on the map you have the option of a Unit Select screen, but you don't ever need to not bring any units since it lets you deploy everyone. But you don't get the Unit Select screen option when you enter a dungeon.

e: Is there any way to tell what bonuses characters get from Supports, or do I just need to look it up? As far as I can see, Clair gets a big Crit boost from Alm. I wish it showed when the battle screen opened like in previous games.

irlZaphod fucked around with this message at 10:10 on Jun 1, 2017

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

irlZaphod posted:

From the Order screen, do you mean? I didn't realise you could, I ended up re-ordering to do it.

It's just strange to me that when you enter a normal Skirmish on the map you have the option of a Unit Select screen, but you don't ever need to not bring any units since it lets you deploy everyone. But you don't get the Unit Select screen option when you enter a dungeon.

e: Is there any way to tell what bonuses characters get from Supports, or do I just need to look it up? As far as I can see, Clair gets a big Crit boost from Alm. I wish it showed when the battle screen opened like in previous games.

Pretty sure the bonus is in orange in the full stats view.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Invoke seems busted

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Berkut's last battle theme is so loving gooooood

nerd_of_prey
Mar 27, 2010
Is the DLC worth buying? I'm on Act 4 and enjoying things so far! First time selecting casual mode on a fire emblem game ever but I didn't really need to thanks to milas turnwheel, I want this mechanic in every fire emblem game now, so much better than redoing a whole chapter!

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Most of the dlc is grinding or overpowered 4th tier classes.

Theres prologue story dlc but that costs 13 bucks.

nerd_of_prey
Mar 27, 2010

Tae posted:

Most of the dlc is grinding or overpowered 4th tier classes.

Theres prologue story dlc but that costs 13 bucks.

Is it enjoyable grinding? I liked the awakening DLC bought some of it, didn't buy any fates DLC except the other game. There are a couple of bits I'm interested in and thinking maybe I should just buy the full season pass. I already bought the special edition so have already been over spending!

On a related note, I got some shiny new amiibo with my special edition, how do I use these? I also have a Lucina and Ike are they compatible?

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

I haven't seen anyone talk about palla but she's been absolutely slamming her strength growth and I love her

I would like her to get speed at least once though

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Palla already doubles everything she needs to double at 12 Spd so it's ok

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Made atlas an archer and gave him an iron bow so he has the curved arrow art, so he can always do a single long ranged strong hit. Not bad for a guy with no speed or skill

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Ruggington posted:

I haven't seen anyone talk about palla but she's been absolutely slamming her strength growth and I love her

I would like her to get speed at least once though

i called her the best unit in the game, op

nerd_of_prey posted:

Is it enjoyable grinding? I liked the awakening DLC bought some of it, didn't buy any fates DLC except the other game. There are a couple of bits I'm interested in and thinking maybe I should just buy the full season pass. I already bought the special edition so have already been over spending!

On a related note, I got some shiny new amiibo with my special edition, how do I use these? I also have a Lucina and Ike are they compatible?
if you want to buy the season pass i wont stop you but it's not really super fun grinding. the only dlc id say is worth it are the cipher characters. and ike and lucina are compatible, but all they do is summon themselves for a turn.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Endorph posted:

i called her the best unit in the game, op

if you want to buy the season pass i wont stop you but it's not really super fun grinding. the only dlc id say is worth it are the cipher characters. and ike and lucina are compatible, but all they do is summon themselves for a turn.

She didn't get enough... anything else, for me. Meanwhile, Est was only like a point or two behind in attack, and leagues ahead in everything else, so eh.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Palla is one of the best characters if you're not specifically grinding, and Est takes a lot of work. Palla does what Falcoknights need to do with less investment.

That said I personally think Saber and Kamui outclass her.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

blizzardvizard posted:

Palla already doubles everything she needs to double at 12 Spd so it's ok

In what mode, 12 speed doesn't do anything on normal.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

blizzardvizard posted:

Palla is one of the best characters if you're not specifically grinding, and Est takes a lot of work. Palla does what Falcoknights need to do with less investment.

That said I personally think Saber and Kamui outclass her.

Erm, Est's bases are equal to or greater than Palla's bases, other than Attack.

Frankly, if it's between the two initial whitewings, it seems like Catria's better, who has the best bases of all 3 of them, being better in every department than Palla except Strength (by 1 point) (And a point of Def, I think), and better in every department than Est except Res (Which Est completely demolishes almost everyone in anyway)

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Which one is the blue hair one. She's got way better stats for me

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

mabels big day posted:

Which one is the blue hair one. She's got way better stats for me

Catria.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Catria is the least worst of the peg knights i guess. Although clair has a monopoly on good lances and she doesn't have to deal with dreadfighters nearly as much.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

The real 'problem' with Est is the level differential between you getting her and her being able to promote in order to get that sweet, sweet Falcon Knight base HP and Def stats.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

What level do mages and pegasus knights promote?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Is there a place I should be finding Gold Marks at?

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

mabels big day posted:

What level do mages and pegasus knights promote?

12 for Peg Knights, 12 for male Mages, 14 for female Mages.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Tae posted:

In what mode, 12 speed doesn't do anything on normal.

In Hard Mode. The enemies can generally be divided into 2 categories, slow af enemies (Arcanists, Witches, Necrodragons) that can be doubled at Falcoknight base Spd and fast af enemies (Dread Fighters, Gargoyles) that none of the sisters can double without heavy grinding. Her higher Atk also means she can more reliably orko Necrodragons with a forged Blessed Lance, and armored Terrors with some investment/lucky Atk procs, and that's her weight in gold.

Catria has 30% Str growth while Palla has 60%. Catria looks like she has better stats, since her Skl, Lck, and Spd are all higher, but they're a little superfluous because Skl and Lck don't matter as much as Str and she doesn't double anything more than Palla with her higher Spd. Plus Palla reaches promo faster. That's not to say Catria is bad, both of them are high-tier units, but Palla is better in the aspects that are more important.

Est could be better than Palla with grinding, she just comes in too late. Level 3 with 9 base Atk when you're on the way to the end of Act 3 doesn't cut it. Again, assuming minimal grinding.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Pureauthor posted:

12 for male Mages, 14 for female Mages.
wow wtf intsys

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Is Mila's Bounty 3 out yet? Don't know which party I should give the Gold Purse too. I can forge a Rhomphaia immediately for Alm, but giving Celica's merc and peg crew Saunion and Zweihander is also cool

Nissin Cup Nudist fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Jun 1, 2017

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

irlZaphod posted:

wow wtf intsys
male and female mages have different promotions, and female mages get sword access from promoting. it isn't just an arbitrary 'girls get hosed' thing.

edit: also guys being worse mages than girls is pretty much part of the setting, so the girls having later promotions is a slight balancing mechanism.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
swords are overrated

also is 3 stats up from a level good? I assume so.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Is Mila's Bounty 3 out yet? Don't know which party I should give the Gold Purse too. I can forge a Rhomphaia immediately for Alm, but giving Celica's merc and peg crew Saunion and Zweihander is also cool

Saunion is pretty bad from my previous run. The 2-3 range REALLY hurts it because whoever's holding it is going to be targeted by enemy phase all day. Catria did not have a time.

Also anything that's 70 or less accuracy is pretty rear end.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Tired Moritz posted:

swords are overrated

also is 3 stats up from a level good? I assume so.

3 stats on a regular basis is good. I'm stuck in two stat hell now.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

I would die for a three stat level up

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I would kill you for a three stat level up.

Maybe we can reach an agreement.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Oh that's good! I had a Boey that had 2 4-5 stats level up so I was a bit confused.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Need 6 stats? Just ask Clair!

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
My strangest level up was still when Clair got Speed/Res two levels in a row.

I think literally no one else proc'd a res growth the entire run.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

irlZaphod posted:

wow wtf intsys

Female mages are much better and all have acces to the anti-terror spell. They are not suffering in the least.

• Locked thread