Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Nichael posted:

:swoon:President Eric Trump :swoon:

That's obviously what America wants.

What about Tiffany?☹️

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

oohhboy posted:

What about Tiffany?☹️

Who?

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
assuming that the Democratic wave of 2018 that people keep talking about actually happens, what are the chances that liberal politicians, media and talking heads will immediately squander it by clinging to the useless concepts of decorum, bipartisanship and political capital

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities

Undoubtedly referring to the 80's pop singer Tiffany. I can't think of another one anywhere near as noteworthy.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Majorian posted:

Undoubtedly referring to the 80's pop singer Tiffany. I can't think of another one anywhere near as noteworthy.

There's that jewelry store with those little blue boxes.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities

Mustached Demon posted:

There's that jewelry store with those little blue boxes.

Oh yeah, my wife keeps mentioning that place. I'm not sure why, I think she wants something from there.:downs:

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Majorian posted:

Oh yeah, my wife keeps mentioning that place. I'm not sure why, I think she wants something from there.:downs:

She wants one of those little blue boxes duh. Ladies find them cute.

My brother was told that and got his wife a blue box from Tiffany's. An empty one.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
Chris Cilizza on CNN after democrats retake the house in 2018: Well now that the minor issues are solved lets spend the two years before the next election on constantly screaming that the democrats are corrupt and bad and don't deserve your vote

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Mustached Demon posted:

She wants one of those little blue boxes duh. Ladies find them cute.

My brother was told that and got his wife a blue box from Tiffany's. An empty one.

I'm sure that went over well. Did he try to justify it by saying something along the lines of, "This box is a PROMISE! A promise for all the beautiful things we'll get each other over the years! It's totally not evidence of me forgetting our anniversary! Baby where you going?!:qq:"

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Majorian posted:

I'm sure that went over well. Did he try to justify it by saying something along the lines of, "This box is a PROMISE! A promise for all the beautiful things we'll get each other over the years! It's totally not evidence of me forgetting our anniversary! Baby where you going?!:qq:"

No he owned up to it. He said he thought it was the box they wanted and honestly found it weird woman really wanted the box.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

I hope she found that endearing.

Did anybody post this, btw? "Trump White House grants waivers of ethics rules." Aiding Conway, Bannon, and four ex-lobbyists.:laugh:

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008

RottenK posted:

assuming that the Democratic wave of 2018 that people keep talking about actually happens, what are the chances that liberal politicians, media and talking heads will immediately squander it by clinging to the useless concepts of decorum, bipartisanship and political capital

Even in a best case scenario, all a Democratic wave in 2018 does is slow down the damage until 2020. They're not coming anywhere close to enough for veto overrides even if by absolute miracle they manage to just barely squeak into a neutral or +1 Senate (this is super unlikely, but predicting politics 1.5 years from now might as well use tea leaves for all the good it does in this climate). Getting a majority in the House seems unlikely but possible if the Russia stuff really stays in the news that long, and that would be huge for setting up investigation committees and making sure lovely laws stop being written. Of course, anything shy of 51 Senate seats means they can still appoint terrible judges, and even with 51 seats, there's still executive orders and the lovely cabinet picks.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

HPanda posted:

Even in a best case scenario, all a Democratic wave in 2018 does is slow down the damage until 2020. They're not coming anywhere close to enough for veto overrides even if by absolute miracle they manage to just barely squeak into a neutral or +1 Senate (this is super unlikely, but predicting politics 1.5 years from now might as well use tea leaves for all the good it does in this climate). Getting a majority in the House seems unlikely but possible if the Russia stuff really stays in the news that long, and that would be huge for setting up investigation committees and making sure lovely laws stop being written. Of course, anything shy of 51 Senate seats means they can still appoint terrible judges, and even with 51 seats, there's still executive orders and the lovely cabinet picks.

I know what the wave is supposed to achieve, you don't need to tell me. I was asking about the probablility of the wave happening and then producing no results at all because of sabotage by cretins who would want to "stay civil"/"go high"/"have the moral high ground"/"preserve political capital" etc etc etc, instead of getting their knives out and obstructing the conservatives in every way possible while also riling the base up in preparation for 2020.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
There's plenty of little Joe Liebermans in wait, and the media is still swarming with useless morons who are very worried about decorum and want to give trump a chance every time he manages to no act demented for a second.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-rg5nvtXNw

:captainpop:

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.

Timeless Appeal posted:

Noah didn't retire and he didn't complain about climate change.

A few pages ago but the "God will take care of climate change" line doesn't even work even if you are religious.

God didn't manifest Noah's ark, nor he'd teleported the animals on it. He told Noah, and Noah did his best to fix the issue.

So we have an example of a literal "God acts through men to address Climate Problems" in the fuckin Bible.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

That Italian Guy posted:

A few pages ago but the "God will take care of climate change" line doesn't even work even if you are religious.

God didn't manifest Noah's ark, nor he'd teleported the animals on it. He told Noah, and Noah did his best to fix the issue.

So we have an example of a literal "God acts through men to address Climate Problems" in the fuckin Bible.

As well as several examples of people flat-out ignoring oncoming catastrophes, and WELP, guess how that turned out!

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

Looks like those predictions of the arts at least being good during Trump were entirely accurate! :downs:

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008

RottenK posted:

I know what the wave is supposed to achieve, you don't need to tell me. I was asking about the probablility of the wave happening and then producing no results at all because of sabotage by cretins who would want to "stay civil"/"go high"/"have the moral high ground"/"preserve political capital" etc etc etc, instead of getting their knives out and obstructing the conservatives in every way possible while also riling the base up in preparation for 2020.

Fair enough. Then not very high. On one hand, they can come together well enough when they smell blood. On the other hand, the left has, at least for the past few months, shown that they're pissed, probably enough to start attacking any Democrat turncoat if something came down to just one or two votes. So far, they've only had hall passes on things that would pass anyway. If a Democratic wave hits in 2018, that shows a motivated voter base that might not turn up for them in 2020 if they betrayed the base. A motivated base is gonna outweigh the small possibility of a few right-wing moderates.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Wow he has good taste

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000

HPanda posted:

If a Democratic wave hits in 2018, that shows a motivated voter base that might not turn up for them in 2020 if they betrayed the base.
Okay I'll just wait around for evidence, any evidence at all, that they give a poo poo about this sort of thing.

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/JohnAvlon/status/870111344384782336

Ha ha ha marvelous

Camel Camus
Jun 16, 2009

Mais, non, je suis fantastique!

El Burbo posted:

Wow he has good taste

I can see how you'd get confused and say something like this but actually no his taste is very bad because he watches animes.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

He's draining the swamp!

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry

This kid knows his anime.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Camel Camus posted:

I can see how you'd get confused and say something like this but actually no his taste is very bad because he watches animes.

I think you'll find, sir,

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

The kids are alright.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

drilldo squirt posted:

This kid knows his anime.

Anime sucks though.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
the fact that the son of Donald J. Trump is, by all appearances, a JoJo fan is completely loving hilarious to me

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
like good loving lord "Barron Trump is a weeaboo" was just about near the bottom of the list of things I expected to be actually true

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Be careful before the anime-right gets a hold of him.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

the fact that the son of Donald J. Trump is, by all appearances, a JoJo fan is completely loving hilarious to me

uhh you see the blue tick anywhere?

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
jojo fans unite

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Kurtofan posted:

jojo fans unite

I just started watching Diamond is Unbreakable, only started watching JoJo early this year. Good anime.

Frogfingers
Oct 10, 2012

Someone send this kid some Evangelion.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Frogfingers posted:

Someone send this kid some Space Runaway Ideon.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

I'm having a hard time seeing how many waivers Obama issued, if any.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

Having just been shown the squirrel scene from Jojo after thinking it was another kid's cartoon for years I can say that this kid has hilariously good taste.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Everything's coming up explodey!

Pillbug

Ignoring anime for a secondever, @STBPOTUS? Only thing I can think of is Soon To Be POTUS.

• Locked thread